World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Organized-Play-Random-Thoughts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Angry Face - Sep. 03, 2015

Meant to post this a little while ago, but I printed a couple of these out at Staples, stuck them in some tags, and gave them to TitanTactic7 and IOnlyUseQuake to wear at the event I held in August.

[Image: BW3d0Aw.jpg]

Dimensions in case anyone's interested:
106mm x 79mm
or
4.06 in. x 3.12 in.

I knew the dimensions in mm when I got to Staples, but I didn't anticipate they'd only accept inches, so I had to estimate the card's dimensions in inches hurriedly (luckily I got it right, ha ha).

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Leone19 - Sep. 03, 2015

Ok, I'm probably going to host this month after my venue being closed for the summer and I do have a question for anyone who has hosted or played (officially) with Burst:

Are there any suggestions or just some notes for hosting the format or is it just the same as hosting an MFB-style event?

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 03, 2015

The Burst-and-KO Draw is gonna come up a lot, so be sure you know how to call that. Wink

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 03, 2015

(Sep. 03, 2015  12:22 AM)LMAO Wrote: @[Wombat] I was the one who processed it, but since we did not get the results for Before the Burst at the time, I had no idea Sniper played in the tournament. I checked a few other NC events, but it didn't look like he participated in them. I'll have to go ahead and delete the two recent New York tournaments, and it'll be up to date after I process Before the Burst, however I'm still not sure if we even got the Before the Burst results yet, but when we do I'll process it, and then the New York tournaments.

Sorry about that, and thanks for spotting it!

No worries man. I'd like to make it clear that LMAO took it upon himself to jump into tournament processing — the Committee's most grueling, least-rewarding job that I don't know how to do — immediately after joining us. He's a rockstar and I hope you guys appreciate his work as much as we do.

(Sep. 03, 2015  1:21 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Meant to post this a little while ago, but I printed a couple of these out at Staples, stuck them in some tags, and gave them to TitanTactic7 and IOnlyUseQuake to wear at the event I held in August.

[Image: BW3d0Aw.jpg]

Dimensions in case anyone's interested:
106mm x 79mm
or
4.06 in. x 3.12 in.

I knew the dimensions in mm when I got to Staples, but I didn't anticipate they'd only accept inches, so I had to estimate the card's dimensions in inches hurriedly (luckily I got it right, ha ha).

Hey — just to be clear, we're cool with local comms doing stuff like this. But I also hope we'll be able to introduced something standardized soon.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - TimeOut - Sep. 03, 2015

@[LMAO] @[Wombat] everything needed for processing from before the burst has definitely been submitted. The reason it hasn't been processed is because we're waiting on dark_mousy to submit the colosseum 2 results because geetster99, OnTheDL and I think a couple of others participated in it.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Wombat - Sep. 03, 2015

@[LMAO] I really appreciate all the work you've been putting in on processing especially just after joining the Committee. I was really interested in processing and the BP System during the summer but after hearing how grueling it is and not having tons of time anymore maybe I'm not so interested. Again, sorry if you have to redo all the NY work you just did.

The only one for points as of now is the Zero-G tournament, but because of overlap between players (geetster99, OnTheDL, and Sniper) Beyblade Colosseum 2 and the Colosseum Aftermath tournaments must be processed before it. After that come the Magic's Birthday Bash tournaments unless there was some other MD/NY overlap in between those that I'm not aware of.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - LMAO - Sep. 03, 2015

Thank you!

I'm glad that you caught that earlier on, otherwise I might have processed more tournaments and would have had to delete even more then what I have to do now. Processing isn't very hard, it's just a little time consuming haha

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - TimeOut - Sep. 05, 2015

Is TBR not being processed in the Team Standings for one reason or another?

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Wombat - Sep. 20, 2015

So after Before the Burst was processed (thx LMAO <3) I can officially say I've broken 1,500 points and made it to Rank #27, which is the highest rank/points I've ever had. I'm also on the second page, and it looks like several of the top MD Bladers are holding on to their front page spots.

I'll be totally honest here, I think that I'm over-ranked, at least according to the current BeyPoint system. If you look at some of the other names around me, they're all top-class Bladers who consistently place in (if they don't win) tournaments and have way better winrates than me. Basically they're all a good several cuts above me. The only reason I'm up there is because I've only ever played in NC, Toronto, and MD, which are all areas with concentrated highly ranked players, and the few times I get lucky enough to win against them afford me way more points than I lose the multiple times I lose to them. It makes me seem like I'm really good at Beyblade when I'm actually not lol.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - The Supreme One - Oct. 20, 2015

I've been checking the WBO Facebook page periodically and just want to say that I really am impressed with the level of enthusiasm and tournament activity in Toronto. Props to all you organizers for keeping the Beyspirit alive through the transition to the new generation!

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Thunder Dome - Nov. 08, 2015

So what's the deal with burst and the beypoints system? I have noticed many burst events have happened already but nothing has been done with the points.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Nov. 08, 2015

We'd been discussing internally how to handle it, and essentially we have to update our ranking plugin to have a whole new score for Burst. It's going to take us a bit of time, but everything will be processed. We'll let you know as soon as we have news.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - FIREFIRE CPB - Nov. 14, 2015

Anyone here can tell me is it OK to repair broken stadium with glue or something. I found a new method.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Nov. 21, 2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LrBVh6UViks2sdRTBWsRAG66K6Fdd1iD4v168G-owvM/edit?usp=sharing

So, I've been keeping note of my tournament records ever since the first event I attended. Earlier this year, I had put those scores into the spreadsheet above along with other information about the tournaments I played in. Here are the overall records I've had from each year I've played.

2013: 25W / 36L (Modern Bey Fair to DIR EN BEY) Getting used to the competitive metagame.
2014: 57W / 57L (A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth to FROZEN BEYS) More familiar with the game, far more knowledge.
2015: (so far): 90W / 51L (MARCH BEYHEM to DEUX.5) Good amount of knowledge, 7 placings.

So yeah, tl;dr, one really can improve hahahaha. While I had a far better record this year than in others, there are still times where I don't do so great. Heck, I recently went 3 wins, 6 losses at DIR EN BEY: D E U X.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Nov. 21, 2015

Wow, really cool Mitsu Grin Congrats on the improvement!

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Wombat - Dec. 11, 2015

(Nov. 21, 2015  8:57 PM)Mitsu Wrote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LrBVh6UViks2sdRTBWsRAG66K6Fdd1iD4v168G-owvM/edit?usp=sharing

So, I've been keeping note of my tournament records ever since the first event I attended. Earlier this year, I had put those scores into the spreadsheet above along with other information about the tournaments I played in. Here are the overall records I've had from each year I've played.

2013: 25W / 36L (Modern Bey Fair to DIR EN BEY) Getting used to the competitive metagame.
2014: 57W / 57L (A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth to FROZEN BEYS) More familiar with the game, far more knowledge.
2015: (so far): 90W / 51L (MARCH BEYHEM to DEUX.5) Good amount of knowledge, 7 placings.

So yeah, tl;dr, one really can improve hahahaha. While I had a far better record this year than in others, there are still times where I don't do so great. Heck, I recently went 3 wins, 6 losses at DIR EN BEY: D E U X.

I don't suppose you've been keeping track of your combos/matchups, have you? After seeing this I went through my own records and did the same thing.

2012: 10W/13L (BeyDays: Day of Champions to Blades of Summer) Lost to a stock Thief Phoenic at first, but eventually fell into my "place" by the last tournament.
2013: 9W/5L (BEYBLADE COLOSSEUM to Crush of the G-Force) Despite the lower amount of wins, I definitely improved since 2012, placing for the first time and tying for 5th out of 48 people in Colosseum.
2014: 28W/16L (Raleigh - Revival to Return of the Plastics) Did great in Plastics, good in Limited, and bad in Standard.
2015: 28W/20L (NC BeyBattle Revolution to Before the Burst) Although I didn't improve from 2014, this was definitely the year I faced the toughest competition.

Also, I'll kick off the photo sharing for the Scavenger Hunt. I don't know if it's enough to be considered an "album" but here are some AN photos.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - xVaretyr - Dec. 13, 2015

My attempt at the tournament report challenge for our Scavenger Hunt 2015. I'm hoping this would count even though I haven't participated in the tournament personally. I've also tried writing an article about it on the Beywiki but I got lost in the Entrants Table, so I decided to write it as a report instead. If anyone who's adept at writing articles on Beywiki wishes to use this, please cite my work as a reference (for professionalism and perhaps for scavenger points, haha). Smile

WBO: Hato’s Birthday Bash 2015
Series: MFB Limited Format
Participant Count: 13
Prize: Gold Face, Silver Face, Bronze Face
Champion: u wot m8
Runner-up: 1st – JesseObre
2nd – Kei
3rd – BAWB18
Length: 46 battles

Hato’s Birthday Bash 2015 (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) is a tournament organized and hosted by Mitsu and LMAO to celebrate Hato’s birthday. It was held at High Park on the 13th of September, 2015. It is the 99th Toronto tournament of the World Beyblade Organization.

Entry Requirements:
6$ entry fee for non-passport holders
12$ (inclusive of WBO Blader Passport) entry fee for non-passport holders
FREE admission for passport holders

Entrants:
1) Mitsu
2) 1234beyblade
3) Wally.web
4) JesseObre
5) BAWB18
6) U wot m8
7) LMAO
8) Kei
9) Hato
10) Sami01
11) Suntailhawk
12) Rocketeer
13) pyrus10000

Results and Winning Combinations:

Champion: u wot m8 (8-3)
Winning combinations: MF Duo Cancer 230 CS | MF Lightning L-Drago CH120 RB | MF Earth Cancer 100 WD | MF Scythe Gemios CH120 RSF

1st runner-up: JesseObre (8-3)
Winning combinations: Dark Knight Girago 85 RF | MF-F Duo Aquario SW145 EWD | MF-M Earth Cygnus TH170 D | MF-H L-Drago Guardian F230 GCF | MF-H Earth Cygnus 85 CS | MF Scythe Cygnus CH120 RB

2nd runner-up: Kei (7-4)
Winning combinations: MF-H Jade Aquario CH120 RB | MF-H Earth Cygnus 105 CS | MF-H Earth Cygnus 85 CS | MF-L Scythe Virgo D125 MF | MF Duo Cygnus BGrin

How the finals went:
4 bladers remained – Kei, BAWB18, u wot m8, and JesseObre.

Kei beats BAWB18
U wot m8 beats JesseObre
JesseObre beats BAWB18
Kei beats u wot m8
U wot m8 beats BAWB18 – BAWB18 takes 4th place
JesseObre beats Kei

Kei, u wot m8, JesseObre all have 2 wins apiece. The tournament had to go to a threeway finals tiebreaker. First to two wins becomes the champion.

U wot m8 beats JesseObre
JesseObre beats Kei
U wot m8 beats Kei – U wot m8 takes the championship
JesseObre takes 2nd place (1-1 in the finals tiebreaker), Kei takes 3rd place (0-2 in the finals tiebreaker)

-xVaretyr

References:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-Ontario-9-13-15-Hato-s-Birthday-Bash--70984?page=3
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hS7avQx1DfQxc4pQdT7m3xbh5hfb_P4gXOlIiZ3z2XA/edit#gid=175199873

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Dec. 13, 2015

Ah OK, so this is for Beyblade Wiki ? It is a good skeleton, but since you were not actually present at that tournament, it really shows that you do not know what the atmosphere of the event was, how each person's journey went, etc. There are some pieces of information that you could have taken from the tournament thread itself but that you did not mention, such as that this event was one of the first to experience the ban of Libra and Omega.

You can refer to Wombat's draft posted in the Beywiki Project forum (where your draft should also be posted) to know what a great tournament article should look like, but we also do not expect to see that amount of detail in all event articles.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - xVaretyr - Dec. 13, 2015

I see, thanks Kai-V. I've posted a draft already.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Dec. 14, 2015

TheWhiteTiger's Birthday Bash!!! (STD) (Ruston, LA) (5/24/14)

Me and Echizen/ TWT had been playing this since february, since 4 people were commuting from hours away.

Of course, DRAGON PRINCE and I got there last. The tournament goers (13 people in all, great turnout) had already grabbed a bench and whole pavilion to play under. We started out round robin as soon as I got there so everyone could play everyone and we found it fairest. It was standard so a whole bunch of customs were used, from stock Burn Fireblaze to "basically" stock Phantom Orions to Reviser Dragoon B : D . I for one did horribly due to my Light Launcher 2 skipping (I got a negative score iirc), but ExtremeBlader3 owned with his weird synchromes Tongue_out. Soooo much stamina/balance was used, but still the battles were intense. It was fun either way, the atmosphere was laid back. I judged during the finals (Did not make it Unhappy) and ExtremeBlader3 won with his E230MB and Begirados Begirados SR200BWD (Wut) against top tier combos like Bahamdia Dragoon BD145RF use by Demontre and Duo by Echizen. EB3 ending up winning with Echizen second and Demontre 3rd, receiving homemade gift boxes containing MFB and Plastics parts by Echizen, which were really cool. I really enjoyed this, as much as the tournament I won which means a lot to me. 10/10 would play again.

Is this good enough for point @[Kai-V] ? This is just for the report challenge, not for Beywiki article challenge btw.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Dec. 14, 2015

It is all good, definitely. It is very nice to know more about some more obscure tournaments hah.

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Wombat - Dec. 19, 2015

Tournament Report: Before the Burst

Despite having some difficulty finding the park, I ended up being the first person to show up at about 11:15, closely followed by Time, Greninja Master, and Stars. There ended up being some kind of party under the park shelter, but the weather was nice so we were able to play on a nearby lawn beside a Transformer. Since the surface was not flat, Time and geetster99 were able to provide wooden boards to put the stadiums on, and a few of us used the compass apps on our phones to make sure they were level. About 20 people eventually showed up, for the event, including the elusive Arupaeo and Sniper, as well as dirt2 and Dr. Im, old Beyblade fans during the Off the Chain days. We also managed to attract two new users, Death Wolf and LittleDude99. As promised in the thread, there were Starbursts (among other snacks) at the event, and an ice cream truck even showed up at the beginning of Zero-G. Most of the warm up period was Time deciding (with everyone else’s input) which order the tournaments would take place in, while I helped dirt2 and Dr. Im with Plastics combos (which later proved to be my own undoing haha).

Chapter 1: Team Plastics (Click to View)

Chapter 2: Zero-G (Click to View)

Chapter 3: HMS (Click to View)

It was starting to get late, so instead of doing Limited 2 on 2 we ended up doing a quick single elimination tournament. While I got taken out by Sniper’s MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90RF in the first round, Angry Face made up for his poor performance in Zero-G by sweeping the entire tournament with MF-L Scythe Escolpio W105MF and winning a Dranzer F (I believe). Fun fact: I got Angry’s rough draft of this combo (Scythe Escolpio 85RF) at the NC Qualifier several months prior. While I narrowly managed to beat it, hopefully I played a part in furthering its development into what it is now. Overall, I had a great time and got to battle pretty much all of the highly ranked Maryland Bladers I wanted. My only real regret was not having my team use the Zombie more haha. Looking forward to hopefully doing this again in a few weeks!

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - JesseObre - Dec. 30, 2015

I had some pics from a tournament of LMAO's Birthday Beynanza 2!!

This is for the Scavenger Hunt btw lol
https://www.facebook.com/jessejames.obre...nref=story

check it out Smile
btw check my utube channel @jesseproductinz

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - Angry Face - Dec. 30, 2015

(Dec. 19, 2015  6:28 PM)Wombat Wrote: Fun fact: I got Angry’s rough draft of this combo (Scythe Escolpio 85RF) at the NC Qualifier several months prior. While I narrowly managed to beat it, hopefully I played a part in furthering its development into what it is now.

I actually had the W105MF in my pocket at the time, but I was afraid you were gonna use some kind of a Stamina combo that I wouldn't be able to OS or KO with Scythe Escolpio, so I opted for the 85RF variant. I did learn later, though, that I could've still KO'd the Scythe or Libra B:D combos I thought you'd use with the W105MF variant, so, in the end, you actually did kind of help me develop this combo. xD

RE: WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts - JesseObre - Dec. 30, 2015

Tournament Report: DIR en BEY: Deux!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-Ontario-11-15-15-DIR-en-BEY-D-E-U-X?page=1

Hey Guys! I wanted to post a report for the tournament on this and since we never heard bout it, its time!! lol

Lets start with I wasn't going to the tournament but the night before Kei convinced me when we were at dinner with other peopleTongue_out_wink. Note I didn't have burst at the time but I had some knowledge of the metagame since I was at the first Burst Tourney. So basically I came with just coming to see old friends and hopefully do not that horrible XD. I had to rely on Kei to help me out the whole way lol.

So there were 3 blocks. Block A: Mitsu, Kei, Purikura, Kai-V,Suntailhawk, Block B: 1234beyblade, AlphaVicRose, Hato, LMAO, cadney Block C: U wot m8, originalzankye, Bey Brad, JesseObre, BlasterJoker.

Tournament started around 11:30 and the competition began! I didn't have too much trouble in my block tho I did lose to U wot m8 and I was nervous because Bey Brad was really tough, though I overcame it at was 4-1. Brad was also 4-1 so we both went on the semi-finals.

In semi-finals it was me, Kei, Mitsu, 1234Beyblade, LMAO, Bey Brad. It was very intense with one of 1st matches with 1234Beyblade. It went down to the last match but I won 3-2. It just goes to show how intense and fun I have with my bud! Smile. Surprisinly I was going on a streak on the semi's and only lost to Bey Brad (Karma XD). So automatically I had placed first with just Odin Heavy Defense and Valkyrie! Wink. Brad ended up coming 2nd and 1234Beyblade 3rd!

At the end of the tournament Bey Brad was soo kind to give me his prize and has really got me back into Beyblade Stupid. Thanks Brad!

After the tournament we went off but before we needed a pic to show off!
Then we headed to McDonalds to eat and celebrate! After we departed ways and left, and also took pics of Kei on the other side of the subway hiding his face XDXD
1st: JesseObre
Odin Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Heavy Accel

2nd: Bey Brad
Valkyrie Heavy Assault
Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Odin Heavy Defense

3rd: 1234beyblade
Deathscyther Spread Accel
Odin Heavy Survive

So this is for the Scavenger Hunt btw on Tournament Report on the WBO. Should this be fine Kai-V??