Beyblade Burst QuadStrike Episode #18

(Jun. 08, 2023  8:04 PM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: 18) Darkness Unleashed! Winds of Change!
Air Date: July 29th, 2023 at 9:00am (Disney XD US)

It's the final stage of the Champion's Challenge, and the pressure is on when Pax gives Pri some strict instructions on how to use Pandora.

Episode description is now available.
(Jul. 27, 2023  6:27 AM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2023  8:04 PM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: 18) Darkness Unleashed! Winds of Change!

It's the final stage of the Champion's Challenge, and the pressure is on when Pax gives Pri some strict instructions on how to use Pandora.

I'm guessing she'll either go against the instructions or follow them and still lose. Either way this will probably be where Pax separates himself from Pri.
(Jul. 27, 2023  6:27 AM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote:

Really, Pax? Instructions? Is he going to force his sister to read those manual books on how to win with Pandora? This obsessive-elemental man can't even explain why Quadra's mask can't help Pri beat the Legends,
How do you guys think the battle will go?
爆裂と爆風!!
Bakuretsu to Bakufū!!

The Japanese title has been added. The Japanese to English translation is "Explosive and Blasting!!".

Thanks to KIO for helping with the translation.
I knew Bel will burst Pri's Twister Pandora in the Semi Final, I knew it.
Episode 18
I like Pri’s character arc, but what is she going to do for the rest of the season?
(Jul. 29, 2023  4:00 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: I like Pri’s character arc, but what is she going to do for the rest of the season?

Probably help Bel and the others deal with Pax when he makes Pandemonium.
(Jul. 29, 2023  5:28 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2023  4:00 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: I like Pri’s character arc, but what is she going to do for the rest of the season?

Probably help Bel and the others deal with Pax when he makes Pandemonium.

How so? It’s not like she’s going to beat Pax. Matter of fact, what meaningful battles will she even get from here out? The roster’s already been used.
(Jul. 29, 2023  5:32 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2023  5:28 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: Probably help Bel and the others deal with Pax when he makes Pandemonium.

How so? It’s not like she’s going to beat Pax. Matter of fact, what meaningful battles will she even get from here out? The roster’s already been used.

Idk how since we gotta see how the plot unfolds when Pandemonium shows up but she'll definitely play some role in dealing with Pax. As for battles I honestly don't know, but she still has her rivalry with Bel so I can see a battle between them near or for the end of QS.
Take it how you want but Pax is an amazingly developed character and actually has a rational plot going for him unlike Lean and Rashad. Definitely the best antagonist we have had since Phi imo.
(Jul. 29, 2023  11:50 PM)Cath Wrote: Take it how you want but Pax is an amazingly developed character and actually has a rational plot going for him unlike Lean and Rashad. Definitely the best antagonist we have had since Phi imo.

I actually gotta agree with this. Never took the time to rate Pax as a antagonist. I do kinda favor him over Rashad and Lean.
Pri and Pax have been great so far. I worry a bit about how they plan to conclude the conflict though - it feels like Pri should be the one to face Pax in a final battle. But from the Light Ignite Battle Set, we know Bel is going to fight Pax at some point. I really hope this doesn't become a 'Bel has to beat Pax to make Pax realize he was wrong' when thematically it makes way more sense for Pri and not Bel.
(Jul. 29, 2023  11:50 PM)Cath Wrote: Take it how you want but Pax is an amazingly developed character and actually has a rational plot going for him unlike Lean and Rashad. Definitely the best antagonist we have had since Phi imo.

What? He’s irrefutably better than Phi. Phi was dangerous, but we have no idea what motivates him to destroy beys. With Pax we already know why he wants to control and manipulate Pri. Also manipulation is the newest thing to come to the Burst series. Power is fine, but it’s used by every relevant character so it gets boring after a while. I’d say it’s much more interesting to see the antagonist use their wits to become a threat rather than just destroy everything in his path. But speaking of power, we already know he was international level at his prime and clearly knows his stuff about modern beys, so once he gets in the stadium, he’ll be a force to be reckoned with.
(Jul. 30, 2023  1:45 AM)Orichalcum Wrote:

What? He’s irrefutably better than Phi. Phi was dangerous, but we have no idea what motivates him to destroy beys. With Pax we already know why he wants to control and manipulate Pri. Also manipulation is the newest thing to come to the Burst series. Power is fine, but it’s used by every relevant character so it gets boring after a while. I’d say it’s much more interesting to see the antagonist use their wits to become a threat rather than just destroy everything in his path. But speaking of power, we already know he was international level at his prime and clearly knows his stuff about modern beys, so once he gets in the stadium, he’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

You’d be very surprised. He’s honestly one of, if not the most complex character to come out of the franchise. I’m making a huge character analysis on him. Deep stuff. Same with Lain, Rashad, Bell, Suoh/Fubuki, Aiger, Hyuga/Hikaru, Basara, Ranzo, etc.
(Aug. 01, 2023  11:53 PM)IsaacGravity Wrote:

I’d argue that the gimmick interactions and special effects has prior seasons much better than QS in terms of battles. Remember Aiga vs Phi(Now that I think about it, literally anybody vs Phi)? Valt vs Lane? Amane vs Arthur? QS doesn’t have good battles imo because the lack of gimmicks just leaves the battles using the same choreography we have been seeing for the entire burst franchise. It’s essentially season 1, but with a poorer drawing style. But overall, this is a pretty good post.

Second claim is very ridiculous. QS battles although good, pale in comparison to the past 4 seasons worth of battles. I could give you dozens of examples.
How is the battle in QS better than previous season?With no gimmicks it’s just two beys hitting each other with no strategy, no gimmicks, and basically nothing.
Putting aside Orichalcum, who made a fair argument based on his views and left it there the ones that came after that seem to have an issue with calling the kettle black and a hard grasp.

You praise the Cho-Z - DB for having better battles that's your take and I can easily respect that. However I prefer simplicity. The Blader's letting their raw abilities and their Blade's specs (this includes ACUTUAL gimmicks like like rubber tips/steel ball sides etc) do the talking with just the right amount of magical spinning top energy to tip the scales.

So to Orichalcum, yeah I wasn't being totally fair to generalize as the earlier parts of of GT and DB where Dante/Drum and Bell were actively upgrading their beys to be able to counter various situations was good stuff and actual strategy.

But for the others what you saw as amazing visuals and gimmicks (like parts ricocheting about the field as if it's supposed to be some devastating attacks, flavors of the season like gold turbo or hyper resonance/flare being the reason certain faces of the seasons were such animals) I saw as impractical BS and bigger fireball syndrome. Because that's what the majority of those battles were. In fact, don't even get me started on the nonsense that was every single Phi and Lane fight.

Except for that time Phi destroyed Achilles I enjoyed that. Aiga had that coming.

QS gives me that. I can actually respect a number of characters now since the animation team stripped a lot of that down and we can see the battles for what they are.
(Aug. 04, 2023  1:52 PM)IsaacGravity Wrote: Putting aside Orichalcum, who made a fair argument based on his views and left it there the ones that came after that seem to have an issue with calling the kettle black and a hard grasp.

You praise the Cho-Z - DB for having better battles that's your take and I can easily respect that. However I prefer simplicity. The Blader's letting their raw abilities and their Blade's specs (this includes ACUTUAL gimmicks like like rubber tips/steel ball sides etc)  do the talking with just the right amount of magical spinning top energy to tip the scales.

So to Orichalcum, yeah I wasn't being totally fair to generalize as the earlier parts of of GT and DB where Dante/Drum and Bell were actively upgrading their beys to be able to counter various situations was good stuff and actual strategy.

But for the others what you saw as amazing visuals and gimmicks (like parts ricocheting about the field as if it's supposed to be some devastating attacks, flavors of the season like gold turbo or hyper resonance/flare being the reason certain faces of the seasons were such animals) I saw as impractical BS and bigger fireball syndrome.  Because that's what the majority of those battles were. In fact, don't even get me started on the nonsense that was every single Phi and Lane fight.

Except for that time Phi destroyed Achilles I enjoyed that. Aiga had that coming.

QS gives me that. I can actually respect a number of characters now since the animation team stripped a lot of that down and we can see the battles for what they are.
Gimmicks literally make every bey unique and special in their own way (well most). What’s now special about Achilles since it literally has no new gimmicks or anything cool. Gimmicks  is one of the biggest appeal to Beyblade in general and  getting rid of that in QuadStrike makes absolutely no sense . The Lane and Phi battles had Lucifer and Phoenix which allowed for some cool battles and added more tension to the battles. Plus it allowed for some creative concepts to be used. In QS that was literally taken away…. but I guess agree to disagree