BEYBLADE RPM (Revolutions Per Minute)

Hi I recently bought a digital tachometer which by using a laser beam calculates RPM.
It works by applying some reflective tape on an object and every time the object makes a revolution the laser beam which is emitted from the device reflects off the tape back to the device permitting it to calculate the revolutions per minute.

I have run some tests on a plastic beyblade (Roller defence with a 10 wide weight disk) and with a Metal Fight Beyblade (Libra 145 BS).

In average the RPM of the plastic beyblade was around 5000

the average RPM of the MFB was round 5500 (note I used a beylauncher for this test)

I also ran some tests using a light launcher with pegasis 145 BS (around about 4100) but my launcher isn't working properly and so I didn't regard these results as relevant.
I altough managed to find a post made by Bey Bad saying that the RPM for a MFB using a light launcher was 4500.

The thing that interested me the most was the fact that the plastic beyblade had a higher RPM compared to the MFB (using a Light launcher) as I alway thought the opposite.

Well I thought this was interesting to know
Do you have any HMS that you could test?
sounds intresting
did you battle the plasice against the mfb with a light launcher xD?
just curious
I have a Driger MS; I will test it now.

I did not battle the beybldes against each other for this test. although even if the MFB using a light launcher has a lower RPM than a plastic beyblade its speed decreases at a much lower rate mainly due to its design and weight and therefore it cand defeat a plastic beyblade easily.
ohk then Smile
how many mfb's do you have?im curious to see if the rpm's change with diff beys
WOW

I Tested the RPM of Driger MS and I was amazed on average the max RPM was around 6650 and with my best launch it reaced 6940 which in my opinion is incredible.

By far the dual launcher of the HMS is the best launcher so far.
Now that I think about it I don't understend why takara chose to use the light launcher again as it is by far inferior compared to the HMS launcher. Also it is important to consider the fact that, even thought it uses the same mechanism as the launchers for the plastic beyblades its RPM is significantly inferior.
I have 6 MFB 2 Libra 1 virgo 1 leone 1 pegasis and 1 l drago.
The max RPM doesn't change much as the relevant component for this test is the launcher.
Obviously the RPM of some Beyblades (ex Libra) decreases more slowly giving it more power and more stamina.
I imagine the RPM for MFB was decreased for safety reasons.
I just had a brilliant Idea
Ill let you know in 30 min.
Hi sorry for the delay I have some pictures of a super new launcher to give max RPM that I've created but when I tried to upload them this error message appeared
"The type of file that you attached is not allowed". What shall I do?
(Aug. 16, 2009  12:04 PM)DRACO Wrote: Hi sorry for the delay I have some pictures of a super new launcher to give max RPM that I've created but when I tried to upload them this error message appeared
"The type of file that you attached is not allowed". What shall I do?

Convert it to a common file format for images, such as jpg, gif, or png
Wow, I'm impressed by these results - keep it up! Smile
Ok I managed

Here is the new launcher I created

It is much more powerfull than the light launcher but still maintains its accuracy.

what do you think about it?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

was wondering when someone would actually do that
curious to hear about how battles go with it
I'd love to see how much quicker speg's movements would be.
(Aug. 16, 2009  12:31 PM)Wolfy Wrote: I'd love to see how much quicker speg's movements would be.

i too would love to see how much faster it flies itself out of the stadium
Well I have used it a couple of times tonight and In my Opinion it work great.
As soon as the beyblade is launched it is more powerful compared to a beyblade launched with a beylauncher but apparentle more spin means more wind friction and if you look at it stamina wise the difference between the beyblades decreases but still my launcher is better he he.
i was thinking about doing something like that awhile ago :L
its illegal tho isnt it?
Lol that's kool.
I remember seing this somewhere I think BeyBrad posted it but anyway Battle Strikers are ment to spin at 6500 RPM but they look like they decreese in speed much quiker than MFB's because i've seen some battles with them and they only spin for like 15 secs after contact.
So if you have any Battle Strikers could you pleases test them that would be cool.
And if they do spin at 6500 then how come they don't last very long?...
Battle Strikers spin at 6000 RPM. The original RPM was 7500.

They do not spin very long because of the materials combined with their weight.
Oh ok
Thanks how come it changed
Safety Reason?
Even though Safety clould be the reason for this change I don't think it is as I tested it out and even thought it is more powerful than the beylauncher there isn,t much of a risk of KILLER beyblades jumping out of the ring and injuring people. In my opinion it has a good potential as a launcher as it combines power and accuracy which are both very important in a beyblade battle.
(Aug. 16, 2009  8:39 AM)DRACO Wrote: WOW

I Tested the RPM of Driger MS and I was amazed on average the max RPM was around 6650 and with my best launch it reaced 6940 which in my opinion is incredible.

By far the dual launcher of the HMS is the best launcher so far.
Now that I think about it I don't understend why takara chose to use the light launcher again as it is by far inferior compared to the HMS launcher. Also it is important to consider the fact that, even thought it uses the same mechanism as the launchers for the plastic beyblades its RPM is significantly inferior.
I have 6 MFB 2 Libra 1 virgo 1 leone 1 pegasis and 1 l drago.
The max RPM doesn't change much as the relevant component for this test is the launcher.
Obviously the RPM of some Beyblades (ex Libra) decreases more slowly giving it more power and more stamina.
You not just mod it and put the Launchers base on to a plastic launchers mech.