World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction (/Thread-Product-B-117-Starter-Revive-Phoenix-10-Friction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Rebel Blader - Jun. 04, 2018

The only thing annoying about rP layer is that the beak isnt the same colour as that of the phoenix and the phoenix the middle resembles a dragon more than a phoenix other than that the design is beautiful i hope hasbros fixes the issue of the beak colour once it releases rP. Anyways do we have any pics of rPs avatar?

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Frostic Fox - Jun. 04, 2018

Here's a nice shot of Friction from the side from the video, for anyone who didn't see it (or just for convenience):

[Image: kNVVwng.png]

(Jun. 04, 2018  9:04 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: The only thing annoying about rP layer is that the beak isnt the same colour as that of the phoenix and the phoenix the middle resembles a dragon more than a phoenix other than that the design is beautiful i hope hasbros fixes the issue of the beak colour once it releases rP. Anyways do we have any pics of rPs avatar?

Is the beak a different color? It looks the same to me.

I don't think it looks like a dragon and I think the coloring is fine, but to each their own. I like the kind of tribal firebird look it has.

I think I would've liked more of a tail, but I can see why that didn't fit in. I like how the wing design extends to the outer ring. I think that was a cool idea.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  9:04 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Anyways do we have any pics of rPs avatar?
It still has not made an anime debut so no, we still don't have the pictures of the avatar.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Kry - Jun. 04, 2018

I'm hoping that friction will perform better than bearing, and subsequently easier to obtain. (even though it doesn't look like its freely rotating)

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Akiya95 - Jun. 04, 2018

I would bet money that this thing will get banned, I mean the gimmick is too op to beat

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  10:57 AM)Akiya95 Wrote: I would bet money that this thing will get banned, I mean the gimmick is too op to beat

How would it be too OP to beat?

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Akiya95 - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  1:30 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  10:57 AM)Akiya95 Wrote: I would bet money that this thing will get banned, I mean the gimmick is too op to beat

How would it be too OP to beat?
You are aware if this thing’s gimmick right? Burst it and the ring on the outside pops off and it continues spinning like nobody cares

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - ultra destinus - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 03, 2018  8:07 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2018  6:00 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: I really don't think this will be legal for any tournaments thanks to the gimmick.

What aspect of the gimmick has you thinking that?

Because from what I see of it, I think it will work just like Phantom Fox MS's Bunshin Core. Given that's legal in HMS, I think this idea would be fine. Just a piece of plastic and metal that flies around a bit, coming to a rest in or out of the stadium.

(May. 29, 2018  7:18 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Basically, same as Phantom Fox MS from the HMS rules:

That fallen piece of the Bunshin Core was deemed fine enough to leave, and I'm not seeing any reason yet to do different.

But we'll have to wait and see what happens, I guess. Not all the facts are on the table just yet.

(May. 16, 2018  4:36 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: This is Phantom Fox MS in action:

(Jun. 03, 2018  5:43 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have an idea. The outer layer could have metal on it, and when the layer flies of it would have a chance to hit the beys bet and burst it

Yes, if you read through the translated CoroCoro Comic, it seems to say something about that. See "Death-Defying #1".

I put it in here (Click to View)

I feel like the ring will hit the other beyblade fighting phoenix, making it lose stamina irregularly. in addition to that, if the opposing beyblade bursts the outer ring, it won't have enough stamina left to burst the real beyblade in the middle of it all and that essentially makes this equal to maximus garuda for pure burst protection. maybe the teeth will be weak, but that may not matter at all once the ring does it's job.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  4:56 PM)Akiya95 Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  1:30 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: How would it be too OP to beat?
You are aware if this thing’s gimmick right? Burst it and the ring on the outside pops off and it continues spinning like nobody cares

I'm aware of the ring. But it should be easy enough to knock it out of the stadium. It doesn't look like it'll cause a lot of trouble to other beys.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Suhasini - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  5:01 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  4:56 PM)Akiya95 Wrote: You are aware if this thing’s gimmick right? Burst it and the ring on the outside pops off and it continues spinning like nobody cares

I'm aware of the ring. But it should be easy enough to knock it out of the stadium. It doesn't look like it'll cause a lot of trouble to other beys.
I have to agree with this. The gimmick will be useless until and unless the beyblade has some real weight. Because all the discs of Cho-Z era are light and outclassed. So Light disc+ POM on friction driver will give an easy KO. So it really might not be such of a threat.

Ultimately, I think Revive Phoenix's gimmick doesn't seem overpowered just yet, though we'll have to see how it actually performs. If it ends up like Sr or mG, then there will be problems. But if not? Then there's no worries.

I see no sign yet of it being that overpowered though. But that's how I process the info we're seeing, and maybe I give a bit more benefit of the doubt.

(Jun. 04, 2018  4:56 PM)Akiya95 Wrote: You are aware if this thing’s gimmick right? Burst it and the ring on the outside pops off and it continues spinning like nobody cares
It looks like it works just like if you don't put a frame on correctly, with it coming loose and flying off--not a real burst. But until we see more details, can't be sure. But that seems to make the most sense right now.

Phantom Fox MS's Bunshin Core was legal for HMS. I think this will most likely be, too.

(Jun. 04, 2018  4:58 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: I feel like the ring will hit the other beyblade fighting phoenix, making it lose stamina irregularly. in addition to that, if the opposing beyblade bursts the outer ring, it won't have enough stamina left to burst the real beyblade in the middle of it all and that essentially makes this equal to maximus garuda for pure burst protection. maybe the teeth will be weak, but that may not matter at all once the ring does it's job.

We'll have to see how it plays out to be sure. I don't think it sounds very overpowered so far, as it seems to be just a piece flying off of it. In fact, it can backfire and hit itself, not too differently from Bunshin Core.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Limetka - Jun. 04, 2018

If what you are saying happens then it just works as intended. All gimmicks seem overpowered in theory, but when it comes to the real deal.. they kinda fall short.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Jinbee - Jun. 04, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  5:48 PM)Limetka Wrote: If what you are saying happens then it just works as intended. All gimmicks seem overpowered in theory, but when it comes to the real deal.. they kinda fall short.

Yeah, it could very well be like tW where the gimmick looks super strong in theory but it ends up performing rather mediorce.

On the other hand, Sr being made out to being the "ultimate" beyblade and well... yeah the layer certainly delivers on that no doubt.

(Jun. 04, 2018  6:47 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2018  5:48 PM)Limetka Wrote: If what you are saying happens then it just works as intended. All gimmicks seem overpowered in theory, but when it comes to the real deal.. they kinda fall short.

Yeah, it could very well be like tW where the gimmick looks super strong in theory but it ends up performing rather mediorce.

On the other hand, Sr being made out to being the "ultimate" beyblade and well... yeah the layer certainly delivers on that no doubt.

Exactly. We have absolutely no idea of what the performance is. It could be reasonable, it could be overpowered, but it could also be a fail altogether.

We just don't know. We have absolutely no data. But I think it's much to assume ban just because of how the gimmick functions in and of itself. Only if it makes the game unbalanced does it become a problem, as we saw with Sr (which essentially had 2 well-functioning gimmicks).

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Rebel Blader - Jun. 05, 2018

(Jun. 04, 2018  9:20 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Here's a nice shot of Friction from the side from the video, for anyone who didn't see it (or just for convenience):

[Image: kNVVwng.png]

(Jun. 04, 2018  9:04 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: The only thing annoying about rP layer is that the beak isnt the same colour as that of the phoenix and the phoenix the middle resembles a dragon more than a phoenix other than that the design is beautiful i hope hasbros fixes the issue of the beak colour once it releases rP. Anyways do we have any pics of rPs avatar?

Is the beak a different color? It looks the same to me.

I don't think it looks like a dragon and I think the coloring is fine, but to each their own. I like the kind of tribal firebird look it has.

I think I would've liked more of a tail, but I can see why that didn't fit in. I like how the wing design extends to the outer ring. I think that was a cool idea.

I meant to say that beak is of same colour but accidentally wrote it isnt basically what i am tryna say is that the beak should have been  of another colour

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Frostic Fox - Jun. 05, 2018

(Jun. 05, 2018  12:52 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I meant to say that beak is of same colour but accidentally wrote it isnt basically what i am tryna say is that the beak should have been  of another colour

Oh, gotcha. Well, can't say I agree, but you're free to think different.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Medave111 - Jun. 06, 2018

when is this relesed

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - BeyCrafter - Jun. 06, 2018

(Jun. 06, 2018  10:40 PM)Medave111 Wrote: when is this relesed

rP releases on July

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Medave111 - Jun. 06, 2018

(Jun. 06, 2018  10:50 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2018  10:40 PM)Medave111 Wrote: when is this relesed

rP releases on July
I mean what day is it released on

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - BeyCrafter - Jun. 06, 2018

(Jun. 06, 2018  11:03 PM)Medave111 Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2018  10:50 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: rP releases on July
I mean what day is it released on

I didn't remember what day it was. Checked the last page to find that out. I believe the CoroCoro video says it's releasing July 7. Don't quote me on that, however.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Jinbee - Jun. 07, 2018

Let's assume this layer happen to be useful for a competitive situation, knowing that there will inevitably be variations of the outer layer locks tightness, I wonder if that'll effect it in any way? At the same time I imagine extensive use would wear down the mechanism that locks the outer part in so it might not even matter. Would a looser outer part be better if it meant using the round small layer in most of the battle?

Just something I just thought of.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Grey Bey - Jun. 07, 2018

I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI71myorYTE&feature=youtu.be

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - KinkoUsagi - Jun. 07, 2018

The bronze and silver Z-Achilles are gorgeous! As usual, Revive Phoenix is just unbelievably nice (and super shiny!). It's so odd that they're basically ignoring Archer Hercules (who?) and skipping right to hyping this up.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Grey Bey - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 07, 2018  11:59 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: The bronze and silver Z-Achilles are gorgeous! As usual, Revive Phoenix is just unbelievably nice (and super shiny!). It's so odd that they're basically ignoring Archer Hercules (who?) and skipping right to hyping this up.

it's because the July and December starters are always important releases and super hyped,same happened with X2 (july release),hey did very little marketing to O2,and happened to lS (july release) too

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - sonyat - Jun. 08, 2018

(Jun. 07, 2018  11:59 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: The bronze and silver Z-Achilles are gorgeous! As usual, Revive Phoenix is just unbelievably nice (and super shiny!). It's so odd that they're basically ignoring Archer Hercules (who?) and skipping right to hyping this up.

I gotta agree with you on all points. Revive Phoenix is super beautiful and Friction looks like it has a lot of potential. Really hoping the gold rP isn't a highly limited run/lottery like the gold bL. But yeah, totally ignoring aH is very odd. We haven't even seen promotional material beyond the preview image that came with bL and the anime.

Ah, apologies, @[Grey Bey], I didn't see your reply. Thanks for the info, interesting to know!