World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-66 Starter Lost Longinus.N.Sp (left-spin & metal included!) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-66 Starter Lost Longinus.N.Sp (left-spin & metal included!) (/Thread-Product-B-66-Starter-Lost-Longinus-N-Sp-left-spin-metal-included)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Hato - Nov. 11, 2016

L2 looks pretty crazy. With how exposed the dragon heads are and the metallic look, seems likely that it will be metal. I am surprised that they are putting metal on a Layer, but, we can only hope it's good and we don't get hit in the face, haha.

From one of the images, it looks like the Disk is literally a saw-like part (blue colour), I would guess made of Plastic.

Thank you for sharing, Kai-V Smile

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - ToxicAtom - Nov. 11, 2016

As skeptical as most of us were, it does indeed seem that layers containing metal are the way of the future.

Also, a left-spin defense type starter? Is this a first for Beyblade? I certainly don't remember any left-spin beys that were explicitly marketed as Defense other than L-Drago Guardian, but that was more or less just a less agressive L-Drago Destroy.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Bey Brad - Nov. 11, 2016

(Nov. 11, 2016  4:33 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: As skeptical as most of us were, it does indeed seem that layers containing metal are the way of the future.

Sure, but these are small metal details that don't make contact, which I don't think is what most people meant when they discussed the possibility. It's more equivalent to the impact of a Metal Face or something. Except sadly uncustomizable.

I do hope TT will find a way to include some kinds of "modification" parts like that in the future.

Quote:Also, a left-spin defense type starter? Is this a first for Beyblade?

Yup!

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - UGottaCetus - Nov. 11, 2016

Well, this is gonna break the meta. I hereby call it.

Anyway, it looks amazing and is basically a must buy for the Left spin launcher so yea....

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Jinbee - Nov. 11, 2016

I'm hoping the metal isn't too heavy and just to sell the beyblade by the idea alone.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Kai-V - Nov. 11, 2016

(Nov. 11, 2016  4:54 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I'm hoping the metal isn't too heavy and just to sell the beyblade by the idea alone.

Considering Xeno Xcalibur, it is probably just a layer, like gold-plated items hah. There have been so many breaks in Burst that I cannot imagine big metallic pieces being well incorporated among that plastic. The tips of the dragons' mane actually protrude on the circumference, so it would be a bad idea if they were fully separate parts that would just break off like the rest.

Thank you to you, FIREFIRE CPB and Hato, by the way.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - cosmicstriker - Nov. 11, 2016

I highly doubt this will be a defense type tbh. It literally has the most offensive design in the burst series by far.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Bey Brad - Nov. 11, 2016

(Nov. 11, 2016  5:55 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: I highly doubt this will be a defense type tbh. It literally has the most offensive design in the burst series by far.

Its spikes are mostly facing the wrong way for smash attack in left spin. There are two arrow-shaped projections that could do some damage though.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Angry Face - Nov. 11, 2016

Since there doesn't seem to be any other colored plastic beneath L2's Over Layer, and if those silver heads are indeed metal, could we be in store for metal teeth...? They'd have to be pretty dull for the most part, but that wouldn't be too far of a stretch for a potential Defense type release.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - BeyGabe - Nov. 11, 2016

This is a DEFENSE TYPE???!!
That's literally like saying xcalibur is a stamina bey.
Either way, this bey is frickin INSANE! I am DEFINITELY picking this up when it comes out.
Many thanks for the news, Kai-V

I remember an initial rumor saying it could be a Defense-type. Don't take it as confirmation. But it doesn't look that aggressive to me.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Jinbee - Nov. 11, 2016

It makes sense if it is defense, as the metal could be used for weight, something defense layers theoretically need. Although like a lot of people say, the layer design is really aggressive, even more so than I2 and V2!

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - LOL-y Rancher - Nov. 11, 2016

Lost Longinus looks brilliant! I love the way the Layer looks (although I doubt it's a that it's a Defense Type TBH because the design looks too aggressive). I can't wait for this one.

Thanks @[Kai-V]

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - FIREFIRE CPB - Nov. 11, 2016

(Nov. 11, 2016  7:04 PM)BeyGabe Wrote: This is a DEFENSE TYPE???!!
That's literally like saying xcalibur is a stamina bey.
Either way, this bey is frickin INSANE! I am DEFINITELY picking this up when it comes out.
Many thanks for the news, Kai-V

Gargoyle was stamina type, Bakushin is attack type, variares is defence type, Flash is also stamina type lol

It doesnt matter what they say. Its mostly gonna to be inaccurate (just like those 'star for attack, defence ans stamina). For example. Wyvang is a defence type but does excellent as attack (P.S. It still does very well as Defence lol)

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - TL14 - Nov. 11, 2016

Thank you Kai-V. Smile I'm really looking forward to this release. L2 looks amazing and if it's a Defense Type it would be even better in my opinion. Grin

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - BeybladeFanOff - Nov. 11, 2016

[Image: Burst_B66_Starter.jpg]

BeyBrad, I was right. :-/

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - juncction - Nov. 11, 2016

Quote:Lost Longinus is indeed left-spin and I think that the dragon heads inside the Dual Layer are perhaps indeed made of metal because they clearly used "metaru" this time and the heads are sticking out looking shiny and metallic compared to the necks which are clearly plasticky. This would indeed add weight and metal without causing too much damage if the part is sent exploding after a Burst.

It could be metallic paint, but I was assuming for a while that they would eventually have a transition to metal-under-plastic burst beys.

In terms of damage, I would hope that the weight would reduce some of that lift upwards but being on top I can see it still doing some damage as I've had disks fly to my face before. In the next gen I hope they release an additional mechanism that would prevent it from flying so crazy.

(Nov. 11, 2016  9:24 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: [Image: Burst_B66_Starter.jpg]

BeyBrad, I was right. :-/

I never said you were wrong when you originally posted this image, I just asked for confirmation. I've been saying this release was likely Lost Longinus since September.

(Nov. 11, 2016  9:36 PM)juncction Wrote:
Quote:Lost Longinus is indeed left-spin and I think that the dragon heads inside the Dual Layer are perhaps indeed made of metal because they clearly used "metaru" this time and the heads are sticking out looking shiny and metallic compared to the necks which are clearly plasticky. This would indeed add weight and metal without causing too much damage if the part is sent exploding after a Burst.

It could be metallic paint, but I was assuming for a while that they would eventually have a transition to metal-under-plastic burst beys.

I would be surprised if they used the word "metal" without actually including metal. Welcome back, by the way!

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - BeybladeFanOff - Nov. 11, 2016

I have a question : why change the Burst System ? It's just so cool and now I think that Beyblade will be definitely gone... :-/

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Hato - Nov. 11, 2016

(Nov. 11, 2016  9:39 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: I have a question : why change the Burst System ? It's just so cool and now I think that Beyblade will be definitely gone... :-/

How did it change..? They added metal, which if it is there could be a bit more dangerous, yes, but I don't see how the potential change is bad.

Let's hope this Metal Dragon does actually have metal, haha.

The metal shown would definitely not be dangerous.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - MissingNo. - Nov. 11, 2016

Not dangerous, but there is nothing that can guarantee us that it's not going to break after a few battles.

I am really looking forward to try it, but like every other releases, I'll wait before buying it. I really can't trust Takara Tomy anymore.

Thanks for the news, Kai-V.

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - Bladerguy2 - Nov. 11, 2016

Well im suprised most of our speculation came true. Also. This looks like a beast

RE: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus (left-spin & metal included!) - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Nov. 11, 2016

Thank you for those amazing pictures @[Kai-V] L2 amazing and hopefully it becomes a layer worthy to be "top tier"

Looking at the placement of those screws, it seems like they are right on the contact points.. If the screw syndrome holds up, I wouldn't be surprised if they broke.