This board is full of ingrates.

I agree. I had 5 boring years (except the skateboarding was awesome) and then this comes, and everyone said it sucks and plastic/hms are better. (Btw, you may think i did - but I didnt say that about MFB. I think it owns.)
A plastic or hms blade may be your favorite but that doesnt mean every other blade sucks and you have to brag about it.
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:24 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: It's astonishing how few members are using the incredible resource that Brad and his team have put together in the form of the BeyWiki.

On a slight tangent, this.
Personally, I don't mind answering the stupid little questions that newer members sometimes have - the ones that other people find irritating; they make me feel smart. XD But still, it'd be nice if more people could look through the wiki. Sure it doesn't have a page for every single beyblade but it's detailed, it has combo ideas, etc. and it covers the basics. It really is excellent and it's a shame the newer members don't read it more. I know I'm still an idiot somewhat but I read through it all when I joined and I genuinely found it interesting so it's not like it should be a burden for anyone with a real passion for beyblades. Angry
And then if people do that more then they're gonna know more about both series and keep their love of plastics as pure preference rather than set in stone.

And I'd like to take this moment to give a quick but heartfelt thank you to all those who have contributed to the Beywiki. It's an amazing feat of human perseverance and I know all the information there has come directly from all of you and taken up your own time. I can only hope that one day I'll be knowledgable enough to write my own article. Unsmith
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:04 PM)Rocky Wrote: On a slight tangent, this.
Personally, I don't mind answering the stupid little questions that newer members sometimes have - the ones that other people find irritating; they make me feel smart. XD But still, it'd be nice if more people could look through the wiki. Sure it doesn't have a page for every single beyblade but it's detailed, it has combo ideas, etc. and it covers the basics. It really is excellent and it's a shame the newer members don't read it more. I know I'm still an idiot somewhat but I read through it all when I joined and I genuinely found it interesting so it's not like it should be a burden for anyone with a real passion for beyblades. Angry
And then if people do that more then they're gonna know more about both series and keep their love of plastics as pure preference rather than set in stone.

And Ild like to take this moment to give a quick but heartfelt thank you for all those who have contributed to the Beywiki. It's an amazing feat of human perseverance and I know all the information there has come directly from all of you and taken up your own time. I can only hope that one day I'll be knowledgable enough to write my own article. Unsmith

This totally reminded me of my procrastination of posting my own articles Pinching_eyes
i've always liked mfb never complained once
Normally I am away from the forum for a time now and will be due to the academics overwhelming my life, however, I couldn't resist from posting on the issue Brad had pointed out.

People who are harshly critisizing and to a point despising MFB for their sickness of nostalgia should be ashamed as what is important here is not a Beyblade is designed good or not but the series returning with its full glory after such a hiatus where it was almost impossible for anyone outside Japan to purchase any, therefore, quit whining as MFB may be a newly sprouting brand new series, however, its still Beyblade and thats what is important for the majority of the community, hence, anyone tending to whine should consider these facts before whining.

off-topic: For anyone who is interested, the Turkish adaptation-reprensentative of WBO a.k.a WBO TR will hopefully be launched in the 1st of April(No April Fools on this one) where the site will contain information on how to access the Turkish part of the WBO Forums, Turkish version of WBO Rules and more importantly a whole coverage on the MFB series...

--Peace--
ZenX
"This board is full of whiners who can only compare MFB to the new series. I'm sick of it, like really sick of it. "ohhh i like plastics more, oh this new series is lame, why aren't they using the old characters, blahblahblah" Shut up. Seriously, just shut up. It's a miracle that Beyblade came back at all, and if all you can still talk about are Beyblades from over a decade ago I have to question how much you like Beyblade in the first place."

So what I hear you saying is

"since you wont throw away your collection of classic tops for a new gimmick of metal blades, you must not be real fans."

There is a reason why we love the classics. There were hundreds of plastic blades making thousands of possibilities. It was the only series to remain constant. The electric light up beyblades came along and failed. The magnet core beyblades were similar to the original ones but the utilized magnets. The blades were cool but the magnet gimmick was useless. So consequently they died as well. Next there were the remote control blades. It was a good concept but they had no metal ring. They were tossed aside as well. The engine gear blades came out in attempt to improve the action of the battles. The problem was, they were bulky and they spun out of control and landed in the pits of the arena. While all these series came and went there always one that remained. The original. The simplicity and active customization made these tops the most fun to watch and the best selling. They were a toy that lasted through the ages.

The final attempt to outdo the originals came out a few years ago. The HMS tops. When I first heard of these I didn’t know what to think. A full metal attack ring? A left/right spin launcher? All new customization tools? WOW! This thing is total ****ing garbage. Full metal my ***. I’d rather it be full ****ing size. Here is what was wrong with them

1) they were too small
2) customization was a pain
3) there was almost no customization because the pieces were almost exactly the same
4) the battles were boring to watch
5) battles spanned out too long and you just wanted them to end
6) they weren’t compatible with the originals
7) only about 10 tops or even less came out for the series before it bit the dust. What kind of marketing was that? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Now ive heard the argument that the HMS can easily beat the normal ones. Well that’s a pointless argument right there. That’s like if someone buys 1000 dollars worth of pokemon cards and makes the ultimate deck. Then someone with a Zippo comes along and lights them all on fire. Well I guess the Zippo is stronger than the deck but its still cheap and stupid. If you are judging by pure strength than just don’t use normal beyblades. Use the ones you can order off the internet, you know, the ones that can take your finger off. Whether they are strong or not it still doesnt change all the flaws I mentioned above and what it all comes down to is that the HMS tops are still worthless. The HMS tops are one of the reasons why beyblade died.

Now they are trying to resuscitate it by making more metal tops. That’s like poisoning someone and trying to bring them back to life by pumping antifreeze into their veins. Now, these new tops don’t look bad. Mixing metal with plastic is a good concept. At least they aren’t microscopic like the HMS. But there is one tiny problem. They aren’t compatible with the originals. Now for beyblade noobs (like a lot of people here) that wouldn’t be a problem because they don’t have a large collection to begin with but for hard core fans like me, who have been here since the beginning, it renders our collections useless. Why are they trying to start over? If they want to bring beyblade back why couldn’t they have made the compatible with the originals? Defending them for sake of bringing beyblade back is absurd. That’s like if your mom died and in order to bring her back to life you turn her into a flesh eating zombie. Starting the franchise over makes NO sense. Its like if konami decided yugi-oh would now have a whole new series of cards with a whole different playing style. Fans wouldn’t just say “well ive been using these cards for 10 years and I have spent thousands of dollars on them but whatever I guess ill throw them aside and start over. Does that make ANY sense?

Im guessing you are too young to remember using the originals very much. I think beybalde has lost a large amount of its original fanbase, so what we are left with is a tiny minority of hardcore fans who own dozens of blades and a large majority of noob beybladers who have no respect for the originals. Well listen here buddy. The original tops are not useless relics. They are CLASSICS. They are considered some of the best toys ever made by many. The metal tops were nothing more than a marketing gimmick. If you want to be suckered in and collect the 7 HMS tops, start collecting the new ones and start your beyblade collection from scratch, that’s your loss. But don’t insult the real fans who refuse to abandon all that we ever cared about in beyblade. Bottom line, the classic tops were the best and anyone whos willing to trash them is not a true beyblade fan.

(USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST)
^ What NOT to think. Thanks for being a example
Have you seen Brads collection?
Can you point out any way my statement is illogical?
What a dumb topic. As the owner of the site can't you just suspend people that piss you off instead of making a volatile topic such as this one?
I would suggest taking lessons in english. I'm not going to attempt to read your "article" because there is no paragraphing and please learnt o use the BBCode for quotes, it makes it a lot easier to understand. Until then I won't be interested in what you say. All I can read is the fact that your whinning about the old school tops. I saw nothing wrong with the parts from all the other generations. They all had their useful parts.

Also, what do you mean only 10 HMS tops were released? Where were you living then? They released plenty of HMS tops...

(Mar. 14, 2009  6:14 PM)BladerQ Wrote: What a dumb topic. As the owner of the site can't you just suspend people that piss you off instead of making a volatile topic such as this one?

If he did that then there wouldn't be much of a community would there? Think about your post before you post it. There is so much wrong with what you posted.
you are just making an excuse not to read it. I find that VERY pathetic
(Mar. 14, 2009  6:05 PM)arbitor365 Wrote: "This board is full of whiners who can only compare MFB to the new series. I'm sick of it, like really sick of it. "ohhh i like plastics more, oh this new series is lame, why aren't they using the old characters, blahblahblah" Shut up. Seriously, just shut up. It's a miracle that Beyblade came back at all, and if all you can still talk about are Beyblades from over a decade ago I have to question how much you like Beyblade in the first place."

"since you wont throw away your collection of classic tops for a new gimmick of metal blades, you must not be real fans."
There is a reason why we love the classics. There were hundreds of plastic blades making thousands of possibilities. It was the only series to remain constant. The electric light up beyblades came along and failed. The magnet core beyblades were similar to the original ones but the utilized magnets. The blades were cool but the magnet gimmick was useless. So consequently they died as well. Next there were the remote control blades. It was a good concept but they had no metal ring. They were tossed aside as well. The engine gear blades came out in attempt to improve the action of the battles. The problem was, they were bulky and they spun out of control and landed in the pits of the arena. While all these series came and went there always one that remained. The original. The simplicity and active customization made these tops the most fun to watch and the best selling. They were a toy that lasted through the ages. The final attempt to outdo the originals came out a few years ago. The HMS tops. When I first heard of these I didn’t know what to think. A full metal attack ring? A left/right spin launcher? All new customization tools? WOW! This thing is total ****ing garbage. Full metal my ***. I’d rather it be full ****ing size. Here is what was wrong with them

1) they were too small
3) there was almost no customization because the pieces were almost exactly the same
7) only about 10 tops or even less came out for the series before it bit the dust. What kind of marketing was that? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Now ive heard the argument that the HMS can easily beat the normal ones. Well that’s a pointless argument right there. That’s like if someone buys 1000 dollars worth of pokemon cards and makes the ultimate deck. Then someone with a Zippo comes along and lights them all on fire. Well I guess the Zippo is stronger than the deck but its still cheap and stupid. If you are judging by pure strength than just don’t use normal beyblades. Use the ones you can order off the internet, you know, the ones that can take your finger off. Whether they are strong or not it still doesnt change all the flaws I mentioned above and what it all comes down to is that the HMS tops are still worthless. The HMS tops are one of the reasons why beyblade died. And now they are trying to resuscitate it by making more metal tops. That’s like poisoning someone and trying to bring them back to life by pumping antifreeze into their veins. Now, these new tops don’t look bad. Mixing metal with plastic is a good concept. At least they aren’t microscopic like the HMS. But there is one tiny problem. They aren’t compatible with the originals. Now for beyblade noobs (like a lot of people here) that wouldn’t be a problem because they don’t have a large collection to begin with but for hard core fans like me, who have been here since the beginning, it renders our collections useless. Why are they trying to start over? If they want to bring beyblade back why couldn’t they have made the compatible with the originals? Defending them for sake of bringing beyblade back is absurd. That’s like if your mom died and in order to bring her back to life you turn her into a flesh eating zombie. Starting the franchise over makes NO sense. Its like if konami decided yugi-oh would now have a whole new series of cards with a whole different playing style. Fans wouldn’t just say “well ive been using these cards for 10 years and I have spent thousands of dollars on them but whatever I guess ill throw them aside and start over. Does that make ANY sense? Im guessing you are too young to remember using the originals very much. I think beybalde has lost a large amount of its original fanbase, so what we are left with is a tiny minority of hardcore fans who own dozens of blades and a large majority of noob beybladers who have no respect for the originals. Well listen here buddy. The original tops are not useless relics. They are CLASSICS. They are considered some of the best toys ever made by many. The metal tops were nothing more than a marketing gimmick. If you want to be suckered in and collect the 7 HMS tops, start collecting the new ones and start your beyblade collection from scratch, that’s your loss. But don’t insult the real fans who refuse to abandon all that we ever cared about in beyblade. Bottom line, the classic tops were the best and anyone whos willing to trash them is not a true beyblade fan.
Your a noob
(Mar. 14, 2009  6:15 PM)arbitor365 Wrote: you are just making an excuse not to read it. I find that VERY pathetic

Erm, I never said I didn't read it. I obviously read a bit of it because I made comments. Paragraph it and make it more legable.
Wow I don't know what to say.......you call us 'noobs' but most of the people here are original fans. Probably the same age or older than you. Of course we remember and love the original series. That's why we're so pleased that it's back.

You say they should have been compatible and whatnot but they really needed to start over to sell them to a new generation of bladers. It's still a kids game - although we can buy it, they have to market towards kids and kids aren't gonna want some boring blade their big brother threw out a few years ago. They want something exciting and fresh and special to them and Takara know that. They're just doing they're job. They're doing it quite well too. Smile

Also, they're were many more than 10 HMS blades it's just that Hasbro either didn't release them or didn't market them properly. An 'original fan' should know that. Hasbros handling of the series is one of the reasons that it died out slowly rather than ending at the end of a generation. Hence why it's good that we have a fresh new look rather than trying to bring back something that ended badly and having people just lumping it with Hasbro's failiure with the originals and ignoring them. I could use your zombie mum analogy here actually.

You say we're willing to trash the plastics but that's not true. We still love them - we grew up with them and they gave us hours of fun - but they're outclassed now. If you want to stay in a game you have to have the latest equipment, simple as.

I will however, thank you for making your post readable and using proper grammar, puntuation and spellings. It's a really quite a nice change. Smile Paragraphs would've been nice but I'm not gonna spoil a good thing. XD

Brad's really not gonna be pleased with you also. ^^;
Brad's collection
[Image: IMG_4844.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4900.jpg]
How big is yours? Can you count the HMS?
There are either 2 options

1) you are a noob who doesnt respect the originals

or

2) You are a fan who was here from the beginning but you are dumb enough to start all over.

You know guys, im not against changes in beyblade, but when these changes involve destroying everything we know about beybalde, than carp it.
Guys don't help him. How would you get a Beyblade like Dragoon S into the middle of the stadium straight away? What is the move called?
(Mar. 14, 2009  6:25 PM)arbitor365 Wrote: There are either 2 options

1) you are a noob who doesnt respect the originals

or

2) You are a fan who was here from the beginning but you are dumb enough to start all over.

You know guys, im not against changes in beyblade, but when these changes involve destroying everything we know about beybalde, than carp it.
How the hell is keeping up with the times "destroying everything we know"?
Also you pretty much ignored everything we said :\ Got an answer yet?
i always used a sliding shoot but im not sure what you guys call it. its pretty effective.
(Mar. 14, 2009  6:28 PM)BladerQ Wrote: How the hell is keeping up with the times "destroying everything we know"?

You know, when they tried to "keep with the times" and make adjustments with the engine gear and magnet beyblades at least they were all compatible with each other and the originals. Why not make these new blades compatible?? why? Whats one good reason?
Hmm, what would be a good defense combo? And Attack? And what is the best weight disk for a endurance custom?
i think everyone that said they r true blader's even if u lik3 the old one's u should be happy there r new one's i was once only on the old blade's but now im bout to get a mfb u should be happy the game is back wat if mfb never came out then wat how would u feel we now have thing's to look forward 2 i'm happy new blade's r comin
(Mar. 14, 2009  6:05 PM)arbitor365 Wrote: "This board is full of whiners who can only compare MFB to the new series. I'm sick of it, like really sick of it. "ohhh i like plastics more, oh this new series is lame, why aren't they using the old characters, blahblahblah" Shut up. Seriously, just shut up. It's a miracle that Beyblade came back at all, and if all you can still talk about are Beyblades from over a decade ago I have to question how much you like Beyblade in the first place."

There is a reason why we love the classics. There were hundreds of plastic blades making thousands of possibilities. It was the only series to remain constant. The electric light up beyblades came along and failed. The magnet core beyblades were similar to the original ones but the utilized magnets. The blades were cool but the magnet gimmick was useless. So consequently they died as well. Next there were the remote control blades. It was a good concept but they had no metal ring. They were tossed aside as well. The engine gear blades came out in attempt to improve the action of the battles. The problem was, they were bulky and they spun out of control and landed in the pits of the arena. While all these series came and went there always one that remained. The original. The simplicity and active customization made these tops the most fun to watch and the best selling. They were a toy that lasted through the ages. The final attempt to outdo the originals came out a few years ago. The HMS tops. When I first heard of these I didn’t know what to think. A full metal attack ring? A left/right spin launcher? All new customization tools? WOW! This thing is total ****ing garbage. Full metal my ***. I’d rather it be full ****ing size. Here is what was wrong with them

1) they were too small

Now ive heard the argument that the HMS can easily beat the normal ones. Well that’s a pointless argument right there. That’s like if someone buys 1000 dollars worth of pokemon cards and makes the ultimate deck. Then someone with a Zippo comes along and lights them all on fire. Well I guess the Zippo is stronger than the deck but its still cheap and stupid. If you are judging by pure strength than just don’t use normal beyblades. Use the ones you can order off the internet, you know, the ones that can take your finger off. Whether they are strong or not it still doesnt change all the flaws I mentioned above and what it all comes down to is that the HMS tops are still worthless. The HMS tops are one of the reasons why beyblade died. And now they are trying to resuscitate it by making more metal tops. That’s like poisoning someone and trying to bring them back to life by pumping antifreeze into their veins. Now, these new tops don’t look bad. Mixing metal with plastic is a good concept. At least they aren’t microscopic like the HMS. But there is one tiny problem. They aren’t compatible with the originals. Now for beyblade noobs (like a lot of people here) that wouldn’t be a problem because they don’t have a large collection to begin with but for hard core fans like me, who have been here since the beginning, it renders our collections useless. Why are they trying to start over? If they want to bring beyblade back why couldn’t they have made the compatible with the originals? Defending them for sake of bringing beyblade back is absurd. That’s like if your mom died and in order to bring her back to life you turn her into a flesh eating zombie. Starting the franchise over makes NO sense. Its like if konami decided yugi-oh would now have a whole new series of cards with a whole different playing style. Fans wouldn’t just say “well ive been using these cards for 10 years and I have spent thousands of dollars on them but whatever I guess ill throw them aside and start over. Does that make ANY sense? Im guessing you are too young to remember using the originals very much. I think beybalde has lost a large amount of its original fanbase, so what we are left with is a tiny minority of hardcore fans who own dozens of blades and a large majority of noob beybladers who have no respect for the originals. Well listen here buddy. The original tops are not useless relics. They are CLASSICS. They are considered some of the best toys ever made by many. The metal tops were nothing more than a marketing gimmick. If you want to be suckered in and collect the 7 HMS tops, start collecting the new ones and start your beyblade collection from scratch, that’s your loss. But don’t insult the real fans who refuse to abandon all that we ever cared about in beyblade. Bottom line, the classic tops were the best and anyone whos willing to trash them is not a true beyblade fan.

I'm sorry but you are retarded.

Where in Brad's argument did he say that you need to throw out your old collection. Please show me because I cannot find it anywhere. He said instead of whining about the past and spending large amounts of money on equipment that will get progressively more expensive you should put your money into a series that is being manufactured.

There are so many fallacies in your argument, I shall need to respond to them in a freakin' list

1) This is a company, they need to make money. So every time they released a new series they slowed down production of the old series. Plus Magnacore and Engine gear are part of the plastic line of beyblades, so I don't know why you separated them

2) Beyblade (plastic, HMS, MFB) are all made by Takara Tomy. They are different generations, and they are spinning top toys. You make the comparison of HMS to plastic with a lighter and playing cards. Those are two completely different products with two separate purposes, you cannot honestly compare them. All beyblades with all sharpened steel parts were not created by Takara, so they are not beyblades.

3) Bigger is Not always better.

4) How on earth were HMS difficult to customize. It's a freakin top! Take RC and place WD and AR on it. Twist Bit Protector on and you are done

5)Explain to me how battles were boring, and how they were too long. It's called a launch technique, use them. In fact here watch this and tell me how the battle was too long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSDWwZiwzd8 . Can you honestly tell me that battles with plastics such as 'zombies' were more action packed. You are arguing pure opinions here, and it is a weak one.

6) There were definitely more than 10 HMS released, so please do your research. Had the game not lost so much popularity by that point I am sure they would not have ceased production

7) Plus I also think you missed the point that HMS were part of Brad's argument. They stopped production in 2005. The new series is aimed toward a new audience, not to the old one. The prime market for these toys is for boys around 10 years old (like it or not). Reintroducing old equipment with old characters will alienate new players from the game. People like you who only want to buy old tops from resellers, do not add revenue to the company. I stated this before, since they are a business, they need to make money. They need to sell new equipment to do so to differentiate themselves from before.

At the end of the day you need to realize that this is a hobby, and hobbies cost money. How much you are willing to spend is truly up to you, and your business (I respect that). But for the love of god keep your excessive nostalgia and ignorance to yourself. This is supposed to be a rebirth of the game so stop raining on everybody's parade.
Most people here started with the Plastic beyblades, and we all still like to use them, along with the HMS.
But what we are trying to get across is that we are lucky to even see a new series of beyblade so we should support it 100% so it will last longer this time.
So we aren't saying throw away your old collection, just try and move on and focus on the new series, they preform better than the old ones already.
The medium and large weight disks work good. As for bases, draciel or drigger bases are what i usually use.

why are you quizzing me? why cant you stay on topic??