Metal Faced Sagittario 90RF - the "Killer Sag" combo.

Alright, after having gushed about this (or a similar) combo a few times now, I felt it time to make a topic on it, to actually discuss it's merits.

It's quite simple to explain it's concept, it's purpose is to knock the opposing blade out. Very rarely by out spin, almost always by ring out.

Many people consider Sagittario 145S to be the worst MFB when uncustomized out of box (Hell, even customized, many people can't find uses for the parts), yet one thing noticeable in Sag is the fact that even though it loses 99 out of 100 matches (Or something like that), every so often you can get a really fantastic looking victory where the opponent shoots away at fast speeds. It is a very rare occurrence and is basically impossible to replicate with continuous results.

That '1 in 100' victory can easily be explained as being caused by recoil in Sagittario's favour, for most of the time though, either the recoil doesn't happen, or it just doesn't work out right and Sagittario kills itself.

My first use of this combo was after BWR/AN'09, where for some odd reason I decided I wanted to try an attack combo with Sagittario's wheel.
I had used Wide Flat initially, and found it's explosive recoil (along with it's very low height) caused it to knock the opponent out in seconds. Although it occasionally KO'd itself in a few battles.

But then I realized one thing that could make the combo work, a grip tip. using Rubber Flat, you can keep the extreme speed, but gain a very reliable function, the ability to hold on to the stadium.
Now when two blades clash, Sag barely moved back, but the opponent still received the full powered attack.

This combo proves to be fantastic against most combos, the only thing I found to best it was another Rubber Flat combo (As the grip tip worked as a defensive tip)

I feel crazy for typing this entire post out, but I honestly think that Sagittario's wheel has incredible attack power. Just be warned that it is a 'stadium breaker' as I have MANY cracks on my stadium single handedly caused by this very custom.
If you have the parts to test this out, I urge you to give it a try, it's an impressive sight.
Interesting... So sagittario does have some uses! Grin Sorry for the stadium though! XD
Argh, I kept meaning to try this out after your numerous posts raving about it. XD Will have to be tomorrow now. Im really quite excited. Eee
I actually tried this because I had a similar thought, but I didn't find it very good. I'll try it a bit more.
Do you need Metal Faces?
Ideally, the Metal Face would help to stop recoil along with the RF so I think so ...
I tried out Sagittario105F today against the only other combination I'm currently capable of making
(Pegasis145S Unhappy ) and it did surpisingly well. It won with a KO in the Attack stadium every match I tried (I believe I was using Sliding shoot, or at the very least, banking). It outperformed Leone105F, which had a KO tie twice and lost due to recoil once. I believe I did 8 matches with both beyblades, but I am not sure as I didn't record them.
It probably doesn't mean much, but I will further test in a couple weeks when I get my Defense&Stamina Reshuffle Set.
So I just tested MF Sagittario 90RF Vs Libra C145WB. The results are below, but make sure to read the whole post, as the results are meaningless without context ...

Libra C145WB: 12 wins
MF Sagittario 90RF: 15 wins

3 Draws (all KO)

I know the original post says 105, but I think most players who have 90 will pick it because of RF's height ... any combo below 145 will be able to take it out otherwise. Now onto the context. I only used battles where I felt the conditions were optimal; meaning, if it self-KOed or I misshot I didn't count the result (anyone doing tests should be doing this, but I get the feeling they often don't).

Generally we shoot WB below top velocity in order to stop it from circling the stadium near the exits and being susceptible to KO ... early on I was doing this and Libra was being KOed quite a lot. Once I started shooting it harder, it's wins started to increase. My theory is Sagittario simply can't survive the recoil from that velocity and was only able to KO so well because it was spinning so much faster than the opponent.

Also keep in mind that the Defense combo did not have MF, and if it did I imagine the results would've skewed more towards the Libra combo. That said, even with this Sag was only able to achieve a 55% win rate under optimal conditions.

Is Sagittario a viable choice for Smash Attack? Yes. Is it the top-tier Wheel for Smash? I'm not convinced. I still think Quetzalcoatl and Storm to be better choices, if only because their results are far more consistent. Using Sagittario means you have to rely a lot more on luck. Quetzalcoatl and Storm have predictable results, whereas Sagittario does not. I think Sagittario may be a great Smash Wheel for beginners, but for more advanced players the consistency of Storm and Quetz may be preferable.
nice...what about libras smash attack brad?
(Jun. 18, 2009  8:09 PM)pegasis Wrote: nice...what about libras smash attack brad?

... what about it?
lol, is it good? can it be compared to storm or quetz? did you test it with RF?
and is there any proof that quetz is a good attacker? is there a youtube video about it in action?
From my experience, Libra is not a good wheel at all for Attack.
It is just too heavy. :\

EDIT: Also to go along with that - The shape is not even aggressive enough ...
(Jun. 18, 2009  8:14 PM)pegasis Wrote: lol, is it good? can it be compared to storm or quetz? did you test it with RF?
and is there any proof that quetz is a good attacker? is there a youtube video about it in action?

This isn't related to this topic at all ...

Libra has almost no Smash Attack ... it's too heavy for RF and the projections are not pronounced enough. I use Quetzalcoatl in my main attack combo, as does Anubis, so I think anyone that's battled us/seen us use it can attest to its ability. However, there are no videos for it yet.
Pegais, Libra has NO smash. It has brilliant defense on RF cause of the rubber. No smash attack.
ok.. sorry for the off topic question.
yes there is a video check beyspirits youtube also i thought quetz was for upper attack.. i learned something about quetz on a post about sag. wouldnt call this a good thing but now i know
Noob question Uncertain

So, I'm curious still about the difference between 105 and 90 track?

From the looks of things the 105 track is pretty short, is the 90 track taller or even shorter yet? Is there a difference with stamina between a taller track or shorter one? I only bring this up to see if there is any other difference between a 105 track and the 90 in terms of spin, endurance, striking area, etc, etc. Would the strength of the smash be affected by the change between 105 and 90?
The number after a tracks details e.g. C145 refers to it's height in millimeters.
So a 90 track would be 90mm, 105 would 105mm.etc
Track height makes a massive difference to the effectiveness of a combination, since it effects the point that your combo will hit on the opposing beyblade.
Really isn't the best place to ask though, use the "Ask a question, get an answer! Part 2" thread in the beyblade general forum in future..
(Jun. 19, 2009  11:33 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: The number after a tracks details e.g. C145 refers to it's height in millimeters.
Track height makes a massive difference to the effectiveness of a combination, since it effects the point that your combo will hit on the opposing beyblade.
Really isn't the best place to ask though, use the "Ask a question, get an answer! Part 2" thread in the beyblade general forum in future..

This is wrong.

105 track is 10.5mm high, not 105mm.
90 track is 9mm high, not 90mm.

But essentially the number is how high it is.
Actually, 90 track would be 9.0mm, 105 would be 10.5 etc etc. I'm sure you just forgot to put the decimal point in.

Beaten to it.

(Jun. 19, 2009  11:33 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: The number after a tracks details e.g. C145 refers to it's height in millimeters.
Sorry, forgot the decimal point >< cheers for correcting that.
105mm would be a pretty ridiculous track height D:
(Jun. 19, 2009  11:51 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Sorry, forgot the decimal point >< cheers for correcting that.
105mm would be a pretty ridiculous track height D:

Lol super tall beyblade would be funny.
what does everyone think of this
wheel-escolpio
track-flame sagittario
bottom- dark wolf
Wrong topic.........this is for Crimson's combo.
(Jun. 19, 2009  9:39 PM)bladetigerX117 Wrote: what does everyone think of this
wheel-escolpio
track-flame sagittario
bottom- dark wolf

It manages to be awful in more than one way Smile

Also, as Pichuscute stated; This is the wrong topic for that.