Nintendo 64

i had a NES but not a SNES. and i think the N64 looked fine. what do you expect from a console that was developed like what? 10 years ago? the technology back then was so much more limiting.

and i like the controller too. it was unique and the expansion option on the bottom was a good call by nintendo. it didnt get much use for awhile but they managed to eventually release a few good attachments. and the N64 was the first with rumble too right? i also liked how natural the middle part with the control stick and the z-trigger fit into your hand
Fleetscut Wrote:i had a NES but not a SNES. and i think the N64 looked fine. what do you expect from a console that was developed like what? 10 years ago? the technology back then was so much more limiting.

and i like the controller too. it was unique and the expansion option on the bottom was a good call by nintendo. it didnt get much use for awhile but they managed to eventually release a few good attachments. and the N64 was the first with rumble too right? i also liked how natural the middle part with the control stick and the z-trigger fit into your hand

N64 was also the first system with a joystick and camera control.
Fleetscut Wrote:i had a NES but not a SNES. and i think the N64 looked fine. what do you expect from a console that was developed like what? 10 years ago? the technology back then was so much more limiting.

I'm not reflecting back and saying I hate the controller.

I'm speaking from a past tense. I hated the controller when the N64 first released. lol

It was still my favorite system until 360 came around though. lol
*occasionally plays the original Smash Brothers and Pokemon Stadium 2 on an N64 emulator on his custom-firmwared PSP*
Roan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Isn't it tragic that I never owned a SNES?

I think its more tragic that I did own a SNES and didn't enjoy it very much.
Same Unhappy but then again I was only 2 years old when I got it Tongue_out

actually still have it, but most of my games don't work anymore, only ones that worked was this astroid kinda thing game and mario kart (I had 11 games i THINK)
ah N64 so much fun to play I have one at home and around 10 games. my fav games are:

Super Smash Bros. (duh)
Goldeneye 007*
Mario Golf
Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Zelda Ocarina of Time*
F-Zero X
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron*
Paper Mario*
Perfect Dark*
These are the games I grew up with and loved.

ones with stars are the ones I own.
hmm i forgot about rouge squadron. those were awsome games. though the ones for the GCN started to get a little stupid
Goldeneye 007 is one of my favourite games ever.

I remember playing that game for hours and hours when I was younger with my friends.
Lol, I still have my N64. My game library consists of:

-Super Mario 64
-Donkey Kong 64
-Pokemon Snap
-Mario Party
-NBA Live 98
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
-Star Wars Episode I Podracer

I had Super Smash Brothers, but that one has been lost. Goldeneye was unwittingly sold by my parents. Man, I would love to find those two games plus Pokemon Stadium, Ocarina of Time, and Paper Mario somewhere.
Pokemon Snap was to Pokemon Stadium what Pokemon Ranger was to Pokemon Diamond & Pearl; a childish little mini-game to keep the kiddies tided over until the real games came out.
shut the carp up ichida

pokemon snap was way better than poke stadium
You only think that because everyone's so used to the battle games that anything else seems innovative and interesting. Real Pokemon competitors like me are more than satisfied with battle. I don't have time to play a photography video game.
Ichida Wrote:You only think that because everyone's so used to the battle games that anything else seems innovative and interesting. Real Pokemon competitors like me are more than satisfied with battle. I don't have time to play a photography video game.

wow pokemon gamers are hardcore

jesus christ
Ichida Wrote:You only think that because everyone's so used to the battle games that anything else seems innovative and interesting. Real Pokemon competitors like me are more than satisfied with battle. I don't have time to play a photography video game.

....Do you realize how stupid you just made yourself sound? Seriously, reread the post.

Pokemon Snap was as fun as hell. But, admittedly, after I got to where I could shoot through the game in one day, I decided to lay down the controller. But I came back serveral months later to outdo my scores. Oh, and the Elite 8 on Pokemon Stadium with rented Pokemon were pains in the arses.
Check the site I go to. PokeCommunity. It's filled with hardcore players like me. They even started a freaking FANCLUB for me to encourage the competitive dogma I play by.
Ichida Wrote:Check the site I go to. PokeCommunity. It's filled with hardcore players like me. They even started a freaking FANCLUB for me to encourage the competitive dogma I play by.

You mean, they singled you out so people would know who to laugh at?
Pfft. I'd link you to it right now but the server's under maintenance right now. Here's the site so you can see it when it's back up: http://www.pkmncommunity.com
Ichida Wrote:Pfft. I'd link you to it right now but the server's under maintenance right now. Here's the site so you can see it when it's back up: http://www.pkmncommunity.com

I'll be waiting with bated breath....
Both Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium are tons of fun. I saved up for weeks doing things for the neighbors to buy both on the release dates. Great games. Stadium 2 isn't as good, due to the fact that it's impossible to select your own Pokemon.
Ichida Wrote:Check the site I go to. PokeCommunity. It's filled with hardcore players like me. They even started a freaking FANCLUB for me to encourage the competitive dogma I play by.

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPP

POKEMON SNAP NEVER PRETENDED TO BE A POKEMON BATTLING GAME

IT WAS STILL A FUN GAME

SHUT THE carp UP
Ichida Wrote:Pokemon Snap was to Pokemon Stadium what Pokemon Ranger was to Pokemon Diamond & Pearl; a childish little mini-game to keep the kiddies tided over until the real games came out.

i loved snap. i played it for hours when i was a kid. it was just so dam fun. especially when the pokemon you were taking pictures of did the funniest things
Fleetscut Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:Pokemon Snap was to Pokemon Stadium what Pokemon Ranger was to Pokemon Diamond & Pearl; a childish little mini-game to keep the kiddies tided over until the real games came out.

i loved snap. i played it for hours when i was a kid. it was just so dam fun. especially when the pokemon you were taking pictures of did the funniest things
Yeah, I know! That was the fun of it--taking pictures of Pokemon and getting the best shots. It had good replay value for a while. Turning the Magikarp into Gyarados was awesome.

Imagine if they made a Pokemon Snap 2. Considering that there are almost 500 Pokemon now, I think it would be so much more fun.
there was also something with a volcano right? if you dropped an egg in it would turn into moltres? i loved seeing it when it hatched
I would kill for a Wii Pokemon Snap. Really.

I will murder you to get it.
that would be interesting. especially with the wiimote. though its been a long time since Snap and i doubt the developers are considering it. though with nintendo you never know. the wiimote itself was from outta left field