[Washington DC] 01/21/12 - Voyages of HMS Beagle

on
Hosted by
  Yami
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hello MD Bladers!

Just like Charles Darwin took a voyage of discovery to the Galapagos Islands on the HMS Beagle, Maryland bladers get to discover HMS beyblades in a special tournament this month, Voyages of HMS Beagle! The tournament is co-hosted by me and Arupaeo, and will be held at the same time as the regular monthly MFB tournament, Ataque de Año Nuevo.

HMS is a very fun beyblade format, and I hope that the bladers with HMS beys come out and compete to show everyone what it's all about!

If you play in both tournaments, you only pay the room fee once, and if you have a blader passport you don't pay any additional tournament fees either!

The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is located about 100 yards west of Connecticut Avenue on Woodley Road. Parking in the surrounding neighborhoods can sometimes be challenging due to the close proximity of the National Zoo, so please plan to either arrive early to find free parking, arrive whenever and pay for parking, or take the DC Metro Red Line to the Woodley Park / National Zoo station and a very short walk to the hotel.

Date: Saturday, January 21, 2011
Location: The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel: 2660 Woodley Road NW · Washington, DC 20008 (We will be in the McKinley Room) https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/tra...dman-park/
Start time: 12:30-ish
Surface: Carpet!
Fees: $5 Room Fee + Standard WBO fees: $5 entry fee or $10 for a Blader Passport that gives you free tournaments for a year
Prizes: Prizes have not been decided yet, but at the very least we are battling for Gold, Silver and Bronze faces!

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Galaxy4Stars
  2. Arupaeo
  3. Burn Rock Virgo
  4. J o n
  5. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  6. night wing 247
  7. DAJ
  8. drakio
  9. othellog? (Rises from the dead)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I'm fired up!

I hope everybody is as excited for this as I am, so break out your HMS beys and get ready for some old-school fun!
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MY GOD WHY CAN'T I GO TO DC

Arupaeo, check dem PMs, I haz idea for the 2 tournaments. Seriously though, good job on an East Coast HMS tournament! Have fun with this one.
I'll be there Tongue_out Not playing, but judging.
(Dec. 28, 2011  5:27 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MY GOD WHY CAN'T I GO TO DC

Arupaeo, check dem PMs, I haz idea for the 2 tournaments. Seriously though, good job on an East Coast HMS tournament! Have fun with this one.
Why can't you take the Megabus to DC?

Parents, they'd rather not let me. Plus, I have to focus on school more, not 'some Beyblade tournament a few states away'.

I hope some good HMS will be used! And hopefully my idea could be implemented.
Congrats Dakota for hosting your first tourney! Lol. Put meh down as a possible. Im not sure how long I'm going to be there tho.

Can't wat for 2012 summer. . . . . Ga' you should try to come for 2012 summer.

EDIT: Same time as MFB tourney?! Eee omg.
Confirmed or Possiable? again
Confirm. Tired since its the same time as MFB tourney so yah I'm confirmed.

EDIT: I got a question, what if we don't have enough people? Is it just going to be me, you, Aru, and BRV? I'm kind of worried about this one.
Don't worry right now it about one month so it gonna take time. I'm sure Aru have some HMS to sell/or borrow in case someone doesn't own a HMS or RC/BC is broken
Ah, screw it, I'll just post my idea for these kinds of tournaments here. Note, these are side events to go in conjunction with the actual HMS and MFB tournaments:
The Beylympics!

The idea is to literally have bladers compete in contests of skill, just like the actual Olympics, but with their blades. For example:
Running of the Round Shells: Bladers take turns sniping Round Shell MS in Running Mode at targets (the box itself has targets on it, and if no one has a Round Shell in general there's a $45 one on Plamoya, which is a pretty nice price.) Most hit from certain distances, or most hit in a row wins first, second and third. Since the surface is carpet, you don't have to worry about damage to RSMS either.
Eternal Sharp Hackysack!: Bladers try to hand-spin or launch beyblades with the ES bottom onto different parts of their body in order to perform tricks. The trick is to get a good spin, and use as many parts of your body as possible. Customizing correctly is also important, so long as the bottom/performance tip is ES. Places would be given based on length of spin, number of different tricks, number of each trick, and other stuff that would be calculated in some sort of point system that I'm devising right now. You can bounce it off your knees, head, hand, even foot, or do tricks with your hands like under a leg, hand to hand, under your arm, etc.! Since it's carpet, and ES, not B : D (not used for this very reason, along with spin time differences and shape of the bottom affecting results too much) is being used, there is less chance of breakage and more easily replaceable.

That's all for now, but what do you people think? Any suggestions, comments or additional ideas?

NOTE: If the TOs don't approve, you can delete this post. The idea is still a work in progress after all. Smile
The " Round Shells" game sounds really like throwing HMS around and of course it could put some dent on the stadium....so i rather put this as a Free play thing xD

I like the idea of "Eternal Sharp" even ES is replaceable as always i could make this as a real cash prize tournament hah. I'm sure Phantom/Basalt just gonna kill it real easy
It is, as an side event. I like the idea. It seems much fun and relaxing. All Galaxy have to do is bring root beer and I'm good lol.
It's not actually meant to be in a stadium, it's a side thing. You launch Round Shell in Running Mode and it acts like a tire. Since you're on carpet, no damage is done to it. Running Mode can't ever be used in stadiums anyways.

ES Hackysack is on your body as well, above the carpet. None of these would ever work in a stadium, except for a simple 'The Launch of All Launches!' event.

The Launch of All Launches!: Literally, launch an attack, stamina and defense type in a stadium (separately, not at once). The set attack type combo would be judged on correct use of Tornado Stall (no sliding over ridge, least number gives places) and Bank/SS (Same judging as TS, also judged on length of flower pattern time). Defense and Stamina would be judged on least amount of aggressiveness and longest spin time. All of these use set combos, preferably the exact same beyblade as well to keep least # of variables. Attack, Defense and Stamina would be judged separately.

Again, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't have to be done.

EDIT: Thanks, J o n.
I may be able to come, but I've got to order a couple more things first Wink.

EDIT: Put me down as confirmed.
Excellent...(Mr Burns voice) we're getting something here Grin

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Your up the list. Wink Good luck.

this time i going to this tournament and im going to win it for sure maybe if i get new hms beys
night wing 247 Your up the list!

Let me and Arupaeo know if you have any questions concerning about Universal Rules Smile
This tourney is just in time for my new HMS beys to arrive, but I live in California! So I can't go Unhappy
I'm coming with a new combo.
(Jan. 05, 2012  1:00 AM)DAJ Wrote: I'm coming with a new combo.

To the HMS tournament? Cool!

If not, look for the other Washington dc tournament thread for MFB. They are both in the same place at the same time, and you are welcome to compete in both, I just want to make sure we all know what tourney(s) you're entering.
DAJ your up the list! Tell me if you want me to take you off the list.
READ ME! OK SO WE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO USE HMS BEYS LIKE DRIGER OR DRACIEL HMS YOU MEAN. PLEASE RESPOND.
This is an HMS event, and only HMS Beys may be used, yes. However, there is an MFB tournament being hosted at the same time.

Please do not use caps lock.
ok i should tell DAJ that he should sign up for the other tornament. Hey will you be selling beyblades like round shell or dranzer hms or dragoon hms? sign me up please.