Recent Beyblade Purchases

(Jul. 07, 2015  3:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: waiting for the DX set to show up for sale

The DX set seems like a good deal. It's only like $2 cheaper than buying Valkyrie and a stadium, but it does come with the String Launcher so I guess you get the bonus of having that early and saving a few bucks on it.

Another package came today. I played through Metal Fight Beyblade DS when I bought it, so I guess I'll give this one a shot too. I've played a bit of it through emulation and it didn't seem too bad, actually. I may pick up Bakuten Cyber Pegasis next, I'm not sure.

Now for the "Do I open it?" game again, haha. Already opened the game, just not Horuseus.
You may as well, I mean, if your not using it, it's good for display, and not opening it means no seeing the actual object anyway.
It depends: will MFB inspire the same fervent collector's market that plastic and HMS did? I'm unconvinced, but it could happen.
Yeah, it could be the design and concept but it could just be nostalgia.

Shining God MS to me is much cooler than even Inferno blue Kerbecs.
HMS was also produced in way smaller quantities than a lot of these MFB releases.
Carp, yeah I forgot, since NORMAL HMS aren't suppose to be rare but happen to be rarer than even some rare MFB, like Wolborg MS or Dragoon MSUV.
I'm pretty disappointed. The listing I bought from said that this was the Japanese version, but what I got was the Hasbro version... On the bright side, at least it's real. What's up with the outer box though? Was this some sort of special release, or is this how Hasbro ships their stock?

It's Hasbro's boxes for a recolour version if I correctly remember. It is 100% legit though. Nice find.
(Jul. 09, 2015  11:42 PM)Wizard Wrote: I'm pretty disappointed. The listing I bought from said that this was the Japanese version, but what I got was the Hasbro version... On the bright side, at least it's real. What's up with the outer box though? Was this some sort of special release, or is this how Hasbro ships their stock?

That was a limited hasbro release in Europe.

Man that sucks :\, where'd you buy it from?
@[ABCDCEFG] are you referring to the plain white box or the beyblade (Hasbro Mercury Anubis)?
That Mercury Anubis was given out through Toys R Us, I believe as well as given out at a few expos by Hasbro in Canada. I have one but I can't remember where exactly I got it from. Possibly a Toys R Us tournament.
I heard it was a Canada exclusive. Only available via participating in Toys R Us tournaments.
(Jul. 10, 2015  1:36 AM)LMAO Wrote: That Mercury Anubis was given out through Toys R Us, I believe as well as given out at a few expos by Hasbro in Canada. I have one but I can't remember where exactly I got it from. Possibly a Toys R Us tournament.

So basically don't open it? I got it for $8 Wut!?
(Jul. 10, 2015  2:19 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2015  1:36 AM)LMAO Wrote: That Mercury Anubis was given out through Toys R Us, I believe as well as given out at a few expos by Hasbro in Canada. I have one but I can't remember where exactly I got it from. Possibly a Toys R Us tournament.

No, it's actually very common. Go ahead and open it Smile
(Jul. 10, 2015  2:19 AM)Wizard Wrote:

I bought a lot of 6 for $20 a couple days after I joined the WBO.. None of them came in the white box, so I say keep it sealed.

And I guess I ripped people off by selling them for close to $20 each about 8 months ago... Whoops (but not for my savings funds Wink )

EDIT: Was it free shipping?
Really? I heard it a limited release from Europe when i asked in a the Q&A thread like a year ago.

Maybe I missread something .
(Jul. 10, 2015  2:49 AM)ABCDCEFG Wrote: Really? I heard it a limited release from Europe when i asked in a the Q&A thread like a year ago.

Maybe I missread something .

Quote:Hasbro released Mercury Anubius 85XF Brave Ver. on March 16, 2013. It came in a booster with no ripcord laucher, similiar to the Hasbro release of Black Hole Galaxy Pegasus. It was only obtainable in tournaments in participating Toys "R" Us stores across Canada.

Quote:This is the only Metal Fury bey that was not released into regular stores.

Above is from Beyblade Wikia. Meh, I'll leave it in the box. I was going to do so if it was Takara anyway.

(Jul. 10, 2015  2:38 AM)Hato Wrote: Was it free shipping?

Yup. It took a few days, but it was free nonetheless.
I bet that would sell for a decent price on Yahoo Japan.
(Jul. 10, 2015  2:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I bet that would sell for a decent price on Yahoo Japan.

Not too sure about that haha, the metal wheel is completely hollowed unlike the Tamara Tomy one. I have like 3 nib, so if it is worth anything on YJA I'd be more than glad to sell it.
Performance doesn't matter. At least in my experience, limited overseas recolors are popular with hardcore Japanese collectors. But that was back before MFB ...
Eh nowadays Hasbro has some really bad recolours.

EDIT: Unless you meant Takara Tomy Beyblades.
(Jul. 10, 2015  7:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Performance doesn't matter. At least in my experience, limited overseas recolors are popular with hardcore Japanese collectors. But that was back before MFB ...

If its just for aesthetics then I can see why they would want it. No ones ever interested in MFB recolours unless they're really limited or rare. But I'll definitely try to sell it though, thanks Brad!
(Jul. 10, 2015  7:46 PM)LMAO Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2015  7:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Performance doesn't matter. At least in my experience, limited overseas recolors are popular with hardcore Japanese collectors. But that was back before MFB ...

If its just for aesthetics then I can see why they would want it. No ones ever interested in MFB recolours unless they're really limited or rare. But I'll definitely try to sell it though, thanks Brad!

They have the red Anubis in Japan, it's the brave version. In this case they would be buying it because you have the limited Hasbro version.

I remember when MFB first came out, people were still paying higher prices for some beys specifically because they wanted the TT version, when there were no noticeable differences between it and the Hasbro version.

(Jul. 10, 2015  7:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Eh nowadays Hasbro has some really bad recolours.

Most Hasbro recolors are bad in my opinion. Remember that mucus green Aquario?
(Jul. 10, 2015  7:49 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2015  7:46 PM)LMAO Wrote:

They have the red Anubis in Japan, it's the brave version. In this case they would be buying it because you have the limited Hasbro version.

I remember when MFB first came out, people were still paying higher prices for some beys specifically because they wanted the TT version, when there were no noticeable differences between it and the Hasbro version.

(Jul. 10, 2015  7:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Eh nowadays Hasbro has some really bad recolours.

Most Hasbro recolors are bad in my opinion. Remember that mucus green Aquario?

Like 99% of them, but seriously the Sparks FX were mostly barf inducing, some 2 packs Beyblades looked okay and some weren't good. The colours were usually always randomly mashed together to blend with the TV show "Problem Solverz".
FWIW, I once traded 12 Hyperblades with a Japanese parent for 100+ unopened HMS. So that's where my experience is coming from. :')