World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 (/Thread-MFB-Tiers-list-Last-Updated-27-12-11)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Hazel - Sep. 16, 2011

(Sep. 16, 2011  9:00 AM)Dr. Peace Wrote: it's true though. Galaxy can't take out Basalt better than any other wheels in tier 1. Just that Basalt isn't entirely 'invincible' when versus with the underdog. Sometime this can be happen by coincidence or even miracle or even a good technique. There is no doubt about that. XD

Well, the rumors of Basalt's "invincibility" have been greatly exaggerated, by this point. Anyone half-witted that owns a VariAres can bring down every single Basalt combo without a squirt of effort. Blitz can take out most of them in a similar fashion.

If you know anything at all about how the metal wheels interact when a KO is imminent, it's easy to find a way to KO Basalt with quite a lot of attack wheels. It's all about contact points.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - TenshouTsubasa - Sep. 16, 2011

If VariAres can bring Basalt Combos all down without a squirt of effort, I'm eat myself.
This hasn't happen to me yet, maybe.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Dr. Peace - Sep. 16, 2011

(Sep. 16, 2011  9:04 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2011  9:00 AM)Dr. Peace Wrote: it's true though. Galaxy can't take out Basalt better than any other wheels in tier 1. Just that Basalt isn't entirely 'invincible' when versus with the underdog. Sometime this can be happen by coincidence or even miracle or even a good technique. There is no doubt about that. XD

Well, the rumors of Basalt's "invincibility" have been greatly exaggerated, by this point. Anyone half-witted that owns a VariAres can bring down every single Basalt combo without a squirt of effort. Blitz can take out most of them in a similar fashion.

If you know anything at all about how the metal wheels interact when a KO is imminent, it's easy to find a way to KO Basalt with quite a lot of attack wheels. It's all about contact points.
i concur this statement. Because of the rise of new tier 1 attack wheels doesn't mean that other wheels are weak. Some point before, the wheels are used to be in tier one but then the time beat it and new wheels emerge. No matter the wheels in what group, it is all depends on the users capability and creative thinking on how to bring the best out of the wheels.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Electric - Sep. 16, 2011

(Sep. 16, 2011  9:24 AM)Dr. Peace Wrote: Because of the rise of new tier 1 attack wheels doesn't mean that other wheels are weak. Some point before, the wheels are used to be in tier one but then the time beat it and new wheels emerge. No matter the wheels in what group, it is all depends on the users capability and creative thinking on how to bring the best out of the wheels.

Beyblade is a game which is advancing really quickly with the level we are bringing it to.

We cannot hold on to the older, outclassed Metal Wheels saying "No, they were good." They were good, but most of their power wears out as new beyblades release. You just have to move on.

(Sep. 16, 2011  9:33 AM)Electric Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2011  9:24 AM)Dr. Peace Wrote: Because of the rise of new tier 1 attack wheels doesn't mean that other wheels are weak. Some point before, the wheels are used to be in tier one but then the time beat it and new wheels emerge. No matter the wheels in what group, it is all depends on the users capability and creative thinking on how to bring the best out of the wheels.

Beyblade is a game which is advancing really quickly with the level we are bringing it to.

We cannot hold on to the older, outclassed Metal Wheels saying "No, they were good." They were good, but most of their power wears out as new beyblades release. You just have to move on.

I'm fairly certain his point was that you can still do impressive things with outclassed technology if you know what you're doing, not that you should desperately cling to forgotten beyblades for inane purpose.

Basalt is the key focus of the metagame now, and there ARE non-T1 combos that can bring it down under the right circumstances. But, that doesn't make those parts themselves T1.

Ah, yes, I see.

It seemed like he was clinging on to a wheel. Well, at least I got a pont across, about, not holding on to beyblades and realizing that they have been outclassed.

I am sorry for any misunderstandings Dr. Peace.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - TenshouTsubasa - Sep. 16, 2011

So you're meaning some kind of wheels are great in taking out Basalt?

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Benjohadi - Sep. 16, 2011

Yup..Obviously..so far..Galaxy is the only older MW (before 4D series) that can push away Basalt but sadly..doesnt work always..But blitz and Vari did fine..sometime..outclassed bey need to be tested out if they have slightly potential i believe..but the worse of the ouclassed one can be left..

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Relic - Sep. 16, 2011

(Sep. 16, 2011  10:05 AM)Electric Wrote: Beyblade is a game which is advancing really quickly with the level we are bringing it to.

I contradict this statement.....Bakushin was considered useless until its hidden potential of Killing 230 based combos was revealed. Like this case,there could be many other parts which might have hidden potential in them which is still not known.

(Sep. 16, 2011  1:03 PM)Bladestar20 Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2011  10:05 AM)Electric Wrote: Well, at least I got a pont across, about, not holding on to beyblades and realizing that they have been outclassed.

I contradict this statement.....Bakushin was considered useless until its hidden potential of Killing 230 based combos was revealed. Like this case,there could be many other parts which might have hidden potential in them which is still not known.

You don't "contradict this statement" - please do not use words if you do not know their meaning.

What you're mentioning is not contradicting what he said at all, but rather supporting my point, which is the first one he was agreeing with. What you're talking about has nothing to do with "holding on to beyblades"; your post exemplifies the post I made - realizing that older Beys CAN have uses, but should still be left in their respective tier, as a single newly-discovered use for a Bey does not necessarily make it top tier - just a valid counter for a single thing.

I'm sorry,I meant to quote his first post.

Contradict means to "Speak against"

(Sep. 16, 2011  1:18 PM)Bladestar20 Wrote: I'm sorry,I meant to quote his first post.

Contradict means to "Speak against"

Even quoting his first post would not really serve as you directly contradicting him. Moreover, my posts had already addressed, and resolved the conflict with, his posts. Further input was not necessary.

All i was telling him was about how Bakushin was considered useless at one time...

(Sep. 16, 2011  1:31 PM)Bladestar20 Wrote: All i was telling him was about how Bakushin was considered useless at one time...

And I understand that, but the wording came across differently than you may have intended it.

It's not the only case of a lame duck routine with a Beyblade, though. Unexpected successful performances of Beys goes all the way back to the legendary Ultimate Frostic Dranzer/Gekiryuoh/Bistool of Plastics.

Galaxy, Screw, and Bakushin are MWs with such unexpected usefulness, but despite being able to do one or two neat things, they're still not validated as a high-tier bey, because while impressive, their function IS still limited.

Bladestar20, So you are saying that you should desperately cling on to every single Beyblade that is outclassed saying Wait, don't move on and forget this beyblade, it still might have use ? or a variant of that.

I speak from experience and have information to base off of. In the tournament I hosted, I came third place due to my own blunder (Not saying it is a bad placing.) I could have come second or even first. It is because I used Vulcan, clinging on to that wheel. Failing to realize that it was outclassed. I used it because I spent my money on it, therefore failing to let go.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Janstarblast - Sep. 16, 2011

Electric- Well, the argument is never ending, IMO. We take beyblade to a level where every new part is tested against a current Top Tier. But, there are a few who wanna try out the 'outclassed' parts as they think it might find use.
Galaxy was probably thrown away, as it was useless. But now we find that it may throw out Basalt! But, some parts are SO useless, that nothing is even expected out of them. So, outclassed parts have their uses. We try to keep every part in mind, and hence we simply cling onto the outclassed parts too. If we were not to test Galaxy further, we would not have been able to see its true potential.
The term 'outclassed' itself means to be 'overshadowed by a better option'. This possibly doesn't mean that outclassed parts have no use. Smile
So, we must 'cling' onto every part, but we mustn't overdo it, especially in competitive situations. Smile
I think I was off topic..

I am sorry to go so off topic, and derail the thread.

I know what it means Janstarblast, I never said that we must move on and forget all about the older beyblades, Bladestar20 misunderstood my post and thought I said that.

If there is anything more, it can be done through PMs.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - H8R - Sep. 16, 2011

well this has become very confusing.
so I thought I'd clear up what almost everyone wants.

Attack metal wheels Tier 1:
Hell: removed to tier 2
Blitz: added (My opinion and 1 or 2 others' opinions) [It certainly has enough testing]
Meteo: KEPT for now (undecided)

Defense metal wheels tier 1 :
Hell: moved to tier 2
Scythe: to tier 1
Bakushin?????(what do you guys think)???

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Bleik - Sep. 16, 2011

Attack in no order:
Lightning L-Drago
Beat
L-Drago Destroy
Fang
VariAres
Gravity Perseus
Blitz

Defense in no order:
Scythe
Basalt
Earth
Hell with BD145

(Sep. 16, 2011  8:51 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: Attack in no order:
Lightning L-Drago
Beat
L-Drago Destroy
Fang
VariAres
Gravity Perseus

Defense in no order:
Scythe
Basalt
Earth
Hell with BD145

???
what was the point of this??
Please be more specific next time. Thanks.
I just made a post for everyone's comfort and you go and ruin that.

That was only my opinion averaged out by all of the tests

(Sep. 16, 2011  10:29 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: That was only my opinion averaged out by all of the tests

Thanks but next time put that in your post or at least quote the one your responding to.
thank you.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - Ultra - Sep. 16, 2011

Here are the future changes:

Attack

Hell and MLD to tier 2
Blitz added to tier 1
GB145 added to tracks

Defence

Hell and Earth go to tier 2
Scythe added to tier 1

Stamina

I really don't know since no one has ever tested or compared DS, W2D and EWD properly.

EWD>WD
DS>WD
W2D<WD
EWD>DS
EWD>W2D
HFS>WD

Yep Blitz Unicorno R145HFS (S Mode) can OS Earth Aquario 90WD (Mint from Beat Lynx)

You should really add the clear wheels for attack wheels.
Blitz: Kerbecs, Unicorno I/II
Fang: Leone II, Kerbecs
Beat: Aquila, Byxis, Lynx, Giraffe

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 17/08/11 - ControL_ - Sep. 16, 2011

Woah woah woah. Scythe sucks for defence, what on earth is it doing in tier 1?

It's only decent when with BD145EDS/CS, and still gets rocked around as tests show. Earth is much better...

With Hell and MLD going to tier 2 in ATK i'm fine with that.

Proper EWD were done, they were proven to be slightly better than WD consistently, it's definitely up there with WD. Also in mirror matches, EDS and CS are completely tied if both are stamina condition, you only really use EDS with BD145, and BD145CS has shown to have massive stamina capabilities.

The reason why MB should go in defence is because it's one of very few tall enough tracks that will work with BD145 and its weight. RS can be outspun by MLDCH120XF and RSF can be outspun by metal flat.

Also, WD is very weak in the current metagame. I would even put it in tier 2 and D in tier 1. To support my point, can you even think of a single WD based combo in our current metagame that is competitively plausible? Don't say Hell BD145WD, Hell BD145D can OS it in mirror matches, and slides less with maximum balance.