World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 (/Thread-Product-B-170-Random-Booster-Vol-21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - BBGUSA - Jul. 01, 2020

so far this Rb is kind of a 50/50 for me, on one hand we're getting a new Diabolos, as well as another "Cetus Style" booster, but on the other hand minus the prize beys not much really sticks out looking at the base layers outside of the Ice Phoenix, and possibly Dranzer, Air Knight and Forneus would have had a better eyecatch if they were given Level chips, othetr than that the only thing the Cho-Z Layers have going for them is the Garuda Air Knight color, and for King Fafnir, I have the slightest feeling that this is a sort of Superking Remake of Erase Fafnir from the Customize Set, at least color wise, but from what I can tell on the overhead view some do have some good disks such as Wheel and Sting, but It's all going to have to go to what the parts for each bey entails before a final opinion, as well as any releases between those times

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - NAP - Jul. 01, 2020

For those thinking there are a lot of noncompetitive parts in this set, AirKnight and Emperor Forneous are still popular choices in 5G decks according to JP Beytubers .

The old gen beys are harder to acquire for new players who started with Superking season.

With this insight, I can appreciate this RB release a lot more.

Still, no Level Chips feel slightly sour. ('No fun allowed' says TT. LOL)

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - CrazyAries - Jul. 01, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  8:45 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2020  3:33 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Burn Phoenix and Dranzer Volcano has some collection value, I agree on this point. But I don't think Air Knight, Emperor Forneus, or Cosmo Pegasus would be necessary for collective purpose. They even don't have a special color like those Gold Layers in RB19.
And about the Disks, although 0, 7, 10, 00 are the best Core Disks, we've got enough of them. There have been 15 regular releases for Disc 0, 12 releases for Disc 7, 7 releases for Dsic 10, and 7 releases for Disc 00, not to mention those exclusive products.
To have a more sepecific comparison, I would like to get Burn Phoenix, Knockout Odin, Shining Amaterios, Aero', Angle and Anchor in RB19, while I only want the two new Ring and Diabolos Chip in RB21. I don't think RB19 is worse.

Wasn't the whole crux of your original argument that noncompetitive parts weren't worthwhile in random boosters? That list of wants from RBV19 (which are all noncompetitive short of the Odin chip) totally contradicts your original complaint of "too many noncompetitive parts" about this booster. That feels like a double standard to me.

As I see it this is a far better random booster than 19 is due to its far better collection of disks, better aesthetics (let's be honest, 19 has way too much gold), and a better set of prizes. You're perfectly allowed to disagree with me, but that's how I see it right now.

Charge' is also a neat addition, though I didn't take that into account to the above yet.

Well, I don't know why you think my want list of RB19 contradict to my opinion to RB21, the problem of competitive is just one of the reasons I feel disappointed about RB21, never the full reason. For example, Super-Z Valkyrie is relatively a competitive Layer, but had only be recolored in an exclusive release, and it was originally in a relatively expensive Starter, so this is a chance to get it (I didn't put it in my want list just because I've purchansed many, but this could be different for someone else). Also, Shining Amaterios, as well as its Disc, Frame and Driver are all exclusive and are difficult to get, so this recolor clearly has high collective value. Ds' is a good Driver as well, just not my preference so I didn't put it into my list. I agree RB19 is of course not a good RB either, is basically the same level as RB21, and RB always have many terrible parts. but as for me, there are more parts I would like to get from RB19 and other RBs than RB21.

And yes, there might really be some double standards in this case, because RB19 is just something to fill the gap between the end of GT and the start of Sparking, and you can clearly see that this RB is for collection only... Just like it had shout to everyone "If you want competitive parts, don't buy me" at the very beginning. But RB21 is a release at the middle of Sparking, following the release of Variant Lucifer. It should provide us more parts for competitive usage, at least something fit Sparking's theme, but there is only one Sparking and one GT remakes... Half of the whole set are somehow "off topic".

And By the way, in current meta, I don't think there is essential different between Disc 7 and Disc 12. There is too many Discs better than 7. There might hardly be place for 7 or 10 even in 5G format decks.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - 6Jupiter5 - Jul. 01, 2020

They could have at least give us ‘ versions of the disks

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Needforspeed - Jul. 01, 2020

My thoughts on this RBV was like eh but at the same time was like Wow new DiABoloS!? Hopefully the chip will be competitive to be used on left spin beys since Lucifer is easier to get and was right spin chip for the part selection on each bey yeah I don't wanna talk about that but hey at least we got a clear Charge'

Cringe worthy Weird in-depth look by Needforspeed

Probably I'll buy like 2 or 3 or so because the only thing i want is the BP, DDb, ADb, and aK and maybe even dranzer overall this RBV is not a get go for beginners or try hards fans just because it futures a lot of unnecessary old parts like eF and CP i just hope the driver selection is good in this one.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - MagikHorse - Jul. 01, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  3:25 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Well, I don't know why you think my want list of RB19 contradict to my opinion to RB21, the problem of competitive is just one of the reasons I feel disappointed about RB21, never the full reason. For example, Super-Z Valkyrie is relatively a competitive Layer, but had only be recolored in an exclusive release, and it was originally in a relatively expensive Starter, so this is a chance to get it (I didn't put it in my want list just because I've purchansed many, but this could be different for someone else). Also, Shining Amaterios, as well as its Disc, Frame and Driver are all exclusive and are difficult to get, so this recolor clearly has high collective value. Ds' is a good Driver as well, just not my preference so I didn't put it into my list. I agree RB19 is of course not a good RB either, is basically the same level as RB21, and RB always have many terrible parts. but as for me, there are more parts I would like to get from RB19 and other RBs than RB21.

And yes, there might really be some double standards in this case, because RB19 is just something to fill the gap between the end of GT and the start of Sparking, and you can clearly see that this RB is for collection only... Just like it had shout to everyone "If you want competitive parts, don't buy me" at the very beginning. But RB21 is a release at the middle of Sparking, following the release of Variant Lucifer. It should provide us more parts for competitive usage, at least something fit Sparking's theme, but there is only one Sparking and one GT remakes... Half of the whole set are somehow "off topic".

And By the way, in current meta, I don't think there is essential different between Disc 7 and Disc 12. There is too many Discs better than 7. There might hardly be place for 7 or 10 even in 5G format decks.

If you've only stated one reason and then your actions go dead against it, then I sort of just have to wonder what's going on in there until you explain more. At the time it was very much a contradiction between your only claimed motives and the list that directly opposed it, though you've naturally explained that above in a sensible enough way.

Air Knight at least has niche anti-left spin use, and if NAP is right about Emperor Forneus being in Japanese 5G decks too then it seems to me like they'd be highly desirable parts for anyone new or as replacements for these older, harder to find layers there in Japan. That doesn't quite say "for collection only" to me if TT is intentionally choosing layers that are being used in their own tournament scene at the highest levels, or providing all the core disks you will ever possibly need in just one booster set.

Cosmo Pegasus... yeah, I think basically everyone would agree that it's dumb filler unless its driver is somehow amazing. Short of that everything else either has collection value like the remake layers, is actually competitive in the Japanese 5G format (which is probably why it seems so weird outside of it), or is a Sparking layer. We still don't know the drivers for sure short of Merge', Fusion', and the high likelihood of Charge' (two which are pretty good) but this still doesn't look so bad for collectors and competitive people alike when you look at it this way.

The only real point I see against it is "I already own everything", which I suppose is fair even if it's a rather heavy bias and not an actually objective look at the value of its contents. Besides, recolors are cool and these are some good ones.

(Jul. 01, 2020  3:54 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:

I never said this. I said it was a weight balancing issue, not a size issue. I don't know where you're getting this from, but it's not me.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Zeutron - Jul. 01, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  6:12 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  3:25 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Well, I don't know why you think my want list of RB19 contradict to my opinion to RB21, the problem of competitive is just one of the reasons I feel disappointed about RB21, never the full reason. For example, Super-Z Valkyrie is relatively a competitive Layer, but had only be recolored in an exclusive release, and it was originally in a relatively expensive Starter, so this is a chance to get it (I didn't put it in my want list just because I've purchansed many, but this could be different for someone else). Also, Shining Amaterios, as well as its Disc, Frame and Driver are all exclusive and are difficult to get, so this recolor clearly has high collective value. Ds' is a good Driver as well, just not my preference so I didn't put it into my list. I agree RB19 is of course not a good RB either, is basically the same level as RB21, and RB always have many terrible parts. but as for me, there are more parts I would like to get from RB19 and other RBs than RB21.

If you've only stated one reason and then your actions go dead against it, then I sort of just have to wonder what's going on in there until you explain more. At the time it was very much a contradiction between your only claimed motives and the list that directly opposed it, though you've naturally explained that above in a sensible enough way.

Air Knight at least has niche anti-left spin use, and if NAP is right about Emperor Forneus being in Japanese 5G decks too then it seems to me like they'd be highly desirable parts for anyone new or as replacements for these older, harder to find layers there in Japan. That doesn't quite say "for collection only" to me if TT is intentionally choosing layers that are being used in their own tournament scene at the highest levels, or providing all the core disks you will ever possibly need in just one booster set.

Cosmo Pegasus... yeah, I think basically everyone would agree that it's dumb filler unless its driver is somehow amazing. Short of that everything else either has collection value like the remake layers, is actually competitive in the Japanese 5G format (which is probably why it seems so weird outside of it), or is a Sparking layer. We still don't know the drivers for sure short of Merge', Fusion', and the high likelihood of Charge' (two which are pretty good) but this still doesn't look so bad for collectors and competitive people alike when you look at it this way.

The only real point I see against it is "I already own everything", which I suppose is fair even if it's a rather heavy bias and not an actually objective look at the value of its contents. Besides, recolors are cool and these are some good ones.

I never said this. I said it was a weight balancing issue, not a size issue. I don't know where you're getting this from, but it's not me.
Man, why are you guys over complicating and debating this release like crazy, why not just interpret it your own ways?

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - BeybladeCC - Jul. 01, 2020

(Jun. 29, 2020  3:04 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: A new Diabolos. Yes!
Looks VERY similar to Venom Diabolos...

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - JavariTheChamp - Jul. 01, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  9:45 AM)daheavydl3 Wrote: Parts of Devolos are too outclassed........why not they just add Generate or bullet? or a Bullet dash? Too outclassed.............TT is becoming lazy and unproductive

Maybe they want to take a new approach. Having the same driver twice would be boring. Just like Cho z Spriggan. And bullet was never even competive. To be fair we don’t even need a bullet dash

I do see generate’ being a thing though

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - William Cochran - Jul. 01, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  7:44 PM)BeybladeCC Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  3:04 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: A new Diabolos. Yes!
Looks VERY similar to Venom Diabolos...

It's because it's an evolution of venom.....think of it when god valtryek evolved to wonder valtryek. it has the same shape and colors

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Needforspeed - Jul. 01, 2020

Oh sorry my bad then

Weird why do delta uses the 5F' combo on abyss instead of 5T Mr' in the manga

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - MagikHorse - Jul. 02, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  6:30 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Man, why are you guys over complicating and debating this release like crazy, why not just interpret it your own ways?

One word: understanding. I saw something I didn't understand, so I asked to try and figure out his view of it. Is that too much or something?

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Zeutron - Jul. 02, 2020

(Jul. 02, 2020  2:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  6:30 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Man, why are you guys over complicating and debating this release like crazy, why not just interpret it your own ways?

One word: understanding. I saw something I didn't understand, so I asked to try and figure out his view of it. Is that too much or something?
Don’t take me the wrong way I just thought you guys could mellow it out.

If you watch the video originalzankye made on the latest corocoro issue, Delta actually does appear on the page that talks about the new Diabolos just like all bladers do so he may be returning to the anime then? Additionally, apparently there is some sort of retweet campaign where if a designated number of retweets is reached Lane illustrations will be revealed alongside a secret character? Could this be Delta meaning this he will appear in he anime?

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Isaiah.burley - Jul. 02, 2020

(Jul. 02, 2020  4:40 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2020  2:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: One word: understanding. I saw something I didn't understand, so I asked to try and figure out his view of it. Is that too much or something?
Don’t take me the wrong way I just thought you guys could mellow it out.

If you watch the video originalzankye made on the latest corocoro issue, Delta actually does appear on the page that talks about the new Diabolos just like all bladers do so he may be returning to the anime then? Additionally, apparently there is some sort of retweet campaign where if a designated number of retweets is reached Lane illustrations will be revealed alongside a secret character? Could this be Delta meaning this he will appear in he anime?
Another translation said that it’s a character related to Lane so it might be a new character but we’ll see. (I hope not)

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Jinbee - Jul. 02, 2020

So yeah, credit goes to Zankye for where I saw the latest corocoro issue!

Anyway, time for my thoughts. I'm not sure if this is spoiler territory for the manga which relates to the actual toyline itself, but just to be safe...

Sadly yeah... the random booster combos ARE in fact the full stock combos. With Death Diabolos it's tolerable... but Abyss Diabolos with 5.F'... why? It just feels unfitting for it, but at least it is a balance type, which puts it above making Guardian Kerbeus a stamina type. Overall I'll just buy Death Diabolos first, it's more appealing IMO.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - freefafnir8 - Jul. 02, 2020

The funniest thing about what you said was that "I own everything" bit because with the exception of Charge' I DO own everything. XD But I see the points you are trying to drive and the more I look at it, the more okay I am with this random booster. Is it my favorite random booster? No a lot of the parts are outdated or just flat out trash. Is it the worst? Eh, at least it has SOME relevancy to the manga and hopefully the anime. Plus the Diabolos look sick. And at the end of the day, who cares? I'm gonna buy it anyways.

(Jul. 01, 2020  7:52 PM)William Cochran Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  7:44 PM)BeybladeCC Wrote: Looks VERY similar to Venom Diabolos...

It's because it's an evolution of venom.....think of it when god valtryek evolved to wonder valtryek. it has the same shape and colors

As much as I agree with your statement here, not all evolutions look alike. For example Master Diabolos is an upgraded version of Venom/ Erase Diabolos, yet they don't look alike. The resemblance is there, but it still looks quite different compared to it's predecessor (If that's the right term)

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - SoleSurvivor11 - Jul. 02, 2020

The combos are Death Diablos 4 Turn Merge Dasj and Abyss Diabolos 5 Fusion Dash. Kinda disappointed they didn’t add a projectile part in this, or like a generate or something similar to that.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - freefafnir8 - Jul. 02, 2020

(Jul. 02, 2020  6:50 PM)SoleSurvivor11 Wrote: The combos are Death Diablos 4 Turn Merge Dasj and Abyss Diabolos 5 Fusion Dash. Kinda disappointed they didn’t add a projectile part in this, or like a generate or something similar to that.

I'm telling y'all this was the perfect time to bring in Bullet'

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - Nitrogenic - Jul. 02, 2020

Honestly the worst random booster so far. Just plain trash. Even the prize beys aren't tempting me.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - BuilderROB - Jul. 02, 2020

(Jul. 02, 2020  7:15 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Honestly the worst random booster so far. Just plain trash. Even the prize beys aren't tempting me.

We haven’t even seen the drivers yet. I wouldn’t call this random booster trash, but it definitely is probably one of the least good ones out of all of them.

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - 6Jupiter5 - Jul. 02, 2020

(Jul. 02, 2020  7:15 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Honestly the worst random booster so far. Just plain trash. Even the prize beys aren't tempting me.
The parts might not be good but it might be worth it for the prize layers

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - SoleSurvivor11 - Jul. 02, 2020

I forgot to add that the chassis is 1D

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - BeybladeCC - Jul. 03, 2020

(Jul. 01, 2020  7:52 PM)William Cochran Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  7:44 PM)BeybladeCC Wrote: Looks VERY similar to Venom Diabolos...

I mean it’s 100% identical to it. There was some difference in Winning and God but here there’s nearly none...

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - JavariTheChamp - Jul. 03, 2020

Even so, I feel as this was a let down in parts, I was hoping Atlesst for a new disk or maybe a ‘ disc. I had a feeling a blade was gonna get treated wrong this season, but I didn’t think it would be Diabolos. The parts don’t look promising, although we haven’t seen it in battle. I was hoping they would’ve done this to Spriggan lol

RE: B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - NPN - Jul. 03, 2020

(Jul. 03, 2020  1:33 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Even so, I feel as this was a let down in parts, I was hoping Atlesst for a new disk or maybe a ‘ disc. I had a feeling a blade was gonna get treated wrong this season, but I didn’t think it would be Diabolos. The parts don’t look promising, although we haven’t seen it in battle. I was hoping they would’ve  done this to Spriggan lol

Spriggan is their crown jewel to make bucket loads they won't compromise on it for sure.