World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction (/Thread-Product-B-117-Starter-Revive-Phoenix-10-Friction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Adarsh Abhinav - May. 15, 2018

(May. 15, 2018  12:48 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 14, 2018  10:38 PM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: [Image: 4904810119074_2804e53f89af40acafc964ff9d7c04d8.jpg]
Official leak of Revive Phoenix

The outer ring is probably going to fall down and get supported by the disc, since the gap between the inner and outer parts looks to have some kind of twisting mechanism. Also, this can be backed up by the fact that Super Z is becoming obsessed with disc/frame-to-layer contact, so this would work well Destabilizer combos
Technically opposite of jinnius

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Rebel Blader - May. 15, 2018

Imo the beak of phoenix in the middle should have been golden instead of red the phoenix in the middle looks more like the that red dragon from bakugan
Also the layer looks incredibly light weight (very low no of metal pieces and thin)

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Flame~Capricorn - May. 15, 2018

(May. 15, 2018  8:43 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Imo the beak of phoenix in the middle should have been golden instead of red the phoenix in the middle looks more like the that red dragon from bakugan
Also the layer looks incredibly light weight (very low no of metal pieces and thin)

Thanks a lot. Now all i can see is neo dragonoid.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - IronFace879 - May. 15, 2018

If you look at leo burst, he has a specific channel for Japanese corocoro magazine translating. Today, you don’t need to listen, but you only need to see. The newest corocoro issue has the obvious answer. The ring legit does burst off of itself.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - May. 15, 2018

(May. 15, 2018  1:43 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: If you look at leo burst, he has a specific channel for Japanese corocoro magazine translating. Today, you don’t need to listen, but you only need to see. The newest corocoro issue has the obvious answer. The ring legit does burst off of itself.
Can you please post the link?
Edit: Never mind, got it..
What Leo Burst said is that the Beyblade actually bursts but the layer itself continues to spin.
He also adds that it is technically a burst finish. But for this beyblade it is not! It can still win cause the layer is still spinning..  it can win because  of the stamina/enegry it absorbed from its last hit 
(which led to it's burst).

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Frostic Fox - May. 15, 2018

Let's not do the hunt-for-yourself game, guys.

Here folks, just go to 1:55.

(May. 15, 2018  2:04 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(May. 15, 2018  1:43 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: If you look at leo burst, he has a specific channel for Japanese corocoro magazine translating. Today, you don’t need to listen, but you only need to see. The newest corocoro issue has the obvious answer. The ring legit does burst off of itself.
Can you please post the link?
What Leo Burst said is that the Beyblade actually bursts but the layer itself continues to spin.
He also adds that it is technically a burst finish. But for this beyblade it is not! It can still win cause the layer is still spinning..  it can win because  of the stamina/enegry it absorbed from its last hit 

I honestly don't feel Leoburst made it much clearer...haha. He made no indication that parts fly off, just that it bursts (but doesn't count as a burst) and keeps spinning, and this can cause a force to knock other Beyblades out? So does it actually burst but the way it bursts will not be counted as one by TT standards?

If I get some time, I might try to get more from the image to give us more direct words, but my Corocoro will be coming later in the week and that would be much easier on me.

But it's possible that TT is really vague here, since they said the next issue will explain it.

(May. 15, 2018  2:30 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 15, 2018  2:04 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Can you please post the link?

I honestly don't feel Leoburst made it much clearer...haha. He made no indication that parts fly off, just that it bursts (but doesn't count as a burst) and keeps spinning, and this can cause a force to knock other Beyblades out? So does it actually burst but the way it bursts will not be counted as one by TT standards?

If I get some time, I might try to get more from the image to give us more direct words, but my Corocoro will be coming later in the week and that would be much easier on me.

But it's possible that TT is really vague here, since they said the next issue will explain it.
But burst means that the parts disassemble or the parts fly off.
And he clearly stated that it is not counted as the burst finish because the layer is still spinning...
That's where the question begins, it is technically a burst finish but is not considered as one. So in the case of this beyblade, there is no chance that the opponent gets a burst finish? Will it have that much of stamina/energy to knock the other beyblade's out after absorbing the last attack power from the opponent beyblade? Will this change TT's and WBBA's rules? Or is this an exception from their ruling?
So many question, and no answers!
And, thanks for taking the effort about the corocoro comic! Will be waiting for your translation and thoughts! 
And it is also possible That TT was a little vague here and just wanted to give us a little sneak peak.
Maybe we are over thinking this and it's way to simple than what we think it might be..
Again, so many questions, but no answers!

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Sıon - May. 15, 2018

My thoughts: rP will be horrible.

I think the outer shell will have very weak teeth that will cause it to fly off to show the gimmick. However, it will fly around the stadium, amd cause the beyblade to burst itself.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - ThePheonix - May. 15, 2018

(May. 15, 2018  3:23 PM)Sıon Wrote: My thoughts: rP will be horrible.

I think the outer shell will have very weak teeth that will cause it to fly off to show the gimmick. However, it will fly around the stadium, amd cause the beyblade to burst itself.

Well now someone understands my thoughts.

Even though it's gonna be weak, it'll be BANNED in NO time cuz that layer flying off is gonna cause ruckus. They OVER THOUGHT this bey and are making unnecessary hype by early announcing and boasting( but gotta admit, the driver is in a league of it's own(at least that's what it sounds like))

(May. 15, 2018  3:27 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
Even though it's gonna be weak, it'll be BANNED in NO time cuz that layer flying off is gonna cause ruckus. They OVER THOUGHT this bey and are making unnecessary hype by early announcing and boasting( but gotta admit, the driver is in a league of it's own(at least that's what it sounds like))
Even I felt the same way! Don't know how the Committee is gonna make a decision for this one. Because it's the gimmick that's the problem not the Beyblade.
But I would just wait for the Beyblade to be released and the next issue of Corocoro to give us a little more info... and then, the Committee and the members can decide the beyblade's fate..

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - KinkoUsagi - May. 15, 2018

Competitively? Perhaps. It really depends on the execution of it all. We don't have any confirmations on how it works. Could be as simple as it "bursts" and parts become free-spinning until it bursts again, thus making it extra difficult to burst. If that's the case, as a stamina/defense Bey, it could be very good. If parts are flying everywhere, yes, it would be very difficult to control and likely will just be a fun Beyblade, but what is wrong with that? Phantom Fox MS is memorable and loved for a reason, and it's not because it's competitive (it's not).

I like when they take risks and come up with fresh, new gimmicks. I'd rather take a Phantom Fox MS, Duo Eclipse or Nightmare Longinus over a Guardian Kerbeus. When the Beyblades are unique, it makes them more "special".

Didn't see it until I could look at it more carefully. Nice spotting, IronFace879!

It doesn't explain what happens to the Beyblade itself, if the layer works ala Phantom Fox MS style or if the rest of the Beyblade stays pretty much intact. But now we know for sure that the ring flies off.

Threw together a picture that visually demonstrates what we know.

[Image: 07aiZbm.jpg]

I do notice we never really get a shot of Revive Phoenix from the side, really....all you ever see is angles just showing the top. And they could edit out anything that pokes over if they wanted to so you don't see it.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - ThePheonix - May. 15, 2018

(May. 15, 2018  3:42 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote:

Competitively? Perhaps. It really depends on the execution of it all. We don't have any confirmations on how it works. Could be as simple as it "bursts" and parts become free-spinning until it bursts again, thus making it extra difficult to burst. If that's the case, as a stamina/defense Bey, it could be very good. If parts are flying everywhere, yes, it would be very difficult to control and likely will just be a fun Beyblade, but what is wrong with that? Phantom Fox MS is memorable and loved for a reason, and it's not because it's competitive (it's not).

I like when they take risks and come up with fresh, new gimmicks. I'd rather take a Phantom Fox MS, Duo Eclipse or Nightmare Longinus over a Guardian Kerbeus. When the Beyblades are unique, it makes them more "special".
I completely agree but the difference here is that nL is SUPER good and dE was designed by a random kid and that's just how kids work(it's decent). And from what it looks like now, rP isn't that way...

(May. 15, 2018  4:33 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 15, 2018  3:42 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: Competitively? Perhaps. It really depends on the execution of it all. We don't have any confirmations on how it works. Could be as simple as it "bursts" and parts become free-spinning until it bursts again, thus making it extra difficult to burst. If that's the case, as a stamina/defense Bey, it could be very good. If parts are flying everywhere, yes, it would be very difficult to control and likely will just be a fun Beyblade, but what is wrong with that? Phantom Fox MS is memorable and loved for a reason, and it's not because it's competitive (it's not).

I completely agree but the difference here is that nL is SUPER good and dE was designed by a random kid and that's just how kids work(it's decent). And from what it looks like now, rP isn't that way...

I'd say the difference is just people having different tastes. It's just a difference of opinions.

Some people like it, some people don't. Nothing new with that for anything. There's always different opinions, and that's part of what makes the world interesting. If we were all the same, it'd be no fun.

I look forward to this Beyblade no matter how it is competitively because I think it looks cool and the gimmick seems rather interesting, but some people are going to disagree, and that's fine.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - KnightPro - May. 15, 2018

I agree!! The competitive scene can kinda get a LITTLE annoying at times and people don't realize not every bey is gonna be competitive, I've always LOVED gimmicky beyblades those are my favorites.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Jinbee - May. 15, 2018

I'm always up for something interesting and cool, while at times like when there are useful parts. Seeing as I don't go to tournaments, it might be why I always loved the aesthetic and gimmicky qualities of some beyblades rather than it's usefulness, though I can always settle with something simpler.

My love for new ideas and gimmicks is why I'm worried Friction could be another Orbit variant, depending on if the ball is free spinning of course.

(May. 15, 2018  4:26 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Didn't see it until I could look at it more carefully. Nice spotting, IronFace879!

It doesn't explain what happens to the Beyblade itself, if the layer works ala Phantom Fox MS style or if the rest of the Beyblade stays pretty much intact. But now we know for sure that the ring flies off.

Threw together a picture that visually demonstrates what we know.

[Image: 07aiZbm.jpg]

I do notice we never really get a shot of Revive Phoenix from the side, really....all you ever see is angles just showing the top. And they could edit out anything that pokes over if they wanted to so you don't see it.
I actually do believe you! You might be right! If this is how it turns out then it will an amazing gimmick..

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Siⱺn - May. 16, 2018

If the gimmick works well and it isn't a suicide bey, Putting bets on that rP 7R Jl will be the combo to beat.

The fast motion of the bey might be able to avoid the flying ring and give the beyblade a more compact shape and second chance.

And I could imagine a purge of orbit-style drivers if Fr happens to be one. It's annoying seeing so many of them spamming the meta for defense and stamina.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MissingNo. - May. 16, 2018

Phantom Fox MS is that you ?

Seriously though, I haven't checked the latest releases in months, and I randomly click on one and it's another copy, hahaha.

So what will happen with Revove Phoenix - Cam77 - May. 16, 2018

So I’ve been wondering for awhile... if someone uses Revive Phoenix and the outer layer bursts off, will we count it as a burst finish? The reason why I’m  thinking this is because if we don’t revive  pheonix’s outer layer will be affecting the play. What do you guys think?

RE: So what will happen with Revove Phoenix - Frostic Fox - May. 16, 2018

I think the best thing to do is wait and see how it actually plays out. Even if we do have an idea of how it works, it's still a vague idea at best. The Beyblade doesn't come out until July.

Clearly, Takara-Tomy doesn't consider it a burst finish to some extent (depending on how it actually works, I imagine) but I think whether the WBO committee decides to or not will depend on how it works out.

But it's far too early to know. You can guess until you're blue in the face, but until the facts come out, it's still a guess at best. So to me at least, I think it's early, but people are free to discuss as they wish. I'm not stopping you or anything.

For what it's worth, here's what the rules for Plastics say for Phantom Fox MS:
Quote:Bunshin Core (Phantom Fox MS)
If one part of the Beyblade using Bunshin Core stops spinning but the other continues to, the stopped piece must be left alone. The standard rules for touching the BeyStadium or a Beyblade during a round still apply.

The second part there wasn't considered interference after stopping. Even though it'd be in the way.

This is Phantom Fox MS in action:

I actually can't help but wonder if Revive Phoenix will work very similarly, as we have only gotten top shots of the Beyblade, never a real side view.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Kei - May. 16, 2018

Merged your thread into this one @[Cam77]. Let's use the main product threads instead of making new topics for things like this.

If Revive Phoenix is indeed like Phantom Fox MS, our ruling will likely be the same as what it is for Phantom Fox MS. Of course, we have to see how it actually works first though.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - TechnicalBlader - May. 16, 2018

If the outer layer really "bursts" then I expect it will fly out from the layer due to the momentum of the spinning bey since the parts would have been moving with the layer before seperating so momentum is conserved.
And since it's a TT stadium the parts will probably zoom out of the stadium or hit opponents and if we add this to the resulting fiery transformation it will look really cool and would explain the excessive TT hype. (Who knows this could the first blueprints for burst's succcesor and we could have multiple transformations)

Update: I've only just realised but if and when the outer layer falls apart, the bey will lose significant weight and hence speed up(increased rotational speed) and this coupled with the colour change would mean RevivePhoenix will literally light up!!! meta-breaking or not every blader will probably want this so TT better make enough.

The outer ring falling down will trap phoenix so I believe there could be a ridge underneath preventing it from falling and it will instead fly out through the top.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - CitrusNinja3 - May. 16, 2018

(May. 16, 2018  1:56 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: If the gimmick works well and it isn't a suicide bey, Putting bets on that rP 7R Jl will be the combo to beat.

The fast motion of the bey might be able to avoid the flying ring and give the beyblade a more compact shape and second chance.

And I could imagine a purge of orbit-style drivers if Fr happens to be one. It's annoying seeing so many of them spamming the meta for defense and stamina.

With the reduced recoil from the moving contact points on top of the fact that Burst Beys ALREADY absorb attacks with their bursting mechanisms (hence the lack of knockouts when compared to super-glued versions) this thing would work best at Defense, double absorbing impacts until the outer layer bursts off. I believe that Revive Phoenix 13Glaive Friction/Atomic would be a better choice (13 so that is can displace itself well without getting knocked out)

(May. 16, 2018  5:02 AM)Kei Wrote: Merged your thread into this one @[Cam77]. Let's use the main product threads instead of making new topics for things like this.

If Revive Phoenix is indeed like Phantom Fox MS, our ruling will likely be the same as what it is for Phantom Fox MS. Of course, we have to see how it actually works first though.

That's what I thought would happen, since people can't be reaching their hands in the stadium for the part and start cheating by bursting their opponents...

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Dracomageat - May. 17, 2018

(May. 16, 2018  7:50 PM)TechnicalBlader Wrote: Update: I've only just realised but if and when the outer layer falls apart, the bey will lose significant weight and hence speed up(increased rotational speed) and this coupled with the colour change would mean RevivePhoenix will literally light up!!! meta-breaking or not every blader will probably want this so TT better make enough.

Sadly, no. Normally this would occur if a beyblade somehow lost weight mid-spin but, since the part that's lost comes flying off, momentum is also lost when the beyblade bursts, which would result in a roughly consistent spin speed throughout.