World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced! (/Thread-Graphics-Tournament-Grand-Finalist-and-3rd-and-4th-Play-Off-Finalist-Announced)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Greimatter - Jul. 30, 2011

So that I don't make the same mistake that I did with the "movies" theme, could you define "fear"? As in, should I make something that looks scary; or something that portrays the emotion of fear?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - NoodooSoup - Jul. 30, 2011

I think it should be what the artist interprets it as. That's why I did not have a problem with your "Movies" entry.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Greimatter - Jul. 30, 2011

(Jul. 30, 2011  3:17 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I think it should be what the artist interprets it as. That's why I did not have a problem with your "Movies" entry.

Yes, but many people did. The theme originally said just "Movies"; which was very general to begin with, but was later changed to "Movies (can be from any movie)" Or something like that.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Xlr8 - Jul. 30, 2011

well it's bye for me and i think i have lost may the best one progress from my group that is group A wins.well i will be waiting for the next tourney it was a fun experience and nice to participate .thanks for all the critics done on entries as it made me learn many new things i learned something that never judge anyone until u face them. well, it was a truly awesome experience and i enjoyed it a lot Smile

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 31, 2011

(Jul. 30, 2011  11:39 AM)Xlr8 Wrote: well it's bye for me and i think i have lost may the best one progress from my group that is group A wins.well i will be waiting for the next tourney it was a fun experience and nice to participate .thanks for all the critics done on entries as it made me learn many new things i learned something that never judge anyone until u face them. well, it was a truly awesome experience and i enjoyed it a lot Smile

You never know Xlr8, you still may get over the line. There still are a few days left for voting.

But in the case that you don't progress, I'm glad that you enjoyed participating in the Tournament. If I get time I may try and organize another in a few months depending on my schedule at the time, otherwise somebody else is more then welcomed to create a Tournament in my abscence.

(Jul. 30, 2011  3:51 AM)Greimatter Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2011  3:17 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I think it should be what the artist interprets it as. That's why I did not have a problem with your "Movies" entry.

Yes, but many people did. The theme originally said just "Movies"; which was very general to begin with, but was later changed to "Movies (can be from any movie)" Or something like that.

Anything that depicts fea, the theme is very open to artistic interpretation. You don't have to use my example since it simply is a possibility of what you can use, but perhaps a scene from a horror movie?

---------------------------

*IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE NOT SENT A ROUND 4 ENTRY*

A vote penalty of 2 votes will apply to the following members for each subsequent day they don't submit their Round 4 entry. If another 3 days have elapsed, and I still have not recieved an entry from the participants listed they will automatically forfeit Round 4. The members listed currently have a vote penalty of 2 votes.

Jacksonian
Hakumen
SDamonCronous
RAW

Honestly guys, this is extremely slack....

In regards to SDamonCronous, I thought you said that you were about to send your entry just before the deadline?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - othellog - Jul. 31, 2011

I have tekken!!!!!! Oh, yeaah, my favourite video game. I'll pown anyone here for sure, if you want to get you carp kick pm me, lol. just noticed I'm kicking carp in my block, lol.
Yaa, Tekken.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Wolverine Mode - Jul. 31, 2011

Hey ! Don't think you can win Othellog Wink. I will be there to kick you too.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Aug. 02, 2011

I still currently have not received a Round 4 entry from the following participants:

Jacksonian
Hakumen

If I don't receive an entry from a participant listed by the 3rd of August 12AM/0000HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time (14 hours from posting this message) they will automatically forfeit Round 4.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Synth - Aug. 02, 2011

So, when this is over, will another tournament happen?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - othellog - Aug. 02, 2011

(Jul. 31, 2011  8:00 AM)Knight Wolborg Wrote: Hey ! Don't think you can win Othellog Wink. I will be there to kick you too.
Ya dude I'm just talkn' smack, I'm not serious, lol, I'm really looking forward to this battle.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Greimatter - Aug. 02, 2011

Come on, Jacksonian. I was looking forward to going against you. D:

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - MakaCHOP! - Aug. 02, 2011

Hope they send their's in Tongue_out i like voting Tongue_out

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Aug. 02, 2011

(Aug. 02, 2011  2:01 AM)DeX Wrote: So, when this is over, will another tournament happen?

Maybe, depends on my schedule on whether or not I can organize another. I think by the time I've allowed a suitable amount of time to pass before another Tournament it may be time for my end of Semester exams, which means I'll be quite busy in regards to assignments and study.

Otherwise, somebody else is more then welcomed to create another Tournament in my absence Joyful_3

Just a little side note, I'd suggest at least 3 - 4 months in between the time each Tournament is hosted If Tournaments occur to often it doesn't allow participants of the previous Tournament proper time to progress as an artist, while the notion of competing in a Tournament becomes a little old and stale, and loses it's novelty. I want the idea of competing in a Tournament to be a big deal, that way every participant will take it seriously and we won't have any issues with late entries or persons not putting in any effort for an entry as we have seen in this current Tournament.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Xlr8 - Aug. 02, 2011

(Aug. 02, 2011  4:09 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Just a little side note, I'd suggest at least 3 - 4 months in between the time each Tournament is hosted If Tournaments occur to often it doesn't allow participants of the previous Tournament proper time to progress as an artist, while the notion of competing in a Tournament becomes a little old and stale, and loses it's novelty. I want the idea of competing in a Tournament to be a big deal, that way every participant will take it seriously and we won't have any issues with late entries or persons not putting in any effort for an entry as we have seen in this current Tournament.

i understand that it will going to make it old so why not change the pattern like team matches.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - blah - Aug. 02, 2011

Team matches would be terrible in my opinion. S:

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Blitz Unicorno - Aug. 02, 2011

Yeah, it would be really tough for a group of people to create a sig if all of them do not live near each other.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Xlr8 - Aug. 02, 2011

(Aug. 02, 2011  11:00 AM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: Yeah, it would be really tough for a group of people to create a sig if all of them do not live near each other.

it will br tough thats why the idea came into my mind as peoples entry of a battle is easy to make for them but by these method it will going to become hard and gfxers will learn team work too or going to learn some nice tricks from each other

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Blitz Unicorno - Aug. 02, 2011

But you do not need teamwork in GFXing...
You can learn nice tricks from anyone in the General GFX Thread if they decide to share it...

(Aug. 02, 2011  11:10 AM)Xlr8 Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2011  11:00 AM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: Yeah, it would be really tough for a group of people to create a sig if all of them do not live near each other.

it will br tough thats why the idea came into my mind as peoples entry of a battle is easy to make for them but by these method it will going to become hard and gfxers will learn team work too or going to learn some nice tricks from each other

While team matches are an interesting idea, unfortunately I believe that it would be far to tedious and difficult to organize.

------------------------------------

The following participants have failed to submit a Round 4; as a result they forfeit Round 4.

Hakumen
Jacksonian

Due to the members listed failing to submit an entry, their Round 4 opponents will receive an automatic 3 victory points. These members are;

Omega
Greimatter

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Greimatter - Aug. 02, 2011

Eh, winning's by default's cool, I guess. I wanted to go against Jacksonian, though. Uncertain

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - ThaKingTai - Aug. 02, 2011

Can we still see their entries? Post in General GFX Thread?

Of course, though it's up each participant to decide whether or not they'll like to post their entry.

On another note I've updated the Group A and B tables in the OP. Things are looking a little different to what I previously predicted the standings to be at this point in time. It simply puts more emphasis on the importance of a victory in Round 5.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Aug. 05, 2011

Just a reminder to all participants that your Round 5 entries need to be sent to me by the 6th of August 12AM/0000 HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time. There are 55 minutes left until the deadline has elapsed, those participants whom haven't submitted their entry before the deadline will receive a vote penalty.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Callum6939 - Aug. 05, 2011

(Aug. 05, 2011  2:09 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: Just a reminder to all participants that your Round 5 entries need to be sent to me by the 6th of August 12AM/0000 HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time. There are 55 minutes left until the deadline has elapsed, those participants whom haven't submitted their entry before the deadline will receive a vote penalty.

I may have some problems getting my entry to you, as I am currently moving house... I think at the latest, I will get it to you around 6pm tomorrow UK time...

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Aug. 07, 2011

Currently there are several participants who have not sent me a Round 5 entry. Remember, it’s not my duty to be chasing persons for their entries.

The following participants have been given an extension since they contacted me:

Callum6939
Greimatter
blah

The following participants have incurred a 2 vote penalty. The participants listed will receive an additional 2 vote penalties for each subsequent day their entry is late. If I don’t receive a Round 5 entry by the 10 th of August by 12AM/0000HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time the entrants listed will automatically forfeit Round 5.

Hope
RAW

---------------------------------

On another note, Jacksonian has dropped out of the Tournament. Due to this, he automatically forfeits his Round 5 battle against NoodooSoup. Since it's customary to reward a victory and 3 victory points to NoodooSoup in this situation, it means that NoodooSoup has now taken an unassailable lead in Group A.

CONGRATULATIONS NOODOOSOUP!! You are the first participant through to the finals!

For those wondering about the finals, only the participants who finish first in their group will progress to the finals. The top placed participant in Groups A and B will face each other in the Semi Final, with the winner progressing to the Grand Final. The top placed participants in Group C and D will battle in the Semi Final, once again the winner progressing to the Grand Final. There will also be a play off for 3rd and 4th place.

To the winner of the Tournament I'll make a special userbar for them, plus they get a massive amount of respect! I'll also create one for 2nd and 3rd place.

In regards to deciding the themes for the finals, the participant with the highest 'Vote Percentage' will be given the advantage of deciding the theme for the Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Play Off and the Grand Final. Participants Vote Percentage from the Group Stage will be carried over to the finals. I'll create a special table demonstrating this.