Corey's stamina testing (Results for AD145, and S130MB combos)

This is sort of odd, as I didn't expect either of these parts to perform quite so well.

Tests done in attack stadium, alternating launches.

Test 1) Earth Bull 145WD vs. Earth Aquario AD145WD

1) AD145 by outspin
2) AD145 by ouspin
3) 145 by outspin
4) AD145 by outspin
5) 145 by outspin
6) AD145 by outspin
7) AD145 by outspin
8) 145 by outspin
9) AD145 by outspin
10) 145 by outspin
11) 145 by outspin
12) AD145 by outspin

7-5 in favor of AD145, with each winning two in a row at least once. Comparable tracks? It looks like it to me.

For my second test, I wanted to try out MB. It's been stated by Daegor and others that MB's main problem is its balance issue, so i tried to neglect it as much as possible by putting it on a lower track than the usual stamina combo. Because of MB's height, putting it on S130 worked out perfectly to keep the metal wheels in this test at very similar heights overall.

Test 2) Earth Bull 145SD vs Earth Aquario S130MB

1) 145SD by outspin
2) S130MB by outspin
3) 145SD by outspin
4) 145SD by outspin
5) S130MB by outspin
6) 145SD by outspin
7) S130MB by outspin
8) S130MB by outspin
9) S130MB by outspin
10) 145SD by outspin
11) S130MB by outspin
12) 145SD by outspin

Similar results to the AD145 testing, except this test resulted in a perfect 6-6 split.

Has anyone tried these specific combos, and if not..Will you? Please provide any input or suggestions.

I will make video tomorrow to back up my test results. I have it recorded but I have no time to edit it and whatnot tonight.
(Sep. 04, 2010  2:13 AM)Corey Wrote: This is sort of odd, as I didn't expect either of these parts to perform quite so well.

Tests done in attack stadium, alternating launches.

Test 1) Earth Bull 145WD vs. Earth Aquario AD145WD

1) AD145 by outspin
2) AD145 by ouspin
3) 145 by outspin
4) AD145 by outspin
5) 145 by outspin
6) AD145 by outspin
7) AD145 by outspin
8) 145 by outspin
9) AD145 by outspin
10) 145 by outspin
11) 145 by outspin
12) AD145 by outspin

7-5 in favor of AD145, with each winning two in a row at least once. Comparable tracks? It looks like it to me.

For my second test, I wanted to try out MB. It's been stated by Daegor and others that MB's main problem is its balance issue, so i tried to neglect it as much as possible by putting it on a lower track than the usual stamina combo. Because of MB's height, putting it on S130 worked out perfectly to keep the metal wheels in this test at very similar heights overall.

Test 2) Earth Bull 145SD vs Earth Aquario S130MB

1) 145SD by outspin
2) S130MB by outspin
3) 145SD by outspin
4) 145SD by outspin
5) S130MB by outspin
6) 145SD by outspin
7) S130MB by outspin
8) S130MB by outspin
9) S130MB by outspin
10) 145SD by outspin
11) S130MB by outspin
12) 145SD by outspin

Similar results to the AD145 testing, except this test resulted in a perfect 6-6 split.

Has anyone tried these specific combos, and if not..Will you? Please provide any input or suggestions.

I will make video tomorrow to back up my test results. I have it recorded but I have no time to edit it and whatnot tonight.

wow, maybe the wight distribution of AD145 helped it a lot. I will be testing it's defensive capabilities then.
I've informally tested it defensively and didn't get great results...which is why I was testing it as a stamina track.

Your formal tests will be useful regardless, though so we can be sure of it's abilities.
(Sep. 04, 2010  2:22 AM)Corey Wrote: I've informally tested it defensively and didn't get great results...which is why I was testing it as a stamina track.

Your formal tests will be useful regardless, though so we can be sure of it's abilities.

EDIT! nvm...
Hey what's S130MB?
I'm sorry for not asking this in the random questions thread, but my computer is really slow, and can't handle the massivity of that thread.
(Sep. 04, 2010  5:28 AM)felofilipino Wrote: Hey what's S130MB?
I'm sorry for not asking this in the random questions thread, but my computer is really slow, and can't handle the massivity of that thread.

I think it means Shield 130 Metal Ball, if I'm not mistaken.
(Sep. 04, 2010  6:05 AM)RayJøker Wrote: I think it means Shield 130 Metal Ball, if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, you are correct.

Shield 130 (S130) is the Track.
Metal Ball (MB) is the Bottom.

Anyway, back on topic...
I completely forgot about the testing I did for AD145 as a stamina track where it actually did very well.
Gravity perseus is turning out to have some useful parts after all then. Although I think AD145 needs more testing.
That's definitely interesting. I somehow missed that thread when you initially created it, Daegor.

It seems like AD145 could be very useful. Like I said in the OP, Videos coming later today..
What I want someone to try is MF(-H) Earth (Mold 1) Bull 145MB.
Could you possibly do that?
(Sep. 04, 2010  5:11 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: What I want someone to try is MF(-H) Earth (Mold 1) Bull 145MB.
Could you possibly do that?

I will add this to the part testing request thread if that's okay.
145 is too tall for MB...It loses balance way too easily.
125?
I think a MF would actually benfit your combo though, as they don't really reduce the spin time of Ball series tips.
I'll try it out.

Edit: Just noticed I have over 1000 posts now! Woooo.
(Sep. 04, 2010  6:39 PM)Zackyblack12 Wrote: AD145 Is useful with stamina and defense

actually, it needs to be tested further for defense.
Just briefly tested the MB combo with a metal face.

Don't have the numbers in front of me, but solo spin times were reduced, and win percentages shot down.
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:49 PM)Corey Wrote: Just briefly tested the MB combo with a metal face.

Don't have the numbers in front of me, but solo spin times were reduced, and win percentages shot down.

I guess that's due to the increased friction the extra weight gave it.
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:52 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:49 PM)Corey Wrote: Just briefly tested the MB combo with a metal face.

Yes, I know the basic physics. My post was more in reference to the post a few above yours that suggested using a 125 track and MF.
(Sep. 05, 2010  1:02 AM)Corey Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:52 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:

Yes, I know the basic physics. My post was more in reference to the post a few above yours that suggested using a 125 track and MF.

Sorry I wasn't implying that you didn't know it. I didn't mean to sound belittling.
Nah it's cool. I was just trying to reply to McFrown.

To further go into that point, though, MF makes the weight of the blade more centered, however MB is a tall bottom, so when the top starts to wobble, the MF makes it easier to tip, as there is more weight at the top of the blade.

It may prevent MB from getting knocked around quite as much, but it also reduces spin time by a noticeable margin.
Alright so I finally got around to testing this and got some interesting results. Due to the lack of my stamina bottoms, I used WD and SD, and switched them at round 10 for control.

Thermal Aquario DF145SD/WD vs Thermal Aquario AD145WD/SD
Not a bad track, it has a good win rate with a top tier combination. I will put this track in the potential competitive MFB list.