ED145 testing

Like I said in another topic, I would get around to doing a full test on ED145, and I finally did amidst studying and stuff. I'll keep the intro short, my defense combo was MFLibraED145WB, I tested this against Quetz90RF and S.Peg100RF; 20 battles apiece; Libra shot first. MFB Attack Stadium.

MFLibraED145WB vs. Quetzalcoatl90RF
1 Draw
Win Percentages: Libra: 7/19 (37%) Quetzalcoatl 12/19 (63%)

Quetz really kind of had its way with Libra here. With a good sliding shoot, Quetz was able to get between Libra's Wheel and ED145. Quetz would either hit Libra out of the middle of the Stadium up near the exit fairly easily and follow up with a solid hit to knock it out of the Stadium, or hit Libra with a solid hit in the first 2-3 hits and knock it out. Libra had 1 win by KO which was caused by Quetz hitting it into the stadium wall and rebounding back into Quetz with enough force to take it out. ED145's free spinning didn't help much for absorbing hits. It was pretty much a complete domination by Quetz.

MFLibraED145WB vs. Storm Pegasis 100RF
1 Draw
Win Percentages: Libra: 9/19 (47%) Storm Pegasis: 10/19 (53%)

It was interesting to see the difference in how Quetz and Storm fought after doing these tests. Storm's smaller Wheel diameter allowed for higher speed rotation in exchange for power, but that allowed Storm to have more consecutive hits (as in, it would hit Libra once, but then stick around for 1-2 more hits before circling the stadium again) on Libra. Storm circled the stadium faster than Quetz as well, which helped facilitate it's KO game. Storm's KO fashion was similar to Quetz's, except for the aforementioned consecutive hits. ED145 played a marginally bigger role, as evident by the 2 win/loss difference, mainly because Storm's power isn't a high as Quetz's, but it still didn't help all that much.

Conclusion

ED145 is a nice gimmick, but it doesn't give as much defensive mileage as C145. ED145 can absorb attacks, but not as well as C145 because it doesn't dissipate the attack nearly as well. It takes pretty good knockback, not as much as WD145 thanks to the free spin gimmick, but it's enough to hurt it against the two top attack type combos in the game right now.

Well, those are my results, I'm interested in seeing what others get when they get their Clay Aries.

Hope this is found to be helpful.
Very interesting, thank you.

Yes, logically I thought the gap between Wheel and Track would not be beneficial.

I'll get round to testing soon as well, although I doubt they'll be very different to your results.
Hey heart do you have clay aries ?
skipped to conclusion, frowned
Hey Tempestas could you put pics up of the wheel and hybrid wheel track and bottom seperately.
(Sep. 07, 2009  7:17 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Hey Tempestas could you put pics up of the wheel and hybrid wheel track and bottom seperately.
There are already pictures of Clay Aries in the BB-45 topic, and this is otherwise not the right place to ask this or to post pictures ...
Ok sorry kai v.
Awww. Oh well. Atleast it's not as bad as WD145.
Augh. Was really hoping for this one, guys.

Try it with HF/S or RF or something tall.

Try it with Leone :o

Earth looks like it'll be similar to Leone in the fact that it seems to hand lower than most metal wheels, could work, but I doubt anyone has huge expectations of it anyways.

How well does it spin? Since it's plastic on plastic, ES should be same, could be a decent indication at the least.
(Sep. 09, 2009  6:04 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: How well does it spin? Since it's plastic on plastic, ES should be same, could be a decent indication at the least.

If I give it a decent hit with my finger, it will around spin 2-3 times before stopping.
dissapointing
(Sep. 09, 2009  12:15 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: If I give it a decent hit with my finger, it will around spin 2-3 times before stopping.

Even thought it's plastic on plastic, I was hoping for more...
I was gonna start a ED145 REtesting thread but like many of my threads was scared it would be closed
I think ED145 has a lot of potential here I have some results of ED145 VS GB145

MF-H Earth Bull ED145CS VS MF Lightning L-Drago 100RF:
7-3 ED145 win rate 30% 1 DRAW

MF-H Earth Bull ED145CS VS MF Pegasis 145RF:
8-2 ED145 WIN RATE 80% 2 DRAWS

MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS VS MF Lightning L-Drago 100RF:
2-8 GB145 WIN RATE 20%

MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS VS MF Pegasis 145RF:
6-4 GB145 Win rate 60%

ED145 performs better than the top tier GB145 even against the 2 top tier attack types pegasis and L-drago
shouldn't ED145 be top tier as well once i get my vulcan wheel I will do some testing with it as well

these tests were performed in the MFB Attack stadium and launched with and grip and beylauncher spin depending on bey ( meteo L-Drago beylauncher L model)
okay here they are against ED145 If you want me to do so against GB145 As well do tell me

MF-H Earth Bull ED145CS VS MF Lightning L-Drago CH120 (120 height):
6-4 ED145 win rate 60%
these results were astounding very different form the previous one when Ldrago was on 100
ED145 did much better
I think that it does better against mid and high attackers and gets its weakness against 100/105 when the beys would be at such a height when they come between the gap of the metal wheel and track!
though that wouldn't happen with 85/90
Those results are really odd especially since ED145 is carp and GB145 is much better than it. No real need to retest this I think.
I think we need more tests on it before we think its carp... It could be good during this metagame.. Who knows?
You say that like it's been out for like a week when its been out for over a year... It's well known that it's carp.
(Mar. 10, 2011  5:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: You say that like it's been out for like a week when its been out for over a year... It's well known that it's carp.

It is far from carp. It actually works quite well against low track attackers and even spin stealers. I need to post up my testing for this.
(Mar. 10, 2011  4:09 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: I think we need more tests on it before we think its carp... It could be good during this metagame.. Who knows?

I absolutely agree with you. People don't bother to test old parts for the current metagame. I know full well that this is still a very useful part. Trust me.
(Mar. 10, 2011  5:29 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2011  4:09 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: I think we need more tests on it before we think its carp... It could be good during this metagame.. Who knows?

I absolutely agree with you. People don't bother to test old parts for the current metagame. I know full well that this is still a very useful part. Trust me.

Maybe it's not very useful, But mine performs viciously, I like it on MF Pegasis ED145RF. We should really look into this part more.

But it certainly has a lot of recoil, and can't deflect attacks.
hmmm we could be on the verge of figuring out a great top tier defense track and I think ED145 HAS that potential despite what people say I mean drigergt's favourite beyblade is earth bull ED145WD and he even used it in his videos from time to time here I have some tests:
MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Counter mode left spin) VS Earth Aquario ED145RS:
ED145 absorbed the hits from gravity extremely well!!
(Mar. 10, 2011  5:34 PM)Electric Wrote: Maybe it's not very useful, But mine performs viciously, I like it on MF Pegasis ED145RF. We should really look into this part more.

But it certainly has a lot of recoil, and can't deflect attacks.

my test results prove that wrong! Smile
and yes I think it has attack potential as well! Smile
@bigbangblaze: can you compare it to GB145? i am interested in this