New adult member to WBO and Beyblades.

Good morning all!
I Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a father of two young girls living in the states. I recently purchased a beyblade for my oldest daughter after she mentioned that some kids at her school would battle during recess. She showed enthusiasm about it so I went out and picked her up the rock Scorpio tournament pack with the three bey holder. after seeing her spin it up I ran out and got the vortex stadium and the rest of the single beys they had at target. The rest is history. I found myself scouring the area looking for any in stock at Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and any hobby store that might carry them. After going to every store that carried them within an hour drive from our house I managed to collect all but three of the Hasbro releases. I also have some duplicates of the best ones to replace broken/worn pieces in the future. I am now working on customizing the die cast wheel with some acrylic paints. If anyone has any interest in trading or has advice regarding the best way to paint the beys to withstand some punishment, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried a few different methods and have yet to come up with a paint job that lasts more then a few battles. I think the best way might be the same way they paint matchbox cars. I have found that beyblades are only one of a handful of things that my two children and my girlfriends three children can sit down and enjoy for long periods of time with little to no complications!

I also found out yesterday that some walgreens also carry beyblades.
>Happy Hunting<

Xeroed Beyblade Collection

Xeroeds Youtube Channel

I am interested in doing some trading and purchasing of Metal Fusion blades that I dont yet have. I look forward to meeting some excellent people here at the WBO.

-X
welcome to the WBO you will be a great member
Welcome to WBO

*Hands out welcome cookies*
welcome to the WBO
nice collection and if i read that correctlly u said u got all that in 1 or 2 days that increadible u must really love beyblade too
welcome to the wbo and hey raw can i have a cookie? lol
(Apr. 13, 2011  8:26 PM)DRAGOONMS9894 Wrote: welcome to the WBO
nice collection and if i read that correctlly u said u got all that in 1 or 2 days that increadible u must really love beyblade too

Such is the benefits of being an adult with a large amount of money. But welcome to the WBO Xeroed!
(Apr. 13, 2011  8:39 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:

Such is the benefits of being an adult with a large amount of money. But Welsome to the WBO Xeroed!

yea cant wait just 2 mor years
welcome to WBO
Wow, those beys are my dreams.

Welcome!

Psst. If you need help painting, ask me.
your story sounds exactly like mine. except it was nephews for me. drove all around town trying to get every beyblade. have fun :p
Hope you enjoy the WBO
Welcome to the WBO!
I'm suprised you actual liked all the beyblades that much. since it seems like you're a collector, try ordering online through Dimsum2u or Akirasdaddy? There's special re-colours of beyblades and the Takara/Sonokong brand of beyblades which hasn't been released by Hasbro yet.
Fifteen more beys then you get a face.
Welcome to the WBO, Nice collection i got to say are you'r daughters good at Beyblading?
Welcome! Looks like another worthy member has joined us, and not a n00b who can't spell Confused
Hope you have a good time!
(Apr. 13, 2011  8:39 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:
All the money in the world wont buy them in stock! I had to go to every Wal-mart, Target, K-Mart within 60 miles of where I live (about 13 different stores) multiple times to get the ones I have. Finding them was most of the fun for me.
Such is the benefits of being an adult with a large amount of money. But welcome to the WBO Xeroed!

(Apr. 13, 2011  11:41 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Welcome to the WBO!
I'm suprised you actual liked all the beyblades that much. since it seems like you're a collector, try ordering online through Dimsum2u or Akirasdaddy? There's special re-colours of beyblades and the Takara/Sonokong brand of beyblades which hasn't been released by Hasbro yet.

I plan on it as soon as I can get rid of some of my duplicates. I had put a limit on my spending and changed it two times, I should really try and work with what I have. Beyblades for trade A link to the beys I have for trade. Also not pictured are the max stampede and burning first strike stadiums.
-X
(Apr. 13, 2011  11:42 PM)Hope Wrote: Fifteen more beys then you get a face.

I have well over 50, those pictured are for playing and are all different. I have noticed different colors in the 2 packs then the singles. Also Toys-R-Us had a 3 pack that had slight variations of ones I already had. I have about 20 more still nip and none of my kids beys are pictured.

-X
(Apr. 13, 2011  11:49 PM)LEVI-Z Wrote: Welcome to the WBO, Nice collection i got to say are you'r daughters good at Beyblading?

My nine year old is good and getting better. My five year old daughter is getting the hang of it. My G/F's five year old son is going to be a force to be reckoned with!

-X
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to be able to add something of value to the WBO community.

-X
Been here a day, and already able to get a face. PM Kai-V about this thread and she will give you the face
Welcome to the WBO! Thats alot of beyblades you have there =D
I am very pleased to see such a devoted community of followers for this 2000+ year old form of entertainment. I would much rather bring some Beys for the kids to play with then some battery powered toy. I will never grow tired of the amusement I get from Beyblades. I would have really enjoyed the plastic and HMS series had I heard about it back when they released them. I would like to try and set up a tourney in southern NH this summer, Small or large depends on the responses I get. I will be starting a thread at some point this weekend and will put the link to it in here. Thank you for making me feel right at home here.
Enjoy your weekend!

-X