World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH (/Thread-NBA-Basketball-LOCKOUT-FINALLY-OVAH)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jan. 05, 2012

But the wins are too close for comfort. They frankly could have blown out the Pistons with an offense-based scheme, but the Bulls haven't made the switch. Maybe I'm being harsh, but that's 80's ball. I love the Bulls. I stuck with them in the 12-win years. But now defense doesn't win championships. They've got to hit 110-120 at least 3 times to prove that they can hang with OKC, Miami, or New York in offensice play.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 05, 2012

But hey, 16 points is a fairly good margin of win...

Other than that, I saw last night:
-Heat demolishing the Pacers by 35. (Boo LeBron...)
-76ers beat the Paul-less Hornets.
-Memphis beat Minnesota (By 4? To the team who got last place power ranked last year? *grim look*)
-Spurs by 6 over Warriors. (That's right...)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jan. 06, 2012

Minnesota beat Dallas. The Minnesota Ricky Rubios could be dangerous, as they even gave OKC a run for 3 1/2 quarters. Again, Ricky Rubio's pulling one of the best assist-based seasons I've seen from a rookie. Also: Portland easily beat the Lakers. Old/done for? Yeah.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 06, 2012

Friday:
-The Pistons are Playing the 76ers tonight.
-Celtics are facing 4-2 Pacers.
-Nuggets get the Hornets.
-Cavs get the TimberWolves.
-Bulls are facing the Magic...
-Thunder get the Rockets.
-Memphis is in Utah.
-A possibility of the Lakers losing to the 2-4 Warriors.
-Despite Roy retired, T-Blazers are 5-1 and going to Phoenix...

A lot to watch tonight for me...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - roux - Jan. 07, 2012

hi ya
I'm a big fan of bulls

wtching the match against magic
showed that dwight is cheated by stan van gundy in my pt of view
ppl still stood out of three point line
and waited for dwight, it's bad for sure

and rose, hurting himself again
deng is also suffering from his fingers now
damn

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 07, 2012

Philly Destroyed Detroit. Boston lost (can't be mad this time...), Denver got New Orleans. Memphis falls to Utah. I'm still shocked to see Phoenix get a 102-77 win over Portland. Just crazy.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jan. 11, 2012

I've nothing to complain about. The Bulls are winning, Ricky Rubio's doing great, and OKC is being OKC. GS is beating the Heat, and the Clippers are losing. Phoenix is actually giving LA a good run, which is a surprise.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 11, 2012

So here's what happened Tuesday:
-76ers went 7-2
-Wizard got their first win against...Toronto.
-Rockets won over Charlotte....
-Bucks beat the Spurs by 3 (dang...)
-'Blazer's continue to 7-2. They're fine without Roy...
-And the Heat lost to the Warriors (LOLOLOLOL YEAH.)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - dragonbooster - Apr. 29, 2012

Playoffs started today here's what happened

Bulls took game 1 but D-Rose is out for the rest of the playoffs

Durant hits game winner With 1.5 seconds left to lift OKC over the Mavs

Miami rip Knicks 100-67

Magic score final 11 points to rally past pacers

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - May. 02, 2012

Bah. The playoffs in the West would look much different if Rubio had not been hurt. They were playing well with Rubio.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - May. 04, 2012

Right now, here's who I want to move on:
-Chicago
-NYK (they can make a comeback. I hate the Heat...)
-Indiana (doing surprisingly well. Would like to see em take down Orlando...)
-Boston (obviously, my favorite team)

As for the other region:
-Spurs (go Duncan)
-Dallas (down 2-0, but only lost by 1 and 3 points. They can do this. I don't want OKC this one...)
-Denver (they can do something here. Possibility. Also I hate LAL...)
-LAC (ugh, I hate both of them. Minus well take the one Paul's on. Even though I hate Griffin, Memphis doesn't interest me...)

Just hope it happens. This would be my dream 2nd round...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Oct. 30, 2013

I'm gonna necro this, cause I want to see what other people on the site think of the NBA.

NBA has started, and...
Lakers beat the Clips 116-103. BOOM.
Heat beat the Bulls 107-95. Rose was shut down, sadly.
Pacers beat the Magic 97 - 87. Paul George was looking great, and Victor Oladipo had a solid debut.

So let's start the discussion~

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Oct. 30, 2013

The only guy that was able to get going for Chicago was Carlos Boozer. 31 in the opening is awesome, but Rose, as Kuji said, was shut down. One guy I wanna see kick it up a notch? Mike Dunleavy. 10 this game with 2 for 2 at the line. I was looking forward to him, but he kinda disappointed me.

As for the Heat, it's no surprise the team predicted to three-peat beat them. I mean, even though James, Wade, nor Bosh had stellar games, they added up. Nice to see Allen get 11. Same for Battier getting 14, but if Miami wants my approval this season, they need guys like Birdman and Haslem to grab my attention, instead of being all big 3.

I like seeing Indiana do good now, but Orlando kept me interested. Nicholson made a good contribution of 18. I think, however, that my player to watch is Jameer Nelson. He only got 14 this game, but with Howard gone, Orlando needs a new star, and I think Nelson's got it. Meanwhile, Paul George, really stepping it up for Indiana, looking like a championship contender already. Really liking Stephenson too, but I'm surprised Hibbert didn't do as hot as I predicted. Oh well, whatever you do Indy, keep it up.

Lastly, That was no shock from the Lakers that their bench did fine without Bryant. That should be a sign. It wasn't Blake or Nash that topped the charts. It was Xavier Henry. Also nice to see Pau and Farmar up there. However, out of em all, Imma watch Wesley Johnson. I wanna see how he does.

On the other end of the LA spectrum, the Clippers kinda bombed. Even though Paul and Griffin shined, they couldn't get it done. Maybe if Ryan Hollins scored a bit, or maybe if J.J. Redick contributed a bit more...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the now aged Brooklyn Nets against the struggling Cavs. Brooklyn's addition of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett can either prove to be a great success or a terrible failure. Either way, Deron Williams and Brook Lopez need to make some contributions. The Cavs, on the other hand, need to rely on the young Kyrie Irving and the only well-known Cavalier left, Anderson Verajao, to make their points count. That's gonna be the game for me to watch. My prediction? 91-68 in favor of Brooklyn.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - LMAO - Oct. 30, 2013

OMG I NEVER KNEW THIS THREAD EXISTED!

I always hated the Heat, even before LeBron came there. It really was no surprise that they won last night, Derrick Rose hasn't gotten back to his old shape yet, but once he does, the NBA better watch out for the Bulls.

My favourite player is Rajon Rondo, I just love how he plays, he inspires to me toplay basketball.

I'm actually going to the Raptors game tonight, really excited!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Oct. 30, 2013

My favorite is Lebron James. King. James FTW!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Oct. 31, 2013

@Def, Lakers seem to be off-on though. We lost badly to GSW.
I can't wait for Rose to get kicking again.
Spurs are looking alright, I'm still kinda sad about the Finals, it must be hard on them.

Oh, and Philly TORCHED the Heat. Boy, MCW did amazing. Near Quad-Double in his DEBUT GAME. Holy moley.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Oct. 31, 2013

(Oct. 31, 2013  12:12 PM)Kujikato Wrote: @Def, Lakers seem to be off-on though. We lost badly to GSW.
I can't wait for Rose to get kicking again.
Spurs are looking alright, I'm still kinda sad about the Finals, it must be hard on them.

Oh, and Philly TORCHED the Heat. Boy, MCW did amazing. Near Quad-Double in his DEBUT GAME. Holy moley.

I am still in surprise about Philly beating Miami. Foxsports said that they were the worst team in the power rankings. They sure showed them wrong. Gotta say it was close, though. I liked Carter-Williams. That rookie really proved himself with 22pts. Nice of Evan Turner with is 26, too. They did a lot better than I expected when it came to Allen and Bosh. I was expecting 50+ with those two....

Now, Imma go over each game:

Brooklyn VS Cleveland:
Kinda disappointed that Brooklyn lost, but only by 4. Pierce and Lopez had a good game, but Tristan Thompson kept on their pace, getting to more players...

Detroit VS Washington:
The Pistons won, too. Monroe was good that game, but Ariza really threatened. So did Kentucky sensation John Wall. Josh Smith and Will Bynum did well, too. 19 for both of em.

Boston VS Toronto:
Jeff Green and Brandon Bass kept Boston in it. Rudy Gay did better, though. Nothing much else to say...

Milwaukee VS New York:
Kinda sad that the best player had 16 points and he was really the only one rolling. Big vet Anthony and Raymond Felton had a goodtime out there. Same with Iman Shumpert. Combined 53 for those guys.

Orlando VS Minnesota:
Affallo and Vucevic really pushed Orlando ahead. They played like they did with Howard there. Surprised that last year's worst team in the power rankings had an attitude change. Lovin' Love, he and his 31 points. Kevin Martin did good, too. 7 Players with 10+ points really jumps ya up there.

Charlotte VS Houston:
11,12,13,14,15. Looks cool guys, but it didn't win for ya. Here's a number; 21. THat's how many points James Harden got for your opponent. 19. That's how many Garcia got. Finally, 17. That's from one man, Superman. Dwight Howard putting up 17 in the first game of the season is a good sign of consistency for Houston...

Indiana VS New Orleans:
The Hornets-- I mean, Pelicans, Had Eric Gordon, Jrue Holliday, and Anthony Davis give them great games. 69 points for them, but only 21 for the rest of the 7 players that scored. The Pacers got the scoring for more people. They got one man, Paul George, to score the 3rd most points out of everybody that night, 32 Points. They also got George Hill and Lance Stephenson going too. Still worried that they didn't get Hibbert going...

Memphis VS San Antonio:
Okay, Temp, I'll admit it, Memphis is doing better, but they still couldn't beat San Antonio. It was too even for me to say anything about this, aside from Tony Allen getting 15 for Memphis, and Boris Diaw getting 14 for San Antonio. Pretty boring...

Dallas VS Atlanta:
The 2010-11 champs played hard and gave the ball to Monta Ellis. Dirk and Vince backed him up with stellar scores of 24 and 21, respectively. I wanna see some more from Dalembert, though. Had Atlanta got Teague and Millsap to rev up a bit more, and maybe get Brand to score a bit more. It coulda gone the other way...

Oklahoma City VS Utah:
Durant put up the most points for the night with 42. That's nice. now, had they got Reggie Jackson the ball more, this game woulda been a bit more open. 6 Players on Utah contributed more than 10 points, including 24 from Alec Burks. Enes Kanter really produced when it came to rebounds, and it gave him a double-double (14 pts, 10 boards). THose boards from Kanter kept Utah to a 3-pt deficit. If OKC needs to get more points. Try giving it to Collison inside...

Denver VS Sacramento:
One more basket, JaVale McGee, and we woulda had the first OT of the year. DeMarcus Cousins put up 30 pts. And Isaiah Thomas did good, too. No, not Isaiah, I mean Isaiah. 16 points ain't bad...

Portland VS Phoenix:
Lillard and Aldridge combined for 60 points, but I'm shocked Mo didn't score too much. They tried, but Dragic and Bledsoe held em off with 26 and 22, respectively.

LAL VS Golden State:
This was the game of the day, and it was...worrying, to say the least. It was the biggest deficit so far (31 points), and the numbers that were put up last night vanished. Where did Henry's 20+ go. And what about Pau and Farmar? They must've got sared and the 38 points put up by the Warrior's Klay Thompson. On top of that, David Lee contributed 24 to the conversation...

Now tomorrow, the Knicks, coming off of a win, go into Chicago to face Rose and the Bulls. Can Chicago rely on Rose alone, or will they have to use guys like Boozer, Noah, and Hinrich once again? 99-93 in favor of NY. And then we got Thompson and the Warriors facing Griffin in LA. Toss-up there, but I say 103-101 in OT for GS.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 01, 2013

Man, I'm good at predicting football, but when it comes to Basketball, NOPE.

Chicago got lucky by ONE single point. Rose finally made a statement my landing the go-ahead bucket, but it didn't really win for them. Luol Deng came right behind Rose with 17. New York had the better team, but only Carmelo was able to get it going, putting up 22 points, the most in the game. Surprised Amar'e didn't get any inside, and that Felton and Shumpert weren't knocking them down like last night.

Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, Paul put up 42 points in the 126-115 win over GS. Griffin put up 23, and Redick and Crawford finally delivered. 17 each. Golden State did amazing, too, even getting Curry to respond to Paul with 38. But Thompson couldn't get going, and they didn't utilize Igoudala enough. However, David Lee and Andrew Bogut sure did.

So there's a lot of games going on tonight, and I'm going to watch Miami (who was upset last week) play the now-aged Nets. Then I'll probably stay up to watch Duncan and SA go into Los Angeles against the bench of the Lakers.

If Miami can get the rock to Ray Allen outside, he'll be deadly, but I think his former teammates Garnett and Pierce will like to have fun with him tonight. Miami will shine tonight as it's Allen/James VS Garnett/Pierce. 103-97 in favor of Miami.

Then, With Tim Duncan putting up a less than stellar performance in the win over Memphis, he and Tony Parker got to step it up. Nobody that game scored more than 15, and the guy with the most was some guy named Boris Diaw. We need a star to pop up if they plan on taking down the bench of the Lakers, who are producing without Bryant's help. Sure, they got rattled by Golden State, But Henry, Gasol, and Farmar can shine against this team. 99-97 in favor of LA.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 02, 2013

Guys, am I gonna be the only one who posts on here?

Anyways, last night was full of good games and bad ones. Here's how they went:

Philly 109-102 Washington
Philly dominated again coming off of their win to Miami three days ago. Thaddeus Young put up 29 for Philly, and Evan Turner really produced yet again with 23. Carter-Williams only put up 14 this game, but if Philly give him the ball some more, he'll have a great season. Philly got away barely, because Washington's Kentucky prospect John Wall delivered 26 points. He's playing as good as he did in college, but his teammates need to back him up.

New Orleans 90-110 Orlando
The Hornets, I mean Pelicans (I'm gonna mess that up all season) got beat 90-110 last night. Anthony Davis produced again with 26 pts, but not really anyone else, Aside from Holiday's 17. Mentioned it before, they need ALL of their players to score. Meanwhile, Orlando, giving the ball to Affallo is helping you out. 30 pts this time, and 20 from Forward Maurice Harkless. Maybe I was wrong about Jameer Nelson...

Cleveland 84-90 Charlotte
Cleveland, really, you beat Brooklyn then lost to Charlotte? Hm. C.J. Miles gave you 21, and Tristan Thompson gave 21 with 11 boards for a double double. How could you not win? Maybe because of UConn star Kemba Walker putting up 23 and Biyombo grabbing 10 boards. Still, New Orleans, pick it up.

Dallas 105-113 Houston
The battle in Texas ended with the Rockets winning by 8. James Harden and his fabulous beard gave him the most that night with 34. Howard and Asik pulled down the boards, 28 combined rebounds. Dirk and Ellis didn't give up though, putting up 22 and 20.

Toronto 95-102 Atlanta
The Hawks won, but DeMar DeRozan had fun last night, scoring 31 points. Al Horford was the star for Atlanta, 22 points and 16 boards. Korver, Teague, and Millsap gave some too, with 17, 17, and 15.

Milwaukee 105-98 Boston
Boston's not looking good anymore now that most of the vets are gone. The most for Boston was 17 by Bass. Zaza Pachulia (I love that name) put up 20, and was 1 board away from a double-double.

Oklahoma City 81-100 Minnesota
Damn. Minnesota really did have an attitude change, now 2-0. Still Lovin Love. 24 for him. Peko vic didn't do bad either with 15. Only Jeremy Lamb got going last night with 16, and aside from Durant (13), nobody scored more than 10.

Memphis 111-108 Detroit
Still not giving in, Temp. 3 points isn't enough for me to say, "Kay, they got skillz". Conley produced with 22, and Tony Allen and Zach Randolph put up 16 each. Detroit scared you guys with 19 each for Rodney Stuckey and Josh Smith. Also, 18 from Will Bynum.

Portland 113-98 Denver
Nate Robinson had 24 and Ty Lawson had 21, but it wasn't enough. LeMarcus Aldridge put up another stellar score of 25, and even if he hadn't done so well, Wesley Matthews and Nicolas Batum both had 21.

LAC 110-101 Sacramento
A battle in Cali. Always like it. Isaiah Thomas (No, not Isaiah. Isaiah) put up 29 points, and Cousins had 24. However, Paul and Griffin shined more. with 26 and 20. Jamal Crawford also had 18.

Utah 84-87 Phoenix
Kinda low, to be honest. Kanter backed up his rebounds with more scoring and got his 2nd consecutive double-double with 20 pts and 12 boards. Even though Bledsoe only got 18, all 12 players who played scored at least 2 pts. Gotta say though ,Utah, you're good with rebounds this game 39 between Kanter, Favors, and Hayward.

San Antonio 91-85 LAL
Neither team had an outstanding night, but both sides had star players. Tony Parker gave 24, with Manu Ginobili put in 20. Pau kept LAL in it though with 20 of his own, along with 14 from Meeks and 12 from Wesley Johnson.

Miami 100-101 Brooklyn
Double-whammy for Miami. Going against a team that lost to Cleveland, and loses by 1. The big 3 of James, Wade, and bosh combined for 64 pts, and then Allen and Chalmers put up 12 each, and STILL, Brooklyn won it. Pierce and Joe Johnson put up 19 each, and Lopez had 13. Brooklyn got 11 players to score at least 1 point. That's what barely got them by.

Now, tonight 16 teams are playing, and the game I'm gonna watch is Indiana VS Cleveland. Paul George is on a roll with his scoring abilities, and Lance Stephenson is backing him up. I'm curious if Hibbert will ever get into a roll. Then Cleveland, still hiding in the shadows. Can Thompson and Irving deliver enough to beat Indy? Close, but no dice. 109-104 for Indy.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Nov. 04, 2013

Pacers 89 - 74 Cleveland.

Boom.

The Pacers outscored Cleveland all 4 quarters, Stephenson had 22, Paul G. had 21, and Hibbert with 11. Cleveland just didn't luck out this game.

AND THEN...

76ers 107 - 104 Bulls
MCW ON A ROLL! TAKE A BOW BOY!

MWC lead Philly over Miami, the Wizards and now Chicago. He's looking like he's aiming for ROY. Amazing game. 26 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 4 TOs and 1 PF. Win.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 04, 2013

Paul George is gonna be the star for Indy this year. Three games with a stellar performance, and Lance Stephenson is really backing him up. Still wondering why Hibbert isn't being utilized. Maybe not his year...?

And Carter-Williams. I remember you. You made Syracuse's season in college. Now you gave Philly a 360. Nice. Might need to watch you...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Nov. 04, 2013

My Lakers fend off the Hawks for a 105-103 win (IIRC)

We're still not looking that solid. Sigh. Stupid MDA, PLAY THE BENCH UNIT MORE.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 04, 2013

Henry pulled through again for LAL. Their bench is fine without Bryant..

Meanwhile, Love is once again at the top for the night. 34 points. Who else did good? OKC over Phoenix 103-96. Durant put up 33, and Westbrook was working out the assists all game, two alley-oops to Durant.

Now tonight, all 4 games got me interested.

Rockets VS Clippers
With LAC giving Paul and Griffin plenty of points, can James Harden and his fabulous beard have an effect? I say neigh. 113-100 LAC...

T'Wolves VS Cavaliers
Kevin Love has the highest PPG so far, but can he alone carry 2011-2012's worst power ranked team past the Cavs and the young Kyrie Irving? I think so. 108-97 Minnesota.

Celtics VS Grizzlies
Both teams are struggling, but I think Bass still isn't gonna be enough this game. Mike Conley's gonna do better tonight. 99-92 for Memphis.

Warriors VS 76ers
Klay Thompson is a hot youngster, shining in their first game to start off their season 2-1, but with astounding rookie Michael Carter-Williams and veteran Evan Turner blocking the way for Philly, I say Golden State goes 2-2. 121-113 in favor of Philly.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Nov. 05, 2013

LAC, Cavs, Grizzs and Warriors win.

Curry had a Trip-Doub, in three quarters. Looks like MCW crashed back to earth. Iggy had 7 treys.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 05, 2013

Nice to see NC Pride represented in such fashion. Curry's Triple-Double is nice and all, but Andre Igoudala was the star. 32 points on the night. Lee put up 18 too, and Klay Thompson had 15. Philly tried though, 18 from Evan Turner and 18 from soon-to-be Rookie of the Year Michael Carter Williams.

However, you know what I really loved? The Clippers winning against the Rockets, not only giving them their first loss of the season, but with the highest point total this season of 137. Redick had fun out there, nabbing 26 points. CP3 and Jamal Crawford did well, too, getting 23 and 21, and Griffin put up 18.

Meanwhile, Minnesota got upset by C.J. Miles and the Cavs. Miles got 19, and Kyrie Irving got 15. Kevin Martin put p 23 for Minnesota, and Love had 17.

Lastly, I'm still not gonna admit that I am for them, but Memphis beat Boston 95-88. 15 each from Bayless, Conley, and Randolph. Boston tried to avoid staying winless. Green got 22, and Ohio State graduate Jared Sullinger had 16.

The game I'm looking forward to tonight is Indiana and Detroit. Indy's rolling on with George and Stephenson, but with players like Stuckey and Monroe, Detroit look to threaten. I have not been right at ALL so far, but Imma say 106-100 Indiana.