Battle Strikers Discussion

So, I bought a tonne of series 1 stuff. Why? Because the Toys R Us near by had a bunch returned for some reason.

Grabbed two starters ($10 a piece), a stadium for $6, and Ninjutsu, Scimitar, Gauntlet, Skullor for myself at 2 for 1, along with Another Starter, a Stadium, and Tsunami and Sharkblade for my GF.

No surprises there, but the total purchase was like: $81 CAN I think that was a pretty good deal, even if Series 1 is sorta outdated, I guess.

Only thing notable (haven't gotten to play 'em yet), was that Ninjutsu's Weapon is actually white apparently, the picture is a bit misleading, I kinda thought it'd be silver Uncertain

Regardless, it wasn't my favorite piece amongst them in the first place, it gives me incentive to paint it haha.
COLORS MAY VARY

edit: lol seriously though, the packaging shots are CG renders. XS won't have that problem since you can see the Weapon through a window. Series 2 still uses renders, though.
I don't think this question has been asked before, but looking back at the pictures of the starter set you posted, I was just wondering what your reasons for making the launcher bigger were. Was it just purely down to design, or is there anything new you had to make space for inside the launcher?
(Dec. 27, 2009  11:32 PM)JC065 Wrote: I don't think this question has been asked before, but looking back at the pictures of the starter set you posted, I was just wondering what your reasons for making the launcher bigger were. Was it just purely down to design, or is there anything new you had to make space for inside the launcher?

It was purely an issue of design and ergonomics for us. The new Launcher is more comfortable to hold. We also advertise that "smashing launch" on the box, so the guard is there in case you actually want to do that.
Ahh i see, it makes more sense to put a guard on if thats going to be the main way of releasing your striker. Also, since the grip is now a closed design, how much space is there, I'm just concerned my hands may be too big?
I'd be shocked if your hand was too big ... I find it fits comfortably in my adult-sized hands.
Pictures taken of the poster that was included in the Firehawk Starter pack...
[Image: img2802v.jpg]

[Image: img2803v.jpg]

Man I'm really excited for Sabretooth, and Shredder looks insane.
Well they all look insane.
And I have never seen Piranha, so I'm quite curious.
Wow, huge thanks for these, I may need to get a second job now to pay for all of these amazing tops.
Wow they all look so good. Raptor and shredder are at the top of my list.
I take it the ones you've not posted pics of are the ones we've seen already? From what I can tell that poster is a 4x3 grid at least, meaning that there's at least two not shown.
Standing by..... Amazed.
I'm loving their designs! Joyful_3 Congrats to the designers! Grin
I really want Black Widow. Grin
I really like Viking and Raptor. Awesome designs Smile
Viper and Specter look really nice to me.
(Dec. 28, 2009  8:43 PM)Benkei Wrote: If you look at the stats (which are probably meaningless). I don't see why anyone would want Viper, because Viking is exactly the same but with more defense...

They have different parts...
sabretooth sounds so cool <3_<3

I just spent the last 5 hours trying to set up a forum, and all I seem to have learned is that the internet is a lot harder than I thought. I'm going to spend a few days next week trying to learn the proper code so I can pull up a half decent forum.

For now though, lots to do before NYE... I shouldn't be spending my time on the net Pinching_eyes
Seems like this is a good time to talk about it. I mentioned earlier that we eliminated some Strikers because

1. they did not mesh with our intended brand image, and
2. we felt there were too many to collect

Some of the Strikers Val posted pictures of have been cut: Minotaur, Viper, Specter, and Mantis. As for Black Widow ... we really like it, and we have a special use coming up for it, but it won't be available by regular release.

Some copies of these tops -- under 5000 -- are likely to be found floating around at retail. We will still do content for them on our website, but they are not a focus for us.
That's a shame. I can't say I'm not disappointed.

I would have loved going into battle, shouting "Taste the Beast"! (1 tear for you, Minotaur.)
im disappointed look at vipers epicness just a shame.
(Dec. 28, 2009  9:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Seems like this is a good time to talk about it. I mentioned earlier that we eliminated some Strikers because

1. they did not mesh with our intended brand image, and
2. we felt there were too many to collect

Some of the Strikers Val posted pictures of have been cut: Minotaur, Viper, Specter, and Mantis. As for Black Widow ... we really like it, and we have a special use coming up for it, but it won't be available by regular release.

The ones I liked would be some of the ones cut haha.
To be fair, you're judging them from tiny pictures. I've handled all of them and I'd have to say the correct ones were cut.
So will the ones cut be given focus later on, say in the next wave of release's, or will they just be consigned to rarities and collectables? Cos if it's the latter, and I find a shop that's selling them, they're all going on ebay.
Generally we're going to try to not focus on them too much.