Stamina Test: SD

Seems as if nobody has taken on the monotonous task of thoroughly testing SD yet. So, I did!

Virgo DF145D vs. Virgo DF145SD
Balance Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher for both
20 Battles

Results:
Virgo DF145SD: 18 wins
Virgo DF145D: 2 wins
SD win percentage: 90%

Most of Virgo DF145SD's wins were by a considerable margin, it was not often close in who would win. SD doesn't have any of the balance problems that other Sharp tips have.

My D has been used extensively, but is still in relatively good condition. The results are probably skewed towards SD because of this, but I can't imagine using a mint D would change the outcome of this so dramatically as to rule out SD's usefulness. If someone would do this same test, but with a mint D, perhaps we could reach a more accurate conclusion. But, that being said, I do believe that SD would achieve at least a 50% win percentage against a mint D.

SD should be added to the list of options for competitive MFB Stamina customs.
If it's possible could you do a similar test with each vs some sort of attack type? One thing I do notice is that D is better for stabilizing than B. It also has less of a tendency to move around. Libra seems to also have a bit of a ... "smash" attack and when I test my Virgo DF145D against MF LibraC145WB there are some hits this becomes a factor in.
(Aug. 11, 2009  6:08 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: If it's possible could you do a similar test with each vs some sort of attack type? One thing I do notice is that D is better for stabilizing than B. It also has less of a tendency to move around. Libra seems to also have a bit of a ... "smash" attack and when I test my Virgo DF145D against MF LibraC145WB there are some hits this becomes a factor in.

Sure. I will do that tomorrow.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Up until now, I would use D because it was better at stabilizing than B. SD would be my Stamina Bottom of choice now, however.

I did do some tests against Libra customs, and Virgo DF145SD consistently won. I can do some more extensive tests if you'd like though; but I am sure the result will be more or less the same.

Edit: Should also add that both Virgos were the purple versions from RBV2, and both have similar solo spin times. They both have the same molds, as far as I can tell.
Nah, I'd just be more concerned about stability issues. For stamina types since the track is... thinner, DF145 compared to a C145 when they get knocked off balance and can't stabilize this becomes their major down fall. In the odd battle against Defense types I've noticed for competitive uses the one with the more surefire way of avoiding this occurrence is best.

Considering VirgoDF145B is more than enough to defeat the top tier Defense Type, it'd just be interesting to see how much better Virgo DF145SD will do against Attack types in comparison, again this'll be more of a stability issue . You never know what you'll come up against when you choose a combo, you can only guess. maximizing your chances against everything with one combo really helps.
If I had to choose between Virgo DF145B or SD to face an Attack type, I would definitely choose B. I can't see SD having more Defense than B does. But, I will still try it out and post my results tomorrow.

Edit: Should also add that both Virgos were the purple versions from RBV2, and both have similar solo spin times. They both have the same molds, as far as I can tell. (Added this to the OP)
can you switch the Wheels around and do a few more tests just to be sure?

the color and booster it came from are irrelevant

very interesting all the same
(Aug. 11, 2009  6:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: can you switch the Wheels around and do a few more tests just to be sure?

the color and booster it came from are irrelevant

very interesting all the same

Will do.

I know, but like I said, they both tended to have the same solo spin time when using the same parts.
(Aug. 11, 2009  6:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: can you switch the Wheels around and do a few more tests just to be sure?

Switched them up, did 10 battles, and the results were ...

Virgo DF145SD: 8 wins
Virgo DF145D: 1 win
1 draw

... not very different.

I'm not sure I can explain why SD is taking down D so easily. Comparing them, SD is a lot narrower than D (hence, it's name SHARP Defense), yet it doesn't experience any of the balance issues that BS and S do. SD seems like it is the perfect compromise between D and S, allowing for maximum Stamina.

For you Hiro, I tested it against a staple Attack type.

Virgo DF145SD vs. Storm Pegasis 100RF
Attack Stadium
Virgo DF145SD shot first
Beylauncher (Storm Pegasis)/Right Launcher (Virgo)
20 battles

Results:
Storm Pegasis 100RF: 17 wins
Virgo DF145SD: 3 wins
Virgo DF145SD win percentage: 15%

The 3 losses Storm Pegasis suffered were probably due some error in my sliding shoot.

Also, as an additional note; HF/S sucks lol. I tested it out of curiosity and it has the same issues as BS and S (albeit maybe to a lesser extent).
SD sounds great, then.
Yeah SD definitely sounds like a keeper. Not much difference in results compared to a D, so between the two, might as well just stick with SD honestly. Regardless, both are still relatively difficult to acquire >>

Thanks for the testing though, I'll add the information to my data ahaha!~
SD is all over the place in the new boosters.
/retarded

Even better, well... I have three D's now 'cause I bought a Leone Starter, the Lite Launcher'll come in handy, or at least it's prongs will Tongue_out

I'd been meaning to test SD myself actually, but it's really hard coaxing my friend into testing it with me, even he finds Stamina types boring Uncertain
I'm glad someone finally tested SD. DIdn't think it would turn out to work so well for stamina customs, though. This gives me another/good reason to buy a Dark Bull, then.
(Aug. 12, 2009  10:51 PM)StormDriger Wrote: SO SD is the way to go for stamina?

The tests sort of speak for themselves, don't they?
Yup. Im not going to build the combo but i know Omega might want to hear about this
Wow i did'nt know about this and i already had dark bull what an idiot i am but what about the H145 on dark bull is that a better defense type track than C145 ? just out of curiosity.
Because the "horns" on H145 extend past the perimeter of some Wheels, a lot of recoil is produced when using it in battle. This is not something you want for a Defense-type. C145 is better.
ok then thanks for the info.
Sorry to ask but what combo would be better flame saggitario D125D or flame saggitario D125SD ?