Crystal wheel meta

[Image: 6042758533386665202?cbp=176apxmcd2pxe&sv...atform%3D1]
What if I told you there was a world where synchro a didn't exist, and crystal wheels were cool. . .
I was wondering if we could do testing and make a non sync meta. I have some thoughts, and would be happy to test. I apologize if there is another topic like this but whatever. Use this thread to discuss crystal wheels and let's try to make something of a limited zero g meta! Go crystal wheels
My opinion on why there isn't a crystal wheel meta is because of weight: a Revizer-Revizer Synchrom will absolutely demolish any chrome-crystal wheel combo. The crystal wheels are just too light to add any significance to a meta dominated by heavy combos. Even Basalt will demolish a chrome-crystal combo.
(Aug. 02, 2014  1:39 AM)iVtechboyinpa Wrote: My opinion on why there isn't a crystal wheel meta is because of weight: a Revizer-Revizer Synchrom will absolutely demolish any chrome-crystal wheel combo. The crystal wheels are just too light to add any significance to a meta dominated by heavy combos. Even Basalt will demolish a chrome-crystal combo.

The point is for a separate meta without sychrome. I understand how sychromes work and why they are good. What I'm saying is we have a separate meta that use crystal wheels instead of a second metal wheel. It would only be zero g beys as well.
(Aug. 02, 2014  1:41 AM)Thumbnail Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2014  1:39 AM)iVtechboyinpa Wrote: My opinion on why there isn't a crystal wheel meta is because of weight: a Revizer-Revizer Synchrom will absolutely demolish any chrome-crystal wheel combo. The crystal wheels are just too light to add any significance to a meta dominated by heavy combos. Even Basalt will demolish a chrome-crystal combo.

The point is for a separate meta without sychrome. I understand how sychromes work and why they are good. What I'm saying is we have a separate meta that use crystal wheels instead of a second metal wheel. It would only be zero g beys as well.

Ah, that's what you meant. My bad! Now that I'd be interested in. I hate having useless parts lying around, plus I'd love to make use of a Samurai Ifraid combo :3
Umm, theres a whole forum for this so...
I would expect that thief would be a good part, and ifraid is fairly heavy so he would be good, anything that spins left. Reviser could make use of samurai because of how tame the cw is. See, this will be fun, and give us something new to compete in.

There is. Fuuuuuuuuuu. Oh well, I'll find it. This will get closed soon anyway if that is so
The Limited format already allows the use of Zero-G parts, and we have started an initiative to see how those limited parts would behave in Zero-G Stadiums. As such, from current testing and according to what was posted in the Winning Combinations thread, we already know what the "meta" would be like without Synchrom and by using Crystal Wheels, because that is, in part, what the Limited format exists for.