Hi! Back after a very long time.

Hello! Very excited to be back in the hobby and back on this site. I was deeply into the Metal Fusion era of Beyblade and during that time the WBO was practically my home screen. I spent a lot of time on here and had some good memories (even hosted two tournaments!), as well as some more "cringe" memories that just came from having been 11 years old and trying to be cool on the internet. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked to be reintroduced to the community and see just how many things have changed!

I'm super hyped for Beyblade X - after having (mostly) passed over Burst and seeing the fusion of elements from past generations incorporated into this one, I'm really excited to see how the game plays out, and I am all in. My somewhat tentative goal is to be much more involved in testing and staying on top of the metagame this time around. When I was younger, as much as I played and enjoyed Beyblade I was a million miles away from having anything to do with the discovery of what was good and bad at any given moment, and any top tier list was something that I observed rather than something I actively participated in. I've always been a much more artistically minded person, so I'm hoping I can break out of my comfort zone by trying to apply a more "scientific" approach to asking questions and testing things out. 

My first round of X stuff is in the mail, and I can't wait to jump in. Excited to get to know ya'll!
(Oct. 03, 2023  7:09 AM)yumi Wrote: Hello! Very excited to be back in the hobby and back on this site. I was deeply into the Metal Fusion era of Beyblade and during that time the WBO was practically my home screen. I spent a lot of time on here and had some good memories (even hosted two tournaments!), as well as some more "cringe" memories that just came from having been 11 years old and trying to be cool on the internet. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked to be reintroduced to the community and see just how many things have changed!

I'm super hyped for Beyblade X - after having (mostly) passed over Burst and seeing the fusion of elements from past generations incorporated into this one, I'm really excited to see how the game plays out, and I am all in. My somewhat tentative goal is to be much more involved in testing and staying on top of the metagame this time around. When I was younger, as much as I played and enjoyed Beyblade I was a million miles away from having anything to do with the discovery of what was good and bad at any given moment, and any top tier list was something that I observed rather than something I actively participated in. I've always been a much more artistically minded person, so I'm hoping I can break out of my comfort zone by trying to apply a more "scientific" approach to asking questions and testing things out. 

My first round of X stuff is in the mail, and I can't wait to jump in. Excited to get to know ya'll!
what was your original username?
(Oct. 03, 2023  1:51 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2023  7:09 AM)yumi Wrote: Hello! Very excited to be back in the hobby and back on this site. I was deeply into the Metal Fusion era of Beyblade and during that time the WBO was practically my home screen. I spent a lot of time on here and had some good memories (even hosted two tournaments!), as well as some more "cringe" memories that just came from having been 11 years old and trying to be cool on the internet. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked to be reintroduced to the community and see just how many things have changed!

what was your original username?

Without getting too into specifics or sounding too melodramatic, I am a fundamentally different person now than I was then, and not just in the ways that come with growing older. Even though my past presence on a forum is ultimately minor in the grand scheme of things I'd prefer to keep it in the ether. Besides, it seems like there's so many new faces around here, I doubt many people would remember me!
kinda weird that you cant provide a username to me but ok
(Oct. 03, 2023  5:51 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: kinda weird that you cant provide a username to me but ok

Do you need it for something? If not then I feel like it’d a pretty easy thing to respect and not get upset about, unless I’m misreading your tone here.
I know how that feels! Wasn't here for ten years. Well then, welcome back!
Welcome back!! I'm in a similar boat, metal fusion was my LIFE back in middle school/early high school. My parents sold my entire collection of metal fight beys without telling me randomly (to say I was heartbroken is an understatement) so I stopped for a while. But I started collecting again this year, and it feels like I got a little piece of my childhood back! :') I'm gonna try to host tournaments that little kid me would be proud of.

What X stuff did you order?? I'm a burst guy at the moment, mainly due to budget restrictions 😅 But I'm saving up for the new set with HellsScythe, DranSword, and that sleek black stadium.
(Oct. 03, 2023  10:30 PM)DranzerKnuckle Wrote: Welcome back!! I'm in a similar boat, metal fusion was my LIFE back in middle school/early high school. My parents sold my entire collection of metal fight beys without telling me randomly (to say I was heartbroken is an understatement) so I stopped for a while. But I started collecting again this year, and it feels like I got a little piece of my childhood back! :') I'm gonna try to host tournaments that little kid me would be proud of.

What X stuff did you order?? I'm a burst guy at the moment, mainly due to budget restrictions 😅 But I'm saving up for the new set with HellsScythe, DranSword, and that sleek black stadium.

Thanks for the welcome! Damn that's really rough, can't imagine what it's like to lose all that at once for such a stupid reason. Cool that you're back in though! I've got a stadium, DranSword, the 3on3 set, KnightLance and LeonClaw on the way, one of everything outside the RB prizes. That black stadium does look really sick.

(Oct. 03, 2023  8:40 PM)Ice-Leopard Wrote: I know how that feels! Wasn't here for ten years. Well then, welcome back!

Thank you! Yeah that's about how long I've been gone. So much has changed here!
(Oct. 03, 2023  8:23 PM)yumi Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2023  5:51 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: kinda weird that you cant provide a username to me but ok

Do you need it for something? If not then I feel like it’d a pretty easy thing to respect and not get upset about, unless I’m misreading your tone here.

IM not getting upset at all. Just a little off putting
(Oct. 04, 2023  12:27 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2023  8:23 PM)yumi Wrote: Do you need it for something? If not then I feel like it’d a pretty easy thing to respect and not get upset about, unless I’m misreading your tone here.

IM not getting upset at all. Just a little off putting

Personally, my feeling towards someone politely telling me she'd prefer to keep a previous part of her online presence private would not be "put off". There are a million reasonable and valid explanations as to why someone would want that; I'm sure you can come up with a few if you think about it for a second.
(Oct. 04, 2023  5:09 PM)yumi Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2023  12:27 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: IM not getting upset at all. Just a little off putting

Personally, my feeling towards someone politely telling me she'd prefer to keep a previous part of her online presence private would not be "put off". There are a million reasonable and valid explanations as to why someone would want that; I'm sure you can come up with a few if you think about it for a second.

I have. Thats the reason for my comment
(Oct. 04, 2023  8:34 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2023  5:09 PM)yumi Wrote: Personally, my feeling towards someone politely telling me she'd prefer to keep a previous part of her online presence private would not be "put off". There are a million reasonable and valid explanations as to why someone would want that; I'm sure you can come up with a few if you think about it for a second.

I have. Thats the reason for my comment

But your comment said it was off putting…? If you understood that I was perfectly justified in not wanting to reveal my old username (as you just stated) then why would you say that? Confusing. Regardless, I’m not engaging in this conversation any more as there simply isn’t any point. At least this was a somewhat nostalgic welcome back to the WBO; I remember being dropped into bizarre exchanges like this from time to time.
(Oct. 04, 2023  9:30 PM)yumi Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2023  8:34 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: I have. Thats the reason for my comment

But your comment said it was off putting…? If you understood that I was perfectly justified in not wanting to reveal my old username (as you just stated) then why would you say that? Confusing. Regardless, I’m not engaging in this conversation any more as there simply isn’t any point. At least this was a somewhat nostalgic welcome back to the WBO; I remember being dropped into bizarre exchanges like this from time to time.

Yeah I guess theres no point in a civil arguement