Revenge of Clear Wheels: We Do Matter!

This thread is to speak about the importance of clear wheels in certain customs. In the metagame, clear wheel choices are important with both stamina and defense customizations but not so often with attackers. That is understandable BUT in some cases, with other customs such as the destabilizers, the clear wheels are especially important. Lately, I have been noticing a lot of things referring to Flame Bull 100SF. I have seen people list it as Flame____100 SF which implies that the clear wheel doesnt matter. In fact, it does. I have tested this by changing the clear wheel to Libra. Flame Libra 100SF does not destabilize well at all. In fact, the clear wheel causes a smashing effect with the gaps and protrusions it has. This smash effect drastically cuts down on its stamina and does not allow a long enough battle to effectively destabilize and outlast stamina types. I have also changed the clear wheel to Sagittario and it still did not do the job like Bull does. The Bull clear wheel provides not only the increased spin rate but longer spin rate as well along with the fact that it is practically flat and there are no protrusions in the way of Flame to interfere with the combo's destabilizing ability. The only exception I see with destabilizers is currently MF L Drago 100WF seeing as how it cannot use a clear wheel. I believe that this should be looked into further because even with Storm Libra 100RF, I got a different type of attack. It was more like the clear wheel did the attacking and not only that, when the clear wheel and Storm worked together effectively, it seemed to create more of a smash effect. I also think the Escorpio clear wheel will be great for destabilizing since its protrusions seem like they can be used for it but I could be wrong and it could create the same effect Libra did but I can't test it because I do not currently have an Escorpio clear wheel on hand. Don't dismiss this. Look into it.
It would help if u did tests comparing clear wheels, especially on attack types.
It would indeed but considering I'm strapped for time right now since I need to practice for a tourney today then I wont really have all that time. I mentioned it so others could test until I can post my results.
The clear wheel can affect the movement of the attacker.Using bull then gemios , can cause significant amount of change in movement because of weight loss.
I've found that using the aries clear wheel in a low attacker combo, like my favorite Storm aries 100RF helps quite a bit with freak KOs.

It exposes a bit more metal on storm than pegasis does, but in way that if you hit the opponent right, more metal makes contact with the opposing bey which isn't brusted off immediately by plastic.

The spikes help too, and the few dents in my aries clear wheel shows that clear wheel to opposing bey contact does indeed exist.
I think everyone would agree that clear wheels do matter.
Especially on 90 height attack combos, defense combos, and stamina combos.

I'm thinking Cancer/Aquila is the best for 90 height attackers.
Yah I agree they are important because they do affect the beyblade's performance. Just compare bull and gemios with a RF and you'll see the difference.
Hmm... Dont clear wheels only effect the weight? (and only slightly, right?)......Just a thought, as the clear wheel never makes contact with the opposing blade.
(Sep. 05, 2010  1:22 AM)Blad3r X Wrote: Hmm... Dont clear wheels only effect the weight? (and only slightly, right?)......Just a thought, as the clear wheel never makes contact with the opposing blade.
At low heights some clear wheels DO make contact with the opposing bey.
(Sep. 05, 2010  1:22 AM)Blad3r X Wrote: Hmm... Dont clear wheels only effect the weight? (and only slightly, right?)......Just a thought, as the clear wheel never makes contact with the opposing blade.

dude even though clear wheel add a tiny weight it does increase the weight doesn't it and it is for identification of the bey even if you put a metal face on a bey you will know what's the name of that bey based on the clear wheel. i have three beys with diff. height one of my bey is busted because of the clear wheel it has a fracture on it cause it has a small height and several hits on the clear wheel
I think they also effect the way the bey moves, and LLDrago's Clear Wheel does make contact with opposing beys
Well, the lighter clear wheels tend to be for attack types and heavier ones for dedense. stamina needs to be somewhere in between there. thats what i think anyone

CLEAR WHEELS RULE!
What makes you say that lighter= faster? but i find More weight on outside= fast
where did you get faster from? i said the lighter clear wheels were better for attack types to allow greater movement. not faster. read what i posted
(Sep. 06, 2010  2:40 AM)Leonwind Wrote: where did you get faster from? i said the lighter clear wheels were better for attack types to allow greater movement. not faster. read what i posted

They don't though. The only way for the clear wheel to affect movement speed would be if weight was focused on the outside.
(Sep. 05, 2010  2:14 PM)hunterken48 Wrote:

dude even though clear wheel add a tiny weight it does increase the weight doesn't it and it is for identification of the bey even if you put a metal face on a bey you will know what's the name of that bey based on the clear wheel.

I believe we already know this...
(Sep. 06, 2010  2:42 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2010  2:40 AM)Leonwind Wrote: where did you get faster from? i said the lighter clear wheels were better for attack types to allow greater movement. not faster. read what i posted

They don't though. The only way for the clear wheel to affect movement speed would be if weight was focused on the outside.

ok then. so then what good is a light clear wheel then? it seems that the only good clear wheel is a heavy one like Aquario or Bull and only for use in Defense and or balance type beys, and i know thats not true. we just need to figure out where attack and stamina type beys fit into all this.

oh attack rings and weight disks, how i miss your simplicity. Ldrago reminds me if those good old beys (need to get me an Ldrago lol)
actually, bull or cancer have slants and bumps which are optimum for destabilizers because they "lift" the opposing beys wheel to tilt it and throw it off balance.
clear wheels do matter.

they get in contact with the other beyblades during play and they also can be a hindrance to air resistance.

with the velocity these tops spin, the air turbulance on the top of the beyblades does matter with its performance.
Yeah I've tested the movement of Rock _____ 100F and with Cancer, it seems to go in more of a controlled circular patter that spirals out and then back in. I changed it to Pegasus and it was more erratic.
i have a rock aries does the clear aries fusion wheel help it please reply
The only wheels that matter, more or less, are aquario and Bull for stamina/defence.
Hah my mistake, as well as the beys with exclusive clear wheels (Lightning L drago, Meteo L drago, Gravity Perseus)
(Nov. 11, 2010  1:52 AM)princejr98 Wrote: i have a rock aries does the clear aries fusion wheel help it please reply

This doesn't seem like the right place to ask that. Not sure though.

Aries doesn't seem to have any importance in beyblade customizations currently.

Clear wheels really do matter in the end, proving that with physics. Not only the weight, but how it is distributed throughout the bey. Certain types need certain weight and distribution to work properly. Attack types need to distribute the weight outside to add to the attack force, etc.