World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+---- Thread: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! (/Thread-Celebrations-WBO-Anniversary)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Primal - Jan. 05, 2013

If they were to be hidden in threads, I would agree on putting them in spoilers. However, I think putting them on the first or last page would be the best, seeing as threads like Build me a combo and Random thoughts are pretty huge. Smile

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Synth - Jan. 05, 2013

Uwik, I think that was Kai-V's point for NOT doing them.

My only suggestion for the hunt is to widen the search: From the Beychannel to the Beywiki. I also think Clues should be given out, and use BDJ, or make a dummy, to edit the CSS coding than Kai-V herself, just to avoid some speedy answers. I also think it'll be funny to have it microscopic on the banner, or any Graphic: They'll take a lot more time to find XD

The contest... I think it should have the same duration as the vent. for example, it should have ended today than a few weeks back. It could have given more points to others who were out of time during the contest

Oh, and more Faceboosters! haha

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Kujikato - Jan. 05, 2013

Yeah, on the first/last page of threads in the Beyblade General/Customizations Forum.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Janstarblast - Jan. 05, 2013

(Jan. 05, 2013  3:17 PM)Uwik Wrote: It seems like the Face Hunt is considered the most fun unanimously. Is there any improvement you guys could suggest? Make it harder to find? If it was up to me, I'd bury them in threads, spoilered. Now, that would take ages to find... Wink

SIR, PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!!!

That would be nice, but that would probably KILL us! XD
Hiding it in threads is certainly the best way to hide it, but apart from the fact that it would be tough to find- it would be very annoying if it was hidden in threads we didn't even know! Then again, as it was usually Kai-V hiding it, we'd just look for all posts by her in recent times, and also look for any posts edited my her. That would make it easier to find, but still the "race" would make it interesting! Wink

As for suggestions-
This would probably suck, but bring down the occasions of cheating-
Only one PM can be sent to Kai-V regarding the answers to the Scavenger Hunt. In that, one can enter all the possible answers (counting as multiple attempts), and if Kai-V finds the answer she's looking for, its awesome! One can then set a limit to the attempts here, so that she doesn't receive PMs with 100 possible answers. Kai-V mustn't declare though, whether the person got the answers correct or not- as it is, he would have no more attempts left to himself, so he wouldn't care to know- so that the answers cannot be shared. She can maintain the leaderboard on Word or Google Docs, in association with all other CMs. This would give no hint to the participants if they got the answers correct or not. Or if its extremely necessary to declare that a person got the answers correct, Kai-V shall not mention which answer was correct(most people would certainly go for multiple attempts to a question just in case to ensure that they get the right answers; there would be very few who'd PM just one attempt). Thus the occurrence of cheating can be ruled out completely! Grin
The leaderboard can then be cross-checked, and announced towards the end!

This suggestion would probably receive too many brickbats, because of the fact that it is quite inconvenient for the CMs (personally maintaining a leaderboard), and there are just a limited number of attempts that can be sent.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - sarabscientist - Jan. 05, 2013

(Jan. 05, 2013  3:17 PM)Uwik Wrote: It seems like the Face Hunt is considered the most fun unanimously. Is there any improvement you guys could suggest? Make it harder to find? If it was up to me, I'd bury them in threads, spoilered. Now, that would take ages to find... Wink

It'd be easier if they were hidden in threads. Because technically you could search the forum for the image url of that face. Ex: "djface.jpg". Lulz.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Janstarblast - Jan. 05, 2013

(Jan. 05, 2013  3:46 PM)Insomniac. Wrote:

It'd be easier if they were hidden in threads. Because technically you could search the forum for the image url of that face. Ex: "djface.jpg". Lulz.

That actually works?! I never thought it really would, but well...

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - sarabscientist - Jan. 05, 2013

(Jan. 05, 2013  3:50 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

That actually works?! I never thought it really would, but well...

Well technically it should. As the search function can search formatted text and the url should be a search able thing as it is just text without the [url] tags (even so, search results come up unformated). The ones that were hidden in this hunt were hidden on un-searchable pages. The forum threads are searchable however.

Of course you could change the url of the hidden face.

Well idk Tongue_out

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Rush - Jan. 05, 2013

Well, the celebrations are finally over. Great job to everyone who participated!

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Ga' - Jan. 05, 2013

Phew. Well this was very fun, great job Kai-V and the rest of the Committee!
It's a shame that my scanner broke when I was trying to upload my design contest entry and that my family refused to play Beyblade with me for a photo op, but oh well.

Fact hunting was fun, even though the precursor and mods were damn difficult to find. Everything else was easy to fair haha. I managed to get some friends to join as well, and really got to show my appreciation for the WBO in the video. (If anyone wants to know what I look/sound like irl just watch it)

Hopefully there will be another one next year, and I think I grinded enough last minute points to get a Samurai Pegasis at least considering how dedicated some of the other people here were to the Hunt! (22)

Once again, thank you Committee and happy anniversary to the WBO!

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - xSora10 - Jan. 05, 2013

The Face Hunt was definitely fun. It's a shame I came in quite late for the celebrations, and I wasn't able to find a bunch of facts. I found enough for a face booster and also the anniversary face, so I'm reasonably satisfied. 6 points! I sure hope next year will be just like this as well! And I'll definitely participate more.

I'm glad to be part of such an amazing community, and once again, happy anniversary, World Beyblade Organization!

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Tri - Jan. 05, 2013

This sure was fun. I'm glad I could even participate in this. 8 points is pretty good, I had to get Face Booster Vivid! It's cool I'll get two more faces.

Thanks to everyone on the committee for organizing this wonderful celebration. I bet five yets will be even bigger!

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Dual - Jan. 05, 2013

As everyone has been saying, this was really fun! I learned about the beyblade sites that came before the wbo (though I didn't get the precursor question XD), my aunt from California loved doing the picture thing, and I'll hopefully be getting 3 new faces! Thank you to everyone who helped make this anniversary so fun! Congratulations to the winners and happy birthday wbo!

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Kei - Jan. 05, 2013

You're right, although it still would be slightly difficult if we hid a Face that had been awarded multiple times in the past, since you'd have to check both the forums, and the numerous threads the search results would provide.

Or, we could just change the file name lol.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Kujikato - Jan. 06, 2013

But we could just search the file type then.. It would take a while, considering so many people have faces, but a random name would stick out like a sore thumb.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Synth - Jan. 06, 2013

wait, because it's already the 5th, don't you think it's time to spend the points? o.O

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Kai-V - Jan. 06, 2013

(Jan. 06, 2013  4:30 AM)Synth Wrote: wait, because it's already the 5th, don't you think it's time to spend the points? o.O

No, of course the final results must be posted first, and they are not ready yet, as I have mentioned a few times already.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - zeneo - Jan. 06, 2013

Aww man!
I hurried to open this thread when i saw Kai-V's post.thought the leaderboard came up
*did the same thing when Kei posted*

by the way,we have to PM Kai-V for the faces we want,right?

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Kai-V - Jan. 06, 2013

(Jan. 06, 2013  5:41 AM)zeneo Wrote: by the way,we have to PM Kai-V for the faces we want,right?

No, this is my break now ... You wait until the final results are posted, and then people will post their choices of Face Boosters in this topic, or in the new thread if we decide to post the results in an entirely new topic.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Insane - Jan. 06, 2013

Its almost time!!! I have 10 points and know I'm not getting anything, but I'm certainly getting faces.

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - zeneo - Jan. 06, 2013

finally a break for you Kai-V.,!
I've already decided what faces i'll take from the scavenger hunt!
hopefully i won a physical prize
the scavenger hunt would've been more tough if the scavenger points were to be counted as credits(I know,I know,completely impossible,just think about it)

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Kei - Jan. 06, 2013

(Jan. 06, 2013  4:24 AM)Kujikato Wrote: But we could just search the file type then.. It would take a while, considering so many people have faces, but a random name would stick out like a sore thumb.

True, but rather than a random name, we'd probably give it the name of another Face so that it doesn't stick out like that.

Ah, that would just be outrageously hard... AND FUN!

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Janstarblast - Jan. 06, 2013

And that is where my plan of tracking the V's posts and activities would be the best way?
Or we could look for posts edited by Kai V...
:p

That can hide their edits... I think.

But still, you can edit them via another account...

RE: Celebrations: WBO Anniversary! - Janstarblast - Jan. 06, 2013

Ugh! Too many possibilities... Confused
I give up, haha! The committee is too smart, really..
The best part to hide a Face would be the Who Posted? Page of any thread. Those are huge pages and proudly can't be searched(?)...