Georgia Revolution Series 007 Tournament Report

Hey fellas, this is a report of the Georgia Revolution Series 007 tournament that took place on April 27 in Robins AFB, Georgia. This was a Swiss tournament that used the Beyblade X format with the 3on3 match type in the first stage and deck match type in the last stage, with 7 points being needed to win in both stages.

We started sometime after 11:30(which was 30 minutes after the estimated start time), but finished at around 3:00(which was an hour earlier than the estimated end time, nice!). We had 19/20 people show up, meaning someone would get a bye at some point(no match but a free win). There were a couple of newcomers, or at the very least people I didn't recognize, but plenty of people who've came to many past tournaments. I got to know some of them(and by that I mean their decks and not their names) and they were pretty chill.

Anyways, after my Taper and Gear Flat ate concrete for 30 minutes, matches finally started, and to sum it all up I went (2-3) with a buchholz of -1, standing at 12th in prelims. Yay. Both of my wins were pretty much gimmes. My opponents were new to competitive and their decks reflected that. I also assume they didn't have many meta parts because they weren't used instead of Vipertail on Spike and Leonclaw(combos that they used). My losses, however, were from completely meta combos, vs my combos that used meta parts but I wanted to be unique, which is why I probably lost now that I'm thinking about it. Maybe someday Wizardrod on GP will beat Dranbuster...

Our podium players were Cinnamon Skywing in 1st, Mlgbower in 2nd, and AndréHerrera in 3rd. This is Skywing's second win and Mlgbower's second time coming in second place, and if I recall correctly, André's first time making podium in a while. All of them did great!

Now if there's one thing I could take away from this tournament is that Wizardrod is very annoying. The tournament was full of it being used on Hexa and Ball, and since we were playing Deck for finals, it was basically two Rods tapping each other for 5 minutes, with losers continuing to replay out of fear that they'd get counter-picked or that their counter-pick wouldn't be successful. A couple of participants also said that it's outclassing Hellsscythe, which I don't fully agree with yet, but I definitely see it happening. 

All in all, this was a pretty fun tournament. It was our community's first taste of UX and my first tournament after a 2 month absence. Until the next one!

P.S., I think I refreshed the page in the middle of typing so I had to rewrite this whole thing argh