Stamina-Defence Combo: Thermal Pisces DF145JB

I just got my first few MFB's today, I know they were bad choices but I got Killer Gemios DF145FS, Rock Escolpio T125JB, and Thermal Pisces T125ES. As I tested them out I came across this combo. It held its own against the few beyblades I was able to make but it had impressive defence due to JB which I also found to have nice stamina. DF145 being a top tier part did good. And to my suprise Thermal had amazing stamina (if you ask me top tier worth) and even nice defence.I didn't find the weight of the clear wheels to have much impact on the combo so I picked Pisces because I think it looks the best. If someone with a bigger collection could test it out against an attacker and post thier results it would really be appreciated.
I've always had an interest in JB. But it's supposedly not that useful.

Thermal is not suitable for defense or stamina since it's awkwardly shaped and too light.
(Apr. 18, 2010  4:46 AM)NAP Wrote: Thermal is not suitable for defense or stamina since it's awkwardly shaped and too light.

Thermal could potentially be a top tier stamina wheel, actually.
Maybe Thermal Gemios instead of Pisces? I doubt its much of a difference but its lighter than Pisces and better for stamina.
Ya, it workred a little bit better with Gemios but the difference is barely noticable. And as Aqua said Thermal is really good for stamina. But I truley felt that the Thermal-JB partnership worked well because I found Rock Escolpio T125JB able to beat Thermal Pisces T125ES every game. In fact after ten rounds Thermal Pisces only won once. I realized that Rock Escolpio was winning because JB had very good stamina (alot better than WB) and very good defence also.
(Apr. 18, 2010  7:14 PM)SilverWind Wrote: I found Rock Escolpio T125JB able to beat Thermal Pisces T125ES every game. In fact after ten rounds Thermal Pisces only won once. I realized that Rock Escolpio was winning because JB had very good stamina (alot better than WB) and very good defence also.

or that the combination of T125 and ES sucks... and it does.
The basic theory I used when making this combo was that maybe the combination of a stamina type wheel and a defence type bottom can have positive results. I undersand that ES is a bad part but the average spin time of Thermal Pisces DF145ES is 3:34 while the average spin time of Thermal Pisces DF145JB is 2:16. While the first combo seems to be better the results where quite different. I tested them each in 10-round matches against a horrible combo I made to show the improvement, Killer Gemios T125FS.
Thermal Pisces DF145ES vs. Killer Gemios T125FS

Round 1: Gemios by outspin.
Round 2: Pisces by outspin.
Round 3: Gemios by outspin.
Round 4: Pisces by outspin.
Round 5: Gemios by KO.
Round 6: Pisces by outspin.
Round 7: Pisces by outspin.
Round 8: Pisces by outspin.
Round 9: Gemios by outspin.
Round 10: Pisces by outspin.

Pisces: 6
Gemios: 4

Thermal Pisces DF145JB vs. Killer Gemios T125FS
Round 1: Pisces by outspin.
Round 2: Pisces by outspin.
Round 3: Gemios by outspin.
Round 4: Pisces by outspin.
Round 5: Pisces by KO.
Round 6: Pisces by outspin.
Round 7: Pisces by outspin.
Round 8: Pisces by outspin.
Round 9: Gemios by outspin.
Round 10: Pisces by outspin.

Pisces: 8
Gemios: 2

As you see even though ES is better for stamina than JB the results with JB were better. As now I have some formal results for my theory in the first sentence.
To fully test a combo you need to be able to test it against all types of blade. Thermal may have good stamina but this won't help if it can't hold up to a hit by a top tier attack combo. Also the parts you have aren't great, ES is terrible for stamina. Aside from this though Thermal does have top tier stamina potential.
(Apr. 30, 2010  11:55 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Thermal may have good stamina but this won't help if it can't hold up to a hit by a top tier attack combo.

I thought Top tier attack combos have over 90% win rate against stamina combos. Holding up to a hit would be more inclined to defence. It is more or less an auto-loss in the Stamina Blade's respect.
Maybe they do. Don't really care, just saying that if a stamina combo is too light then it can be knocjed out the ring easily. A good stamina combo should be able to battle effectively against all types in my opinion. May not work out like this but oh well.
That I understand and tonight I will be doing tests with Storm Pegasus 100RF.
A bad combo beating a worse combo does not make it good...
(May. 01, 2010  5:00 PM)SilverWind Wrote: That I understand and tonight I will be doing tests with Storm Pegasus 100RF.

Lol we all already know that this is a top-tier combo. It doesn't need re-proving.

To be honest, this combo of Thermal Pisces DF145JB seems pretty average, or only slightly above at max. It's win rates are quite close to bad combos, so it doesn't really show anything outstanding
Sorry but I wasn't able to do testing this weekend cause my friend with Storm Pegasus 100RF was busy. You can expect it this weekend along with 2-3 videos on my youtube channel (hopefully an AMV!!!)
I still have hope that Thermal is a top tier stamina wheel. I'd love to see more tests with better parts besides JB and ES.
(May. 09, 2010  4:06 PM)Corey Wrote: I still have hope that Thermal is a top tier stamina wheel.

Why do you say that as if Thermal was already deemed useless or something? Thermal hasn't been added to the competitive combo list yet because....

(May. 06, 2010  2:51 AM)Aqua Wrote: I think people would feel more comfortable in adding Thermal to the Competitive Combos list if proper, more thorough tests were done.

Hopefully some can be done in the near future.
(May. 09, 2010  4:50 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(May. 09, 2010  4:06 PM)Corey Wrote: I still have hope that Thermal is a top tier stamina wheel.

Why do you say that as if Thermal was already deemed useless or something? Thermal hasn't been added to the competitive combo list yet because....

(May. 06, 2010  2:51 AM)Aqua Wrote: I think people would feel more comfortable in adding Thermal to the Competitive Combos list if proper, more thorough tests were done.

Hopefully some can be done in the near future.

Only because of the unfounded opinion of:
(Apr. 18, 2010  4:46 AM)NAP Wrote: Thermal is not suitable for defense or stamina since it's awkwardly shaped and too light.
Tested it with with Pegasis's Storm Pegasis 100RF and it went 5-5 I still think thats decent.
In what stadium? If its in Thunder Whip, thats garbage.
(Jun. 09, 2010  10:37 PM)Dan Wrote: In what stadium? If its in Thunder Whip, thats garbage.

If you took a peek in his sig, you would see he uses a Draciel Fortress, and mobile stadium.

You're right though -- The results are garbage because of the stadiums.
(Jun. 09, 2010  11:21 PM)Corey Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2010  10:37 PM)Dan Wrote: In what stadium? If its in Thunder Whip, thats garbage.

If you took a peek in his sig, you would see he uses a Draciel Fortress, and mobile stadium.

Haha, alright.
I suppose those aren't too bad, are they?
I have no clue about Plastic Stadiums except the Dranzer one (Orange, flame or something).
(May. 01, 2010  12:03 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Maybe they do. Don't really care, just saying that if a stamina combo is too light then it can be knocjed out the ring easily. A good stamina combo should be able to battle effectively against all types in my opinion. May not work out like this but oh well.

Hmm, thats where your wrong my friend. Stamina combo is made to beat Defense combo as a Defense combo doesn't attack and the stamina outlasts it. A defense is made to beat an Attack because it doesn't get knocked out of the stadium so easily due to it's weight, and finally an attack combo is made to beat, you guessed it, a stamina combo because generally stamina combos are made to be very lightweight with the exception that the Bull clear wheel is good with stamina even though its the heaviest clear wheel due to it's good weight distribution. Do you get it now? you don't make a stamina combo to beat an attack type because if you notice your combo is withstanding a lot of hits it probably means it's not a stamina combo at all and probably a defense.
(Jun. 10, 2010  12:45 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2010  11:21 PM)Corey Wrote:

Haha, alright.
I suppose those aren't too bad, are they?
I have no clue about Plastic Stadiums except the Dranzer one (Orange, flame or something).

Well the mobile stadium is completely flat...and the draciel fortress stadium isn't exactly sloped either.