World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction (/Thread-Product-B-117-Starter-Revive-Phoenix-10-Friction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - RedPanda2 - Jun. 08, 2018

I’ve read the early opinions on both sides and i thought i’d throw mine in for posterity's sake.  

based on just the video, i think this layer will be hysterically OP or completely worthless.  the outer ring is essentially a projectile weapon once popped, and the ring transitions to a stamina killing obstacle once stopped.  to make matters worse, the remaining bey is a nearly perfect circle.

as far as banning, i have no opinion other than being pretty certain the committee will make the right call if needed.

of course i know nothing and i’m just speculating.  but i am definitely “preordering” and shipping EMS for this one!

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - GOD CHIPS - Jun. 08, 2018

MOST OP BEYBLADES
- IN SEASON 1 (BURST) = LOST LONGINUS,
- IN SEASON 2 (BURST GOD/EVOLUTION) = SPRIGEN REQRUIEM
- IN SEASON 3 ( SUPER ZETSU ) = REVIVIE PHOENIX

but the ULTIMATE beyblade is CHEETO

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  5:05 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: MOST OP BEYBLADES

Revive Pheonix.... I seriously Don't know why people think that its that OP.. Just because we know the gimmick people think its invincible. The gimmick might not be useful if the beyblade does not have some real weight. At this moment OP in Season 3 should be Hell Salamander.

(Jun. 08, 2018  5:24 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2018  5:05 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: MOST OP BEYBLADES

Revive Pheonix.... I seriously Don't know why people think that its that OP.. Just because we know the gimmick people think its invincible. The gimmick might not be useful if the beyblade does not have some real weight. At this moment OP in Season 3 should be Hell Salamander.
WELL, you are right  the season 3 op beyblade is still HELL SALAMANDER 12 OP but we still have ARCHER HERCULES,,BUSTER EXCALIUS ,HAZARD KERBIUS  
(but in beyblade super z wiki there is few more newly reviled names like Weiss Leopard,Shining Amaterios,Orb Aegis,Dead Hades and TWO MORE EXCLUSIVE NAMES
Shadow Amaterios, Shining Amaterios

(Jun. 04, 2018  5:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  5:01 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: I'm aware of the ring. But it should be easy enough to knock it out of the stadium. It doesn't look like it'll cause a lot of trouble to other beys.
I have to agree with this. The gimmick will be useless until and unless the beyblade has some real weight. Because all the discs of Cho-Z era are light and outclassed. So Light disc+ POM on friction driver will give an easy KO. So it really might not be such of a threat.

what about a heavy disc and a rubber or defensive driver... i seriously Don’t know no idea why people would think a perceived weaknesses of the stock combo could be considered evidence the layer is not OP. the stock combo and light super z discs are irrelevant (just like they are in hell salamander combos).

so you think there is no value in a projectile weapon and a defensive perfect(?) circle sub-layer shape? 

let’s not pretend these gimmicks are not potentially OP because we are afraid it will be banned, lol.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  8:29 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  5:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote: I have to agree with this. The gimmick will be useless until and unless the beyblade has some real weight. Because all the discs of Cho-Z era are light and outclassed. So Light disc+ POM on friction driver will give an easy KO. So it really might not be such of a threat.

what about a heavy disc and a rubber or defensive driver... i seriously Don’t know no idea why people would think a perceived weaknesses of the stock combo could be considered evidence the layer is not OP. the stock combo and light super z discs are irrelevant (just like they are in hell salamander combos).

so you think there is no value in a projectile weapon and a defensive perfect circle sub-layer shape?

let’s not pretend these gimmicks are not potentially OP because we are afraid it will be banned, lol.
First of all, at that moment we were talking about hS as a stock beyblade. Secondly, I agree to the fact that potential combos will make the layer OP. But, as for a stock combo, every part matters.
Yes, the "defensive perfect circle sub-layer shape" matters, but all parts are dependent on each other.
The only point I made there is that Light disc+POM is an easy KO. But combos might improvw the performance.
And just to bring it in notice, I don't think that there is a need to ban the layer. Just because it has 2 lives, it does not become invincible. Combos with potential 
to defeat this layer are possible. We just have to find themWink
I am not saying that I am not agreeing with you, but please understand my point too. The beyblade has its own pros and cons as a stock combo.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Real_ilinnuc - Jun. 08, 2018

The only way i can see this being banned is because the first part of the layer, if it was to just float around in the stadium, would effect the battles quite a bit.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Limetka - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  8:29 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  5:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote: I have to agree with this. The gimmick will be useless until and unless the beyblade has some real weight. Because all the discs of Cho-Z era are light and outclassed. So Light disc+ POM on friction driver will give an easy KO. So it really might not be such of a threat.

so you think there is no value in a projectile weapon and a defensive perfect circle sub-layer shape?

The projectile can hit Phoenix too.. or if you mean the moment it falls of before hitting any walls it couldn't possibly hit the opponent (unless "bursted" by a wall) since it should always fly in the direction it was hit.

(Jun. 08, 2018  11:04 AM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2018  8:29 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: what about a heavy disc and a rubber or defensive driver... i seriously Don’t know no idea why people would think a perceived weaknesses of the stock combo could be considered evidence the layer is not OP. the stock combo and light super z discs are irrelevant (just like they are in hell salamander combos).

so you think there is no value in a projectile weapon and a defensive perfect circle sub-layer shape?

The projectile can hit Phoenix too.. or if you mean the moment it falls of before hitting any walls it couldn't possibly hit the opponent (unless "bursted" by a wall) since it should always fly in the direction it was hit. M
OR the projectile can get deformed if it gets in contact with the opposite beyblade or its own beyblade , it may even hit us when it gets bursted ( it might hit our eyes when it gets thrown , it will be dangerous for us ) , it can even the walls and make  the make the whole bey-stadium stumble or unbalance , ( IN OTHER WORD , THIS GIMMICK IS SOMEWHAT DANGEROUS FOR US ,AND MAY DAMAGE ITSELF )

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - ultra destinus - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  9:18 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: The only way i can see this being banned is because the first part of the layer, if it was to just float around in the stadium, would effect the battles quite a bit.

That's exactly what I've been saying the entire time. The beyblades would be hindered a tiny bit by the burst ring (that's what i'll name it for now) if it stays in the stadium, and we can't take it out until the battle is over, meaning either phoenix or the opposing bey will lose faster. maybe we could have a restriction on the ring?

(Jun. 08, 2018  11:04 AM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2018  8:29 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: what about a heavy disc and a rubber or defensive driver... i seriously Don’t know no idea why people would think a perceived weaknesses of the stock combo could be considered evidence the layer is not OP. the stock combo and light super z discs are irrelevant (just like they are in hell salamander combos).

The projectile can hit Phoenix too.. or if you mean the moment it falls of before hitting any walls it couldn't possibly hit the opponent (unless "bursted" by a wall) since it should always fly in the direction it was hit.

Yes, i thought about that. It’s possible, but that would be mitigated to some degreee by the perfect(?) round shape of the sub layer.  So if the risk of being hit is shared by both beys, i think the overall advantage still goes to rF.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Jinbee - Jun. 08, 2018

I'm also thinking that it's possible that while rP's outer layer is removed, it might knock it slightly off balance temporarily. The layer does look potentially good, mainly that circular form, but we'll just have to see.

I also find it funny that both Garuda and Phoenix have the super round layers one way or another, yet one is super wide and one is super compact.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - TrainiacJ - Jun. 08, 2018

I think the shape of rP's outside ring would be too much of a hinderance to performance for this to be overpowered. As for obstructing the battlefield, there are already rulings in place for stuff like that in Plastics, so it wouldn't be that hard to write around.

I think if rP's ring stayed in the stadium after detatching, it would be interesting to see a play style built around how it obstructs the battlefield. It could distrupt movement patterns or even get in a hit on the opponent, and I don't think that's something that's been tried before in Beyblade. I'm looking forward to seeing how that could play out, haha.

Now that makes me wonder how Wedge would react to the ring on the stadium, after all it is a tall cylinder tip but it does depend on the thickness of that ring.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MagikHorse - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  5:11 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Now that makes me wonder how Wedge would react to the ring on the stadium, after all it is a tall cylinder tip but it does depend on the thickness of that ring.

Probably wouldn't react much, if at all. Wedge has a long way from the floor up before it'd gets anything to actually hit, and I just don't think the ring is that tall. Might be a good way to avoid letting your own ring get in your way should it not fly out immediately, but on the other hand how likely is that scenario anyways? Is it really worth considering Wedge for this scenario instead of something more consistent like Atomic that might just knock the ring around instead?

I just don't think this ring will be a large impact on battle when popped, and so Wedge won't be needed to avoid it like this.

(Jun. 08, 2018  5:11 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Now that makes me wonder how Wedge would react to the ring on the stadium, after all it is a tall cylinder tip but it does depend on the thickness of that ring.

that is an interesting question.  i see what you mean: the shape of wedge might limit the impact of colliding with a stationary popped ring due to lower recoil, compared to something like xtreme which has large flat slabs connecting the tip to the rest of the driver.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - BladerGem - Jun. 08, 2018

Personally, I think we should keep wild speculations to a minimum until we actually get some first-hand experience using rP.

On the topic of the inner layer: I feel like mG has instilled an absurd fear of circular layers in us bladers. Weight and contact points also have a role to play. For example, Dark/Poison from MFB, or P2 from Burst.
They're all circular, but they're all horribly outclassed.

(Jun. 08, 2018  9:37 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Personally, I think we should keep wild speculations to a minimum until we actually get some first-hand  experience using rP.

On the topic of the inner layer: I feel like mG has instilled an absurd fear of circular layers in us bladers. Weight and contact points also have a role to play. For example, Dark/Poison from MFB, or P2 from Burst.
They're all circular, but they're all horribly outclassed.

Nah, its fair to speculate if TT chooses to release teaser videos.  that’s the whole point.

the problem with speculation is when it masquerades as fact, and thats not happening in this thread.

It’s obvious circular layers are the ultimate defensive shape, and yes weight is always a factor.  but if all other variables are held constant a circular layer is more defensive than layers of other forms.

The teaser videos do give us an idea of how it'll act, although it winning in the video doesn't tell us much, since Corocoro stage their battles to favour the new beyblade release, major ones especially.

Though I think that it'll at least be interesting, being round doesn't always mean it'll be good but that compact size and super smooth looking shape seems like it might have some use, but it depends on how heavy and how the weight is distributed.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - leosama - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  10:12 PM)Jinbee Wrote: The teaser videos do give us an idea of how it'll act, although it winning in the video doesn't tell us much, since Corocoro stage their battles to favour the new beyblade release, major ones especially.

Though I think that it'll at least be interesting, being round doesn't always mean it'll be good but that compact size and super smooth looking shape seems like it might have some use, but it depends on how heavy and how the weight is distributed.

Most of the metal on the layer is on the ring, right? 

That bit flies off, so wouldn’t that make rP the same weight as most Dual Layers (after ring is gone)?

I’ve really only seen the video once, so forgive me if I’m wrong?

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Grey Bey - Jun. 08, 2018

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Jinbee - Jun. 09, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  10:15 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2018  10:12 PM)Jinbee Wrote: The teaser videos do give us an idea of how it'll act, although it winning in the video doesn't tell us much, since Corocoro stage their battles to favour the new beyblade release, major ones especially.

Most of the metal on the layer is on the ring, right? 

That bit flies off, so wouldn’t that make rP the same weight as most Dual Layers (after ring is gone)?

I’ve really only seen the video once, so forgive me if I’m wrong?

I myself cannot tell if there's metal surrounding the core part or if that metal around it is part of the outer layer.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - RedPanda2 - Jun. 09, 2018

(Jun. 08, 2018  11:43 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:

can anyone tell if there are any contact points at all?

from the image it looks like there might be. 

looks like it’s not a perfect circle, but it might be close

thanks for the image, btw.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MagikHorse - Jun. 09, 2018

There are definitely contacts on it, that's for sure. Not very large ones, but any contact could give its opponents some way to defeat it post-first-burst.

Also, as said before, Hell Salamander was clearly launched far softer on its Attack mode driver, thus weakening it severely enough to lose by an easy outspin but while giving it a slow enough speed to burst Phoenix once. That's very highly staged, so basing its power based on that is no better than wild speculation.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MonoDragon - Jun. 12, 2018

So is Friction confirmed to be POM surrounded by Rubber?