Tournament Organisers LOOK HERE

I didn't know where to post this but I think this may be usefull to all organisers ahead of this weekends tourneys.

I don't know if people already do pairings this but its really handy if you don't. This method works for paring players up if you use any number including odd numbers. I will use an example with numbers.

First step is to get the 6 numbers in a row if you have an odd number you will need to +1 and make a ghost player (you leave these pairings out)

1 2 3 4 5 6

The last number remains the same but all other numbers move to the right untill you cant anymore. Here is an example of how a 6 player table should look.

1 2 3 4 5 6
5 1 2 3 4 6
4 5 1 2 3 6
3 4 5 1 2 6
2 3 4 5 1 6

Every line is a round and you make the pairings by maching up 1st and last players 2nd and 2nd last 3rd and 3rd last ect.

So for this line 1 2 3 4 5 6 the pairings would be
1v6
2v5
3v4
That would be the first round.

The next line would be 5 1 2 3 4 6 and the pairings would look like
5v6
1v4
2v3
That would be round 2. You just keep repeating and that pairs your tourney for you Smile

I hope people can understand and use this because it saves you a lot of time and you can't make a mistake if you use it correctly.
Wow, this actually seems like a pretty good method. Though I think you could post this in the Tournament Guide.
Mods please correct if wrong.

For a shortcut:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Tournament-Guide
Bit late? Well for us it is as our Tourney is in like 3 an a Half hours. Tongue_out

Seems good though.
(May. 28, 2011  12:31 AM)Chups Wrote: Bit late? Well for us it is as our Tourney is in like 3 an a Half hours. Tongue_out

Seems good though.

I only found this method whilst writing up the pairings for my tournament last night. If other TO's have not already done theirs this is going to save them a lot of time.
Hmmm....pretty efficient imo but I can't stop think how I have seen this before, too familiar.
Or, you can just go to www.printyourbrackets.com and just select how many players and which format.
(Jun. 01, 2011  4:48 PM)Uwik Wrote: Or, you can just go to www.printyourbrackets.com and just select how many players and which format.

Thats perfectly fine if you have a printer and know your exact turn out. This info is for people who don't have a printer and are doing things with a pen and paper.
If you take martial arts this format is sometimes referred to as "line sparring." It is effective, and would work well for a one on one team tournament.
Newt: Of courrse, if the number of attendee is not known beforehand, your explanation is a handy guide. Thank you for this, and hopefully, people can make use of it.
Thanks for this guide. Actually posted something here that wasn't meant for this thread.