The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

(May. 26, 2011  10:02 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Yeah, I've gotta go with the Canucks now. Funny, it looked like we'd (The Hawks.) be around in May for games 4, 5, and 6 of round 1, but the Canucks pulled it together really fast.

You're talking about the Blackhawks, correct? I hate that team! I will NEVER , ever forgive that team for what they did to my Flyers last year. Anyway, to get back on topic, I hope Lightning wins later, as I also hate those dirty stinkin' Bruins!
Meh? To be fair, the Hawks were the better team last year. This year...well I just hope that we don't lose Corey Crawford... Plus, Blackhawks fans normally hate the Flyer anyway, and vice versa.
Ugh, clearly I will no longer publicly choose favourites anymore.
I didn't want to be the first to reply to this thread.

So I don't really know what to say.

It's great the city has banded together to clean up the mess its found itself in. You'll recover.

In other news, yay Winnipeg? Heh...
Erm...I don't know what to say. Man, did I have hopes for Vancouver. Why can't they quit getting stomped when it matters? It seems I spoke too soon with the "Monkey on Loungo's back" comment, didn't I? Well, time to gear up for next season!
Just thought of something, when I was thinking of that Antti Niemi poster on my wall. Well, this year was a total heartbreaker for Chicago, wasn't it? Bears? Bounced with a goodbye kick. 'Hawks? Bounced. Bulls? Bounced. Cubs? They suck. Sox? Waking up, but not much hope left. Rush? Last hope! Wolves? (AHL) They didn't even make the playoffs! (Eliminated in the last 3 days.) Chicago's motto for this year. "We'll get them next year...We hope."
Yah my big bad bruins finaly won a cup and its the best, GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on red wings we always have next year!
Well, the only thing the Hawks learned this season is that falling behind 3-0 isn't good, and that we should never trade Corey Crawford. Ever. Oh, and I don't like the Red Wings very much. They totally haunted the Hawks this year...

On another note: The Bruins are good, but they benefited from some spotty seeding. I hope the Lightning takes it to 'em next season. Revenge!
This is all a joke right guys? We didn't just trade one of the best hockey players in the NHL, and our captain to Columbus, right guys? I'm just dreaming, right?

I'm speechless...
Now you know how I felt after the Hawks got rid of Big Buff and Antti Niemi. And no, you're not dreaming. Erm... Try pinching yourself?
(Jun. 23, 2011  10:07 PM)To Wrote: This is all a joke right guys? We didn't just trade one of the best hockey players in the NHL, and our captain to Columbus, right guys? I'm just dreaming, right?

I'm speechless...

Well, we did. I am sorta sad too, To. I'm not that sad to see Carter go, but I did like Richie. On a happy note, the Flyers did sign Ilya Bryzgalov to a......wait for it.....WHOPPING 9 YEAR CONTRACT. Not all bad, right?
The Flyers got a lot in return for what they gave out, so I wouldn't be too sad about it if I were a Flyers fan. And then there is also the addition of Bryzgalov, which all of these trades have hinged around. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the pressure of being in a market like Philadelphia as opposed to what he has become accustomed to over his NHL career.

I'm just sad right now that the Coyotes weren't able to re-sign Bryzgalov, purely due to their financial situation, which essentially bars them from signing any high profile free agents :\ ... I'm just hoping they can re-sign Yandle, at the very least!
9 years is way too long of a contract for Ilya. I honestly expect maybe 3-5 good seasons out of him. The rest of that contract will end up being spent as a backup, or in the AHL.

I don't really care about Carter. He's notorious for having been a negative influence on the team (going back to his excessive party nights with Lupul, and Richards), and only scores so much because he takes a billion shots. His offense can be replaced by the likes of JVR, and Giroux.

I'm just wondering where we're going to get a complete player to replace Richards. He was great on the ice as defense, and as a forward.

The reason they got the boot obviously has to do with management no longer wanting to deal with their antics.

(Jun. 23, 2011  10:32 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Now you know how I felt after the Hawks got rid of Big Buff and Antti Niemi. And no, you're not dreaming. Erm... Try pinching yourself?

Neither of those two players were signed to 15 year deals, were the captain of your team, and hope for the future.
Yes, but they WERE big parts of the reason that the 'Hawks were contenders. They were also fan favorites that were sorely missed this year. Think about it, the salary cap killed the Hawks. Those two being gone, along with other losses, were the main reason the Hawks even had to deal with the Canucks so early. Maybe they wouldn't have repeated, but with those two, we at least make it out of the first round. In Corey Crawford's defense, he did pretty damn well to fill some huge shoes.
Phoenix re-signed Yandle for five years today. I'm glad to know Maloney hasn't completely lost it!
9-8 WHAT IS THIS THE 60S WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU DARN HIPPIES
(Oct. 28, 2011  2:49 AM)To Wrote: 9-8 WHAT IS THIS THE 60S WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU DARN HIPPIES

lol

I admired Bryzgalov's honesty after the game. He's always been a really introspective guy. He doesn't blame others for his poor play.
I don't know much about hockey. All I know is a player named PK Subban. Is he good? I have an autograph from him, but, sadly I erased it by accident Unhappy
Over the hump that was Detroit for now. 12 points is good, but I have a nagging feeling that the Hawks coulda beaten the Bruins. And they just got blanked by Carolina. But Patrick Kane's spin moves on Tuesday? Nice. Welcome to the arsenal of moves, Spin. But Boston is doing terrible. That's a shock. And the Edmonton Oilers are winning games. Shocker.
It's like a roller coaster. There's ups, there's downs. There's goals all around.

(Oct. 28, 2011  7:53 PM)Cookies^^ Wrote: I don't know much about hockey. All I know is a player named PK Subban. Is he good? I have an autograph from him, but, sadly I erased it by accident Unhappy

Yeah, PK Subban is a pretty good hockey player.

But how does someone erase an autograph? Did you get him to write it with a pencil on your math homework or something?
We'll see how they're doing when the playoffs are around the corner.
holy carp Minnesotas #1 in the league baby, with heatley and setoguchi we will PWN all.
Kinda unfair. Minnesota is tied with Chicago and Philly for 2nd. Of COURSE Pittsburgh is at the top with Crosby back. Geez, can you guys give the rest of us a break? Also: Edmonton is good now. Man, did the Hawks get drubbed by 'em. When was the last time anyone scored 9 points on anyone? (I really want to know. That wasn't rhetorical.) And what's up with the 51 year-old backup in Minnesota?
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:13 AM)Temporal Wrote: Kinda unfair. Minnesota is tied with Chicago and Philly for 2nd. Of COURSE Pittsburgh is at the top with Crosby back. Geez, can you guys give the rest of us a break? Also: Edmonton is good now. Man, did the Hawks get drubbed by 'em. When was the last time anyone scored 9 points on anyone? (I really want to know. That wasn't rhetorical.) And what's up with the 51 year-old backup in Minnesota?

3 weeks ago

I won't comment on the winter classic, so I'll leave you all with this:

[Image: 4YJKb.png]