Pisces Discussion + a quick note on Aries

Sup.

I got my Pisces, Virgo and Aries set today, so I decided to do some testing on Pisces as a defence wheel. I was interested in its usage after watching DrigerGT's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdGXuOPO9_4

I tested Pisces against Ray Unicorno 100RF and MF Lightning L Drago 90RF, since I don't like MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF, I can't use MF Quetz CH120CS (rattles too much), I don't want to ruin my Pegasis for MF Pegasis CH120RF (or other variations), I can't use Quetz 90RF and I think Ray 100RF is better than Storm 100RF.

Anyway,
  • Pisces launched first
  • Banking for attack beys
  • Attack stadium
  • Beylauncher + Launcher grip + Bike handlebar rubber

MF Pisces R145WB (Click to View)
MF Pisces GB145WB: (Click to View)
MF Pisces C145WB: (Click to View)

Overall, it wasn't great with R145, though R145 does improve Libra, imo, but there's no point since Libra is banned. However, R145 on Earth produces the same results as GB145 in my testing with other combos. Pisces, in my opinion, has the potential to be a top tier defence wheel, alongside Earth, though only when paired with GB145 and C145. Through my testing, Pisces seems to be better than Earth generally in terms of defence.

If requested, I will try to compare it with Libra, but right now I cba.

Pisces as a stamina bey: (Click to View)

On a side note, I have tested Aries... (Click to View)
Shouldn't Aries get its own thread?

Good work. It's nice to see some more testing.
I'll link this to the Overlooked Parts thread.
Can you use the prefix in your thread?
It's not like Pisces is an overlooked part either; just not enough people had one spare for testing ...
I guess this is true....
I guess I don't know the difference from "Overlooked" and "Rare", haha.
Seems like Pisces and Aries isn't really worth it. So I probably won't buy it.
Libruhhh
(Aug. 03, 2010  11:18 AM)XDBeyblade Wrote: Seems like Pisces and Aries isn't really worth it. So I probably won't buy it.
Libruhhh

Pisces has a better win rate in 2 out of 3 tests than Earth as a defence custom. I don't think you should dismiss it just yet.
Have you tested it as a stamina blade?
(Aug. 03, 2010  12:22 PM)Corey Wrote: Have you tested it as a stamina blade?
If you meant 'it' as in Pisces, then Cpt. Squirrel has done some tests:
(Aug. 02, 2010  6:50 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:

If you were referring to Aries, then no. However, I am pretty interested in how Aries would perform as a low Attacker.
(Aug. 03, 2010  1:12 PM)Diamond Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2010  12:22 PM)Corey Wrote: Have you tested it as a stamina blade?
If you meant 'it' as in Pisces, then Cpt. Squirrel has done some tests:
(Aug. 02, 2010  6:50 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:

If you were referring to Aries, then no. However, I am pretty interested in how Aries would perform as a low Attacker.

Yeah, Pisces is pretty poor stamina wise.

I'm interested in Aries as an attacker too. I really do think it'd be like Leone, both in terms of recoil and smash attack.
(Aug. 03, 2010  1:12 PM)Diamond Wrote: I am pretty interested in how Aries would perform as a low Attacker.

Theflightyellz has commented about MF Aries 90RF and said it flings blades in the air, but I did some testing on it and it wasn't too great for me.
This further proves that different people handle combos differently.
Yes, yes. We get it. You love Moomoo Hurricane.
That wasn't necessarily a dig at that. I had always heard of people being unable to use certain combos. For example, I neither like nor can use Quetzalcoatl 90RF that well.
(Aug. 06, 2010  9:20 PM)The LVJ Wrote: This further proves that different people handle combos differently.

I think this is symptomatic of how well the community has done regarding customisations though, anyway. Beyblade is most fun when you can pick customisations depending on your own style; before, there were only one or two top-tier customisations in each Type, which was a bit boring, haha.

Most of this is down to the hard work a lot of you put into testing, so kudos to you guys. ^^
Why did you use Ray on 100 when it's better on higher tracks?
(Aug. 06, 2010  10:20 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Why did you use Ray on 100 when it's better on higher tracks?

Is it? I have never seen any tests with Ray as a high smasher.

The Ray Discussion thread is filled with tests on 90 and 100, but that's it.
Several people have said it is. Also when I tried Ray Pagasus 100RF it was awful but was much better with CH145 for the track. Never mind apparantly it is better on low track although I can't see why it would be cause it's a smash attack wheel so shouldn't it be better on a higher track. Oh well.
I'll probably do some testing on Pisces for defence in the next few days.
Well, I don't think Pisces is going to be a top-tier defence type.
Look at the test below.

MF Pisces C145WB VS. L Drago 100WF
on MFB balance(long wall) beystadium
Pisces lauched first

1. L Drago outspin
2. Pisces K.O.
3. L Drago K.O.
4. L Drago K.O.
5. Pisces K.O.
6. Pisces K.O.
7. Pisces K.O.
8. L Drago K.O.
9. K.O. Draw
10. K.O. Draw
11. K.O. Draw
12. Pisces K.O.
13. Pisces K.O.
14. L Drago outspin
15. L Drago K.O.
16. L Drago K.O.
17. L Drago K.O.
18. Pisces K.O.
19. L Drago K.O.
20. Pisces K.O.

Pisces Winning percentage: 40%(8/20)

Even L Drago, without any metal face, can K.O. or outspin Pisces.

My conclution is that Pisces can never have a top-tier defence combo, but maybe not bad.
(Aug. 12, 2010  5:34 AM)cangjieuser Wrote: on MFB balance(long wall) beystadium

Long wall?
These results were not even obtained from following and meeting our standardized testing requirements.
(Aug. 12, 2010  5:34 AM)cangjieuser Wrote: on MFB balance(long wall) beystadium
(Aug. 12, 2010  5:40 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Long wall?

He means Standard Stadium balance type with black stadium walls.