World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction (/Thread-Product-B-117-Starter-Revive-Phoenix-10-Friction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - sonyat - Jul. 12, 2018

Is anyone else finding rP's performance underwhelming? Underwhelming might be the wrong word, though, partially due to the massive hype. My rP's armour comes off if I so much as blink in its direction, haha. I'm waiting on my other copies to arrive to find out if this is intended or not.

It's still early days given I haven't had much time to test, but it's not the unstoppable beast it was hyped up to be, stock combo or no. aH, hS, and eF have no issues either matching it or more often taking it down when all tested on the same combos. Wins seem to hinge on the armour bursting to bolster its balance (waiting on my LCs to see if they improve this aspect). It's certainly not bad by any means and the gimmick is pretty fun when I'm not annoyed by the armour's inability to stay in place during set up.

I can't see the rP layer getting banned at all. 10 and Friction are holding my interest more at the moment. Great bey, fairly solid, just not some monster waiting on a ban, which is probably a good thing. I'm still enough of a rookie that I can't reliably say too much on that yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - 7sukuyomi - Jul. 13, 2018

I think that it's a good bet tho there r other better beys than it. .

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Hellibleri - Jul. 13, 2018

(Jul. 12, 2018  5:20 AM)sonyat Wrote: My rP's armour comes off if I so much as blink in its direction, haha. I'm waiting on my other copies to arrive to find out if this is intended or not.

It's certainly not bad by any means and the gimmick is pretty fun when I'm not annoyed by the armour's inability to stay in place during set up.

Try to keep the bey one click away from being fully locked in and put the revive armour on, then click the armour with the click.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - RedPanda2 - Jul. 13, 2018

im still figuring out rP, but man am i impressed with friction as a defense driver with high stamina.
it exceeds my modest expectations for it

try it in any place you'd use atomic, in some cases the results may surprise you
very interesting driver for cho z.

also as jinbee thought, wedge is nearly immune to popped revive armor on the stadium floor

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - sonyat - Jul. 13, 2018

(Jul. 13, 2018  12:37 PM)Hellibleri Wrote: Try to keep the bey one click away from being fully locked in and put the revive armour on, then click the armour with the click.

Thanks for the tip! Worked like a charm! Grin

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - team CYAN - Jul. 14, 2018

So .... friction is really good eh? Cause I really wanna see how it works in other layers like forneus and such

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Battleburst - Jul. 14, 2018

(Jul. 14, 2018  7:01 AM)team CYAN Wrote: So .... friction is really good eh? Cause I really wanna see how it works in other layers like forneus and such
Also I want to see how it works on hell salamander.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - marutti - Jul. 14, 2018

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Dutchems - Jul. 15, 2018

From how it looked in pictures I thought friction would be a stationary ball, kinda like the driver with the metal ball at the bottom that doesn't move. Now that I know it's free spinning like atomic I'm super excited for my rP to arrive.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Sinchan Ghosh - Jul. 15, 2018

Dang.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Adarsh Abhinav - Jul. 15, 2018

(Jul. 15, 2018  4:05 PM)Sinchan Ghosh Wrote: Dang.

Avoid One worded posts bro

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - GOD CHIPS - Jul. 15, 2018

HOW many versions do RP have ? ( I could only find 4 i.e The original , The silver , The black , The blue )

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - Jul. 15, 2018

(Jul. 15, 2018  4:19 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: HOW many versions do RP have ? ( I could only find 4 i.e The original , The silver , The black , The blue )
That's all.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - KnightPro - Jul. 15, 2018

(Jul. 15, 2018  3:44 PM)Dutchems Wrote: From how it looked in pictures I thought friction would be a stationary ball, kinda like the driver with the metal ball at the bottom that doesn't move. Now that I know it's free spinning like atomic I'm super excited for my rP to arrive.

Umm, It's not free spinning Friction is stationary

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Dutchems - Jul. 15, 2018

Damn I thought it spun oh well.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Hellibleri - Jul. 15, 2018

(Jul. 15, 2018  5:47 PM)Dutchems Wrote: Damn I thought it spun oh well.

Don’t worry. The polyoxymethylene doesn’t matter for friction.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - LazerBeamz - Jul. 15, 2018

After a fair bit of testing, I think the 10 disk is on par with 7 and 0. Revolve is also a great drive to use with Revive Phoenix. Revive Phoenix 10 Glaive Revolve is definitely a great combo to try out guys.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - iiggoor - Jul. 20, 2018

Looks like layer's frame will be broken easily.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Grey Bey - Jul. 20, 2018

(Jul. 20, 2018  12:13 AM)iiggoor Wrote: Looks like layer's frame will be broken easily.

yeah,I think this too,it's VERY thin.

After few days of occasional play only, I'm very close to placing Phoenix in "No Use" box, together with D2.
Surprised there are not tons of photos with broken frames around, already.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - Jul. 20, 2018

(Jul. 20, 2018  1:00 PM)iiggoor Wrote: After few days of occasional play only, I'm very close to placing Phoenix in "No Use" box, together with D2.
Surprised there are not tons of photos with broken frames around, already.
Didn't expect this to happen to rP to be honest. But a question, did your rP frame break?

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - GOD CHIPS - Jul. 20, 2018

(Jul. 15, 2018  4:51 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2018  4:19 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: HOW many versions do RP have ? ( I could only find 4 i.e The original , The silver , The black , The blue )
That's all.

Actually , there is 'gold' variation too ..

(Jul. 20, 2018  2:40 PM)Suhasini Wrote: … But a question, did your rP frame break?

No. Just afraid of that.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - sonyat - Jul. 20, 2018

Hmm, after reading this, I opened another rP to test, and yep there seems to be some sort of mould issue/difference.

My first rP has somewhat brittle armour with slight give that I could see leading to a potential break, along with the loose armour not clicking into place very well despite excellent advice from this thread. The second, however, is not brittle, has no give when pressure is applied, and the armour clicks in tightly and stays on with no problems. The teeth are significantly tighter, too. Now I understand why those who got a better quality rP might still be calling the layer OP.

Quite an unfortunate discovery. :/ I'll start stress testing the both of them to get conclusive results on the differences. Second rP's armour burst six times out of the ten quick rounds I just did, while first rP's armour burst nine out of ten, versus each other. I'll update with more findings.

Alright, preliminary testing wasn't bad at all. Close to two hours of heavy testing and the "loose" rP shows no signs of breakage. Both look pretty good, actually—just a couple light scrapes I have to look at closely in good lighting to see. Normal wear and tear. I'll likely keep testing and doing some for fun, but I don't think the Revive Armour is going to break on either. Ultimately time and experience from others will tell whether a serious breakage issue is in the works or not.

I'll refer to the Revive Phoenixes as "tight" and "loose" for clarity's sake. Some of these combos are obviously not good for competitive play and were done merely for fun and personal testing reasons. These were done without level chips. I may redo all of this when I get them next week.

• rP.10.Fr: Tight rP's armour burst 2/10 times, loose rP's armour burst 9/10 times. Tight rP won 8/10 matches. All spin finishes.
  • rP.10C.Fr: Tight rP's armour burst 5/10 times, loose rP's burst 9/10 times. Tight rP won 7/10 matches. All spin finishes. No clue why adding this frame caused the armour burst rate to go up so much. An aside: Cross balances 10's shape and is beastly.
  • rP.10B.Fr: Tight rP's armour burst 4/10 times, loose rP's burst 8/10 times. Tight rP won 8/10 matches. 9 spin finishes, 1 stadium out (over finish?).
  • rP.10B:Ds: Tight rP's armour burst 6/10 times, loose rP's burst 8/10 times. They tied at 5 matches each. 8 spin finishes, 2 over finishes. 
  • rP.0B.Ds: Tight rP's armour burst 5/10 times, loose rP's burst 9/10 times. Another tie at 5 matches each. All spin finishes.
  • rP.7/7B.Ds: Same results as above. 8 spin finishes, 2 over finishes.
  • rP.7/7B.X: Tight rP's armour burst 8/10 times, loose rP's burst 9/10 times. Loose rP won 7/10 matches. 7 spin finishes, 3 over finishes. Xtreme was a "for fun" choice and ended up being the great equalizer, haha. Also used 10/10B and results proved similar, but both beys fully burst each other twice simultaneously.
  • rP.7.Jl: Tight rP's armour burst 9/10 times, loose rP's burst 10/10 times. Tight rP won 6/10 matches by a hair. 5 spin finishes, 3 over finishes, and 2 burst finishes. Lots of draws here involving full bursts and over finishes, tbh.
  • rP.10B/C.O: Tight rP's armour burst 4/10 times, loose rP's burst 7/10 times. Tied at 5 matches each. All spin finishes.
  • rP.0B/C.O: While not identical, results almost exact to previous combo.
  • rP.0B/C.R: Tight rP's armour burst 5/10 times, loose rP's burst 6/10 times. Loose rP won 6/10 matches. All spin finishes.
  • rP.0B/C.Et: Tight rP's armour burst 7/10 times, loose rP's burst 9/10 times. Loose rP won 6/10 matches. All spin finishes.
  • rP.10B/C.Et: Armour burst rate same as above. Tied at 5 matches each. 8 spin finishes, 1 burst finish, 1 over finish. Revive Phoenix is a legit monster on Eternal, my god. Not sure why Et gets called bad, though it may be that I haven't had my Revolves as long to compare properly.
  • rP.10B/C.At: Tight rP's armour burst 5/10 times, loose rP's burst 8/10 times. Tight rP won 6/10 matches, extremely close. 9 spin finishes, 1 hilarious over finish.
  • rP.0B/C.At: Results very similar to previous combo.
  • rP.0B/C/10B/C.Br: I only own one Bearing so this was basically out of interest. Armour burst rate on either wasn't radical, but both beys only fully burst a total of 3 times out of 20 matches against all of the above. LAD was godly. That's... pretty wild, and a solid case as to why I'll need to buy more than one of the new Triple Booster Set, RIP wallet.
I did some other combos with 7 disc variations, but found they weren't really worth noting. It's interesting how much frames seem to influence Revive Armour's burst rate. My verdict for this round of testing is obviously tight Revive Phoenix, haha. Keep in mind this is only Revive Phoenix vs Revive Phoenix. Its teeth are great on both versions IMO, but it's still not unstoppable versus other beys as I noted earlier in the thread. I don't think a loose armour rP is automatically doomed to fail. In fact, it serves it well when it goes off balance and will take the win 90% of the time if the opposing rP's armour doesn't burst as well to counterbalance. This may or may not change with the addition of LCs.

That's about it until I get some new parts in the mail. If you have any requests, feel free!

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MagikHorse - Jul. 20, 2018

I just got my rP today, and just seeing the above post made me look all over for a mold marking, but sadly none are present on mine. Kind of wish there was for easier identification if there are actually significant mold differences.

I did discover that the last tooth on mine is pretty finnicky, and putting on the armor after tightening the main layer can cause it to loosen slightly (sort of half a click?). I've had to work around this by twisting the driver itself to make sure everything stays together as it should.