Beyblade X Manga and Anime Discussion

Xtreme Scanlation's English translation of the volume 2 omake chapters is out.
(Jan. 27, 2024  11:34 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2024  9:23 PM)Bey100 Wrote: What are you talking about? Most of the problems the anime has the manga does as in exactly what has developed in the manga NOTHING.Bird still sucks in the manga and there is barely any character arcs. In fact as disappointed I am in the anime the anime is honestly better if I’m being completely honest. Look can we please just agree to disagree? I’m getting tired of this..

Alright, objectively the anime is worse than the manga

(Jan. 27, 2024  9:36 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Yeah, if only all of those improvements affected the plot. Like giving Bird a draw instead of a loss. Or better yet, a positive win ratio. And Ekusu recently used the infinity X Dash, something that no other blader has used.

Giving him wins would screw over his development. Be patient or don’t bother.
What development? If he’s apparently learning more about the game, wouldn’t it be logical that he wins? If you get better at something, you usually succeed more at it. And I find it a little interesting that when the main character learns more techniques and skill, they end up winning. Almost like the improvement brought positive consequences. But I’ve only noticed that in manga like One piece and Naruto, which are also conveniently some of the most popular medias in the world.
(Jan. 28, 2024  6:58 AM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2024  11:34 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Alright, objectively the anime is worse than the manga

Giving him wins would screw over his development. Be patient or don’t bother.
What development? If he’s apparently learning more about the game, wouldn’t it be logical that he wins? If you get better at something, you usually succeed more at it. And I find it a little interesting that when the main character learns more techniques and skill, they end up winning. Almost like the improvement brought positive consequences. But I’ve only noticed that in manga like One piece and Naruto, which are also conveniently some of the most popular medias in the world.

I don't expect Bird to win against Pro Bladers. Unlike the series mentioned, Beyblade X is trying to go for grounded power scaling. Bird's only had a couple weeks to improve, so it's not like he'll suddenly be Pro Blader material. I don't expect a middle school basketball player to be NBA level in a couple weeks. However, a middle school basketball player can still pick up skills and tricks to develop their basketball prowess.

That being said, it's kind of weird Bird loses to literal nobodies even outside the Pro League. Bird was "undefeated" in his hometown, yet loses to low level grunts like the punks from the previous episode.

I think the problem is we're told that Bird is "improved" but we don't get any tangible demonstration of his new skills or tricks besides "Bird tried a new oonga boonga". In the recent chapter for example, they could've added a panel or two hinting Bird's Infinite X Dash did something...instead of telling us at the very end of the chapter. If the readers aren't aware Bird did anything, the payoff at the end doesn't work.

Happens during the Kadovar Test as well, where we don't realize until the very end, and Bird (and the audience) have to be TOLD that Bird did something. We need to be SHOWN Bird did something.
(Jan. 28, 2024  7:12 AM)KIO Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2024  6:58 AM)Orichalcum Wrote: What development? If he’s apparently learning more about the game, wouldn’t it be logical that he wins? If you get better at something, you usually succeed more at it. And I find it a little interesting that when the main character learns more techniques and skill, they end up winning. Almost like the improvement brought positive consequences. But I’ve only noticed that in manga like One piece and Naruto, which are also conveniently some of the most popular medias in the world.

I don't expect Bird to win against Pro Bladers. Unlike the series mentioned, Beyblade X is trying to go for grounded power scaling. Bird's only had a couple weeks to improve, so it's not like he'll suddenly be Pro Blader material. I don't expect a middle school basketball player to be NBA level in a couple weeks. However, a middle school basketball player can still pick up skills and tricks to develop their basketball prowess.

That being said, it's kind of weird Bird loses to literal nobodies even outside the Pro League. Bird was "undefeated" in his hometown, yet loses to low level grunts like the punks from the previous episode.

I think the problem is we're told that Bird is "improved" but we don't get any tangible demonstration of his new skills or tricks besides "Bird tried a new oonga boonga". In the recent chapter for example, they could've added a panel or two hinting Bird's Infinite X Dash did something...instead of telling us at the very end of the chapter. If the readers aren't aware Bird did anything, the payoff at the end doesn't work.

Happens during the Kadovar Test as well, where we don't realize until the very end, and Bird (and the audience) have to be TOLD that Bird did something. We need to be SHOWN Bird did something.
Precisely my thoughts.
Well to be fair, those street battle guys did cheat. Bird wasn't prepared for that.
(Jan. 28, 2024  9:48 PM)Ice-Leopard Wrote: Well to be fair, those street battle guys did cheat. Bird wasn't prepared for that.

This anime-exclusive fight was kind of interesting. Instead of crumbling when he loses, Bird rightfully calls them out and persists. This is the kind of Bird we need, but it would be even better to see Bird overcome their dirty tricks on his own as well, without needing Ekusu to save the day.

The benefits of the anime is that the extended length of the anime allows them to flesh out Bird a bit more with training and character moments. My hope is anime Bird maintains this momentum, and they don't have Bird resort back to "; - ; I-I lost again?" every single time he has a setback.

We're outright told Bird is persistent and never gives up by Hina in episode 13, but it's undermined when every time he loses, the writers want to make him crumble and cry. It almost feels out of character for Bird; this is the same guy who had the courage to take a shot at the Pro League, with 2 strangers, even when his friends left him and he got a reality check about his skill level.
I don’t mind bird losing a couple of times. However this is getting repetitive and boring. Every bird battle related preview video is getting to obvious at this point, we can literally assume he will lose and he would gain nothing from that. The fan girl episode could have been a good video for bird to get some development, but nope. Just had to ruin it. Heck, it would even be better if bird got one win and continued his losing streak, but Jesus Christ. There is no point in watching bird on the big screen if his only purpose is to lose. Call that harsh, sure, but I’m being realistic. Not all characters have to lose all the time just to get some development.

Also this anime is confusing. The writers want to reward him by making bird a pro blader and make him a team leader, but allow him to lose multiple times in every video? What type of “development” is that? So let me get this straight, they are hoping people wake up every Friday morning to watch a bird related episode, just to see bird lose again? How long do they plan on keeping this embarrassment going? The only way I can see bird winning at this point is that if bird goes up against an antagonist with dark energy and transfers it to bird’s bey in order to develop some dark resonance. But I doubt that would happen either. So we are stuck with a bad story that isn’t going to get us anywhere and have us continue to question why bird is even a protagonist to begin with. Like, enough of this nonsense. Have bird train to get better rather than putting filler, have him battle against a squirrel if he has to, but at least give him a win. We don’t need another blind devoy. And even blind manages to get a ring out finish at least.
So they don't keep ONE OK ROCK song for other countries, huh?

Alright, I'm putting my bet Our Last Night for the English dub.
(Feb. 05, 2024  1:49 PM)VillainorHero78 Wrote: So they don't keep ONE OK ROCK song for other countries, huh?

thought it was(allegedly) confirmed that Prove will be used for western dubs?
(Feb. 05, 2024  2:35 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2024  1:49 PM)VillainorHero78 Wrote: So they don't keep ONE OK ROCK song for other countries, huh?

thought it was(allegedly) confirmed that Prove will be used for western dubs?

Yes we Will get « Prove ».
The girl in the opening (membre of team Pendragon) is the sister of Multi. Nanairo Shiguro.
(Feb. 14, 2024  4:57 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: The girl in the opening (membre of team Pendragon) is the sister of Multi. Nanairo Shiguro.

Well that changes a lot 😶
(Feb. 14, 2024  4:57 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: The girl in the opening (membre of team Pendragon) is the sister of Multi. Nanairo Shiguro.
You know it's funny because I lowkey thought that she would be Multi's sister since the info from Multi's Korean bio. I remember SOMEBODY said that Shiguro couldn't be Multi's sister because of their different skin colors which was beyond stupid.
(Feb. 14, 2024  6:38 PM)Dark red Wrote:
You know it's funny because I lowkey thought that she would be Multi's sister since the info from Multi's Korean bio. I remember SOMEBODY said that Shiguro couldn't be Multi's sister because of their different skin colors which was beyond stupid.

Shiguro must be super tanned then.
(Feb. 14, 2024  6:52 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2024  6:38 PM)Dark red Wrote: You know it's funny because I lowkey thought that she would be Multi's sister since the info from Multi's Korean bio. I remember SOMEBODY said that Shiguro couldn't be Multi's sister because of their different skin colors which was beyond stupid.

Shiguro must be super tanned then.
Yeah, or Shiguro is an adopted, in-law, or even a fraternal sibling.
(For the record Shiguro/Shiguru is a tentative translation, the actual spelling is unknown until she debutes in the anime)

This chapter was short but good, I like how "Shiguru" just

Neat little detail I noticed but ekusu and bird get minor design updates at the end, ekusu getting little wristbands and bird getting fingerless gloves (and I didn't notice before but he got a little chain by his pocket after getting hells chain)
Xtreme Scanlation's English translation of chapter 9 is out.

Also who the heck is calling her "ShiguRO" lol. How did people mix up "ル" and "ロ"
I’m a little curious. What is the likelihood that Beyblade continues airing the dub on Disney XD when Beyblade X is released in international markets?
(Feb. 18, 2024  2:39 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: I’m a little curious. What is the likelihood that Beyblade continues airing the dub on Disney XD when Beyblade X is released in international markets?

99%. Because all series are available on DisneyNOW.
QS is also still airing on Disney XD via reruns. It would be weird if X moved channels.
Here are my current thoughts on Bird:

Yeah, Bird is an actual FRAUD!!!! What kind of Beyblade protagonist goes through 20 episodes and 9 chapters without winning a single battle?!?!? And how many variants of Hells Scythe does this clown need before getting a single dub?!?!?!? Multi needs to stop giving this useless bum Beys that he doesn't deserve. Like, bro lost to his old bey while using an upgraded version of it. And bro really has the audacity to call himself a "Pro" something X Kurosu is?!?!? Boi, stop the cap, you are not even an amateur, you are just a fraudulent blader!!!! No wins, no assistances, but multiple times of being carried by X and Multi with yo fraudulent @$$. Like, now I understand why Takumi did what he did in the beginning, destroying the Beys of weak bladers because this cr@p is ridiculous. And I will never understand why some people will say they like Bird better than Valt, Gingka, or Tyson cause he's a more "realistic" protagonist. I don't care how realistic he is, bro got no wins and has a lame personality compared to the previous protagonists. As a matter of fact, forget Bird as the protagonist, the real protagonist is X, I don't care what anyone says. Bird is just a background character placed in a side character's place.
this chapter is weird
[Image: bYFrT2w.jpeg]
(Feb. 18, 2024  9:20 PM)Xcess-Z Wrote: this chapter is weird
[Image: bYFrT2w.jpeg]

You complaining is weird
(Feb. 18, 2024  7:07 PM)Dark red Wrote: Here are my current thoughts on Bird:

Yeah, Bird is an actual FRAUD!!!! What kind of Beyblade protagonist goes through 20 episodes and 9 chapters without winning a single battle?!?!? And how many variants of Hells Scythe does this clown need before getting a single dub?!?!?!? Multi needs to stop giving this useless bum Beys that he doesn't deserve. Like, bro lost to his old bey while using an upgraded version of it. And bro really has the audacity to call himself a "Pro" something X Kurosu is?!?!? Boi, stop the cap, you are not even an amateur, you are just a fraudulent blader!!!! No wins, no assistances, but multiple times of being carried by X and Multi with yo fraudulent @$$. Like, now I understand why Takumi did what he did in the beginning, destroying the Beys of weak bladers because this cr@p is ridiculous. And I will never understand why some people will say they like Bird better than Valt, Gingka, or Tyson cause he's a more "realistic" protagonist. I don't care how realistic he is, bro got no wins and has a lame personality compared to the previous protagonists. As a matter of fact, forget Bird as the protagonist, the real protagonist is X, I don't care what anyone says. Bird is just a background character placed in a side character's place.

Again, still don’t understand this “hE’s ThE pRoTaGoNIsT, hE hAs To WiN!!11!1” logic. It’s all about development. If Bird won all the time he’d be just like Ekusu: an uninteresting character that we’ve seen over the past 25 years.