Delete the Beyblade anime and manga forum?

Poll: Should the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum be deleted?

Yes
36.36%
No
63.64%
Total: 100% 33 vote(s)
I'm going to say no, purely because if you do you'll be cutting off any sort of new userbase. As much as you guys like to be one happy family, the only way we'll gain interest from new users in the hobby - is by letting them discuss the anime and manga to some extent.

The anime and manga of beyblade can be discussed sensibly. You just need to show them how. As previously stated, with the new series on the horizon too... i'd certainly like a place just to talk about it informally.
Nikku Wrote:I'm going to say no, purely because if you do you'll be cutting off any sort of new userbase. As much as you guys like to be one happy family, the only way we'll gain interest from new users in the hobby - is by letting them discuss the anime and manga to some extent.

Whether or not you'd like to admit it, this board is pretty obviously focused on the actual game of beyblade.

With the new series comes a new line of beyblades and I don't think removing the anime part of the forum is going to be "cutting off any sort of new userbase" because chances are more than likely that new fans who stumble across the anime will take an interest in the game as well, and its pretty much our goal to educate them on the game and the strategies involved.

If anything, having an anime discussion board will detract from our purpose because it will turn into a breeding ground for stupidity. I have no doubt in my mind that topics such as "X character is better than Y character - DISCUSS WHY HERE" will show up and probably populate the majority of the forum.

Obviously this type of discussion isn't productive in any way, shape or form and again, completely detracts from our goal of educating new players on the game. I'm sure new boards will pop up for discussion of the new anime series and I think if people want to discuss it, they should seek out these boards because the anime isn't really relevant here.
rukiachann Wrote:well i dont like beyblading but i just like the characters. i mean beyblade was not a very nice show obviously it is nothing infront of animes like bleach and deathnote.actually beyblade is based on sports so that's the main problem i think.so i dont want championships or something and want something different in new season but that's impossible because beyblade is a sport game so championship is important 4 the show

hahahahahaha!!!!!

Why not just lock it, and leave all the retarded comic relief there? If you want to do the right thing, you'd delete that forum.
Why bother deleting it?

It's true that the main focus of this site and of this forum is the actual game of Beyblading; but if the anime and manga forum is going to draw in new users, it should definately stay there. They may not register to Beywiki with the intent of talking about strategies and customisations but they will probably start to explore other areas of the site and discover that there is more to Beyblading than meets the eye.

If you delete the forum, potential new players of the game will be lost. I really think you should keep it.

If it's the moderation of the forum that you are worried about (i.e. you can't be arsed to deal with it), hire a specific moderator just for that section of the site. That way, the fans on the anime/manga forum are happy, the forum is under watch and anyone who doesn't want to partake in the conversations held there don't have to. They can just ignore it. I really don't see any reason why it should be deleted!
Just keep it theres no need to delete it.
Why delete it? It doesn't take up much space and if people want to use it--they will. If you don't like it then just don't use it.
Obviously I thought this issue was settled ages ago ... but I'm not going to delete it.
This is probably a ridiculously old topic buuut...

Have you considered moving it into the Media section as a sub-forum? That way it doesn't look so out of place on the main page, and it still exists on the site for those who want to discuss it.
Carina Wrote:This is probably a ridiculously old topic buuut...

Have you considered moving it into the Media section as a sub-forum? That way it doesn't look so out of place on the main page, and it still exists on the site for those who want to discuss it.

I have, actually. What does everyone think of this?
Bey Brad Wrote:
Carina Wrote:This is probably a ridiculously old topic buuut...

I have, actually. What does everyone think of this?

I like this idea.
ok why not sound ok to me.