World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Unanswered Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Unanswered Should Mods allow 3d printed formats (/Thread-Unanswered-Should-Mods-allow-3d-printed-formats)

Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Jack jackson - May. 15, 2019

The title says it all...

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - UltimateMaster - May. 15, 2019

For a tournament? No.
Too many OP designs and not everyone has access to a printer. Therefore this should not be allowed.

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Jack jackson - May. 15, 2019

(May. 15, 2019  1:58 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: For a tournament? No.
Too many OP designs and not everyone has access to a printer. Therefore this should not be allowed.

Okay just wanted a answer

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - UltimateMaster - May. 15, 2019

(May. 15, 2019  2:00 AM)Jack jackson Wrote:

Okay just wanted a answer
It could happen in the future though Smile

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Ash_Ketchum_007 - May. 15, 2019

We could make a set of rules like the set of rules for pinewood derby cars. It would take a long time to perfect the rules though.

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - BBGUSA - May. 16, 2019

In my opinion it would vary on exactly what the 3d printing would be used for, say for instance homemade level chips or light wheel variant forge discs, that can be good for more casual for the fun of it tournaments, but for official tornaments, most likely not since the potential for more chaotic parts to be made in any system is very high and still brings an unfair advantage

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Ash_Ketchum_007 - May. 16, 2019

(May. 16, 2019  6:27 AM)BBGUSA Wrote: In my opinion it would vary on exactly what the 3d printing would be used for, say for instance homemade level chips or light wheel variant forge discs, that can be good for more casual for the fun of it tournaments, but for official tornaments, most likely not since the potential for more chaotic parts to be made in any system is very high and still brings an unfair advantage

He was talking about the possibility of format in which only 3d printed parts are used (or atleast only 3d printed layer).

Guys, I have seen a product that is similar to gallium, but it is plastic. You have to put in a bowl kept in lukewarm water and it will soften, allowing us to put it over cracks or make molds out of it. I was thinking if we have something like standard circular bases (3d printed or obtained in other ways), we could have a format where participants use this plastic on the bases and make layers which will then be used in the tournament (idk how strong it is though). I will try to find the video in which I saw it. I think it was named something like 'this plastic sheet fixes anything'.

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Adarsh Abhinav - May. 16, 2019

(May. 16, 2019  7:43 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(May. 16, 2019  6:27 AM)BBGUSA Wrote: In my opinion it would vary on exactly what the 3d printing would be used for, say for instance homemade level chips or light wheel variant forge discs, that can be good for  more casual for the fun of it tournaments, but for official tornaments, most likely not since the potential for more chaotic parts to be made in any system is very high and still brings an unfair advantage

He was talking about the possibility of format in which only 3d printed parts are used (or atleast only 3d printed layer).

Guys, I have seen a product that is similar to gallium, but it is plastic. You have to put in a bowl kept in lukewarm water and it will soften, allowing us to put it over cracks or make molds out of it. I was thinking if we have something like standard circular bases (3d printed or obtained in other ways), we could have a format where participants use this plastic on the bases and make layers which will then be used in the tournament (idk how strong it is though). I will try to find the video in which I saw it. I think it was named something like 'this plastic sheet fixes anything'.

Gallium is a soft metal. Solid at room temperature, still when you keep it in your hand for 5 minutes, it will melt. That's a no go choice

RE: Should Mods allow 3d printed formats - Ash_Ketchum_007 - May. 16, 2019

(May. 16, 2019  9:56 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Gallium is a soft metal. Solid at room temperature, still when you keep it in your hand for 5 minutes, it will melt. That's a no go choice
Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKobVjJVj90