Proposal: Ranked Clauses Suggestions Patch

Greetings WBO tournament go-ers,

Resident proposal spammer here. It's been half a year since WBO dropped the Ranked Clauses 1.0 patch. I had a few suggestions in mind based on community feedback, discussion, and some personal subjective opinions. The goal was to reduce friction by streamlining the Clauses and adding a few features.

All Burst Formats
Okay first off, I would like to suggest adding these 2 clauses to "All Burst Formats".

NEW: Banlist Variation: Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift Ban
  • The following Drivers may not be used in this tournament: Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift

NEW: Banlist Variation: Drift, Metal Drift Ban
  • The following Drivers may not be used in this tournament: Drift, Metal Drift

The change here would be moving the Drift bans to "All Burst Formats". The reason for this is two-fold:

1. Clarity. This reduces clutter in other formats' clauses. It is also easier for an Organizer and Player to understand that "You're able to ban BDr or Dr in any Burst format."

2. Burst GT now has access to these bans. Some organizers have been using a "gentlemen's agreement" instead of a Ranked Clause.

Burst Limited
Next, the Burst Limited Clauses.

First suggestion: Combine the "LAD Floor Driver Set Ban" and "Destroy’ Ban" Ranked Clauses. Unban Zone'+Z and then add it to this Clause. This Clause was primarily designed to address the "Lower the LAD Floor" proposal by Wombat (https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-L...-LAD-Floor). I think it makes sense to put Destroy' and Zone'+Z in the same Clause.

Second suggestion: Add Twist-Q to the Hasbro Disc Clause, as it has the same utility as Over-Q.

Third suggestion: Replace the existing "Gambit, Whirl and Fierce QS Blade Ban", "Xiphoid QS Blade Ban", and "Banned God, Hasbro and Remake Layer Unban" Ranked Clauses. Ban Gambit, Whirl, Fierce, Xiphoid by default. Introduce these new clauses:

NEW: Banlist Variation: Hasbro Layer Unban
  • The following Energy Layer Bases and Layers may be used in this tournament: Gambit, Fierce, Whirl, Xiphoid, Balkesh B3, Turbo Spryzen S4

The Layers in this Clause have similar power levels and high Burst Resistance, so thus should be in the same Clause.

NEW: Banlist Variation: Requiem and Garuda Unban
  • The following Layers may also be used in this tournament: Spriggan Requiem, Spryzen Requiem S3, Garuda G3
  • Takara Tomy’s Maximum Garuda Layer may be used with any God Chip.

These Layers seem to have the same amount of format disruption. This clause does 2 things:

1. If people want to play BSL without QD/QS but for some reason want Requiem and Garuda legal like it was BST during the 6 months between February 2018 to August 2018.

2. Adds full power TT mG if someone decides to also use the Hasbro Layer unban.

Burst Classic
Finally, some Burst Classic Clauses:

First suggestion: In the "Dash Stall Driver Ban", add "Metal Destroy" and "Assault-Q". These seem to be oversights at the Mold 1 Metal Destroy and Assault-Q have the same high Burst Resistance as "Destroy'" and "Assault'", which are already covered by this Clause.

Second suggestion: A God Layer unban Clause as mentioned here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Proposa...God-Layers

NEW: Banlist Variation: God Layer Unban
  • The following Layers may also be used in this tournament: Cognite C3, God Valkyrie, Genesis Valtryek V3, Strike Valtryek V3, Guardian Kerbeus, Killer Deathscyther, Doomscizor D3, Kreis Satan, Satomb S3, Tornado Wyvern, Tempest Wyvron W3, Wonder Valtryek V4, Z Achilles A4

The last 4 Layers were never legal in BSC but were previously discussed as being weak enough for BSC. Included here for consideration.
I approve of these. More flexibility is never a bad thing, and honestly things like Wonder Valtryek feel more at home in Classic than just about anywhere else.
(Jan. 06, 2024  5:41 AM)KIO Wrote: Greetings WBO tournament go-ers,

Resident proposal spammer here. It's been half a year since WBO dropped the Ranked Clauses 1.0 patch. I had a few suggestions in mind based on community feedback, discussion, and some personal subjective opinions. The goal was to reduce friction by streamlining the Clauses and adding a few features.

All Burst Formats
Okay first off, I would like to suggest adding these 2 clauses to "All Burst Formats".

NEW: Banlist Variation: Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift Ban
  • The following Drivers may not be used in this tournament: Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift

NEW: Banlist Variation: Drift, Metal Drift Ban
  • The following Drivers may not be used in this tournament: Drift, Metal Drift

The change here would be moving the Drift bans to "All Burst Formats". The reason for this is two-fold:

1. Clarity. This reduces clutter in other formats' clauses. It is also easier for an Organizer and Player to understand that "You're able to ban BDr or Dr in any Burst format."

2. Burst GT now has access to these bans. Some organizers have been using a "gentlemen's agreement" instead of a Ranked Clause.

Burst Limited
Next, the Burst Limited Clauses.

First suggestion: Combine the "LAD Floor Driver Set Ban" and "Destroy’ Ban" Ranked Clauses. Unban Zone'+Z and then add it to this Clause. This Clause was primarily designed to address the "Lower the LAD Floor" proposal by Wombat (https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-L...-LAD-Floor). I think it makes sense to put Destroy' and Zone'+Z in the same Clause.

Second suggestion: Add Twist-Q to the Hasbro Disc Clause, as it has the same utility as Over-Q.

Third suggestion: Replace the existing "Gambit, Whirl and Fierce QS Blade Ban", "Xiphoid QS Blade Ban", and "Banned God, Hasbro and Remake Layer Unban" Ranked Clauses. Ban Gambit, Whirl, Fierce, Xiphoid by default. Introduce these new clauses:

NEW: Banlist Variation: Hasbro Layer Unban
  • The following Energy Layer Bases and Layers may be used in this tournament: Gambit, Fierce, Whirl, Xiphoid, Balkesh B3, Turbo Spryzen S4

The Layers in this Clause have similar power levels and high Burst Resistance, so thus should be in the same Clause.

NEW: Banlist Variation: Requiem and Garuda Unban
  • The following Layers may also be used in this tournament: Spriggan Requiem, Spryzen Requiem S3, Garuda G3
  • Takara Tomy’s Maximum Garuda Layer may be used with any God Chip.

These Layers seem to have the same amount of format disruption. This clause does 2 things:

1. If people want to play BSL without QD/QS but for some reason want Requiem and Garuda legal like it was BST during the 6 months between February 2018 to August 2018.

2. Adds full power TT mG if someone decides to also use the Hasbro Layer unban.

Burst Classic
Finally, some Burst Classic Clauses:

First suggestion: In the "Dash Stall Driver Ban", add "Metal Destroy" and "Assault-Q". These seem to be oversights at the Mold 1 Metal Destroy and Assault-Q have the same high Burst Resistance as "Destroy'" and "Assault'", which are already covered by this Clause.

Second suggestion: A God Layer unban Clause as mentioned here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Proposa...God-Layers

NEW: Banlist Variation: God Layer Unban
  • The following Layers may also be used in this tournament: Cognite C3, God Valkyrie, Genesis Valtryek V3, Strike Valtryek V3, Guardian Kerbeus, Killer Deathscyther, Doomscizor D3, Kreis Satan, Satomb S3, Tornado Wyvern, Tempest Wyvron W3, Wonder Valtryek V4, Z Achilles A4

The last 4 Layers were never legal in BSC but were previously discussed as being weak enough for BSC. Included here for consideration.
I agree with most of everything here, but I do have a few suggestions: a new Clause for limited "late god/early choZ ban" banning just those things. Things like nL, TN, gF, mG ect (maybe even drain, or maybe make that an additional Clause of just that layer). This Clause is a bit extreme, but it let's you almost make a sub format for the God stuff like alter chronos, legend spriggan, arc bahamut, deep chaos, and siege Xcalibur. I'd have to work out a proper banlist for this Clause, but that's the basics of it. The god banlist for classic is mad good too, and I actually think this helps accessibility and shakes up the format a lot.
These are good ideas that add more variety in tournaments. I especially agree with the baring drift ban!
Feb 2024 update: We have been graced with the God Layer clause

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...s-and-More