Beyblade Burst QuadStrike Episode #14

(Jun. 11, 2023  1:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  2:15 AM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: Gotta disagree. QuadStrike is way too dull in my opinion and lost the hype/momentum it had when it started. I definitely set my hopes and expectations too high for this season when I learned that they were gonna incorporate Elemental powers into this season.

I entirely disagree. I've been enjoying QuadStrike very much, and I can't wait for the rest of the episodes. To each their own of course.
Yeah, and I appreciate it's realistic nature. I wouldn't even mind if Bel lost to all of the legend and the final battle is against Pri and he wins.
(Jun. 11, 2023  1:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  2:15 AM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: Gotta disagree. QuadStrike is way too dull in my opinion and lost the hype/momentum it had when it started. I definitely set my hopes and expectations too high for this season when I learned that they were gonna incorporate Elemental powers into this season.

I entirely disagree. I've been enjoying QuadStrike very much, and I can't wait for the rest of the episodes. To each their own of course.

👌

(Jun. 11, 2023  2:11 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  1:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I entirely disagree. I've been enjoying QuadStrike very much, and I can't wait for the rest of the episodes. To each their own of course.
Yeah, and I appreciate it's realistic nature. I wouldn't even mind if Bel lost to all of the legend and the final battle is against Pri and he wins.

So basically have Bel lose to everybody in QuadStrike and only win against one person? That wouldn't be realistic at all.
(Jun. 11, 2023  4:50 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  1:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I entirely disagree. I've been enjoying QuadStrike very much, and I can't wait for the rest of the episodes. To each their own of course.

👌

(Jun. 11, 2023  2:11 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah, and I appreciate it's realistic nature. I wouldn't even mind if Bel lost to all of the legend and the final battle is against Pri and he wins.

So basically have Bel lose to everybody in QuadStrike and only win against one person? That wouldn't be realistic at all.
Yes it would, Bel (while I think he is a decent protagonist) is not a good blader and it was shown on multiple occasions. In DB he had very high plot armor.
(Jun. 11, 2023  8:55 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  4:50 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: 👌

Yes it would, Bel (while I think he is a decent protagonist) is not a good blader and it was shown on multiple occasions. In DB he had very high plot armor.

It wouldn't be realistic at all. And Bel is both a decent protagonist and blader. He's beaten Lui, Shu, and Valt among others and you can't say every win he had in DB was thanks to plot armor as Bel's been shown using strategy to win some of his battles. Having only be capable of beating one person would make absolutely no sense. I will admit his plot armor was high in DB and he's definitely not the best but he is a good blader.
(Jun. 11, 2023  8:55 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  4:50 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: 👌

The same Bell that burst Valt and Lui at the start of DB with no gears Dynamite Belial?
(Jun. 12, 2023  9:37 AM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  8:55 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yes it would, Bel (while I think he is a decent protagonist) is not a good blader and it was shown on multiple occasions. In DB he had very high plot armor.

The same Bell that burst Valt and Lui at the start of DB with no gears Dynamite Belial?
When they had Sparking beys. Not impressed, plus Valt wrecked him with Brave Valkyrie in the first battle.

(Jun. 11, 2023  11:01 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2023  8:55 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yes it would, Bel (while I think he is a decent protagonist) is not a good blader and it was shown on multiple occasions. In DB he had very high plot armor.

It wouldn't be realistic at all. And Bel is both a decent protagonist and blader. He's beaten Lui, Shu, and Valt among others and you can't say every win he had in DB was thanks to plot armor as Bel's been shown using strategy to win some of his battles. Having only be capable of beating one person would make absolutely no sense. I will admit his plot armor was high in DB and he's definitely not the best but he is a good blader.
I'm fine with him beating Kit and Xander, he already beat Hyuga and Ken. If he beats Drum I'll have mixes thoughts, he absolutely is not capable of beating Aiga and Valt. I'm not the biggest fun of Aiga, but if he loses to Bel it's BS.
(Jun. 12, 2023  11:47 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  9:37 AM)Orichalcum Wrote: The same Bell that burst Valt and Lui at the start of DB with no gears Dynamite Belial?
When they had Sparking beys. Not impressed, plus Valt wrecked him with Brave Valkyrie in the first battle.

(Jun. 11, 2023  11:01 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: It wouldn't be realistic at all. And Bel is both a decent protagonist and blader. He's beaten Lui, Shu, and Valt among others and you can't say every win he had in DB was thanks to plot armor as Bel's been shown using strategy to win some of his battles. Having only be capable of beating one person would make absolutely no sense. I will admit his plot armor was high in DB and he's definitely not the best but he is a good blader.
I'm fine with him beating Kit and Xander, he already beat Hyuga and Ken. If he beats Drum I'll have mixes thoughts, he absolutely is not capable of beating Aiga and Valt. I'm not the biggest fun of Aiga, but if he loses to Bel it's BS.
I can agree with this response. But it's worth mentioning that Bel also beat Valt and Lui when they had DB beys; he even won against Valt twice without gears with Devastate Belfyre.
(Jun. 12, 2023  2:20 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  11:47 AM)g2_ Wrote: When they had Sparking beys. Not impressed, plus Valt wrecked him with Brave Valkyrie in the first battle.

I can agree with this response. But it's worth mentioning that Bel also beat Valt and Lui when they had DB beys; he even won against Valt twice without gears with Devastate Belfyre.

Then he got completely destroyed by Valt and Ultimate.

[Image: ultimate-slash-v-dominates.gif]

[Image: ultimate-slash-v-power.gif]

Valt also wrecked him a number of times with Savior.
(Jun. 12, 2023  2:28 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  2:20 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: I can agree with this response. But it's worth mentioning that Bel also beat Valt and Lui when they had DB beys; he even won against Valt twice without gears with Devastate Belfyre.

Then he got completely destroyed by Valt and Ultimate.

And then Bel beat both Valt and Rashad at the same time in a 3 way, leaving DB winning the last battles he had with both of them.
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:00 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  2:28 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Then he got completely destroyed by Valt and Ultimate.

And then Bel beat both Valt and Rashad at the same time in a 3 way, leaving DB winning the last battles he had with both of them.

It should be said that once Valt and Lui got DB beys Bell was virtually no competition to them. He only beat a DB bey wielding Lui after getting wrecked so many times Lui was ready to walk away from him and with Valt he had to achieve his overdrive shoot before he could burst Valkyrie. His other no gear win on Valt was slightly less impressive as well since it was only a ringout.
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:26 PM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:00 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: And then Bel beat both Valt and Rashad at the same time in a 3 way, leaving DB winning the last battles he had with both of them.

It should be said that once Valt and Lui got DB beys Bell was virtually no competition to them. He only beat a DB bey wielding Lui after getting wrecked so many times Lui was ready to walk away from him and with Valt he had to achieve his overdrive shoot before he could burst Valkyrie. His other no gear win on Valt was slightly less impressive as well since it was only a ringout.
Bel still wrecked them both. Ringout or Burst a no gear win for Bel over Valt is huge for him and shows he has the skill to beat bladers that out rank him. Plus Bel overall is definitely a weird character to gauge in terms of how strong he truly is because you can make strong arguments for him being a weak or strong character and there's enough proof in the anime and manga to support either side of the debate. Personally I'm not going to brush off or downplay Bel's skill and abilities, I know he's not the best but not too many characters have beaten the top bladers in the series but Bel is among the few who have.
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:00 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  2:28 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Then he got completely destroyed by Valt and Ultimate.

Bel never had another 1v1 with Valt after this. Valt won their last battle against each other with ease. As for the battle royal result, he caught both Rashad and Valt unawares given they were busy battling each other. He didn't overpower them, he took advantage of thier distracted, preoccupied state, which was smart, but doesn't make him stronger than them, particularly Valt, if that was the implication.
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:44 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:26 PM)BondsofTime Wrote: It should be said that once Valt and Lui got DB beys Bell was virtually no competition to them. He only beat a DB bey wielding Lui after getting wrecked so many times Lui was ready to walk away from him and with Valt he had to achieve his overdrive shoot before he could burst Valkyrie. His other no gear win on Valt was slightly less impressive as well since it was only a ringout.
Bel still wrecked them both. Ringout or Burst a no gear win for Bel over Valt is huge for him and shows he has the skill to beat bladers that out rank him. Plus Bel overall is definitely a weird character to gauge in terms of how strong he truly is because you can make strong arguments for him being a weak or strong character and there's enough proof in the anime and manga to support either side of the debate. Personally I'm not going to brush off or downplay Bel's skill and abilities, I know he's not the best but not too many characters have beaten the top bladers in the series but Bel is among the few who have.

Bel still couldn't beat Drum, Xander, and was shown being equally matched with Hyuga. In DB he had gears to buff him and even without them his opponents (except for Ranzo and Basara) were usually above him in power and or skill, he lost to Lui, Free, Valt, and Rashad more than he won against them. Unless Bel's fighting a low to mid level blader he almost always struggled to beat his opponents and with no gears to save his 🍑 In QS we're getting a look at what Bel can actually do on his own for once and while he is good he's still leagues behind the actual top tier bladers in Burst.
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:00 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: And then Bel beat both Valt and Rashad at the same time in a 3 way, leaving DB winning the last battles he had with both of them.

Bel never had another 1v1 with Valt after this. Valt won their last battle against each other with ease. As for the battle royal result, he caught both Rashad and Valt unawares given they were busy battling each other. He didn't overpower them, he took advantage of thier distracted, preoccupied state, which was smart, but doesn't make him stronger than them, particularly Valt, if that was the implication.

True, but Bell managed to clash with Valkyrie when they were fighting in the 3 way and managed to force Valkyrie to the lower level which was the prerequisite for the plan anyway. Also, they both burst EOS Raphael, which implies that Bell and Valt are at least relative. If you really like Bell, you can acknowledge that Valt fought a damaged Raphael while Bell fought a prime version that had a new move as well.

(Jun. 12, 2023  4:12 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Bel never had another 1v1 with Valt after this. Valt won their last battle against each other with ease. As for the battle royal result, he caught both Rashad and Valt unawares given they were busy battling each other. He didn't overpower them, he took advantage of thier distracted, preoccupied state, which was smart, but doesn't make him stronger than them, particularly Valt, if that was the implication.

True, but Bell managed to clash with Valkyrie when they were fighting in the 3 way and managed to force Valkyrie to the lower level, the prerequisite for the plan anyway. Also, they both burst EOS Raphael, which implies that Bell and Valt are at least relative. If you really like Bell, you can acknowledge that Valt fought a damaged Raphael while Bell fought a prime version that had a new move as well.
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:12 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Bel never had another 1v1 with Valt after this. Valt won their last battle against each other with ease. As for the battle royal result, he caught both Rashad and Valt unawares given they were busy battling each other. He didn't overpower them, he took advantage of thier distracted, preoccupied state, which was smart, but doesn't make him stronger than them, particularly Valt, if that was the implication.

True, but Bell managed to clash with Valkyrie when they were fighting in the 3 way and managed to force Valkyrie to the lower level. Also, they both burst EOS Raphael, which implies that Bell and Valt are at least relative. If you really like Bell, you can acknowledge that Valt fought a damaged Raphael while Bell fought a prime version that had a new move as well.
A clash with Valtreyk that didn't even result a ring out finish doesn't indicate greater power. As far as Raphael is concerned, the damage it had while battling Valtreyk didn't limit its special moves the way Valtreyk preformed when it was damaged so it didn't effect Raphael's performance all that much. Also the new special move it used, Greatest Slam, was used to counteract the stopping of Glory Grown's activation. It wasn't a boost or anything. It's a very situational move. Valt took Rashad down 3-0. His performance against Rashad was better than Bel's so no I wouldn't say they were equal by the end of DB. Valt was the stronger blader.
(Jun. 12, 2023  3:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

The battle royale response was giving an example of Bel using skill/strategies to win. I never implied that he won that with power. Also the 1v1 with Valt wasn't the last anime battle they had, the battle royale was and Bel still owned both of them effortlessly. Meaning Bel left DB beating Valt in the last battle they had with each other. Getting distracted in a battle royale of all match types is the worst excuse one can have for losing it. Also(and I know anime & manga are different but this still counts), in the manga Bel is the one whom wins the last 1v1 between him and Valt.
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:28 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:

The battle royale response was giving an example of Bel using skill/strategies to win. I never implied that he won that with power. Also the 1v1 with Valt wasn't the last anime battle they had, the battle royale was and Bel still owned both of them effortlessly. Meaning Bel left DB beating Valt in the last battle they had with each other. Getting distracted in a battle royale of all match types is the worst excuse one can have for losing it. Also(and I know anime & manga are different but this still counts), in the manga Bel is the one whom wins the last 1v1 between him and Valt.

If you think Bel can beat Valt and Rashad then you are absolutely wrong, it was because of that stadium. Valt and Bel are not in the same league. Manga is irrelevant because Bel had tons of plot armor in that one.
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:20 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:12 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: True, but Bell managed to clash with Valkyrie when they were fighting in the 3 way and managed to force Valkyrie to the lower level. Also, they both burst EOS Raphael, which implies that Bell and Valt are at least relative. If you really like Bell, you can acknowledge that Valt fought a damaged Raphael while Bell fought a prime version that had a new move as well.
A clash with Valtreyk that didn't even result a ring out finish doesn't indicate greater power. As far as Raphael is concerned, the damage it had while battling Valtreyk didn't limit its special moves the way Valtreyk preformed when it was damaged so it didn't effect Raphael's performance all that much. Also the new special move it used, Greatest Slam, was used to counteract the stopping of Glory Grown's activation. It wasn't a boost or anything. It's a very situational move. Valt took Rashad down 3-0. His performance against Rashad was better than Bel's so no I wouldn't say they were equal by the end of DB. Valt was the stronger blader.

By clash, I mean fighting against in a battle, not one of those prolonged impacts. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. And “all that much” is still a decrease in performance. Greatest Slam still countered Belial’s abilities, so Bell was still facing a more difficult Rashad, at least when comparing how the abilities interact with each other. Finally I’m arguing Bell and Valt are relative, not equal. Valt is definitely stronger by the end of DB.

That real last battle between them was the last 1v1, thus no outside interference. That battle royale, was just that, a battle royale. It wasn't a true battle just between Valt and Bel. Now if Bel had been able to get Valtreyk alone and took on Valt by himself in the battle royale and won, that would be a different story, but that's not what happened. In Valt and Bel's actual last battle, 1v1, no outside factors, Valt owned him. Wrecked him with ease. 

Now going back to the battle royale, Valt was focused on Rashad and he on him when they were on the lower level. Bel wisely took advantage of that, but it wasn't a result of greater power that he won, but rather him taking advantage of their preoccupation with each other. Also when you think about it, neither Valt or Rashad could have struck Bel from where they were on the lower level so they had no choice but to just take each other on which worked to Bel's advantage. I'm not taking away Bel's ability to strategize in certain situations and take advantage of opportunities, but I'm pointing out that Bel was not stronger than Valt by the end of DB. 

It counts for the manga. Not the anime. It's the anime were discussing. The anime and the manga are different continuities and have different win/loss ratios and whole battles that occured in one and not the other. They aren't analogous.
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:38 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:28 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: The battle royale response was giving an example of Bel using skill/strategies to win. I never implied that he won that with power. Also the 1v1 with Valt wasn't the last anime battle they had, the battle royale was and Bel still owned both of them effortlessly. Meaning Bel left DB beating Valt in the last battle they had with each other. Getting distracted in a battle royale of all match types is the worst excuse one can have for losing it. Also(and I know anime & manga are different but this still counts), in the manga Bel is the one whom wins the last 1v1 between him and Valt.

If you think Bel can beat Valt and Rashad then you are absolutely wrong, it was because of that stadium. Valt and Bel are not in the same league. Manga is irrelevant because Bel had tons of plot armor in that one.
The stadium argument is a valid point, but the manga dub still was a canonical win written by the mangaka of the burst series, so “plot armor” doesn’t work. Also even if it was, Belial was gearless and we see how much the gears do. 4gears Belial mid diffs Valkyrie at worst in the manga. A better argument would to say that the anime and manga are two different mediums where the characters have different feats and abilities, and since QS has anime Bell, manga Bell’s feats are impertinent to the discussion.

Bell did not own Valt and Rashad, and that's not an excuse because it's true. Valt and Rashad were clearly focusing on the clash between themselves and because of that Bell got a clean shot from above. Not saying it's not skill but without V/R being in that situation Bell would have never got that shot to win in a 1 vs 1 confrontation. The next few battles even prove that as Bell lost to Rashad in the very next battle (even though close) 2-0 and Valt Dominated Rashad 3-0 right after. 

Also no the manga does not count since Bells feats in the manga don't translate to the anime by any means. Since they have different battles where bell has lost and won. Like you can't use Hyuga beating lane in the manga and use that in the anime. Plus even though Bell won nothing really changed as Valt still holds the top spot.

But otherwise Bell is still a really strong Bladder and one of few who can go toe to toe with legends and win so that should still mean something.
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:38 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:28 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: The battle royale response was giving an example of Bel using skill/strategies to win. I never implied that he won that with power. Also the 1v1 with Valt wasn't the last anime battle they had, the battle royale was and Bel still owned both of them effortlessly. Meaning Bel left DB beating Valt in the last battle they had with each other. Getting distracted in a battle royale of all match types is the worst excuse one can have for losing it. Also(and I know anime & manga are different but this still counts), in the manga Bel is the one whom wins the last 1v1 between him and Valt.

"If you think Bel can beat Valt and Rashad then you are absolutely wrong" 

I don't think. I know he can beat both Rashad and Valt because he's done so more than once.

"Valt and Bel are not in the same league."

When did I say he was in any of my previous replies? Okay then. 

"Manga is irrelevant because Bel had tons of plot armor in that one."

Invalid argument. I brought up Bel's manga win as a counter to Admiral's response that Valt won the last 1v1 they had as that response only applies to the anime. In the manga, Bel won the final battle between him and Valt.

(Jun. 12, 2023  4:47 PM)Phantom legend Wrote:

Bell did not own Valt and Rashad, and that's not an excuse because it's true. Valt and Rashad were clearly focusing on the clash between themselves and because of that Bell got a clean shot from above. Not saying it's not skill but without V/R being in that situation Bell would have never got that shot to win in a 1 vs 1 confrontation. The next few battles even prove that as Bell lost to Rashad in the very next battle (even though close) 2-0 and Valt Dominated Rashad 3-0 right after. 

Also no the manga does not count since Bells feats in the manga don't translate to the anime by any means. Since they have different battles where bell has lost and won. Like you can't use Hyuga beating lane in the manga and use that in the anime. Plus even though Bell won nothing really changed as Valt still holds the top spot.

But otherwise Bell is still a really strong Bladder and one of few who can go toe to toe with legends and win so that should still mean something.

Fair enough. But Bel did own Valt and Rashad in the battle royale and getting distracted in a royale is still more of an excuse than a valid reason for losing.... but I can agree with most of what you said.
I really wanna know how this thread went from us be excited for episode 14, to being divided over QuadStrike, to being divide over Bel as a character..
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:53 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2023  4:38 PM)g2_ Wrote: If you think Bel can beat Valt and Rashad then you are absolutely wrong, it was because of that stadium. Valt and Bel are not in the same league. Manga is irrelevant because Bel had tons of plot armor in that one.

"If you think Bel can beat Valt and Rashad then you are absolutely wrong" 

I don't think. I know he can beat both Rashad and Valt because he's done so more than once.

"Valt and Bel are not in the same league."

When did I say he was in any of my previous replies? Okay then. 

"Manga is irrelevant because Bel had tons of plot armor in that one."

Invalid argument. I brought up Bel's manga win as a counter to Admiral's response that Valt won the last 1v1 they had as that response only applies to the anime. In the manga, Bel won the final battle between him and Valt.

(Jun. 12, 2023  4:47 PM)Phantom legend Wrote: Bell did not own Valt and Rashad, and that's not an excuse because it's true. Valt and Rashad were clearly focusing on the clash between themselves and because of that Bell got a clean shot from above. Not saying it's not skill but without V/R being in that situation Bell would have never got that shot to win in a 1 vs 1 confrontation. The next few battles even prove that as Bell lost to Rashad in the very next battle (even though close) 2-0 and Valt Dominated Rashad 3-0 right after. 

Fair enough. But Bel did own Valt and Rashad in the battle royale and getting distracted in a royale is still more of an excuse than a valid reason for losing.... but I can agree with most of what you said.

Valt and Rashad had no choice but to focus on each other. They literally couldn't strike Bel from where they were on the lower level of the stadium. It's more than valid. Not an excuse. Also Bel didn't "own" anyone. He was fortunate the stadium set up being what it was gave him an advantage he could exploit.
(Jun. 12, 2023  5:14 PM)ScarletTurbo44 Wrote: I really wanna know how this thread went from us be excited for episode 14, to being divided over QuadStrike, to being divide over Bel as a character..

Wait how did this topic even come up?