World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Let’s Talk About School - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Let’s Talk About School (/Thread-Let%E2%80%99s-Talk-About-School)

RE: Let’s Talk About School - TheRogueBlader - Apr. 29, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  5:01 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  4:57 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I have 4 weeks left of school, im going to fight like ive never fought before and get that darn science grade up to an A and then I will be returned to paradise and finally get my Beyblades back, ill get to watch Beyblade Burst gt since the full episodes are out on Netflix and ill finally have the time to watch them, ill get back to doing daily uploads for my YouTube channel, ill get to go swimming in el pool of mi casa, and I will get to do zoom meetings alot with my team and interact with ma friends on the website that totally doesn't have thousands of people and I totally have no idea what it is, the WBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Now back to the drawing board.

What unit of science? And what is your current average?

im in physical science, I did chemistry last semester, 8th grade but my school is a grade ahead so im in 8th grade but im learning 9th grade level stuff, my teacher is a real nutcase of a wackadoo, and my current average is a 73 but that's because the science teacher didn't grade anything from this semester. That last thing he graded was from 2020 lol.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - Zeutron - Apr. 29, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  5:03 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  5:01 PM)Zeutron Wrote: What unit of science? And what is your current average?

im in physical science, I did chemistry last semester, 8th grade but my school is a grade ahead so im in 8th grade but im learning 9th grade level stuff, my teacher is a real nutcase of a wackadoo, and my current average is a 73 but that's because the science teacher didn't grade anything from this semester. That last thing he graded was from 2020 lol.

So you sit around a C then (I live in Canada so a 70 is a B- but I would assume you are American). Seems odd that your science teacher hasn't graded anything since 2020. I understand that the last few units in the course would get cut off due to the circumstances but months are a pretty big stretch.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - PinkRose - Apr. 29, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  4:42 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  11:26 AM)PinkRose Wrote: Alright so, I finally graduated Middle School ( just finished my last exam one hour ago). This year had a looooot of ups and downs (especially downs lol), but I learned a lot from it, met new friends, and had some super fun moments. Now it's time to enjoy the holidays and actually start working on finishing my backlog in...a lot of things lmao.
*blows a streamer* HOORAY FOR SUMMER HOLIDAY!!

Well, it'll be good for you to unwind before high school starts. The mindset will be a very different change.

True, I'm not rly looking forward to it, but I'll try to learn as much as I can about it before I start so I know what I'm doing during the year.

(Apr. 29, 2021  5:12 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  5:03 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: im in physical science, I did chemistry last semester, 8th grade but my school is a grade ahead so im in 8th grade but im learning 9th grade level stuff, my teacher is a real nutcase of a wackadoo, and my current average is a 73 but that's because the science teacher didn't grade anything from this semester. That last thing he graded was from 2020 lol.

So you sit around a C then (I live in Canada so a 70 is a B- but I would assume you are American). Seems odd that your science teacher hasn't graded anything since 2020. I understand that the last few units in the course would get cut off due to the circumstances but months are a pretty big stretch.
Yeah. I did say that he's a nutcase of a wackadoo. So now you know why. But he has to have graded everything once this school year is over, so hopefully he will.

(Apr. 29, 2021  5:19 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  4:42 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Well, it'll be good for you to unwind before high school starts. The mindset will be a very different change.

True, I'm not rly looking forward to it, but I'll try to learn as much as I can about it before I start so I know what I'm doing during the year.

Well then, I'll tell you some things worth knowing. You may already know these things but if you don't, they'll be helpful. First things first, you have to take notes and you have to do the homework even if your teacher isn't collecting it. Simply paying attention during class, studying last minute and doing all those things people did during elementary and middle school won't work in high school. You ought to review your notes both after class on the day you get them, and a second time during your studying before evaluations (tests/quizzes). You can't procrastinate anymore, you should always utilize all the time you have when working on assignments. This doesn't mean you have to study for hours everyday, but you should be prepared to work outside of class everyday. If you miss a day of class, make it your priority to message your teacher or get the notes/work from a fellow student if they aren't already on your google classroom and such because you usually can't afford to fall behind all that much. If you feel you are having trouble and are falling behind, don't wait to ask for help or tell your parents. You should do it immediately so that you can get that edge. Truth be told, grades 9-11 are usually not very important in the grand scheme of things or rather, they aren't for me since Canadian universities/colleges only look at gr 12 marks (they only care about gr 11 marks if your gr 12 marks are insufficient or if your apply on early acceptance) although, it is more than likely probably the same for your country. Despite this, don't disregard your 9-10 marks, understanding and performing well in those grades will make it easier in 11-12. Lastly, try to plan ahead. This one isn't really mandatory since you will only be going to gr 9 but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to think about post high school education and schools because of the prerequisites the programs will require.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - WorldKai - Apr. 29, 2021

Report cards just came out and I did pretty good

I had 1 flipping point until an A in math

RE: Let’s Talk About School - UnseenBurst - Apr. 29, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  5:36 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  5:19 PM)PinkRose Wrote: True, I'm not rly looking forward to it, but I'll try to learn as much as I can about it before I start so I know what I'm doing during the year.

Well then, I'll tell you some things worth knowing. You may already know these things but if you don't, they'll be helpful. First things first, you have to take notes and you have to do the homework even if your teacher isn't collecting it. Simply paying attention during class, studying last minute and doing all those things people did during elementary and middle school won't work in high school. You ought to review your notes both after class on the day you get them, and a second time during your studying before evaluations (tests/quizzes). You can't procrastinate anymore, you should always utilize all the time you have when working on assignments. This doesn't mean you have to study for hours everyday, but you should be prepared to work outside of class everyday. If you miss a day of class, make it your priority to message your teacher or get the notes/work from a fellow student if they aren't already on your google classroom and such because you usually can't afford to fall behind all that much. If you feel you are having trouble and are falling behind, don't wait to ask for help or tell your parents. You should do it immediately so that you can get that edge. Truth be told, grades 9-11 are usually not very important in the grand scheme of things or rather, they aren't for me since Canadian universities/colleges only look at gr 12 marks (they only care about gr 11 marks if your gr 12 marks are insufficient or if your apply on early acceptance) although, it is more than likely probably the same for your school. Despite this, don't disregard your 9-10 marks, understanding and performing well in those grades will make it easier in 11-12. Lastly, try to plan ahead. This one isn't really mandatory since you will only be going to gr 9 but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to think about post high school education and schools because of the prerequisites the programs will require.

He speaks the truth

RE: Let’s Talk About School - Pixi - Apr. 29, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  5:36 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  5:19 PM)PinkRose Wrote: True, I'm not rly looking forward to it, but I'll try to learn as much as I can about it before I start so I know what I'm doing during the year.

Well then, I'll tell you some things worth knowing. You may already know these things but if you don't, they'll be helpful. First things first, you have to take notes and you have to do the homework even if your teacher isn't collecting it. Simply paying attention during class, studying last minute and doing all those things people did during elementary and middle school won't work in high school. You ought to review your notes both after class on the day you get them, and a second time during your studying before evaluations (tests/quizzes). You can't procrastinate anymore, you should always utilize all the time you have when working on assignments. This doesn't mean you have to study for hours everyday, but you should be prepared to work outside of class everyday. If you miss a day of class, make it your priority to message your teacher or get the notes/work from a fellow student if they aren't already on your google classroom and such because you usually can't afford to fall behind all that much. If you feel you are having trouble and are falling behind, don't wait to ask for help or tell your parents. You should do it immediately so that you can get that edge. Truth be told, grades 9-11 are usually not very important in the grand scheme of things or rather, they aren't for me since Canadian universities/colleges only look at gr 12 marks (they only care about gr 11 marks if your gr 12 marks are insufficient or if your apply on early acceptance) although, it is more than likely probably the same for your school. Despite this, don't disregard your 9-10 marks, understanding and performing well in those grades will make it easier in 11-12. Lastly, try to plan ahead. This one isn't really mandatory since you will only be going to gr 9 but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to think about post high school education and schools because of the prerequisites the programs will require.

oh boy 😀

RE: Let’s Talk About School - PinkRose - Apr. 29, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  6:13 PM)Pixi Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  5:36 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Well then, I'll tell you some things worth knowing. You may already know these things but if you don't, they'll be helpful. First things first, you have to take notes and you have to do the homework even if your teacher isn't collecting it. Simply paying attention during class, studying last minute and doing all those things people did during elementary and middle school won't work in high school. You ought to review your notes both after class on the day you get them, and a second time during your studying before evaluations (tests/quizzes). You can't procrastinate anymore, you should always utilize all the time you have when working on assignments. This doesn't mean you have to study for hours everyday, but you should be prepared to work outside of class everyday. If you miss a day of class, make it your priority to message your teacher or get the notes/work from a fellow student if they aren't already on your google classroom and such because you usually can't afford to fall behind all that much. If you feel you are having trouble and are falling behind, don't wait to ask for help or tell your parents. You should do it immediately so that you can get that edge. Truth be told, grades 9-11 are usually not very important in the grand scheme of things or rather, they aren't for me since Canadian universities/colleges only look at gr 12 marks (they only care about gr 11 marks if your gr 12 marks are insufficient or if your apply on early acceptance) although, it is more than likely probably the same for your school. Despite this, don't disregard your 9-10 marks, understanding and performing well in those grades will make it easier in 11-12. Lastly, try to plan ahead. This one isn't really mandatory since you will only be going to gr 9 but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to think about post high school education and schools because of the prerequisites the programs will require.

oh boy 😀

This is gonna be a fun year indeed...

(Apr. 29, 2021  6:16 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  6:13 PM)Pixi Wrote: oh boy 😀

This is gonna be a fun year indeed...

Don't worry, it really isn't that hard. The work itself as well as the notes are pretty easy. The main idea is consistency, always work consistently and thoroughly. If you do that, you will be fine.

(Apr. 29, 2021  6:40 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  6:16 PM)PinkRose Wrote: This is gonna be a fun year indeed...

Don't worry, it really isn't that hard. The work itself as well as the notes are pretty easy. The main idea is consistency, always work consistently and thoroughly. If you do that, you will be fine.
Are you in 12th grade? Cause from the way you are saying stuff it seems like you have been through 9th grade.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - Free... Hoya - Apr. 29, 2021

My high school life is ending in like a month, which is full of exams.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - CheetoBlader - Apr. 29, 2021

*pulls out list of dumb things to do at school*

Alright tomorrow I’m taking over my school with the 80s. Gonna wear a black leather jacket, a black or white t-shirt (not sure which one yet), jeans, sunglasses, and I’ll be bringing in my boom box and blasting 80s music.

It’s gonna be a fun day and my RBV17s arrive tomorrow too

(Apr. 29, 2021  6:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  6:40 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Don't worry, it really isn't that hard. The work itself as well as the notes are pretty easy. The main idea is consistency, always work consistently and thoroughly. If you do that, you will be fine.
Are you in 12th grade? Cause from the way you are saying stuff it seems like you have been through 9th grade.

I am currently in my last two months of grade 11 but rest assured, I have experienced 9-10. I also have family members who have been through 12 and have entered their post-high school education so I have some general understanding of the worth ethic and requirements.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - UltimateMaster - Apr. 29, 2021

We had a lockdown on Tuesday. It turns out there was a bomb threat at a High School down the street. They found nothing, but it was pretty scary.

(Apr. 29, 2021  10:12 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  6:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Are you in 12th grade? Cause from the way you are saying stuff it seems like you have been through 9th grade.

I am currently in my last two months of grade 11 but rest assured, I have experienced 9-10. I also have family members who have been through 12 and have entered their post-high school education so I have some general understanding of the worth ethic and requirements.
Ah. Makes sense.

(Apr. 29, 2021  11:12 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: We had a lockdown on Tuesday. It turns out there was a bomb threat at a High School down the street. They found nothing, but it was pretty scary.

That happened once at my school. There was a girl with a gun and she was just prowling around the school, all the kids had to go inside and a policeman caught her. She tried to run but the policeman were to fast.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - UltimateMaster - Apr. 30, 2021

(Apr. 29, 2021  11:35 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  10:12 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I am currently in my last two months of grade 11 but rest assured, I have experienced 9-10. I also have family members who have been through 12 and have entered their post-high school education so I have some general understanding of the worth ethic and requirements.
Ah. Makes sense.

(Apr. 29, 2021  11:12 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: We had a lockdown on Tuesday. It turns out there was a bomb threat at a High School down the street. They found nothing, but it was pretty scary.

That happened once at my school. There was a girl with a gun and she was just prowling around the school, all the kids had to go inside and a policeman caught her. She tried to run but the policeman were to fast.

That sounds terrifying! The only other time I’ve had a lockdown was when there was a bear on campus.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - TheRogueBlader - Apr. 30, 2021

(Apr. 30, 2021  12:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2021  11:35 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Ah. Makes sense.

That sounds terrifying! The only other time I’ve had a lockdown was when there was a bear on campus.

NOOOOOO! A BEAR!? HAHAHA! IDK WHY BUT THATS HILARIOUS! WHAT WAS IT DOING, LOOKING FOR SALMON WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WOOOO!

RE: Let’s Talk About School - UltimateMaster - Apr. 30, 2021

(Apr. 30, 2021  12:41 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2021  12:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: That sounds terrifying! The only other time I’ve had a lockdown was when there was a bear on campus.

NOOOOOO! A BEAR!? HAHAHA! IDK WHY BUT THATS HILARIOUS! WHAT WAS IT DOING, LOOKING FOR SALMON WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WOOOO!

AHAHAHAAHA. But ya, it was looking for food.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - Pixi - Apr. 30, 2021

im doing great in all of my classes expect math
have a 73 
andddddd the school year is almost going to end (like 4 more weeks)
Smith

RE: Let’s Talk About School - PinkRose - Apr. 30, 2021

(Apr. 30, 2021  1:00 AM)Pixi Wrote: im doing great in all of my classes expect math
have a 73 
andddddd the school year is almost going to end (like 4 more weeks)
Smith
Kinda relatable ngl, Math gets a fair bit harder once you get into Middle School. Good luck with the remaining four weeks friendo, you got this!

RE: Let’s Talk About School - BurningSands - May. 06, 2021

A little late, but for those in the USA taking AP tests around this time:

Good luck!! Its especially tough to be in a position where youre taking a class far more advanced than what your grade should take. And its never fun for the exam session to be incredibly long and boring. AP kinda sucks aha /lh

RE: Let’s Talk About School - UltimateMaster - May. 06, 2021

So, I am in my school's Model United Nations (It's a worldwide thing, and a ton of fun), and today was the last day. For anyone who doesn't know, on the last day, they give out awards, and I won one for a paper I wrote! I didn't really expect to win anything so I am still freaking out.

RE: Let’s Talk About School - CheetoBlader - May. 06, 2021

I have a final exam next week, not worried about it at all.

However, I have a math final in 2-3 weeks and I’m quite nervous. I feel confident about my mathematic capabilities but passing this is important. In February, I took a test to determine how ready I am for a level of math that requires me to skip a grade in math. I aced that. But the final part of skipping a grade in math is passing advanced on this final exam. Welp wish me luck

Also taking all honors classes so that’s fun

RE: Let’s Talk About School - UltimateMaster - May. 06, 2021

(May. 06, 2021  9:23 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I have a final exam next week, not worried about it at all.

However, I have a math final in 2-3 weeks and I’m quite nervous. I feel confident about my mathematic capabilities but passing this is important. In February, I took a test to determine how ready I am for a level of math that requires me to skip a grade in math. I aced that. But the final part of skipping a grade in math is passing advanced on this final exam. Welp wish me luck

Also taking all honors classes so that’s fun

Best of luck! I know you can do it!