World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Legend Festival who will be the champion? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Legend Festival who will be the champion? (/Thread-Legend-Festival-who-will-be-the-champion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Legend Festival who will be the champion? - Eclipse Force - Oct. 05, 2020

(Oct. 05, 2020  12:53 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  12:47 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Bro, fluke or not, Hyuga won the match. Thats it. Yeah it was more of a fluke, but he won. You saw him win. He doesnt have to be completely stronger than those bladers, just win.

I'm not trying to alter the facts of what happened. I'm simply stating that it wasn't a true measure of his ability. It was random confluence. The subsequent quick losses lend credence to that.

Those bladers are still leagues above him and he wasn't able to contend with them on equal footing.

Yes but what I’m saying is he doesn’t need to outright dominate and be stronger than those bladers. He just needs to win. Also, the wins weren’t flukes but whatever.

RE: Legend Festival who will be the champion? - Valtryek Aoi - Oct. 05, 2020

(Oct. 05, 2020  1:21 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  12:53 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm not trying to alter the facts of what happened. I'm simply stating that it wasn't a true measure of his ability. It was random confluence. The subsequent quick losses lend credence to that.

Those bladers are still leagues above him and he wasn't able to contend with them on equal footing.

Yes but what I’m saying is he doesn’t need to outright dominate and be stronger than those bladers. He just needs to win. Also, the wins weren’t flukes but whatever.

He just needs to win? Those battles he lost weren't even close though. Doesn't matter if you win once if you ain't consistent. Just makes you look even more garbage after.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:13 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  1:21 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yes but what I’m saying is he doesn’t need to outright dominate and be stronger than those bladers. He just needs to win. Also, the wins weren’t flukes but whatever.

He just needs to win? Those battles he lost weren't even close though. Doesn't matter if you win once if you ain't consistent. Just makes you look even more garbage after.

Yes, but what Im saying is a win is a win. If you've earned that win legitimately, you've earned it legitimately. You dont have to go ahead and also be completely stronger than the person you beat.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:32 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:13 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: He just needs to win? Those battles he lost weren't even close though. Doesn't matter if you win once if you ain't consistent. Just makes you look even more garbage after.

Yes, but what Im saying is a win is a win. If you've earned that win legitimately, you've earned it legitimately. You dont have to go ahead and also be completely stronger than the person you beat.

A win isn't really just a win considering this new ranking system. Otherwise Hikaru, Hyuga, and Lean would be legends already.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:34 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:32 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yes, but what Im saying is a win is a win. If you've earned that win legitimately, you've earned it legitimately. You dont have to go ahead and also be completely stronger than the person you beat.

A win isn't really just a win considering this new ranking system. Otherwise Hikaru, Hyuga, and Lean would be legends already.

What do you mean by that?

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:34 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:34 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: A win isn't really just a win considering this new ranking system. Otherwise Hikaru, Hyuga, and Lean would be legends already.

What do you mean by that?

The deal is these people have already beaten legends, but are they considered legends? Nope. Do their wins really count for anything? Nope. Lean's wins do count, since they've happened consistently. Sure, he's not officially a legend, but that's the point. He's won and it hasn't amounted to anything major yet.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:37 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:34 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: What do you mean by that?

The deal is these people have already beaten legends, but are they considered legends? Nope. Do their wins really count for anything? Nope. Lean's wins do count, since they've happened consistently. Sure, he's not officially a legend, but that's the point. He's won and it hasn't amounted to anything major yet.

Their wins do count. The only way to become a legend is to rank up to that level. Each win ranks you up. So obviously one win wont put you at legend level. Even without the system thats never how it worked. They just rank up. SImple.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:40 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:37 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: The deal is these people have already beaten legends, but are they considered legends? Nope. Do their wins really count for anything? Nope. Lean's wins do count, since they've happened consistently. Sure, he's not officially a legend, but that's the point. He's won and it hasn't amounted to anything major yet.

Their wins do count. The only way to become a legend is to rank up to that level. Each win ranks you up. So obviously one win wont put you at legend level. Even without the system thats never how it worked. They just rank up. SImple.

Yeah, that's why it matters when they're consistent. Not just winning one battle after getting a small boost or being lucky.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:42 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:40 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Their wins do count. The only way to become a legend is to rank up to that level. Each win ranks you up. So obviously one win wont put you at legend level. Even without the system thats never how it worked. They just rank up. Simple.

Yeah, that's why it matters when they're consistent. Not just winning one battle after getting a small boost or being lucky.

I see where you're coming from, but that's still wrong. Yes you've haven't gotten stronger than the other blader through one win, but a win is ultimately still a win. Either way before the ranking system one win never made you stronger than the blader you won agianst.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:43 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:42 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Yeah, that's why it matters when they're consistent. Not just winning one battle after getting a small boost or being lucky.

I see where you're coming from, but that's still wrong. Yes you've haven't gotten stronger than the other blader through one win, but a win is ultimately still a win. Either way before the ranking system one win never made you stronger than the blader you won agianst.

Tell that to the title match against the champion bud. I know you have to be a high ranking blader to challenge him, but there are still tournaments like the Battleship Cruise and Battle Island going around. If you win that, you instantly are stronger than the champion, and everyone below him.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:47 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:43 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I see where you're coming from, but that's still wrong. Yes you've haven't gotten stronger than the other blader through one win, but a win is ultimately still a win. Either way before the ranking system one win never made you stronger than the blader you won agianst.

Tell that to the title match against the champion bud.

That's when everyone's already proven themselves. There is high stakes on the line because this CAN decide it. We've proven we're both on this level, no we gotta see who's better. With one simple normal match, it isn't like that.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:47 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Tell that to the title match against the champion bud.

That's when everyone's already proven themselves. There is high stakes on the line because this CAN decide it. We've proven we're both on this level, no we gotta see who's better. With one simple normal match, it isn't like that.

We don't know the cap for even challenging the champion anyway, just seems like you could get put in one random tournament with all the newer faces (ignoring other high class bladers) and you battle the champion just like that. Can't really say Amane proved himself by getting lucky and beating randoms.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:52 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: That's when everyone's already proven themselves. There is high stakes on the line because this CAN decide it. We've proven we're both on this level, no we gotta see who's better. With one simple normal match, it isn't like that.

We don't know the cap for even challenging the champion anyway, just seems like you could get put in one random tournament with all the newer faces (ignoring other high class bladers) and you battle the champion just like that. Can't really say Amane proved himself by getting lucky and beating randoms.

The Battle Island was never made to find the next champion though. Just give people a shot at beating Aiger.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:54 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:52 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: We don't know the cap for even challenging the champion anyway, just seems like you could get put in one random tournament with all the newer faces (ignoring other high class bladers) and you battle the champion just like that. Can't really say Amane proved himself by getting lucky and beating randoms.

The Battle Island was never made to find the next champion though. Just give people a shot at beating Aiger.

You didn't pay attention to that, because the tournament rules were literally, make it to 18 and you face Aiga in a title match. If someone beats him they become the champion and the tournament ends.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:55 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:54 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The Battle Island was never made to find the next champion though. Just give people a shot at beating Aiger.

You didn't pay attention to that, because the tournament rules were literally, make it to 18 and you face Aiga in a title match. If someone beats him they become the champion and the tournament ends.

Ah ok fair enough. But the thing is, this is before the ranking system...so I dont see how its a valid example. Your argument is that your wins don't matter WITH the new ranking system, what matters is being consistent. My rebuttal is that wins do matter, each win levels you up. You may not be stronger than the opponent but it does count. I dont see how these other things come into play, specifically when we're talking about a time with this new ranking system in play. You win, you rank up. You were never ultimately stronger than the other blader. With the title match, you earn a title. You arent necessarily stronger than the other opponent, but its a more accurate way of seeing if you are. Obviously beating the champion is much different than just beating some strong guy. Especially when he's on his own pedestal, not just the strongest in a large group.

(Oct. 05, 2020  2:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:55 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: You didn't pay attention to that, because the tournament rules were literally, make it to 18 and you face Aiga in a title match. If someone beats him they become the champion and the tournament ends.

Ah ok fair enough. But the thing is, this is before the ranking system...so I dont see how its a valid example. Your argument is that your wins don't matter WITH the new ranking system, what matters is being consistent. My rebuttal is that wins do matter, each win levels you up. You may not be stronger than the opponent but it does count. I dont see how these other things come into play, specifically when we're talking about a time with this new ranking system in play. You win, you rank up. You were never ultimately stronger than the other blader. With the title match, you earn a title. You arent necessarily stronger than the other opponent, but its a more accurate way of seeing if you are. Obviously beating the champion is much different than just beating some strong guy. Especially when he's on his own pedestal, not just the strongest in a large group.

I mean more like, if you win some, then lose some, it just cancels out.
Also the champion is a special title, but there usually isn't much of a difference between number 1 and 2. Just the fact you have to challenge number 1 for his spot officially or just win it in a tournament which you'd have to be consistent to win.

Meh, just two different sides to it I guess. I get where you're coming from though.

RE: Legend Festival who will be the champion? - Legend Red Eye - Oct. 05, 2020

(Oct. 05, 2020  12:36 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2020  11:37 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: I'm positive that Lean is going to win the Legend's Festival I have no doubt what so ever. After Lean defeats Valt, Shu comes in and defeats him.
That makes no sense. Lane beats Valt but loses to Shu? Based on that logic, Valt should take him down too.

Oh it makes sense to me, Lean is gonna beat him watch. It may not make sense to you because first of all this whole burst franchise is about who has the bigger plot armor.

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:04 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  2:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Ah ok fair enough. But the thing is, this is before the ranking system...so I dont see how its a valid example. Your argument is that your wins don't matter WITH the new ranking system, what matters is being consistent. My rebuttal is that wins do matter, each win levels you up. You may not be stronger than the opponent but it does count. I dont see how these other things come into play, specifically when we're talking about a time with this new ranking system in play. You win, you rank up. You were never ultimately stronger than the other blader. With the title match, you earn a title. You arent necessarily stronger than the other opponent, but its a more accurate way of seeing if you are. Obviously beating the champion is much different than just beating some strong guy. Especially when he's on his own pedestal, not just the strongest in a large group.

I mean more like, if you win some, then lose some, it just cancels out.
Also the champion is a special title, but there usually isn't much of a difference between number 1 and 2. Just the fact you have to challenge number 1 for his spot officially or just win it in a tournament which you'd have to be consistent to win.

Meh, just two different sides to it I guess. I get where you're coming from though.

Yeah, I sorta understand where you're coming from too. Just agree to disagree I guess.

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:04 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  12:36 AM)g2_ Wrote: That makes no sense. Lane beats Valt but loses to Shu? Based on that logic, Valt should take him down too.

Oh it makes sense to me, Lean is gonna beat him watch. It may not make sense to you because first of all this whole burst franchise is about who has the bigger plot armor.

So basically, you're saying if Valt wins that's plot armor? Ok, everyone has plot armor then at this point. People just seem to pick and choose as they like. It's like saying Drum beating Hyuga after he won with a burst is plot armor. Really, it just what moves the story, factored in every battle, opinions don't really matter on it. Technically just the actual anime just happening.

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:07 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  3:04 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Oh it makes sense to me, Lean is gonna beat him watch. It may not make sense to you because first of all this whole burst franchise is about who has the bigger plot armor.

So basically, you're saying if Valt wins that's plot armor? Ok, everyone has plot armor then at this point. People just seem to pick and choose as they like. It's like saying Drum beating Hyuga after he won with a burst is plot armor. Really, it just what moves the story, factored in every battle, opinions don't really matter on it. Technically just the actual anime just happening.

well yeah duh everyone's got plot armor its about who has the bigger plot armor the entire time. 

Introducing new beys is about plot armor too....later the protag beats it cuz plot armor by showing development.

RE: Legend Festival who will be the champion? - g2_ - Oct. 05, 2020

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:04 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  12:36 AM)g2_ Wrote: That makes no sense. Lane beats Valt but loses to Shu? Based on that logic, Valt should take him down too.

Valt is still better than Shu, so we'll see.

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:13 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  3:04 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Oh it makes sense to me, Lean is gonna beat him watch. It may not make sense to you because first of all this whole burst franchise is about who has the bigger plot armor.
Valt is still better than Shu, so we'll see.

Look I'm not saying Shu is better than Valt, your indirectly assuming that. All I'm saying is that Spriggan is yet to battle someone officially and not just a side battle with that 1 clip that lasted for a minute or 2. Valt's got enough time to win now it's Shu's turn I don't find it why it's a problem giving Shu the opportunity to be the first one who officially beats Lean. After all he is Shu's disciple.

RE: Legend Festival who will be the champion? - God Dragruler - Oct. 05, 2020

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:21 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  3:13 AM)g2_ Wrote: Valt is still better than Shu, so we'll see.

Look I'm not saying Shu is better than Valt, your indirectly assuming that. All I'm saying is that Spriggan is yet to battle someone officially and not just a side battle with that 1 clip that lasted for a minute or 2. Valt's got enough time to win now it's Shu's turn I don't find it why it's a problem giving Shu the opportunity to be the first one who officially beats Lean. After all he is Shu's disciple.
Theirs one thing some People dont take into account And thats we dont know the gap in strenght between shu And valt the last time the fough valt barely won, its not strange an anime or any other media to have #1 And #2 or even #3 to be equal in strenght to the point they #1 can lose to either of them, even back in cho z valt was the champ but lui tied with him, or in god free And lui strenght wasnt that Wide lui couldve legit beat free even in the legend festival aiga is the most impressive out of the legends despite not being the strongest, plus their one thing that alot are Forgetting lane was train by shu anything lane can do now shu knows as well countering lane is much easier For him since unlike the other bladers shu spent time with lane the train together thats the adventage shu has.  So it really would'nt be strange at all if that happens

RE: Legend Festival who will be the champion? - ValtKurenai2020 - Oct. 05, 2020

(Oct. 05, 2020  12:44 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  12:04 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Flukes or not, a wins a win. You cant take that away unless he was cheating or something.

It wasn't a true showing of power. A random confluence. Both those bladers still proved to be leagues above him. But if that's how you view it, then your certainly entitled to that.

Well, actually the reason Hyuga won In battle Royale is because of the fact that no legends are actually focused on Hyuga but on each other ( First Free and Rantaro are focused on each other and Aiga and Valt are focused on each other and later all the legends are focused on Aiga and Aiga was focused on defending against those incoming attacks of the legends. In the battle royale Hyperion barely was hit by other beys at max 3 times( I guess).
But in Ep 29 Valt will be focused solely on Hyuga so Hyuga's chance is less for winning.
But as Eclipse said a win is a win but In this episode it will be found out whether Hyuga has very much plot armor or less plot armor.

(Oct. 05, 2020  3:34 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2020  3:21 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Look I'm not saying Shu is better than Valt, your indirectly assuming that. All I'm saying is that Spriggan is yet to battle someone officially and not just a side battle with that 1 clip that lasted for a minute or 2. Valt's got enough time to win now it's Shu's turn I don't find it why it's a problem giving Shu the opportunity to be the first one who officially beats Lean. After all he is Shu's disciple.
Theirs one thing some People dont take into account And thats we dont know the gap in strenght between shu And valt the last time the fough valt barely won, its not strange an anime or any other media to have #1 And #2 or even #3 to be equal in strenght to the point they #1 can lose to either of them, even back in cho z valt was the champ but lui tied with him, or in god free And lui strenght wasnt that Wide lui couldve legit beat free even in the legend festival aiga is the most impressive out of the legends despite not being the strongest, plus their one thing that alot are Forgetting lane was train by shu anything lane can do now shu knows as well countering lane is much easier For him since unlike the other bladers shu spent time with lane the train together thats the adventage shu has.  So it really would'nt be strange at all if that happens

Agreed totally! It's been 3 seasons where we had an official battle between them and an official victor. It's like the same deal with Shu and Free a lot of people believe Free is stronger than Shu though I object that certainly, Shu is definetely stronger from what he was. You can't judge someone from how strong/weak they are from one battle. Let's be honest Valt winning the God Blader's Cup was mainly because he wanted to save Shu plus he had more plot armor. Valt always has plot armor since Cho-Z to make him look strong. That's the same thing for Free during God season he had plot armor (still has). I do believe the top 5 legendary bladers are TIED. Valt has never defeated Lui, Aiga in an official battle, Aiga has never defeated Shu in an official battle. Shu has never defeated Free in an official battle. Since a lot of battles between all five of these bladers are needed to happen in order to decide who is the TRULY STRONGEST in this franchise, I don't think there is an official "strongest" blader in burst after Cho-Z. Aiga is stated to be the world champion but his level is still right around anyone in the top 5 being crushed by Lean if they don't have more plot armor than him. 

I believe the top 15 legendary bladers are mainly the popularity of these bladers being influencers rather than like official "strongest" Big 5 kind of rankings. That's clearly just me but these rankings are a bit too odd for me. Before I go on a rant I certainly don't find it justified how is Phi in #7? Drum in #6? Zac in #12? Like I understand and am cool with the top 5 bladers but later on is where it gets weird with the rankings. 

The anime never followed the 15 legendary blader ranking so all we know is that Valt is stated to be the best Legendary blader and Aiga as the World Champion. Shu mainly does not even blade simply cuz he is more on the mentor side than blading. Free, Lui and rest are just bladers who blade to have fun and act as rivals priorly.