Dissidia Final Fantasy (and its prequel, DDFF)

Poll: Which one do you prefer?

Dissidia Final Fantasy (DFF)
33.33%
Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (DDFF)
66.67%
Total: 100% 6 vote(s)
I'm not sure if this actually deserves its own thread, but seeing as there are some people who liked this game (including me Smile ) and the only other thread that mainly discuss this game is "dead", I decided to create this.

In this thread you can talk about anything related to Dissidia Final Fantasy (DFF) and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (DDFF) (FYI DDFF is like a DFF remake, but includes a prequel to DFF as well). Maybe you want to talk about your favorite characters in those games? Or your favorite line/quote? Bragging about all the weapons you have? Or perhaps you want to ask something about those games? It's up to you.

Anyway, if you want to ask me, remember that I'm playing DDFF (not DFF) and even though those 2 games are similar, there are some differences between those two.

Now on to business:

My favorite character is probably Cloud, because most of his attacks hit really hard AND wall rushes enemies, and in EX Mode his attacks also crushes enemies' defense (very useful against blockers). His HP attacks are very cool too, but since most of his HP attacks are slow and easy to dodge, I usually rely on his Omnislash Version 5 (learned after mastering Slashing Blow).

I also like Kain (DDFF only), since he's a great midair fighter (I like fighting midair) and his attacks can be used against any height. His Jump and EX Mode form are pretty cool too. It's too bad that he doesn't have any branching attacks.

Favorite quotes:
  • "This fantasy must come to an end..."
    ~ Cosmos
  • "You expect me to buy into that? You don't think we can win, so you think we should just lose on purpose!?"
    ~ Lightning (some people said that she also say the same quote on his original game, FFXIII)
  • "So, you offer your live in exchange of theirs?"
    ~ Exdeath
    "Of course not. I offer yours."
    ~ Kain, in response
If you have other quotes, just post it here!
DDFF is pretty much the reason I barely come here on the WBO.
It's addicting, I mean it seriously.

I've played that game for around 340 hours. Is that a lot for a good game? I dunno.

My favourite character is Bartz overall he's the best like using other peoples move and having AWESOME HP attacks like Ragnorak Blade and Hellfire, he's so freakin cool but ranks 3rd if I was to pick him for some competition battle, Golbez would rank 2nd just because Nightglow and Cosmic Ray are the EPICNESS, and The Warrior of Light would be 1st just because using Bitter End A and B is easy, I always seem to spam Bitter End and beat Maximum COM, just because Rising Buckler and Shield Strike are BRILLIANT bravery attacks.

Actually Feral Chaos is the invincible beast because of Via Dolorosa so yeah.....
I don't know why but I'm a huge fan of DFF but I just get board of DDFF for some odd reason. probaly because I lost my touch in the game since it's been a while since I played the game probaly. I argee on Cloud. I always use him and he's my favorite. I always attacked in the air so I always use stuff that boost his air attacks and such. I have gotten him to level 100.
@ Ultimate: Yeah, I'm agree about Warrior of Light, his Bitter End is easy to execute, but I sometimes use Rune Saber too. I'll probably rank him 2nd (the 1st is Cloud).

I haven't tried Via Dolorosa with my Feral Chaos because his attacks are too heavy. I mean, 45 CP for Bravery attacks and 75 CP on HP attacks? (Maybe it's meant to balance with his overpowered stats).

@ Pikachu0909: My Cloud is at level 100 too, along with my Warrior of Light, Cecil, Bartz, and Squall. And yeah, I also attack from midair with Cloud, usually with Slashing Blow - Omnislash Version 5 combo.
(Nov. 23, 2011  4:20 PM)GX Ray Wrote: @ Ultimate: Yeah, I'm agree about Warrior of Light, his Bitter End is easy to execute, but I sometimes use Rune Saber too. I'll probably rank him 2nd (the 1st is Cloud).

I haven't tried Via Dolorosa with my Feral Chaos because his attacks are too heavy. I mean, 45 CP for Bravery attacks and 75 CP on HP attacks? (Maybe it's meant to balance with his overpowered stats).

Cloud is alright with Omnislash and Finishing Touch but he's a little slow so blocking against him is very easy... well maybe COM isn't all that good at blocking but I find it easy.

Feral Chaos: Best HP attack, Via Cheap Spamorosa

COM<Via Dolorosa
COM>Quo Vadis

Me>Via Dolorosa
Me<Quo Vadis

I find it easy to dodge Via Dolorosa but hard to dodge Quo Vadis.
Opposite of COM.
@ Ultimate: I know it's easy to block Cloud's attacks, but it's better to dodge him if he's in EX Mode. And since I use custom rules (that enhance EX Mode) in most of my fight, he's almost unbeatable against blockers.

Anyway, what is COM?
(Nov. 24, 2011  2:53 PM)GX Ray Wrote: @ Ultimate: I know it's easy to block Cloud's attacks, but it's better to dodge him if he's in EX Mode. And since I use custom rules (that enhance EX Mode) in most of my fight, he's almost unbeatable against blockers.

Anyway, what is COM?

COM stands for Computer XD

I just realised something, I've never played custom rules.

I didn't understand what they did.
@ Ultimate: Custom rules are like default rules at first, but it can be modified/customized. For example, you can customize it to make EX Mode longer, or to make Assist gauge fills faster, and so on.

Anyway, do you have any level 100 characters?
(Nov. 26, 2011  2:04 PM)GX Ray Wrote: @ Ultimate: Custom rules are like default rules at first, but it can be modified/customized. For example, you can customize it to make EX Mode longer, or to make Assist gauge fills faster, and so on.

Anyway, do you have any level 100 characters?

Not many only 8 Level 100 characters

and 4 Level 90s characters

Level 100s

Kain
WoL
Bartz
Cloud
Squall
Zidane
Gilgamesh
Feral Chaos

Gabranth becomes a beast with EX-Centric rules Grin
Following the Topic Poster...

Favorite on DFF:
Cloud, Omnislash FTW! But Squall is an awesome combo-ist.

On DDFF:
Kain!
All of his attacks are perfect for me! His jump makes me all giddy, xD. I don't need no branching attacks! With all his attacks, you might as well make your own!
Paired with, Cecil!
Duality was always my thing, and his versatility with two modes make him a good professional character.

Favorite quote:
"So, you offer your life in exchange for theirs?"
"Of course not, I offer yours..."
Kain vs. Exdeath
It was just so awesome!
@ Ultimate: Well, at least you have more level 100 characters than me Smile (I only have 5 for now). So, do you know about custom rules now?

@ XwailingX: I agree with you about Squall and Cecil. And thanks for the quote, I'll add them to the OP.
(Nov. 29, 2011  5:00 AM)GX Ray Wrote: @ Ultimate: Well, at least you have more level 100 characters than me Smile (I only have 5 for now). So, do you know about custom rules now?

Yep I know how they work now, there pretty fun.

I wonder when i'll stop playing?

Maybe when i've played for 500 hours. xD

I consider my self pretty good but I CANNOT DODGE CHASE HP ATTACKS.

@ Ultimate: Do you mean HP attacks that triggers chase sequences, HP attacks that happens after chase sequences, or HP attacks that happens on chase sequences?

For the 1st option: Only Assist can do it, so unless you're wall-rushed, it should be pretty easy to dodge.

For the 2nd option: Same as the first option, except this one can also be done by the opponent itself.

For the 3rd option: Well, I also have a hard time with this one Crying , but I think the in-game manual covers that one well.
(Dec. 01, 2011  3:54 PM)GX Ray Wrote: @ Ultimate: Do you mean HP attacks that triggers chase sequences, HP attacks that happens after chase sequences, or HP attacks that happens on chase sequences?

For the 1st option: Only Assist can do it, so unless you're wall-rushed, it should be pretty easy to dodge.

For the 2nd option: Same as the first option, except this one can also be done by the opponent itself.

For the 3rd option: Well, I also have a hard time with this one Crying , but I think the in-game manual covers that one well.

The third option,

I don't get it, it's a lot easier to dodge in DFF but for me it's downright impossible to dodge in DDFF, I think it's because whenever the opponent uses the hp attack I get nervous and I automatically do it to too quickly.

BTW I have 12 level 100 characters now Grin

Sorry for not posting for a while...

@ Ultimate: Well, it happens to me too Smile . Anyway I think I've beat you now, because now I have 15 LEVEL 100 CHARACTERS!!! Grin .

Maybe we should trade Friend Cards now. What do you think?
Well i think that DDFF is a pretty cool game because of his battle system but the story didn't catch me at all...it doesn't compare to the one of FF7 and FF13(this is only my opinion).Actually my favourite character is Cloud too because he looks so cool with the Advent Children clouths and because of his Omnislash Version 5.It would be cool if we could play as Aerith even if we didn't buy the demoUnhappy
(Dec. 13, 2011  12:39 PM)GX Ray Wrote: Sorry for not posting for a while...

@ Ultimate: Well, it happens to me too Smile . Anyway I think I've beat you now, because now I have 15 LEVEL 100 CHARACTERS!!! Grin .

Maybe we should trade Friend Cards now. What do you think?

I haven't posted here for a while either...

It's not hard to get Level 100 characters, geez if I was bothered to waste an hour or so i'd be grinding to get a whole set of Level 100 characters, ok maybe longer than hour but you know were i'm getting at.

Yeah we should totally do that...
But I don't understand what happens if we do trade Friend cards, do you get like some reward or something? I'm pretty sure we can't play online.
But if you want i'm fine with that Grin
@ Ultimate: It's surely longer than 1 hour, because I've done it and get all my character to level 100 Wink . If I'm not mistaken then it's probably 3 hours or more.

Well, I think we will get rewards if we trade Friend Cards straight from PSP (from my PSP to your PSP), but since I don't know where you are (and I don't think you can meet me face to face) it's hardly possible for us to do that.

But we can trade using computer, right? Just upload your Friend Card(s) and give me the link to download it.