World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion (/Thread-Scythe-Metal-Fury-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2

Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Imperial - Aug. 06, 2012

Here are some pictures in case you do not know how the Hasbro Scythe is different from the TT one.

Scythe Bottom (Click to View)
Scythe Top (Click to View)

Primal's tests (Click to View)

Whtdrgn's tests (Click to View)

Feel free to post your tests as well!

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - [Pyro] - Aug. 06, 2012

So, you're affirming the fact that this Scythe mold is total carp?

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 06, 2012

So it sucks as much as the TT one. Also it would obviously win against Death which is a defence wheel.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Kai-V - Aug. 06, 2012

(Aug. 06, 2012  8:41 PM)Ultra Wrote: So it sucks as much as the TT one. Also it would obviously win against Death which is a defence wheel.

As bad or worse than the TAKARA-TOMY one : that is what we need to know.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Aug. 06, 2012

Actually, i believe that Death is actually better than the TT Scythe for Stamina, i think it was discussed over in the Advanced Forum; MFB Competitive Combos thread. Imperial, do you not have the TT Scythe? We need the Hasbro Scythe to be tested against the TT Scythe, to confirm which is better.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 06, 2012

I very much doubt it's better. It's purely a defence/balance MW. I've never seen it win against stamina. Also just because it was discussed doesn't make it true. I don't think it's ever been in the stamina section of the OP of that thread while Scythe has.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Imperial - Aug. 06, 2012

(Aug. 06, 2012  8:32 PM)[Pyro] Wrote: So, you're affirming the fact that this Scythe mold is total carp?

No, of course not.

Perhaps everyone should remember that TT Scythe doesn't fare so well against Duo and Phantom as well.

@BHK Sorry I don't own TT Scythe.

(Aug. 06, 2012  8:53 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've never seen it win against stamina. Also just because it was discussed doesn't make it true.

No but tests do.
If people looked at just these tests and mine they would assume Hasbro version is better than TT's, but we need more back up tests and tests against TT Scythe.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - SoulEater57 - Aug. 06, 2012

What about the Scythe Uranus (hehe) 85RS defense combo? TT is obviously better.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - BEYDEXTER - Aug. 07, 2012

How much does this wheel weight
I am expecting it around 35g

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Primal - Aug. 11, 2012

I can do some testing if need be. Though, from Imperial's tests, it doesn't seem like it has a chance against anything competitve...

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Raigeko13 - Aug. 11, 2012

Instead of already proving what we do know (it doesn't stand a chance against the current meta) we should look into doing comparative tests against top tiers at the time Scythe was released.
Could you try MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Aquario 230CS against say, Scythe Leone AD145WD? You can switch CWs on Basalt if you don't have those. Thanks Grin

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Pony - Aug. 11, 2012

The Hasbro mold appears to be, once again, a piece of carp compared to even TT's scythe. I might be able to do some tests to prove this. I'll try to get a Hasbro Kronos and put it against a TT Kronos to test.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Imperial - Aug. 11, 2012

(Aug. 11, 2012  12:58 AM)Primal Wrote: I can do some testing if need be. Though, from Imperial's tests, it doesn't seem like it has a chance against anything competitve...

If you have TT Scythe, comparative tests would be good.

Rai I can probably do those sometime.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - BillyBlast - Aug. 12, 2012

From these Results Scythe waswn't hprrible a failure I can vouch for Death's Stamina it can sometimes Grind a Duo To death A Death BGrin almost beat my Duo230D well Scythe Might be better or worse but it's nothing to change the meta...

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Tri - Aug. 12, 2012

I think some attack tests should be done with Scythe on lower tracks so that where the PC frame used to be, could possibly deal some smash attack, just maybe. I would test but don't have a proper stadium.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Imperial - Aug. 13, 2012

Ok, I did the tests Rai requested.

MF-H Scythe Kronos AD145WD Vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS

Scythe: (10%)
(2 KOs)

Basalt: 90%
(7 KOs, 11 OS)

It didn't have much of a chance. If Basalt didn't KO Scythe, it would just destabilize it and OS it.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Primal - Aug. 13, 2012

I did those tests as well (but with MF-L on Basalt, for lack of MF-H) and forgot to post them, haha.

Scythe Kronos AD145WD vs MF-L Basalt Aquario 230CS
Standard Procedure
Scythe: 3 wins (all KO)
Basalt: 17 wins (4 KO, 13 OS)
Scythe win %: 15%

Yeah, not too good lol.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Hero II - Aug. 17, 2012

Great, it looks like Hasbro added recoil galore because of all the gaps in the MW, just great! Tired

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Sayak Blader - Aug. 19, 2012

So hasbro scythe can be a nice destabalizer and attacker like ive gussed.i wonder how that proto nemesis ad145 d will work.but ya lets test its attack and destabalizing power.do we?
Hasbro duo may be better.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 20, 2012

(Aug. 19, 2012  7:17 PM)Sayak Blader Wrote: So hasbro scythe can be a nice destabalizer and attacker like ive gussed.i wonder how that proto nemesis ad145 d will work.but ya lets test its attack and destabalizing power.do we?
Hasbro duo may be better.

Uh it's round with no contact point on it so I kind of doubt that. However it doesn't hurt to try.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - th!nk - Aug. 20, 2012

Has no one seriously been able to test it against the original yet?

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 20, 2012

(Aug. 20, 2012  4:16 PM)th!nk Wrote: Has no one seriously been able to test it against the original yet?

I found this video of the two going against each other. Pretty much shows what everyone expected.

http://youtu.be/WXHC4S6jTuc

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Ickle - Aug. 22, 2012

Could you test Scythe AD145WD against Hell Kerbecs BD145WD? It might be able to do good for the Hasbro metagame and we won't have to keep recommending Hades Kerbecs and Twisted Tempo. :p

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - KainHighwind - Sep. 12, 2012

Scythe Kronos AD145WD vs. Hades Kerbecs BD145(boost mode)WD
BB-10
Beylauncher, Beylauncher L/R
WD's swapped half way through, and both are almost brand new.
Scythe launched first on odd, Hades on even
SK - 7 wins (5 OS, 2 KO)
HK - 13 wins (11 OS, 2 KO)
1 Tie that was redone
SK win % = 35%

The only real reason Hades would OS Scythe is because when Hades would start to wobble, Scythe would get caught underneath Hades. Even though their tracks are the same height, Scythe over hangs the track so much it sat lower than Hades. If Scythe was on any taller track I believe it would have had a much better win percentage. I know Hades came out on top here, but I believe, at the very least, that these two are evenly matched.

Also, Scythe's 2 KOs were very solid, and it only took one hit to KO Hades. Both Hades's KOs came from a quick double tap when Scythe was near an exit. This is probably just due to Scythe having a bit more recoil than Hades. Scythe is freakishly good at hanging on to the tornado ridge (and edge of the stadium) when Hades would try to KO it. It should also be noted that Scythe has some decent natural LAD, because it is almost perfectly round. It would spin for a longer than average time after it fell over.

Going forward....I am going to do some tests with Sycthe on 230 to see if I am correct about the height. I also want to do some tests against some left spin opponents, because Scythe's underside edge reminds me a lot of Death's, and I believe that is one of the things that makes Death so good against left spin.

RE: Scythe (Hasbro) Discussion - Cosmic - Sep. 12, 2012

could someone do Scythe Kronos 85RS becasue i heard that beyblade if you use TT scyhte kronos is a very hard beyblade to stadium out. soo can someone try the HASBRO Scythe Kronos 85RS vs Flash Orion 100R2F? and the Scythe Kronos Hasbro beyblade sounds very bad. i wonder if its worse than the hasbro blitz striker... jeez...