True noob reporting

Hi,

So I'm as new at this as it gets and after reading through this site I'm a bit over whelmed with how in depth this is. I bought my five year old son the beyblade arena for christmas and was instantly hooked. Started with 2 from the arena set and now have 10, uh, I mean, my son has 10. I believe they are metal fight beys but I could be wrong, made by hasbro and are the smaller type. Not really sure what those bigger ones are or if they are as fun as the ones I have, *cough* my son has. So far I haven't done much tweaking with all the parts mostly because I have no clue as to what type of bey I want but once I do I'm sure I will visit the build me a bey forum. I know there is a listing of all the parts, but I would be interested in a listing of all the beys. Not sure if it exist on this site or not, if it does I'm sure I will stumble on it in the wiki.

Outside of this new hobby, I'm a huge sports nut...GO GIANTS!!! If my user id didn't give it away I'm in the Navy. I married with FIVE kids the oldest being 8 and the youngest 2 months.

If there is an beyblade for dummies...I need it Tongue_out_wink
Welcome to the WBO! There are quite a few father/son contributors on the site - and many fathers play the game competitively along with their sons - so feel free!

A great place to start reading for combos is right here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...bos--20385

This is the list of combos that are currently at the top of the competitive play world, and can give you a very good idea of what beyblades to purchase next.

Feel free to contact me via PM as you're getting acclimated to the site!
hey new guy, first navyman I've seen here Smile Welcome

what you are probably talking about is the metal fight beyblades, if you got them in local stores (target, walmart, toysrus, etc...)
the bigger ones are the older generation plastic beyblades which, imo, are better for collection purposes
well i hope to see you around here and have fun with the beys you have

oh and remember to read the pm Kai-V sent you when you first got here (if you didnt already), it will help you with what to do and what not to do Grin
Hi and Welcome to the WBO! Hope you enjoy!

Please take time while reading this it's very important How To Make Good Posts and Not Get Warned

You can posts you parts here and hopefully someone would give you good combos Build Me A Combo
Hey man, this totally inspired me to get an account. Pretty much same circumstances, I have a 5 year old boy, started a little just before Christmas. Now I'm adding to "his" collection.
Welcome! I see there is a fellow Giant's fan I my midst... Smile

(Down with the Cowboys!!!)

Lol, hi, have fun readin our in depth awesomeness, and aim to be as strong and smart as your son! Who knows, you might be teaching him the art of beyblade on day!
Welcome to the WBO!!!
Have a nice time here navygiant...
The BB-10 Attack Stadium is an absolute must buy! Welcome to the WBO. But, if he means the "bigger" type as in the electronic ones, they're not very good and are illegal in tournament play. Welcome to the WBO!