HALO REACH!!!!

(Jan. 20, 2011  6:05 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2011  1:50 AM)Blazzy Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2011  5:34 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2011  2:54 AM)Noble Six Wrote: Does anyone know a quick and easy way to kill Elite Generals besides running over them?

Kill a grunt with a fuel rod cannon, take it and if possible find more ammo for it. Then fire at a general when ready. Don't use a sword, you will regret it.
Or Plasma Pistol charge shot + DMR/Magnum headshot.
Works on pretty much every elite.
The Fuel Rod fires much faster and doesn't require you to switch weapons. I can fire a full Fuel Rod clip in about 1 second. Charging takes about 3-5 seconds, and switching weapons adds on another 2-4 seconds. Fuel Rod takes no time in comparison, and has had a plentiful supply of ammo in every mission/fire fight I've played. I can't say the same for the DMR.

You are very wrong here. Fuel rod guns are very slow and inaccurate, and has to arm itself in mid air after launch, giving it time to bounce (yes, bounce) off your target. That has resulted in me getting in a lot of trouble in campaign and firefight. Charging a plasma pistols actually doesn't take more than half a second, and swapping weapons is almost instant (that saved me quite a few times).
(Jan. 20, 2011  2:03 PM)Noble Six Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2011  6:05 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2011  1:50 AM)Blazzy Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2011  5:34 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2011  2:54 AM)Noble Six Wrote: Does anyone know a quick and easy way to kill Elite Generals besides running over them?

Kill a grunt with a fuel rod cannon, take it and if possible find more ammo for it. Then fire at a general when ready. Don't use a sword, you will regret it.
Or Plasma Pistol charge shot + DMR/Magnum headshot.
Works on pretty much every elite.
The Fuel Rod fires much faster and doesn't require you to switch weapons. I can fire a full Fuel Rod clip in about 1 second. Charging takes about 3-5 seconds, and switching weapons adds on another 2-4 seconds. Fuel Rod takes no time in comparison, and has had a plentiful supply of ammo in every mission/fire fight I've played. I can't say the same for the DMR.

You are very wrong here. Fuel rod guns are very slow and inaccurate, and has to arm itself in mid air after launch, giving it time to bounce (yes, bounce) off your target. That has resulted in me getting in a lot of trouble in campaign and firefight. Charging a plasma pistols actually doesn't take more than half a second, and swapping weapons is almost instant (that saved me quite a few times).
Also it's harder to kill an Elite General with a fuel rod.
Erm now that I think about it,the most saddest part of reach is when you flying on the helicopter through the city and you see all those people dying. Well for me anyways..
(Jan. 20, 2011  9:43 PM)Gloomy Wrote: Erm now that I think about it,the most saddest part of reach is when you flying on the helicopter through the city and you see all those people dying. Well for me anyways..
The saddest part for me is when Noble 6 dies.. for me.
(Jan. 20, 2011  2:15 PM)Trolol Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2011  2:03 PM)Noble Six Wrote: You are very wrong here. Fuel rod guns are very slow and inaccurate, and has to arm itself in mid air after launch, giving it time to bounce (yes, bounce) off your target. That has resulted in me getting in a lot of trouble in campaign and firefight. Charging a plasma pistols actually doesn't take more than half a second, and swapping weapons is almost instant (that saved me quite a few times).

That is not true at all. It takes 1-2 shots with the fuel rod to kill a group of generals in close proximity to each other. It takes an individual plasma pistol charge and DMR bullet for each individual General. Explain to how that is faster, or easier. Also, you don't have to wait for anything to arm itself, if that were true you could never get a close range kill with a fuel rod(and close range kills are extremely common). The only things I've ever seen a fuel rod bounce off of are the ground, hunter shields, and lucky gravity hammers, and I've clocked hundreds of hours on every Halo game except Halo Wars. If the plasma bolt for the fuel rod is moving to slow to hit your target, then you aren't close enough to hit the general with a charged plasma pistol bolt either. The difference between a fuel rod bolt and a charged plasma pistol bolt is that a fuel rod bolt can kill in one blast.
(Jan. 21, 2011  4:47 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2011  2:03 PM)Noble Six Wrote: You are very wrong here. Fuel rod guns are very slow and inaccurate, and has to arm itself in mid air after launch, giving it time to bounce (yes, bounce) off your target. That has resulted in me getting in a lot of trouble in campaign and firefight. Charging a plasma pistols actually doesn't take more than half a second, and swapping weapons is almost instant (that saved me quite a few times).

That is not true at all. It takes 1-2 shots with the fuel rod to kill a group of generals in close proximity to each other. It takes an individual plasma pistol charge and DMR bullet for each individual General. Explain to how that is faster, or easier. Also, you don't have to wait for anything to arm itself, if that were true you could never get a close range kill with a fuel rod(and close range kills are extremely common). The only things I've ever seen a fuel rod bounce off of are the ground, hunter shields, and lucky gravity hammers, and I've clocked hundreds of hours on every Halo game except Halo Wars. If the plasma bolt for the fuel rod is moving to slow to hit your target, then you aren't close enough to hit the general with a charged plasma pistol bolt either. The difference between a fuel rod bolt and a charged plasma pistol bolt is that a fuel rod bolt can kill in one blast.
The Fuel Rod Gun is pretty inaccurate compared to the noob combo because the noob combo's a certain kill on Elites on LEGENDARY. If you don't noob combo on Legendary, I guarantee you that you won't pass most of the missions.

Also Fuel rods don't kill in one blast on Legendary. Takes like 3-4 shots to kill ONE General on Legendary. And when you find a Fuel Rod it only contains like 8 bullets. Sorry if my information is inaccurate because I haven't played Reach since November (I traded it).
(Jan. 21, 2011  10:26 AM)Trolol Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2011  4:47 AM)Thresher Wrote:

The Fuel Rod Gun is pretty inaccurate compared to the noob combo because the noob combo's a certain kill on Elites on LEGENDARY. If you don't noob combo on Legendary, I guarantee you that you won't pass most of the missions.

Also Fuel rods don't kill in one blast on Legendary. Takes like 3-4 shots to kill ONE General on Legendary. And when you find a Fuel Rod it only contains like 8 bullets. Sorry if my information is inaccurate because I haven't played Reach since November (I traded it).

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes. Also, in FF matchmaking, which is set to Heroic, once round 2 goes up in Rocketfight/Sniperfight and the Mythic skull turns on, they'll soak up around 5+ shots before going down...
For Campaign on Legendary , PP overcharge -> Headshot is really the best way to deal with most higher ranking Elites efficiently when on foot, wasting less ammo. Give the Fuel Rods, Rockets, etc, to the marines, especially in driving sections. They usually suck with the turret, but can be quite accurate using those heavy weapons and they don't run out of ammo.
For normal FF, PP overcharge is still great, but if you're playing Rocketfight/Sniperfight, with all the Rocket/Fuel Rod spamming they'll still go down fast, as long as there are 4 players working together. If you're snipping on a large map like Beachhead or Outpost, the Elites won't even have time to get close to you most likely. Generals take like 2-3 body shots + a headshot I think.

Bungie just mentioned in the last BWU that they'll be bringing the Firefight Arcade playlist back soon Smile
Just hope they tweak some stuff in the gametypes, like disabling weapon pick up, so they remain original, otherwise people just end up picking up Fuel Rods or Rockets from the Heretics, in anything that isn't already Rocketfight/FRGfight. Like, later on in Nadefight, all you'll be doing with the Grenade Launcher is pick up assists... Fistfight is awesome, but for larger maps, you really could use some extra damage resistance and faster movement speed, etc.
i just got the game 4 days ago and im on the 4th mission.man campains hard on this game i hate hunters
(Jan. 25, 2011  10:00 PM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: i just got the game 4 days ago and im on the 4th mission.man campains hard on this game i hate hunters
What difficulty are you playing?
(Jan. 22, 2011  2:15 PM)KoD Wrote: Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes. Also, in FF matchmaking, which is set to Heroic, once round 2 goes up in Rocketfight/Sniperfight and the Mythic skull turns on, they'll soak up around 5+ shots before going down...
For Campaign on Legendary , PP overcharge -> Headshot is really the best way to deal with most higher ranking Elites efficiently when on foot, wasting less ammo. Give the Fuel Rods, Rockets, etc, to the marines, especially in driving sections. They usually suck with the turret, but can be quite accurate using those heavy weapons and they don't run out of ammo.
For normal FF, PP overcharge is still great, but if you're playing Rocketfight/Sniperfight, with all the Rocket/Fuel Rod spamming they'll still go down fast, as long as there are 4 players working together. If you're snipping on a large map like Beachhead or Outpost, the Elites won't even have time to get close to you most likely. Generals take like 2-3 body shots + a headshot I think.

Bungie just mentioned in the last BWU that they'll be bringing the Firefight Arcade playlist back soon Smile
Just hope they tweak some stuff in the gametypes, like disabling weapon pick up, so they remain original, otherwise people just end up picking up Fuel Rods or Rockets from the Heretics, in anything that isn't already Rocketfight/FRGfight. Like, later on in Nadefight, all you'll be doing with the Grenade Launcher is pick up assists... Fistfight is awesome, but for larger maps, you really could use some extra damage resistance and faster movement speed, etc.

Seeing as how you are on my 360 friend list, as soon as I get my copy of Reach back I'll record a session and send you a video. It won't be an edited game type either.
FiBally became a captain Grin
But no new armor Till major :\
And am I the only whose sad that Bungie isn't making Halo 4 but 343 industries is?
(Jan. 26, 2011  4:50 AM)Trolol Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2011  10:00 PM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: i just got the game 4 days ago and im on the 4th mission.man campains hard on this game i hate hunters

well this is one of the first halo games i own so that may explain it but im playing on normal mode to get the level achievments.and now i am on the mission where you start off flying the falcon.
(Jan. 27, 2011  3:47 AM)bladerxack8522 Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2011  4:50 AM)Trolol Wrote:

well this is one of the first halo games i own so that may explain it but im playing on normal mode to get the level achievments.and now i am on the mission where you start off flying the falcon.
lawl. I started on Legendary straight away. It was hell. And Hunters are easy to avoid, you only have to kill them if the game forces you to. I ran away from over 90% of the Hunters.
My friends really loves to play this game hehe...
(Jan. 29, 2011  3:46 AM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: just got to the part where __ died.
^ Might wanna watch out for that spoiler there.

Anyone have a go at the weekly (Winter Contingency, LASO - worth 12500 Cr) yet? I had a go at it yesterday in splitscreen co-op. Most of it is pretty simple since you can skip a large portion of the level without fighting, except for the last part with the Zealots.
The Sword Elite is easy, just draw him to Jorge and then either wait for him to die or assassinate him yourself. The Concussion Rifle wielding one(s) is/are harder though. While the method is simple, pulling it off can take a few tries, especially in splitscreen, because, first there are 2 Elites instead of one and second, because of the graphic quality drop which besides lowering the overall detail in things, makes enemies "invisible" at a certain distance, when you'd normally be able to spot them just fine, along with the annoying Blind Skull which removes your HUD. We had to keep zooming in on them with the Plasma Pistol while "peppering" them to make sure our shots landed and then we had to be lucky that they didn't move around much once their shields were down so we could land the final DMR shots from the awkward angle we were on.

If you wanna try it, be sure to check Tyrant's Mythic difficulty guide first, or any other of the various guides around YouTube.
Don't forget that if you go solo and die, you'll have to restart the level because of the Iron skull. Co-op reverts back to the last checkpoint.
sorry i was listening to the double rainbow song when i posted it makes my mind go blank
I am starting to wonder if Bungie's new "Jackpot" offers for points is their way of saying "Will you ragequitters screw off now?".

But, I am not complaining. I am up to Major Grade III and on my way to LT. Colonel.
became a major grade 2 and beat the game on heroic recently Grin
o and I figured out how to put your weapon down :3
I ranked up like three times last week. Almost commander.
I'm Commander now because I did Pillar of Autumn like OVER 9000! times. Woo hoo! Smile
I actually have and beat the game but, while during an online match I tilted my XBOX to unhook the kinect in it so that I cant be heard in the game. So it started making this odd noise and when I took out the cd, a big scratch thats around the whole thing and I cant play it now....so im sad face.
Man, that's awful. That happened to me too, but in a different game. I hate when that happens. BTW, did somebody see Master Chief in cryo in the Pillar of Autumn movie?