Proposal: Split the Decorated Parts Prohibition Clause

Hello friends,

If you've seen my beys in the WBO Discord, or if you've battled with me in real life, you know I love putting stickers on my beys. I believe that custom stickers are a great way to further customize your bey without affecting its performance. Making gear bit stickers for my Beyblade X beys has been one of the most enjoyable parts of customization for me, and I can tell that many others in the community enjoy this form of decoration as well. Unofficial stickers are also a great option to replace official stickers once the adhesive has worn off or the stickers have become damaged without having to buy a whole new bey just for the stickers.

On the other hand, unofficial paint jobs can be a lot more difficult to determine what effect they may have on the battle. Additionally, depending on the quality of the paint job, it may end up damaging an opponent's bey or the stadium being used, it may make fakes more difficult to spot, among many other concerns organizers and players may have. I believe there's quite a big difference between unofficial stickers and unofficial paint jobs. As such, I'd like to propose that the Decorated Parts Prohibition Clause (which currently prohibits both unofficially painted/clear-coated Beyblade parts as well as unofficial stickers) be removed and replaced by two separate clauses.

REMOVED: Decorated Parts Prohibition
  • Bladers may not use parts that have been decorated in the following ways for this Tournament:
    • Parts that have been painted/clear-coated unofficially.
    • Parts that have been decorated with unofficial/homemade stickers.
ADDED: Paint Decoration Prohibition
  • Bladers may not use parts that have been painted/clear-coated unofficially.
ADDED: Sticker Decoration Prohibition
  • Bladers may not use parts that have been decorated with unofficial/homemade stickers.
(Edit: Alternatively, the old clause could be kept and just the new ones could be added, so that organizers can still use the broader clause or choose to be more specific if they wish.)

I understand that some organizers enact the Decorated Parts Prohibition Clause for their tournaments specifically due to concerns with paint, and they don't necessarily want to also ban stickers. This change would allow organizers to prohibit one type of part decoration without the other getting caught in the crossfire, allowing them to have more freedom to decide which clause is right for their tournament and their players. Those who wish to only ban painted parts out of any of the aforementioned concerns would be able to do so without sacrificing the use of stickers and vice-versa. The separation would still allow organizers to prohibit both for any given reason to do so if they wish. 
I consider paint and stickers to be different things and factors and feel like if people don't want paint ok fine, but stickers being bundled in I don't think makes sense as of now.

[Image: rfKxqCt.png]
also look at this thing? ^ pretty good convincing argument to allow it to be separate clauses!