MF Lightning LDrago 90RF + MF LLD 145RF

There's no back story here, to be honest. I was just bored and thought I'd check something out.

I initially tried Lightning LDrago WF. This has too much recoil and was uncontrollable for me so I slammed a metal face on it. This was still quite uncontrollable and the recoil was still extremely high so I used RF on it instead. I found some nice results.

A quick video of MF Lightning L Drago 90RF vs. MF Earth Bull GB145WB

My results: (Click to View)
Other member's results: (Click to View)
New results against Earth Bull GB145WD and Earth Bull GB145B: (Click to View)

New results
MF Lightning L Drago 90RF - MF Libra R145WB: (Click to View)
MF Lightning L Drago 90RF - MF Earth Bull R145WB: (Click to View)

With Libra out of the metagame (me no like), I think that this definitely has the potential to be a top tier custom. It'd be helpful if someone could do some testing of their own.

Thanks.

MF Lightning L Drago 145RF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
14 - 6, 2 KOs in favour of Earth.

Edit: I just realised that, whilst reading through Tempestas007 thread on Lightning LDrago (here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-Light...#pid302863), I had read it previously... maybe a week before, and so I possibly may have subconsciously chosen this combo; any Freud followers here? Chocked_2 maybe these threads (http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Dest...Drago-90WF, http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-ldrago90rf) helped too...
It is almost the same as the l drago90rf but this is a little weaker ive test it before, but good combo i like it.
Looks like the only thing you changed on this custom was the Track. There was one similar to your custom; MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF. But it looks good; I should try it out when I get an LLD in August.
(Jul. 18, 2010  7:20 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Looks like the only thing you changed on this custom was the Track. There was one similar to your custom; MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF. But it looks good; I should try it out when I get an LLD in August.

To be fair, the track change does make quite a bit of difference.
To be honest, I didn't actually like MF Lightning LDrago CH120RF (personal opinion) and I wanted to still use Lightning. I put my Quetz on CH120 though... that's just meh.

Anyone care to help with testing? I would've asked you Daegor42, but I saw your post in 'random thoughts'. I hope you get a Quetz soon!
I was only pointing out that the only thing changed from the competitive combo was the Track, but I'm fully aware of what the height change is capable of. But anyway, I went over to my friend's house (because he has parts unlike me) to do some testing of this custom and here are my results:

MF Lightning L Drago 90RF 12 Wins (60%) 5 KO's Inflicted
vs.
Quetzalcoatl 90RF 8 Wins (40%) 3 KO's Inflicted

MF Lightning L Drago 90RF 15 Wins (75%) 7 KO's Inflicted
vs.
MF Earth Bull C145WB 5 Wins (25%) 3 KO's Inflicted

MF Lightning L Drago 90RF 19 Wins (95%) 10 KO's Inflicted
vs.
Virgo DF145SD 1 Win (5%)

All matches took place in the TT Attack Stadium. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF was kept in the Upper Mode, as the Captain did in his testing. The method was alternatively shooting each Bey first, even though I kinda thought that shooting the Bey with more Stamina first would have been a lot more fair.

Looks like your custom has the potential to become top-tier. To be honest, I was really surprised with your results, but when I tested it out, I was even more surprised with mine.

I hope more people can test this custom out as well.
Thanks man! That was really helpful!

I tested with the combos with more stamina being launched first and MF Lightning LDrago 90RF second. I know me and you didn't do it the same, but, since you often launched MF Lightning LDrgo 90RF first, and thus would have resulted in a loss in stamina really quickly, your results really are a testament to the strength of this custom.

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'KOs inflicted'. Can you explain that please?

Do you mind if I post your results in the OP, since some people don't read through a thread completely?

Once again, thanks.

If more people can test this, that'd be very helpful.
(Jul. 18, 2010  11:11 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I'm not too sure what you mean by 'KOs inflicted'. Can you explain that please?
It probably means how many time a Beyblade Knock the opposing Bey out.
For example:
MF Lightning L Drago 90RF 12 Wins (60%) 5 KO's Inflicted
vs.
Quetzalcoatl 90RF 8 Wins (40%) 3 KO's Inflicted

Since L Drago won 12 times in total and only 5 KOs were inflicted, L Drago should have outspinned Quetzalcoatl 7 times.

Anyway, the results on this combo is pretty interesting, I will definitely test this when I have time.
Exactly what Diamond said.

And @ the Captain, no problem; I'm really glad I could help *Salutes* lol. I felt I should've launched the Beys with more Stamina first, but I kept alternating as it has become a habit when I test customs. I'll definitely test again when I go over to my friend's house.

And I'm completely fine with you posting my results in another thread; hopefully it'll catch the eyes of a lot of Bladers who have these parts.
Wow nice combo! I really need a LLD! But doesn't it floor-scrapes?
(Jul. 19, 2010  9:26 AM)XDBeyblade Wrote: But doesn't it floor-scrapes?
No, RF is tall enough to help avoid that. Also, RF's flat shape and good grip on the Stadium helps with its balance.
Ok, thanks for the clarification, though I don't know how MF Lightning LDrago 90RF could have outspun Virgo DF145SD 9 times hah!
(Jul. 19, 2010  10:44 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Ok, thanks for the clarification, though I don't know how MF Lightning LDrago 90RF could have outspun Virgo DF145SD 9 times hah!
MF Lightning L Drago 90RF could 'destabilize' Virgo, causing it to lose Balance which might lead to the Virgo Wheel scraping the Stadium Floor.
Hm, in my testing nothing of that sort happened. I just witnessed the two defence beys being bullied.

Congrats on your appointment as moderator by the way.
(Jul. 19, 2010  10:59 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Hm, in my testing nothing of that sort happened. I just witnessed the two defence beys being bullied.

Congrats on your appointment as moderator by the way.
That was just an assumption I'm making.
I really do not think that there are many other possibilities of MF Lightning L Drago 90RF outspinning Virgo DF145SD instead of KOing it.

Thanks. Joyful_2
MF Lightning L Drago 90RF vs MF Earth Bull C145WB
1. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
2. MF Earth Bull C145WB wins by OS.
3. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
4. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by OS.
5. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
6. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by OS.
7. DRAW
8. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by OS.
9. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
10. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by OS.
11. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
12. DRAW
13. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
14. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by OS.
15. MF Earth Bull C145WB wins by OS.
16. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
17. MF Earth Bull C145WB wins by OS.
18. MF Earth Bull C145WB wins by OS.
19. MF Lightning L Drago 90RF wins by KO.
20. DRAW

MF Lightning L Drago 90RF win: 13/20 - 65%
MF Earth Bull C145WB win: 4/20 - 20%
DRAW: 3/20 - 15%

For me, many of the battles I witnessed were extremely similar to MF L Drago 90WF; MF Lightning L Drago 90RF would outspin MF Earth Bull C145WB on numerous times.

I'm surprised we completely overlooked this; considering, this was one of the very first things everyone tried when they got Lightning. It's testament to the fact that we can't overlook anything; testing everything is absolutely essential.

Props to you; I personally prefer this compared to something like MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF, which was actually my previous first-choice Attack-customisation. ;]
Now that's what I call a vote of confidence lol.

Do you mind if I post your results in the OP?
No problem, LOL. I'd be really interested to see anyone else's results as well, though.

I don't know whether changing to WD, or even B, would rectify the OS problem. Need to test it later.
Thanks. I might do some testing now, whilst I'm waiting for Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares haha. I never had any outspins with the custom though. I'll post them up tomorrow times.
Updated OP with results against Earth Bull GB145WD and Earth Bull GB145B.
Some people said 90 is too low for Lightning,i don't think so,infact,i think this combo is great.
Yes, actually it is too low because it floor scrapes, and RF is tall enough to keep it balanced.
I didn't say I hat it, it is good because it prevents LDrago from losing balance.
Updated OP with results from Fyuuor.

Thanks a lot to everyone who's contributed with results!