World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? (/Thread-What-s-The-Best-Program-for-Designing-3D-Beys)

What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - boigamer25 - Apr. 20, 2019

Hi. So I'm going to start designing designing custom beys. I was wondering what are some good programs to use for designing beys, like Xander. I doubt I'll be as good as him though. But I want to see my designs become reality. Who knows. Maybe I'll start a 3D printing service for custom beys for people.  Until then, I'm just looking for a good program to use.

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - drewb518 - Apr. 20, 2019

yeah I have an awesome idea for a Beyblade but I need a program to design it
I also need a 3d printer but hey that's a minor detail
after I design it I might as one of you guys to print it for me

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - boigamer25 - Apr. 20, 2019

(Apr. 20, 2019  4:26 AM)drewb518 Wrote: yeah I have an awesome idea for a Beyblade but I need a program to design it
I also need a 3d printer but hey that's a minor detail
after I design it I might as one of you guys to print it for me

Hope I'll be able to do it. Also I like your Signature XD

thanks I actually based off of Rintaro in Beyblade burst evolution

(Apr. 20, 2019  4:30 AM)drewb518 Wrote: thanks I actually based off of Rintaro in Beyblade burst evolution

The bey or the signature?

signature is from him

(Apr. 20, 2019  4:34 AM)drewb518 Wrote: signature is from him

Cool

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - ultra destinus - Apr. 20, 2019

This thread seems to have derailed instantly. If you have a windows 10 pc, then the free 3d builder app is a good app for beginners. If it's not windows 10, you can try the XYZMaker Suite app.

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - Cat - May. 01, 2019

Here are a few I have used, and why I would or would not recommend them. I believe they all let you download a free trial for 30 days:

Maya:  The industry gold-standard for 3D modeling for a long time.  There are thousands of free modeling tutorials for Maya, it can make beautiful realistic renders.  Drawbacks.... It's very expensive because it's also used for visual effects, character animation, intense particle simulations, etc etc, all the stuff you don't need.  Also, despite it's wonderful modeling capabilities, you can't model something with utmost precision.  You could make a very beautiful, organic looking bey, but I can't promise it would function very well.

Cinema 4D:  A good competitor to Maya that is heavily used by graphic designers.  I picked it up when I went freelance and the learning curb wasn't too bad. Somewhat less expensive than Maya and capable of very beautiful rendering, but again, not streamlined for product design.

Rhino:   The one I would recommend.  You'll have to bone-up on your high school geometry, but it will serve you well, Rhino was made specifically for prototyping and it's come a long way since I last used it.   If you want a certain width, height, depth, or angle, and it must be precise, presto!  Maya and Cinema required eyeballing for that, Rhino lets you input numbers.  Latest version is about $1K, one version down can be had for around $700.  Either way, far cheaper than Maya or Cinema.  https://www.rhino3d.com/

The one thing I can't advise you on is 3D printing.  Five years ago my husband bought a FlashForge, a more economical version of the MakerBot, because he "needed it for work."  Bah!  He wanted to play with it.  Unfortunately nothing it printed out was durable or smooth.  I asked him if I could at least use it to make some art deco knick-knacks for the house, and he said not to bother. I don't think he ever printed anything that was useful before we had to get rid of it. When I'm eyeing a limited edition bottle of perfume and arguing with myself that it's a frivolous expense, I remind myself that hubby dropped $3K on a 3D printer that was little more than junk.

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - Adarsh Abhinav - May. 01, 2019

Blender.
I mean seriously

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - drewb518 - May. 10, 2019

do any of you know a free program that is great for designing Beyblades
the one I have now isn't that good

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - Avery Purple999 - May. 10, 2019

I actually would go to a blacksmith to make custom beys too cause a lot of beyblades are made of metal and plastic. I'm just saying that's how I evolve my beys. -Avery

RE: What's The Best Program for Designing 3D Beys? - HappyRhino - May. 14, 2019

(Apr. 20, 2019  4:17 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hi. So I'm going to start designing designing custom beys. I was wondering what are some good programs to use for designing beys, like Xander. I doubt I'll be as good as him though. But I want to see my designs become reality. Who knows. Maybe I'll start a 3D printing service for custom beys for people.  Until then, I'm just looking for a good program to use.

I’d suggest simply getting good at using TinkerCad
It’s free and easy! If you want something professional though: I’d suggest you think about solid works. It has a learning curb- but is a powerful program
Hope this helped Smile