Face Contest: Design a Beyblade Burst Beyblade!

With Beyblade Burst launching in just a few short months, we figured now would be as good a time as any to open up a Face Contest to design one!

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan.

So far, Beyblade Burst appears to revolve around some Norse mythology, but it's probably going to touch upon other mythologies of the world as well. So we're asking you: what do you think the next 3-layer Beyblade Burst Beyblade could be? Personally, our minds are threatening to implode with exciting ideas, but we can't even participate! Make sure to read the following pages to know more about exactly what constitutes a Layer, a Disk and a Driver, the three new Beyblade parts in Beyblade Burst!:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-TAKARA-T...lade-Burst
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...lade_Burst

What do I need to do?
We want you to design a Beyblade based on the new Beyblade Burst series 3-Layer system, in honour of the series launch this July in Japan!

What can I win?
The winners will get their choice of:
How mysterious! I wonder what could be inside of them?

And yes, that's right, winners. Not one, not two, but three people will win Face Boosters! How cool!

But to make this even more exciting, the top winner will also get a Beyblade Burst Starter of their choice!

Judging
Without further ado, here are some of the criteria your entry will be graded on:
  • Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their Beyblade for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint or Photoshop. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
  • Originality: Try to think outside of the box and use ideas that haven't been used in Beyblade yet!
  • Balance: If you think making a Beyblade with a perfectly circular Layer that weighs 50 grams with a sextuplet bearing and polished metal sharp Driver is going to win you this, think again. While we don't want to see junk Beyblades, we also don't want them overpowered. Think as if it was to be real; you don't want to break the game!

Rules
And now for the rules:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered. You may not modify your entry once it has been posted, so work hard on it!
  • The WBO Committee isn't eligible, as usual.
  • You have until June 18th 2015 11:59:59 PM EST to do it. Any entries after that will be eliminated!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well!)

Now go ahead and show us what you think the new Beyblades in this series are going to look like; the possibilities are endless!
This sounds great, count me in for sure.
Can't wait to enter this!! Gonna be awesome!!
Great Idea! ^-^
Count me in! This is totally happening!

EDIT: What media can I use? Hand drawn or computer?

EDIT: Oops forgot the rules, sorry but I read them now.
Has it started now or is the competition starting later in the week or something?
Am I allowed to improve on this drawing if I need to?

Be careful, large images.
(May. 04, 2015  5:57 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Am I allowed to improve on this drawing if I need to?

I definitely don't have any say in this, but I would assume not since in almost all other Face Contests your first entry is your final entry (i.e. for the photography contests you aren't allowed to post a picture for others to critique before submitting your final photo).

Regardless of that, it's still a pretty solid entry. Nice work!
(May. 05, 2015  12:44 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(May. 04, 2015  5:57 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Am I allowed to improve on this drawing if I need to?

I definitely don't have any say in this, but I would assume not since in almost all other Face Contests your first entry is your final entry (i.e. for the photography contests you aren't allowed to post a picture for others to critique before submitting your final photo).

@[Wombat] Thanks! So I can't improve on this same design?

When I say improving the drawing I don't mean by changing designs but more of enhancing the same design I did.
It's too bad my drawing tablet is busted, I'll have to use traditional materials, but I'd be stoked to participate in this.
(May. 05, 2015  1:03 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 05, 2015  12:44 AM)Wombat Wrote:

When I say improving the drawing I don't mean by changing designs but more of enhancing the same design I did.

I don't believe so. Then again, I don't make the rules. Maybe if it was a small change the committee would let it slide.
(May. 05, 2015  11:58 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(May. 05, 2015  1:03 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 05, 2015  12:44 AM)Wombat Wrote: I definitely don't have any say in this, but I would assume not since in almost all other Face Contests your first entry is your final entry (i.e. for the photography contests you aren't allowed to post a picture for others to critique before submitting your final photo).

I don't believe so. Then again, I don't make the rules. Maybe if it was a small change the committee would let it slide.

Well this is a design contest and I'm not changing the design. I just want to make the details clearer so it's easier to see it but if everyone can see the beyblade details just fine, that's alright for me.

I just want the design to be in better quality so it's easier to see in general.
J.I.N.B.E.E!, The rules state:

Quote:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it!

We usually do not allow modifications of any kind once someone has posted their entry, but I will make an exception this time since it wasn't totally explicit. I'll update the OP as well to make sure it's totally clear that your first entry is the only one that will be considered and that it cannot be modified once posted.

You have until June 18th, so take your time. No need to rush. Smile
(May. 06, 2015  12:57 AM)Kei Wrote: J.I.N.B.E.E!, The rules state:

Quote:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it!

We usually do not allow modifications of any kind once someone has posted their entry, but I will make an exception this time since it wasn't totally explicit. I'll update the OP as well to make sure it's totally clear that your first entry is the only one that will be considered and that it cannot be modified once posted.

You have until June 18th, so take your time. No need to rush. Smile

Ah right, I thought that meant that you could only have one design, well thanks anyway but I might not do it as long as it's easy to see.
[Image: 2isffp4.png]

Here is my Kitsune Chaos Drive

I tried to make the Layer for Kitsune translucent but I kinda failed so it's my best attempt with using Paint (program). I didn't want to use Photoshop or whatever because they are too finnicky to use for this competition.

EDIT: Also, if anyone tells me my gimmick is illogical or impossible, here is what I'm going to say:
"USE YOUR IMAGINATION!!!"
I made a rough sketch of it online, but i'll see if i can upload some images of the prototype version of it. The driver is in the real life version, since it was impossible to draw all the gimmicks in one shot.
[Image: pinocchio_by_xxsionthehedgehogxx-d8sxev7.png]
the drawing of what the layer and disk SHOULD look like:
[Image: pinocchio_cog_bearing_by_xxsionthehedgeh...8swv03.jpg]

It's name is Pinocchio Cog bearing.

type: Balancer

Layer: Pinocchio is a relatively circular layer, but it has some protrusions that stick out, especially the two orange tinted protrusions. Despite the fact that the protrusions can give relatively aggressive barrage attacks to the opponent, it also makes the beyblade suffer a very small amount of extra recoil.

Disk: Cog is, like it's name, a cog shaped disk. it's relatively smooth, and is WONDERFUL for barrage attacks. However, it is also slightly risky

Base: Bearing isn't what you think it is. It is a flat base, and is ever-so-slightly free spinning, but the bearing itself is for another use. Bearing has a large rolling element bearing centered in it, and the tip it spins on is slightly loose, so the free-spinning isn't on the bearing, but rather on it's own. Since there is a one millimeter gap between the bearing and tip shaft, whenever the beyblade goes on an angle, the beyblade's center of gravity shifts. However, the shaft touches the ball bearing, making the beyblade regain it's balance without suffering any extra stamina loss. This elaborate gimmick is also somewhat good for preventing high amounts of recoil, and is also excellent to reduce the chances of bursting significantly. however, it isn't a stamina part at all because the fact that the tip is flat and sways slightly side to side., but on the contrary, more of a balance between striker and defender.

Overall: This beyblade is useful for its base, and the whole top is great for barrage attacks. This top has one of the lowest chances of bursting, but also has slightly higher chances of losing by either one of the traditional ways. Overall, everyone should own at least one copy of this beyblade.
Hm, no picture of the Driver ... ?

In any case, I am quite amazed by the quality of the entries so far. Great job everyone.
(May. 11, 2015  12:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, no picture of the Driver ... ?

In any case, I am quite amazed by the quality of the entries so far. Great job everyone.

I tried. IT'S HARD. i need to display a ton of stuff. If you like, i can get permission to upload an image of my prototype.

edit: Here are the images:

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=bcfc1c8919&view=fimg&th=14d4022...w1576-h679]

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=bcfc1c8919&view=fimg&th=14d4023...w1576-h679]

Took tons of hours, effort, planning, and superglue XD
(May. 11, 2015  12:17 AM)SiontheHedgehog Wrote:
(May. 11, 2015  12:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, no picture of the Driver ... ?

I tried. IT'S HARD. i need to display a ton of stuff. If you like, i can get permission to upload an image of my prototype.

edit: Here are the images:

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=bcfc1c8919&view=fimg&th=14d4022...w1576-h679]

Took tons of hours, effort, planning, and superglue XD

I can't see the pictures which is unfortunate because your drawings are good in my opinion.
Just to say though, unfortunately the rules do say that your first entry will be the only one considered, so you needed to include pictures of the Driver in your first entry post without any edits.
(May. 11, 2015  12:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Just to say though, unfortunately the rules do say that your first entry will be the only one considered, so you needed to include pictures of the Driver in your first entry post without any edits.

I would of tried to,, but to show ball berings a one millimeter gap, and every minor detail is EXTREMELY INSANE. But, if I were to draw the driver that's what it looks like.
how to insert a image from pen drive to this thread