World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-120 Starter Buster Xcalibur 1' Sword - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-120 Starter Buster Xcalibur 1' Sword (/Thread-Product-B-120-Starter-Buster-Xcalibur-1-Sword)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: B-120 Starter - MagikHorse - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 11, 2018  2:43 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2018  2:13 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I don't see how a bearings would help an offensive driver out.

they could make it so the driver LOOKS symmetrical, but inside, it is very unbalanced and the weight is heavily concentrated on one side

You don't need a bearing for weight, you need a bearing to make a shaft spin freely better. All you need is a gap or some extra plastic or metal to make it off-kilter. That's not a good idea at any rate, since the lack of balance will kill Stamina and make the whole thing bounce more a la Operate Attack Mode, and we all know how bad that is.

RE: B-120 Starter - Jinbee - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 11, 2018  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2018  2:43 AM)leosama Wrote: they could make it so the driver LOOKS symmetrical, but inside, it is very unbalanced and the weight is heavily concentrated on one side

You don't need a bearing for weight, you need a bearing to make a shaft spin freely better. All you need is a gap or some extra plastic or metal to make it off-kilter. That's not a good idea at any rate, since the lack of balance will kill Stamina and make the whole thing bounce more a la Operate Attack Mode, and we all know how bad that is.

The heavy side could line up with the sword, and it could be possible since Xcalibur was normally always about more power on it's attacks while sacrificing stamina, with Iron being a possible exception.

RE: B-120 Starter - CitrusNinja3 - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 06, 2018  10:56 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: When it comes to the new Amaterios I don't think it's X, maybe a new Greek letter?

It's actually the letter "Lambda" from Greek, but looks a bit like an X due to the font

RE: B-120 Starter - marutti - Jul. 11, 2018

bX Blader will be Jean Bogard. Not Xhaka

(Jul. 11, 2018  6:17 PM)marutti Wrote: bX Blader will be Jean Bogard. Not Xhaka
https://i.imgur.com/ncQWmpQ.jpg

RE: B-120 Starter - BuilderROB - Jul. 11, 2018

But it’s name is Xcalibur

RE: B-120 Starter - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 11, 2018  6:34 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

But it’s name is Xcalibur

Xhaka's real name was Kaiza.

RE: B-120 Starter - BuilderROB - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 11, 2018  6:36 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2018  6:34 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: But it’s name is Xcalibur

Xhaka's real name was Kaiza.

Right but this would break the usual pattern since Buster Xcaliburs main name is Xcalibur and the owners name is Dhaka. What even proves that the owner is Jean Bogard?

RE: B-120 Starter - Jinbee - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 11, 2018  6:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2018  6:36 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Xhaka's real name was Kaiza.

Right but this would break the usual pattern since Buster Xcaliburs main name is Xcalibur and the owners name is Dhaka. What  even proves that the owner is Jean Bogard?

They could have a nickname or an another name for himself like Xhaka did.

RE: B-120 Starter - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jul. 11, 2018

(Jul. 11, 2018  6:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2018  6:36 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Xhaka's real name was Kaiza.

Right but this would break the usual pattern since Buster Xcaliburs main name is Xcalibur and the owners name is Dhaka. What  even proves that the owner is Jean Bogard?

Jean could have a nickname with an X.

RE: B-120 Starter - CrazyAries - Jul. 12, 2018

Here is some unconfirmed information:
1. The Disc of bX is 1', instead of 1. So yes, all parts of bX are new.
2. Sw means Sword, which is a high driver, and has metal tip. (this is disappointing for me)
3. the gimmick of bX is that the sword point could pop out.

RE: B-120 Starter - Jinbee - Jul. 12, 2018

(Jul. 12, 2018  7:21 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Here is some unconfirmed information:
2. Sw means Sword, which is a high driver, and has metal tip. (this is disappointing for me)

1. Wait WHAT?! 1'?
2. Is it really just a taller Iron or does it have another gimmick?
3. IF this is real, I totally called it.

RE: B-120 Starter - CrazyAries - Jul. 12, 2018

(Jul. 12, 2018  7:28 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

1. Wait WHAT?! 1'?
2. Is it really just a taller Iron or does it have another gimmick?
3. IF this is real, I totally called it.

All these are unconfirmed. A friend of mine who can read Japanese found them on Twitter, from someone who claimed that he had bought the new Corocoro issue.
This is the link he gave me. But I cannot read Japanese so I don't know if that's real. 
Also, he said that there will be a new Frame on zA in the Triple Booster Set, and there will be an evolved Xtend in the future release.

RE: B-120 Starter - LOL-y Rancher - Jul. 12, 2018

1. Man, that apostrophe makes so much difference now xD
2. Kind of expected a metal tip but a taller one? I hope there's also another point on it to line up with the Disc and Layer for a Quadruple Impact
3. Sounds interesting, kinda like Kukulcan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/ベイブレードバースト?src=hashtag_click

Another picture of the owner of bX.

https://gamp.ameblo.jp/egnat/entry-12390335427.html?__twitter_impression=true

Xcaliburs parts here, not sure if i'm allowed to post the images so heres the link.

And YES I knew it! The sword slides out! The driver also has metal blades sticking out the side and one side looks heavier, so I think I guessed that too.

RE: B-120 Starter - Suhasini - Jul. 12, 2018

Oh great! The disc looks so good! I can see a sword shape popping out of it too? The driver, it's blue.. I like it too..
My only concern is that the disc, with that metal popping out to form the sword, can the disc be a little unbalanced? And, will it lead to customization problems?

RE: B-120 Starter - FreeZ - Jul. 12, 2018

The Things from the Disk are on the other side that means it will be Left Spin !?

(Jul. 12, 2018  2:17 PM)FreeZ Wrote: The Things from the Disk are on the other side that means it will be Left Spin !?

Hmm, so they are. I did not notice that. And I don't think the image is mirrored.

RE: B-120 Starter - Frostic Fox - Jul. 12, 2018

Taking from the images Jinbee found, I can confirm the first two. In Japanese, the 1' is written as "one dash" for pronunciation. I think the more proper way to say it in English would be "one prime". Because, you know, a dash is - or --.

Prime is a slightly different symbol to an apostrophe/single quote, but the latter is often used in its place because it's easier to type. Prime is used to indicate a relationship between two things in variables, some info on that here. Or, as Wikipedia put it for short, "x′ generally means something related to or derived from x."

And "ソード" is "Sword", so now all that guessing is now confirmed.

I'll have to translate/read more from the third, but kingly Jean Bogarde appears to be the blader after all. It has his pic and mentions "Xcalibur" in it, so I'd say so (on top of what was already said).

Images Jinbee shared, credits going to egnat for them (Click to View)

marutti pointed out Jean Bogarde already for episode 17:

ジャン・ボガード, Jan Bogaado, comes to Jean Bogarde. (Or Bogard, which is a variation.)

It sounds a lot like John, because that's basically the French version. It's like the "jon" in "Dijon" mustard. Like the name Shawn, but instead of a Shhh sound, it has a Z-buzz, like Zhawn.

Or if you know the song Frère Jacques, it's the same sound as that J. Has a Z-like sound.

Because of that, I could see them rendering the name as Xhan or Xon or something. (Xean, if they only nix the J?) So the X is still possible.

Yeah, if "Shawn" could be spelled "Sean", I can see them doing "Xean". Xean Bogarde.

In the show, I am guessing that if the sword retracts later in the battle, it'll line up with the blue plastic underneath that is similar to the sword and create the double impact move or whatever.

RE: B-120 Starter - TL14 - Jul. 12, 2018

Omg! TT finally made an expanding/retracting metal sword Xcalibur. My dream gimmick (even tho it was intended for Sieg Xcalibur) just became reality. You can't beleive how happy I am. Best day ever. :D

RE: B-120 Starter - marutti - Jul. 12, 2018

RE: B-120 Starter - Frostic Fox - Jul. 13, 2018

Bringing from the other thread, dash vs. prime:

(Jul. 13, 2018  1:29 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Found this lovely gem.

f'(x) is pronounced:
f dasshu x (f ダッシュ x) -- Dash
or
f puraimu x (f プライム x) -- Prime

And then this one:
Quote:The symbol "′" is pronounced "prime" (USA) or "dash" (outside USA). For example, x′ is pronounced "x prime" or "x dash". x″ is pronounced "x double prime".

Still, it's an ugly name in my book, but I guess it's less a Japanese issue and more a rest-of-the-world thing. Yuck at calling it a "dash" when we already have a dash though, like why....

This is a cool read on the subject: How do you pronounce the symbol ′ in f′? Basically, prime is more common now, but in British English, it's more traditional to use "dash" and so countries outside of the US (Japan included) may use "dash" in pre-university and then switch to prime at university level.

Where were these things when I was looking earlier?

Edit: So I'm going to take it as the Z Achilles situation, of "Zee", "Zed", etc. You can pronounce it whatever is regular for your own language. In Japanese, that's Zetto, but most of us don't say that. We all write it Z just the same.

RE: B-120 Starter - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jul. 13, 2018

Is the Disc 1- ?

RE: B-120 Starter - BeyCrafter - Jul. 13, 2018

(Jul. 13, 2018  8:49 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Is the Disc 1- ?

Actually, it's 1 Prime. Basically an upgraded 1 Disc

RE: B-120 Starter - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jul. 13, 2018

(Jul. 13, 2018  8:55 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2018  8:49 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Is the Disc 1- ?

Actually, it's 1 Prime. Basically an upgraded 1 Disc

On the website it's stylized like so; 1'
Is that right?