Delete the Beyblade anime and manga forum?

Poll: Should the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum be deleted?

Yes
36.36%
No
63.64%
Total: 100% 33 vote(s)
This board is extremely focused on the Beyblade hobby as opposed to the anime and manga. So, I wanted to hear feedback from the users: should we delete this forum?

The argument for this is that it draws members that don't necessarily contribute to the goal of this website (which is to discuss the Beyblade hobby, not the anime and manga). It ends up drawing in people who don't really mesh well with the rest of the membership base here.

The argument against this is that as a part of Beyblade we should allow a venue for discussion here, and those of us who aren't interested can simply ignore it.

Of course, topics about the Beyblade anime and manga would be allowed in the media forum, but only one topic for each would be allowed.

So what do you think?
I have no problem with deleting that board.

But I can see where others might agree with you when you said that we could simply ignore it.
I think learning about the hobby is more important than discussing the anime/manga.

Also, I think that the above reason is more of a priority to the community and site.

I'm swaying more toward delete, but allowing those who like the anime and manga series may convert them to actual players rather than watchers.
With the new season coming up along with the new beyblades, that forum could be left alone.
Well I'd say trash it, but yeah, with the new anime coming up, it might draw up members who want to talk about it which then gets to where bugturtles was getting at.

Edit: Fixed lol
Yeah, I Would say just leave that board alone for now because once the new series start up and u don't have that board nomore then u will be sorry
G Wrote:Well I'd say trash it, but yeah, with the new anime coming up, it might draw up members who want to talk about it which then gets to where bigturtles was getting at.

bugturtles
I wouldn't mind a topic for it if it is gotten rid of, but I think if our goal is to attract the blading population from an early start I think we should keep it. Otherwise, we should trash it. From a pure numbers sense, it definitely should be kept, if not for attracting members and creating new blading blood. While the conversion rate may be low, it is still a conversion rate.

However, as Brad stated, these people might not be the best type of people we want to attract. =(
Nothing wrong with a forum for the anime, imo.

It's not like it's doing anybody harm, and might help turn watchers into players.
e Wrote:It's not like it's doing anybody harm, and might help turn watchers into players.

I agree. Even though a lot of the members who join just to talk about the anime/manga will most likely not fit in with the overall goal of the community, some will and I think thats good enough reason to leave it. Especially with the new anime coming up like Kai-V said.
If people don't feel they fit into this community, surely it's up to them whether they stay or not.

I understand why you'd want to trash it, but it's not like the only activity going on in there is a few necro'd 'who's the hottest', 'who's your favourite character' threads by said people who don't fit in...

We have had recent activity and I agree with others that if we get news on the anime series soon there will be more to discuss.

Can't you just hide that forum from Guests if you're worried about drawing the wrong crowd?
I don't see why the two crowds can't just try and blend together

It's not like two different species polarized by HATE and WARFARE.
e Wrote:I don't see why the two crowds can't just try and blend together

It's not like two different species polarized by HATE and WARFARE.

clearly you've never read the anime and manga forum
Bey Brad Wrote:clearly you've never read the anime and manga forum

okay that is a good point.

You could offer free nuclear weapons? Then it'd be over with quickly at the very least.
convert it too only two topics or trash it.
Merge it with media, and frown upon irrelevant discussion of it outside.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Merge it with media, and frown upon irrelevant discussion of it outside.
+1.

Make it a thoughtcrime to discuss it outside of the specified area. =)
flashfox Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Merge it with media, and frown upon irrelevant discussion of it outside.
+1.

This sounds good to me as well.
Roan Wrote:
flashfox Wrote:
+1.

This sounds good to me as well.
Agreeing with the above too.
i have looked at all the forums except anime and manga forum it sounds so boring (no offense)
I say keep it mainly becuase (as people have said) of the new anime that is coming out.
There's really not that much to discuss about the Beyblade anime & manga. It's a rather conventional story -shrugs-
Well I like the animé, or I've liked it so far and generally the beyblades are released at the same time as corresponding episodes with the anime so it could be useful. Personally I think it should be kept, but I wouldn't be devastated if it went Tongue_out
LazerBlader Wrote:There's really not that much to discuss about the Beyblade anime & manga. It's a rather conventional story -shrugs-

I think he might have a point, but, why not let it fester there? Ignore it. Let the people who like it bathe in the rot if they want.