Halo
47.62%
Gears of War
0%
Other
19.05%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
So, do you play them?
I play call of duty- i have world at war, modern warfare, moden warfare 2, black ops, and i pre ordered modern warfare 3.
Yes, gears of war is 3rd person, but it is a shooter and people play it.
(Sep. 18, 2011  4:57 AM)Israphel Wrote: So, do you play them?
I play call of duty- i have world at war, moder warfare, moden warfare 2, black ops, and i pre ordered modern warfare 3.

I play them. I like COD and Halo 3.
i never knew gears of war - a third person shooter, is predominantly played in a first person perspective i should try that on account of wanting to see less of that hideous unreal art design
COD FTW!!!!!!
I have a limited COD collection but I love it loads!
(Sep. 18, 2011  9:01 AM)To Wrote: i never knew gears of war - a third person shooter, is predominantly played in a first person perspective i should try that on account of wanting to see less of that hideous unreal art design

Sorry, when i play shooters, i imagine im there haha.
OMG Resistance 3 FTW. It is the best game ever! Hell, the entire Resistance series FTW XD. The guns in R3 are amazing. There's this one called Deadeye, and it has incredible zooming. Also, the more you use the guns in R3, they level up and gain new abilities. How cool is that? Also, Killzone 3 was really good.
Multiplayer wise, it's all Halo for me, even though the gameplay got worse with Reach adding in armor abilities, precision weapon bloom and the general weapon sandbox/balance in the current maps (man that title update can't come soon enough).

Once I got into Halo multiplayer, I just couldn't get used to other games. Gears (3rd person I know) feels kinda slugish and too CQC friendly while COD is mostly "spray and pray". I do like playing through campaign mode in those games though.
Bump
What systems do you play?
Guys, I don't understand why there is any of this nonsense. Why have a poll or even a thread to discuss it when we know its all about Halo - hands down?

Nah haha I kid, each to their own opinions. But still, Halo's doing it for me, currently on the reach wave but waiting for more info on Halo 4 to be released.

(Sep. 18, 2011  7:45 PM)KoD PT Wrote: Multiplayer wise, it's all Halo for me, even though the gameplay got worse with Reach adding in armor abilities, precision weapon bloom and the general weapon sandbox/balance in the current maps (man that title update can't come soon enough).

What? You realize that there is a lobby for classic halo game play? Meaning you can play without armor abilities and with the original Halo 3 jump height and speed?

Also, 343 industries have already (or are planning to) made it so that armor lock can't be spammed on sticky grenades. GG Microsoft for listening to the community.
Said like a pro Medz. I play Halo but would have chosen GoW if it weren't for this thread being first person.
Edit: Maybe ill have to make a tps thread.
Cod pwns all other first person shooters sukas

Haha, had to post that. Otherwise, I like the Halo series. For me, CoD was too easy for campers and never really appealed to me.
Haha, i love smosh Grin

for me, i like halo 3, fallout series, and Call of duty series.

even though it's outdated, i still love to play doom 3.
Smosh, haha. I have ps3 . What systems
SMOSH has a point magic daddy rescue force and code of duty 12 rules
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:28 PM)Medz Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:45 PM)KoD PT Wrote: Multiplayer wise, it's all Halo for me, even though the gameplay got worse with Reach adding in armor abilities, precision weapon bloom and the general weapon sandbox/balance in the current maps (man that title update can't come soon enough).

What? You realize that there is a lobby for classic halo game play? Meaning you can play without armor abilities and with the original Halo 3 jump height and speed

Also, 343 industries have already (or are planning to) made it so that armor lock can't be spammed on sticky grenades. GG Microsoft for listening to the community.

What, what? You make it sound as if that playlist shipped with the game on day one. It's only been up for a few months and has what, around 400-500 players at best at any given time? That's one of the lowest populations in Reach, which, besides the longer matchmaking times, only makes it easier to run into full parties, lag and in general, get one sided games (TrueSkillâ„¢...). Didn't help bloom was still there either.

I'm really looking forward to classic++ once the Anniversary playlists drop though. The Title Update is coming on the 21st, although there won't be any playlists supporting it yet. And this time besides the Anniversary playlists, there should be more widespread changes throughout matchmaking, rather than a single playlist with an abysmal population.

The main TU changes by 343i as seen here:

- Make reticle bloom configurable (carp yeah)
- Make damage bleed to health through shields possible
- Modify Armor Lock
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.
^ This is pretty much how Armor Lock should've always been.
- Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.
- Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.
- Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE (Anniversary playlists)
• Can make the Magnum automatic.
• Can modify rate of fire of the Magnum.
• Can modify Magnum damage.
- Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD

Really happy about these changes. After this gets tested in the beta hoppers and put up into the real playlists, I hope 343i look over some other things like grenade damage, vehicle health and physics, better weapon/vehicle balance (why the hell is the damn Banshee still in so many BTB maps?) besides other tweaks to existing maps (spawns, game specific loadouts, etc).
I really like COD MW2 on PS3. Black ops didn't really appeal ,much two me, just that it had AiIBots, unlike MW2 I'm not allowed to play online though Unhappy
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:56 PM)Caststarman Wrote: Edit: Maybe ill have to make a tps thread.

I'm about to beat you to that one!

In my mind, it's all with the Battlefield games. I mean, if you shot an RPG at a building in real life, shouldn't it go all crumbly? And Battlefield 3 will have WAY better graphics than MW3! Who cares about 60 fps?

I do have a soft spot for Halo, but it's no Battlefield.

It may be third-person-over-the-shoulder, but the Ghost Recon games are the best shooters. Hands down.
I play Resistance 3. Definetely one of the best first person shooters out there!