World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+---- Forum: Approved Drafts (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Approved-Drafts)
+---- Thread: Energy Layer - Driger Slash (/Thread-Energy-Layer-Driger-Slash--76735)

Pages: 1 2

Energy Layer - Driger Slash - MonoDragon - May. 14, 2017

Quote:Driger Slash is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl .J.P on October 22th, 2016.

==Description==
The energy Layer Driger Slash is an adaptation of the Tiger Defenser Attack Ring and Driger Bit Chip from the original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall elliptical shape with two tiger heads with large wings that form the main points of contact and an image of the Bit Beast Driger in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the wings are slightly more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller, the wings no longer have Upper Attack slopes and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Driger Slash features four teeth, the first is medium in length, the next three are tall in length, so tall that there have been reports of the Layer "sticking" in between clicks.

While the elliptical shape and large wings of Driger Slash may imply heavy recoil and high levels of Burst attack, in reality the points of contact are actually compact due to their acute angle and thus reduce this Layer's recoil to below that of Valtryek' V2s. However, the recoil this Driger S does have means that it will lose stamina against Layers such as Neptrius and Wyvron making it ill-suited for stamina despite the large wings creating a Flywheel Effect by concentrating its weight on two points. Despite this, Driger Slash still performs well in defense combinations as its elliptical shape and acute contact points create hooks for the contact points of attack Layers such as Valtryek and Xcalius causing them to self Burst against Driger Slash's stronger Burst resistance *and can serve as a semi-successful counter against Doomscizor D2 by catching into Doomscizor D2's own compact blades.

*==Use in Defense Combinations==
Driger Slash can be put to use in the Defense Combination Driger Slash Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive Defense/Orbit. The aforementioned shape of the Layer's contact points catches those of the most commonly used Attack Type Layers such as Valtryek and Xcalius and causing the Attack Combinations to self Burst against Driger Slash's stronger Burst resistance. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive adds Knock-Out defense to compensate for the recoil Driger Slash has while its Burst resistance prevents the high Burst risk associated with heavy Disks. Using either Defense or Orbit will in turn further improve either the Knock-Out defense of the Disk or the Burst resistance of the Layer.

==Overall==
The low recoil of the compact blades makes Driger Slash ill-suited for attack purposes. While it can be used as a Burst attack counter, other, more common Energy Layers such as Neptrius and Wyvron have comparable success rates. *With Doomscizor D2 being banned in tournaments, the usefulness of Driger Slash' potential to counter it also drops. However, Driger Slash still has some of the strongest teeth in the game and thus some of the strongest Burst resistance. As such, this Layer is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl .J.P - Driger Slash Heavy Fusion (grey)
  • Driger S Heavy Fusion (Gold Ver.) (gold)
  • Beyblade Bar Exclusive Driger Slash (Clear Ver.) (clear)
  • CoroCoro Aniki Darkness Driger Slash Heavy Fusion (black)
==Hasbro==

*Not yet confirmed
Sources for Performance Information:
  • 1234Beyblade's battle videos with it against Valkyrie and Xcalibur (He did say his was worn from use in his Drain Fafnir unboxing so I feel like the Valkyrie battle at least may have been a bit skewed)
  • Blader Zyeyo's long list of combo testing videos with Stock Driger S and his one video with Driger S Gravity Xtreme against D2.S.R (unbalanced mold), N.H.O and V.H.X
  • Leo Burst's battles with Driger S Gravity Xtreme
  • The Beyblade wiki's article on the Tiger Defenser Attack Ring
I feel like this might be a tad bit touchy for some Driger S fans.
Here's why I feel like it's not top-tier nor a must have:
  • It's never in any winning tournament combos lists
  • The MANY videos done by Blader Zyeyo and Leo Burst, especially the latter who uses it a lot in Driger S Gravity Xtreme, has shown me it does not have a lot of Burst attack or recoil against defense types.
  • The original Tiger Defenser Attack Ring was used for defense combinations early in Plastics (defense is even in the name) and this Layer is 90% identical in shape to it.
  • Dark Deathscyther was recently banned so those who believe that Driger S can counter it can no longer say it's useful for that
  • It's rare as all [Censored]!
But still I'd like to have one, nostalgia has its appeal. [Censored] its rarity though.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - FIREFIRE CPB - May. 14, 2017

Tbh, rarity can't be reason of something not being Top-Tier. Despite SGMS costs 400$, it's weight disk is top-tier.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - MonoDragon - May. 14, 2017

(May. 14, 2017  7:08 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Tbh, rarity can't be reason of something not being Top-Tier. Despite SGMS costs 400$, it's weight disk is top-tier.

Very well, edited based on that fact.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Rebel Blader - Jun. 12, 2017

(May. 14, 2017  6:41 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:Driger Slash is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl .J.P on October 22th, 2016.

==Description==
The energy Layer Driger Slash is an adaptation of the Tiger Defenser Attack Ring and Driger Bit Chip from the original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall elliptical shape with two tiger heads with large wings that form the main points of contact and an image of the Bit Beast Driger in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the wings are slightly more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller, the wings no longer have Upper Attack slopes and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Driger Slash features four teeth, the first is medium in length, the next three are tall in length, so tall that there have been reports of the Layer "sticking" in between clicks.

While the elliptical shape and large wings of Driger Slash may imply heavy recoil and high levels of Burst attack, in reality the points of contact are actually compact due to their acute angle and thus reduce this Layer's recoil to below that of Valtryek' V2s. However, the recoil this Driger S does have means that it will lose stamina against Layers such as Neptrius and Wyvron making it ill-suited for stamina despite the large wings creating a Flywheel Effect by concentrating its weight on two points. Despite this, Driger Slash still performs well in defense combinations as its elliptical shape and acute contact points create hooks for the contact points of attack Layers such as Valtryek and Xcalius causing them to self Burst against Driger Slash's stronger Burst resistance *and can serve as a semi-successful counter against Doomscizor D2 by catching into Doomscizor D2's own compact blades.

*==Use in Defense Combinations==
Driger Slash can be put to use in the Defense Combination Driger Slash Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive Defense/Orbit. The aforementioned shape of the Layer's contact points catches those of the most commonly used Attack Type Layers such as Valtryek and Xcalius and causing the Attack Combinations to self Burst against Driger Slash's stronger Burst resistance. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2Glaive adds Knock-Out defense to compensate for the recoil Driger Slash has while its Burst resistance prevents the high Burst risk associated with heavy Disks. Using either Defense or Orbit will in turn further improve either the Knock-Out defense of the Disk or the Burst resistance of the Layer.

==Overall==
The low recoil of the compact blades makes Driger Slash ill-suited for attack purposes. While it can be used as a Burst attack counter, other, more common Energy Layers such as Neptrius and Wyvron have comparable success rates. *With Doomscizor D2 being banned in tournaments, the usefulness of Driger Slash' potential to counter it also drops. However, Driger Slash still has some of the strongest teeth in the game and thus some of the strongest Burst resistance. As such, this Layer is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl .J.P - Driger Slash Heavy Fusion (grey)
==Hasbro==

*Not yet confirmed
Sources for Performance Information:
  • 1234Beyblade's battle videos with it against Valkyrie and Xcalibur (He did say his was worn from use in his Drain Fafnir unboxing so I feel like the Valkyrie battle at least may have been a bit skewed)
  • Blader Zyeyo's long list of combo testing videos with Stock Driger S and his one video with Driger S Gravity Xtreme against D2.S.R (unbalanced mold), N.H.O and V.H.X
  • Leo Burst's battles with Driger S Gravity Xtreme
  • The Beyblade wiki's article on the Tiger Defenser Attack Ring
I feel like this might be a tad bit touchy for some Driger S fans.
Here's why I feel like it's not top-tier nor a must have:
  • It's never in any winning tournament combos lists
  • The MANY videos done by Blader Zyeyo and Leo Burst, especially the latter who uses it a lot in Driger S Gravity Xtreme, has shown me it does not have a lot of Burst attack or recoil against defense types.
  • The original Tiger Defenser Attack Ring was used for defense combinations early in Plastics (defense is even in the name) and this Layer is 90% identical in shape to it.
  • Dark Deathscyther was recently banned so those who believe that Driger S can counter it can no longer say it's useful for that
  • It's rare as all [Censored]!
But still I'd like to have one, nostalgia has its appeal. [Censored] its rarity though.

u sure Driger S G X isnt good for attack. I mean it has been mentioned in tournament winning combos and is on the competitive combo list.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - MonoDragon - Jun. 12, 2017

(Jun. 12, 2017  7:58 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: u sure Driger S G X isnt good for attack. I mean it has been mentioned in tournament winning combos and is on the competitive combo list.

Compared to Valkyrie or Xcalibur, its attack is sub par

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Rebel Blader - Jun. 13, 2017

(Jun. 12, 2017  11:59 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:58 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: u sure Driger S G X isnt good for attack. I mean it has been mentioned in tournament winning combos and is on the competitive combo list.

Compared to Valkyrie or Xcalibur, its attack is sub par

well compared to them even V2 is sub par i think u should not say that something is bad in attack if its potential is less than valkryie and xcalibur cuz those are the best.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Suzaku-X - Jun. 13, 2017

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:16 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:59 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Compared to Valkyrie or Xcalibur, its attack is sub par

well compared to them even V2 is sub par i think u should not say that something is bad in attack if its potential is less than valkryie and xcalibur cuz those are the best.

Driger S does not really have a conducive shape for attack anyways. 90% of it is like rounded.

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:18 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:16 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: well compared to them even V2 is sub par i think u should not say that something is bad in attack if its potential is less than valkryie and xcalibur cuz those are the best.

Driger S does not really have a conducive shape for attack anyways. 90% of it is like rounded.

i know that but it has like two sharp contact points like L2 the only thing which is confusing me is that if driger S G X is bad then why is it mentioned in tournament winning combos and competitve combo list.

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:22 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:18 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Driger S does not really have a conducive shape for attack anyways. 90% of it is like rounded.

i know that but it has like two sharp contact points like L2 the only thing which is confusing me is that if driger S G X is bad then why is it mentioned in tournament winning combos and competitve combo list.

Yeah, but they're only going to connect like 20% of the time. TBH, Driger CAN be used in attack, but it is about as inconsistent as using say, M2.

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:25 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:22 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i know that but it has like two sharp contact points like L2 the only thing which is confusing me is that if driger S G X is bad then why is it mentioned in tournament winning combos and competitve combo list.

Yeah, but they're only going to connect like 20% of the time. TBH, Driger CAN be used in attack, but it is about as inconsistent as using say, M2.

oh ok then i think it should be removed from the competitive combo  list.Do u agree?

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:37 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:25 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Yeah, but they're only going to connect like 20% of the time. TBH, Driger CAN be used in attack, but it is about as inconsistent as using say, M2.

oh ok then i think it should be removed from the competitive combo  list.Do u agree?

It should at least only stay on Defense or Revolve.

(Jun. 13, 2017  1:39 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:37 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: oh ok then i think it should be removed from the competitive combo  list.Do u agree?

It should at least only stay on Defense or Revolve.
Dunno about how it will do on revolve but i can definately agree with defense and orbit.and if its good on orbit maybe it will also be good with atomic tho i am not sure.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Yblader1 - Jun. 13, 2017

It could possibly work with revolve and spread I think. The balance problem on revolve wouldn't be much of a problem as driger slash has some good balance as a layer and spread as a disk is also pretty balanced.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - MonoDragon - Jun. 17, 2017

Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Rebel Blader - Jun. 17, 2017

Driger S weighs 7 grams mention that in the draft

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - TL14 - Jun. 17, 2017

Xcalibur is pretty much outclassed these days. I tested it a lot with Titanic/Jormungand852 after work a bit over a weak ago and it didn't do that well. Maybe it's because I used my gold one but I think that's not the problem because the gold is only paint on a clear layer. From my testing Beast Behemoth is as good or maybe even better than Driger Slash. I own both of them and played a lot with them. Also most people exaggerate with Driger having beastly teeth which isn't the case. It has exactly the same teeth as Victory Valkyrie.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Rebel Blader - Jun. 18, 2017

(Jun. 17, 2017  10:40 PM)TL14 Wrote: Xcalibur is pretty much outclassed these days. I tested it a lot with Titanic/Jormungand852 after work a bit over a weak ago and it didn't do that well. Maybe it's because I used my gold one but I think that's not the problem because the gold is only paint on a clear layer. From my testing Beast Behemoth is as good or maybe even better than Driger Slash. I own both of them and played a lot with them. Also most people exaggerate with Driger having beastly teeth which isn't the case. It has exactly the same teeth as Victory Valkyrie.

maybe u should try again with the original one just to be sure. Altho i dont own any beyblades i have seen gold layers like gold dragoon s have teeth made of clear plastic which make them easier to skip but i must say my knowledge is only limited to drafts, disscusions and YT.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - MonoDragon - Jan. 30, 2018

(May. 14, 2017  6:41 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Driger Slash is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl .J.P on October 22th, 2016.

==Description==

While the elliptical shape and large wings of Driger Slash may imply heavy recoil and high levels of Burst attack, in reality the points of contact are actually compact due to their acute angle and thus reduce this Layer's recoil to below that of Valtryek' V2s. Furthermore, the Burst resistance of its teeth is mitigated by the Layer's light weight caused by its hollow construction. While Driger Slash can have some potential in Anti-Attack combinations against Valtryek and Xcalius by catching their points of contact and Bursting them against its own Burst resistance, with the release of the heavier Switch-Strike/God Layer System, this niche use is no longer viable.

==Overall==
While Driger Slash's strong teeth made it the most viable of the four original re-releases, it still has the same problem of light weight from its hollow design. Furthermore, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, this flaw has become crippling. As such, Driger Slash is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

I'd like to have one, nostalgia has its appeal. [Censored] its rarity though.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Bersilus - Jan. 30, 2018

Just wanted to point out this is quite strong pre-god layer

Several winners from g4,g3,g2 using this layer.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Maximum beys - Jan. 30, 2018

Not to be rude but I just wanna ask but when is the Dranzer flame article going to come around?

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Rebel Blader - Jan. 30, 2018

(Jan. 30, 2018  12:34 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Not to be rude but I  just wanna ask but when is the Dranzer flame article going to come around?
It will come when someone tests dranzer f

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - MonoDragon - Jan. 30, 2018

(Jan. 30, 2018  8:42 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2018  12:34 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Not to be rude but I  just wanna ask but when is the Dranzer flame article going to come around?
It will come when someone tests dranzer f

I can make something already with it. Its construction is exactly the same as the other remasters, completely hollow and it doesn't seem to have any better teeth either

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Beyblader101_ - Mar. 15, 2018

it has one of the highest raw stamina in the dual layer, only second to deathscyther (dark deathschyther keeps on bursting when driger and d2 is battling). i won 2 G3 tournaments with Driger S Spread Orbit.

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Rebel Blader - May. 08, 2018

(Mar. 15, 2018  5:46 AM)@ya.dama Wrote: it has one of the highest raw stamina in the dual layer, only second to deathscyther (dark deathschyther keeps on bursting when driger and d2 is battling). i won 2 G3 tournaments with Driger S Spread Orbit.

Are u sure about that becuz imo  deathscyther,odin, neptune,  wyvern had better stamina than driger s

RE: Energy Layer - Driger Slash - Beyblader101_ - May. 09, 2018

(May. 08, 2018  3:59 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Are u sure about that becuz imo  deathscyther,odin, neptune,  wyvern had better stamina than driger s

this was before gods were released, and i remembered facing d1 polish orbit and i won by outspinning by alot (3-0) (both of us were using thr green speed launcher too). so far i won 3 g3 tournaments in singapore was too powerful so i gave my driger slash to my friend to avoid abusing the power i had haha